Philadelphia Transfer Cases

I guess is the date that appears on the message: " ... on abc day we transferred ...". It usually takes 6-10 days for the applic to reach the local office so it shouldn't be a big difference

Philyjun said:
Congrats to jasony2004!

When you gays talk abount TD. Is this the date Cervice center notice date
or the date that local office received our file?
Thanks

Yes, they transfered our cases at same time, but my daughter's case was transfered here one monthes later.

nemessis said:
Hi, Thanks a lot,
It might be that they consider my wife's transferred date (end of jan) ... that I think will be tha case if I don't get it in the next days.
Did you have yours and your wife's application transferred in the same time?

jasony2004 said:
Hi,
My wife and I received our interview letters last Saturday. Our scheduled date is Apr. 22. If I remembered correctly, Nemessis‘ transfer date was same as ours. Perhaps he will receive his very soon. .. I wish everyone in the same boat would get our GC smoothly and quickly.

PD: Sep. 2001
I140 AD: May 2003
I485 XD: Dec. 9, 2004
Interview Date: Apr. 22, 2005

Great news and good luck. Hope that we all get an interview letter soon... My case was transferred in mid November and still no updates... :mad:

On Line message not updated

All,

Myself and my wife got approved and stamped on 3/11/05 at Phili office . But the online message is not yet changed still saying the old thing . Won't they update it ? Do you guys have any Idea about who will be sending the plastic card either Local Ins office (phili) or Vermont service center?

Thanks,

I don't think they ever update the online system after the transfer ... when I was doing scans for VSC thread I remember that there were lots of "transferred" aplications since 2002 (according to the online message) even if they processed 2003-2004 cases, and I'm pretty sure all those applications were approved.
nemessis

sushe485 said:
All,

Myself and my wife got approved and stamped on 3/11/05 at Phili office . But the online message is not yet changed still saying the old thing . Won't they update it ? Do you guys have any Idea about who will be sending the plastic card either Local Ins office (phili) or Vermont service center?

Thanks,

jasony2004,

Posting the format I got from my employer recently for the interview last week. Short and sweet.

=======================================================
March 01, 2005

U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services
Philadelphia District Office
1600 Callowhill Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130

Re: Employment Verification of [Your Name]

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that [Your Name] is employed with us on
full time as a [designation] since [start date, year] and his annual
salary is [your annual salary].

His duties include analysing [put in all your job responsibilities, check out your labor certification]

Please feel free to contact us if your office should require any further information.

Sincerely,

Name
Designation
Contact Number
=====================================================

Hope this helps

sgi

sushe485,

All,

Thanks,

In my attorney's word, the whole file is sent back to the service center who then put it in a queue to print card. Adds extra days to the process of getting in queue for the card as the file has to physically move from local office to Vermont.

My guess, the online might get updated after our files reach Vermont with approvals.

Sgi, Thanks. Your format definately helps.

sgi said:
jasony2004,

Posting the format I got from my employer recently for the interview last week. Short and sweet.

=======================================================
March 01, 2005

U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services
Philadelphia District Office
1600 Callowhill Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130

Re: Employment Verification of [Your Name]

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that [Your Name] is employed with us on
full time as a [designation] since [start date, year] and his annual
salary is [your annual salary].

His duties include analysing [put in all your job responsibilities, check out your labor certification]

Please feel free to contact us if your office should require any further information.

Sincerely,

Name
Designation
Contact Number
=====================================================

Hope this helps

sgi

Received the answer for the Name check inquiry today

Dear ... ...:

I am responding to your email dated November 3, 2004, concerning the name check status of you and your wife, ... ....

The FBI completed a name check for you and your wife, ... on July 31, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon/msh
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Comment: It looks like they are responding to the name check inquiries from beggining of Nov.

Interviewed and Stamped at Philly

Finally, it is my turn for getting GC. I have been quiet for a while… reading novels and enjoying my new job.

Interview is short and efficient- 5 minutes later I was stamped. Questions include: where I live now? Are you working? What kind of work you do? Do you have employment letter from your employer? Are you married? Do you have children? Have you ever been arrested any where in the world? After that officer stamped my passport and congratulated me! He told me I should receive my paper work within three months.

nemessis,

Could tell us how you did to get the result of your name check? Which email address you sent to? Did you do it by yourself or through your lawyer?

Also, could you please put my case (I485 for me and my wife) status in your next tracker update? Thanks a lot. Here is the detail:
EB2 NIW
RD: 09/20/2004
ND: 09/23/2004
TD: 11/01/2004
FP: 02/26/2005
ID&AD:????

Although my I485 and my wife's were transferred on 11/01/2004, I don't expect to receive my interview very soon since my wife and I just did fingerprint recently. Now I have a question. My wife and I did fingerprint on the same day. The LUD of my wife's case changed (also got email from USCIS-COCS) a week after the fingerprint and it says that they received the result of my wife's fingerprint and the processing of her case resumed. However, my LUD has not changed yet. Any comments on this? Does this happen to some of you? Thanks.

Bobbyren

nemessis said:
Dear ... ...:

I am responding to your email dated November 3, 2004, concerning the name check status of you and your wife, ... ....

The FBI completed a name check for you and your wife, ... on July 31, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon/msh
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Comment: It looks like they are responding to the name check inquiries from beggining of Nov.

For FBI name check follow this thread:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848

I did the name check myself, just send an e-mail and they will answer.

Regarding the FP it happened the same to me, my online message was updated a few days after the FP, my wife's message was never updated. I don't think this is an issue, it might be that they took the FP wrong and they will ask you to go again for FP
nemessis

bobbyren said:
nemessis,

Could tell us how you did to get the result of your name check? Which email address you sent to? Did you do it by yourself or through your lawyer?

Also, could you please put my case (I485 for me and my wife) status in your next tracker update? Thanks a lot. Here is the detail:
EB2 NIW
RD: 09/20/2004
ND: 09/23/2004
TD: 11/01/2004
FP: 02/26/2005
ID&AD:????

Although my I485 and my wife's were transferred on 11/01/2004, I don't expect to receive my interview very soon since my wife and I just did fingerprint recently. Now I have a question. My wife and I did fingerprint on the same day. The LUD of my wife's case changed (also got email from USCIS-COCS) a week after the fingerprint and it says that they received the result of my wife's fingerprint and the processing of her case resumed. However, my LUD has not changed yet. Any comments on this? Does this happen to some of you? Thanks.

Bobbyren

lowell said:
Finally, it is my turn for getting GC. I have been quiet for a while… reading novels and enjoying my new job.

Interview is short and efficient- 5 minutes later I was stamped. Questions include: where I live now? Are you working? What kind of work you do? Do you have employment letter from your employer? Are you married? Do you have children? Have you ever been arrested any where in the world? After that officer stamped my passport and congratulated me! He told me I should receive my paper work within three months.

Hi Lowell,

Congratulations for your GC success. I am going to phillydelphia on April 4th for my I-485 employment based interview.

Now I am staying in Dallas and working for another company (not sponsoring company) but I didn't send any AC 21 etc.

Do you think is that a problem in my interview? Like in my driver's license the address is showing as Dallas but my interview is at phillydelphia and in all my documents (I-140 & I-485) the address is my sponsoring company address, is that create any problem. Please let me know as soon as possible. I am very tensed for my situation. Thank you so much in advance for your wonderful help.

Boddam

I dont think AC 21 is a Problem

Hi Boddam,

I am also working for other company not for the sponsor , I did not send the AC 21 to INS when I change the employer. But I do stay in the same address. In the Interview the officer asked me the job letter . I gave the job letter from my sponsor .Then he asked me r u currently working for this company ? I said no , another company. He asked me IS the job same ? I said yes . He asked me the job letter from my present employer and also the payslips and couple of W2's.

He did not ask my driver license . But he asked me the Apartment lease agreement and any letter from the apartment community and other evidence like utility bills .

If you are able to show the proof of residence for your address you provide for INS it would be okay. The job letter from your sponsor and your current employer are important. Good Luck with your Interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Bohham

Hi Boddam,

Thanks! I don’t think there are any problems in your case at interview. Don’t worry if you did not send AC 21 letter. You can explain to officer at interview that you changed your job to Dallas and you need to give them your current residential address. They may check if your current job is in the same field with the petitioned one. Your current job letter should sound like the same job in your I-140 (or labor certificate). (If not, be prepare to explain the similarities in front of officer.) Theoretically you may not belong to Philly jurisdiction now. Since they did not transfer your case and already gave you interview notice, you should be fine. For employment-based case, the key is you have a job offer in the same or similar field as your petition.

Good luck and take it easy. I have been in the forum for 3 or 4 years. Never heard anyone denied after interview.

Is this normal?

Yesterday, it was a bit of surprise for me. But yet not resolved. Our family's interview was done on Nov 05, 2004 and since then I have been waiting for approval notice which is pending due to FBI name check clearance. However, Yesterday my kid (6 years old) alone recieved Welcome notice. I am hoing that ours (me and my wife's) also arrive in few days. Does that mean my file has been cleared? or Can they approve just dependents without the approval of primary? My kid's letter was dated on 13th Mar. 2004 (Sunday)? Do they work on Sundays?

Gurus can enlighten me please!

lowell said:
Hi Boddam,

Thanks! I don’t think there are any problems in your case at interview. Don’t worry if you did not send AC 21 letter. You can explain to officer at interview that you changed your job to Dallas and you need to give them your current residential address. They may check if your current job is in the same field with the petitioned one. Your current job letter should sound like the same job in your I-140 (or labor certificate). (If not, be prepare to explain the similarities in front of officer.) Theoretically you may not belong to Philly jurisdiction now. Since they did not transfer your case and already gave you interview notice, you should be fine. For employment-based case, the key is you have a job offer in the same or similar field as your petition.

Good luck and take it easy. I have been in the forum for 3 or 4 years. Never heard anyone denied after interview.

Thank you so much for your immediate detail response, after reading your message, I am confident to face the interview. Thank you for your support and encouraging words.

sushe485 said:
Hi Boddam,

I am also working for other company not for the sponsor , I did not send the AC 21 to INS when I change the employer. But I do stay in the same address. In the Interview the officer asked me the job letter . I gave the job letter from my sponsor .Then he asked me r u currently working for this company ? I said no , another company. He asked me IS the job same ? I said yes . He asked me the job letter from my present employer and also the payslips and couple of W2's.

He did not ask my driver license . But he asked me the Apartment lease agreement and any letter from the apartment community and other evidence like utility bills .

If you are able to show the proof of residence for your address you provide for INS it would be okay. The job letter from your sponsor and your current employer are important. Good Luck with your Interview.

Thank you so much for your immediate detail response, I am going to start working on collecting my documents as you said. Thank you for your kind words and help

Here is useful interview information from other people.

DOCUMENT PREPARED 1

1. Interview Notice
2. Drivers Licenses and Passport and I-94
3. All Receipt Notice and Approval Notice from INS
a. RIR Approval Notice
b. I-140 Approval Notice - Original Copy
c. I-485 Receipt Notice - Original Copy
d. I-485 Transfer Notice
4. Employment Letter for Primary applicant
5. Pay Stubs for Primary applicant for the Past 6 Months
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Birth Certificate
8. Federal Income Tax for Year 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 and W-2s
9. Evidence of Bona Fides of Marital Union
a. Join Banking Account
b. Mortgage Statement
c. Insurance Policy
d. Photographs
e. Baby Birth Certificate and SSN
10. Copies of All Foreign Travel Documents
a. EAD
b. AP
11. Spouse’s Employment Evidence or Other Document to Prove Currently in Status
a. Employment Letter
b. Pay Stubs
c. H1-B Copy
12. SSN Card
13. All University Diploma
14. All I-485 Filing Document
15. All Bills to prove current address
16. All I-20s

DOCUMENT PREPARED 2

-Passport & I-94, and copy for each applicant
-Tax Return for the last three years
-Employment letter
-Last three W-2
-Birth Certificates (Original & copy), if no birth certificates then two affidavits from parents/friends
-Marriage Certificate (Original & copy for applicant and spouse)
-six months pay stubs (original and pay stubs)
-H1-copies (Original & copy for each applicant)
-Notarized form I-134 for family
-EAD's and AP's for all the members
-I-140 Approval (Original & copy)
-Children birth certificate
-Two photographs
-State ID
-SSN Card (Original & copy)
-Joint Bank Account (Original & copy)
-Apt lease/insurance/health insurance copy with spouse name (Original & copy)
-All University Certificates

INTERVIEW OVERVIEW 1

1. Took index finger print and signature
2. Got into office and took the oath to tell the truth
3. Presented all the document the officer asked for
4. While presented the document, the officers asked a series of random questions
a. Have you been ever arrested in any place all over the world
b. Do you always stay in the US with status? Show me the proof
c. Birthday
d. Home Phone number
e. Employer name
f. How many hours do you work each week
g. When do you start your work each day
h. What is your job title
i. What is your salary
j. When do you got married
k. Is this your first marriage
l. Do you have kid
m. Do you have kid's birth certificate
n. When do you guys meet?
o. Where do you go to school
p. When is the last time you entered the United States
5. The officer took the I-94 card while he was asking the questions
6. The officer made photo copies of all the document.

INTERVIEW OVERVIEW 2

1. take fingerprint.
2. make an oath that we will only speak of truth.
3. ask us to present our passports, birth certificates, marriage license, my employment letter and official approval notice for my second H1 and I140.
4. ask me about my job duty and how long i've been working there.
5. ask my wife about her I20. it turned out the officer got his first degree from the same school.
6. he asked IF we brought any tax return, which i think even if we didn't bring any, it would be OK. he didn't say how many years back he wanted. we gave him the two years we brought.
7. he asked both of us if we've been married before.
8. all of our AP. (neither of us has EAD.)
9. questions about our birthday, place of birth, parents' names.
10. questions about whether we've been arrested, terrorist...etc.

Job letter sample:

------------------
data

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
1600 Callowhill Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130

Re: Employment Verification of XXX (you name)

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter will confirm that (you name) is employed by the (company name) as a (your job title). In this capacity Mr./Ms. (you name) is conducting xxxx (your job description). Mr./Ms. (your name) is employed on a full time basis and his salary is the amount of $XXX per annum plus full benefits.

Sincerely,

XXXX

Title