Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Get EAD renew at Philly local iffice

Last Friday, I and my wife went to Philly local office using infpass appoinment
and get our EADS. The whole process took less than 20 minutes and pretty smooth.
My I485 was fileld Nov. 2003 at Vcs center and our renew of EAD and
Ap application were filed at same center around Dec. 2004
I-485 was transfered to the Philly local on Jan. 6 and AP and EAD were transfered to local a few days later.
We received approval letter for both of our EAD's in the middle of January.
Now, our APs were mailed to our home address few day's ago and we got our EADs right after the fingerprint and pictures been taken in local office.

I did asked the officer about the status of our 485s and she told us
that they usually did not ask interview for employment based I485(I guess
it's not tha case) and told me by June, We may get our I485 cleared.

Just want to share the experience with you guys since this place is very informative by everyone's contribution. Please share your thoughts here.

Thanks.

Philyjun

I-485 Interview Scheduled - April 18th

Hello folks,

Wanted to let you know that i have received the interview notice for me and my wife.. it is scheduled on the 18th of APril..

background of the case..

Labor Substitute - EB2 with priority date MArch 2002

I - 140 RD/ND Sep 2003
I - 485 RD/ND Oct 2003

140 Approved in Oct 2004 & 485 transferred to Philly in Oct 2004.

shabbu77,

Great news and good luck!!! It seems that the Philly Office is moving into November 04 for EB cases. I think jsmith888666 should be the next.

Boddam said:
Hi Owen,

Are you taking Attorney for your Interview, if yes, can you please let me know his phone number and email ID, so that I can talk to him and take him for my interview too. I am scheduled at Philly 4th April 2005, 11.00 AM and my wife 11.30. Thank you inadvance for helping and Good Luck for your interview.

Boddam

My lawyer won't go with me. I will call him to discuss how to prepare the interview. Will update here.

Do we need to bring 2 photos to Philly office for getting EAD

Philyjun,
We are in the same boat with you. I485s were transfered to Philly in Dec. 2004. My wife and I applied renewal of our EAD. We received letters from Philly office and were told they had approved our EAD and ask us to appear in person to get it. I just made an appointment with them. From the appointment confirmation web page, they asked to bring 2 passport style photos. My question for you is: Do you bring 2 photos with you when you got your EAD in Philly office. They should have our photos, right? We mailed our application to VSC and then transfered to Philly. Thanks for your consideration. I am looking forward to seeing your response.

jasony2004

You do not need to bring photos. You will been took photos there
and you can get your card 10 minutes later.

Hi ,

Today myself & my wife attended Interview without Attorney. Interview went very well. Officer is very Polite.Officer took 10 minutes ,just few common questions from I-485 form .And then officer stamped our Passports.

Good Luck for those who is going to attend Interview..

Hi gcwaiting2001,

Congrats and thanks a lot for sharing the info.
nemessis

gcwaiting2001 said:
Hi ,

Today myself & my wife attended Interview without Attorney. Interview went very well. Officer is very Polite.Officer took 10 minutes ,just few common questions from I-485 form .And then officer stamped our Passports.

Good Luck for those who is going to attend Interview..

Approved after Interview in Philly on March 11th

Members,

I would like to thank every member who contibuted to this thread, as it kept my hopes alive especially Turkish Engineer, from whom I learnt to be patient. Initially I was totally angered and frustrated at the transfer after more than a 2 year long wait at the I-485 stage and after 3 EAD's and AP's. Was getting ready to apply for the 4th when the call for interview came through.

A week before my interview attorney called me to his office and gave me a interview prep and a chance for me to ask any questions. That was the first time ever i saw him, his office and my pillow size file!

Attorney asked to get photocopies of everything that USCIS may not have, such as W2 forms,tax returns, pay stubs, employment letter in original (have used Ac21 twice since filing 485 and did not inform USCIS and attorney), proof of residence such as utility bills, lease agreement. Attorney asked to get originals of all documents that were submitted to USCIS previously these included birth certificates, I-94's, previously issued AP and EAD.

Interview was scheduled for 11:00 AM, but was there at 10:00 AM attorney walked in at 10:30 and submitted the interview letter at the window. Was called in 15 minuted later. Officer was extremely friendly, took fingerprints and oath and started asking for all originals to verify the documents that were in the file. Later took the photocopies and filed everything in the file. It took more time to puch and file everything rather than the questions. He went away for about 10 minutes to check if the dates are current, which he commented that being 2000 it should but it was their QA process.

Came back stamped and congratulated and said that completes the long wait for your family. I could not help asking why my case was transferred, to which he joked that folks at the service center want to give them (at local offices) some work.

No photographs was needed, you could submit one if you want the latest photograph to be in your card. I chose to use my younger photograph submitted nearly 2 - 1/2 years ago. :) , which i saw was attached to our files neatly wrapped in a wax paper.

Members, wanted to add that the interview letter asked us to get a proof that we were married and our finances are inter-mingled and notorized affidavit copies from friends that we were husband and wife. It said nothing about employment letter or W2 forms.

My attorney clearly informed that there was no need to those notorized affidavit copies, just my marriage certificate will be enough. Told me to get the employment letter, paystubs and tax returns even though not mentioned as mine was employment based not a family based green card. Since I was skeptical of not taking the documents that was initially asked i took my attorney with me for the interview. Sure enough the documents that were originally listed were never asked.

Here is a snapshot of my case.
PD : DEC 2000
I-485: July 2002
TD : Sept 8th 2004
Letter for Interview received : Feb 11th 2005
Interview and Approval : March 11th 2005

sgi

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved after the Interview Yesterday

Hi All,

Phili Ins scheduled my interview at 1-30 pm yesterday . But my wife was not scheduled for the interview . I made an appointment for her through Infopass and took her with me for the interview . The officer called me at 1-30 pm for the interview and he hesitated to take my wife for the interview, because she did not have the interview letter . After he checked with other officials he found my wife's file and took both of us for the interview.

The interview went for one hour . We submitted all the documents proof of residence, w2's,payslips,EADS,APs,employer letter,marriage certificate etc.We both got stamped . Good luck to all who are in the Queue for the interview . Thanks to every one for giving me a lot of information.

Here are my details,
Notice date : 02/13/2002
Finger prints - 2
EAD - 3
APS - 3
RFE - 08/11/2004
Transfer Dt - 09/08/2004
Approved Dt - 03/11/2005

Thanks a lot guys - updated the tracker

It looks like the next in line is jsmith888666, sickwaiting and Aladin. Please let us know guys if you have any news. Regarding me, I went last week to the local office and I was told that my application is in a "very early stage" and when I asked what that means I was told that there are tons of applications transferred before mine :mad: :mad: :mad: In USCIS timeframe 3.5 years is "very early stage"
nemessis

Congrats,

It can happen. Can you please provide the details o your case (Eb?, company, if you used AC21, etc).

Thanks a lot,
nemessis

jsmith888666
Congrats.

nemessis
I went to Local office to pick up my EAD and asked officer
to check my status. She told me that they usually do not interview
employment base case(I guess some time) and gave me the estimete of my case. She said by June, I might reveive my approval letter. Believe or not,
that's what she said and I take that positive so I can feel better. Your case
should be approved early than mine since my TD is early January.

Good luck to all of us.

Philyjun

Thanks a lot for your info. My problem now is that my wife's case (she is the dependant) was transferred in ~Jan 30th so I don't know if they will process my case based on my TD or hers.

Also I applied for AP in Dec sending the docs to Chicago and so far I didn't get any answer from them. It is possible to get the AP from Philly? Should I apply for a new AP at Philly or they can give me one based on my Chicago application?

Thanks again,
nemessis

Philyjun said:
jsmith888666
Congrats.

nemessis
I went to Local office to pick up my EAD and asked officer
to check my status. She told me that they usually do not interview
employment base case(I guess some time) and gave me the estimete of my case. She said by June, I might reveive my approval letter. Believe or not,
that's what she said and I take that positive so I can feel better. Your case
should be approved early than mine since my TD is early January.

Good luck to all of us.

Philyjun

Last edited by a moderator:
My Ap and EAD were field to VSC late Dec. when my 485 file still there.
They transfered my 485 to local and few days later, my EAD and AP were
also transfered to the local office. Late last month, I reveived ead approval letter from local office and asked me to show up to get my EAd. Than few days later, I received my AP directly from local office.

what information needs to be in the updated job letter

Hi,
My wife and I received our interview letters last Saturday. Our scheduled date is Apr. 22. If I remembered correctly, Nemessis‘ transfer date was same as ours. Perhaps he will receive his very soon.
I have been working in the same company for nearly six years and I asked our HR to prepare the updated job letter for me. They ask me to specify what information needs to be in the letter. Could anyone answer this question for me. I am sure this answer will benefit a lot of people.

I wish everyone in the same boat would get our GC smoothly and quickly.

PD: Sep. 2001
I140 AD: May 2003
I485 XD: Dec. 9, 2004
Interview Date: Apr. 22, 2005

Hi, Thanks a lot,
It might be that they consider my wife's transferred date (end of jan) ... that I think will be tha case if I don't get it in the next days.
Did you have yours and your wife's application transferred in the same time?

jasony2004 said:
Hi,
My wife and I received our interview letters last Saturday. Our scheduled date is Apr. 22. If I remembered correctly, Nemessis‘ transfer date was same as ours. Perhaps he will receive his very soon.
I have been working in the same company for nearly six years and I asked our HR to prepare the updated job letter for me. They ask me to specify what information needs to be in the letter. Could anyone answer this question for me. I am sure this answer will benefit a lot of people.

I wish everyone in the same boat would get our GC smoothly and quickly.

PD: Sep. 2001
I140 AD: May 2003
I485 XD: Dec. 9, 2004
Interview Date: Apr. 22, 2005

Congrats to jasony2004!

When you gays talk abount TD. Is this the date Cervice center notice date
or the date that local office received our file?
Thanks