Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Updated sushe485

sushe485 thanks for posting your details abt interview. I also think you can take your wife with you since your the main applicant. the only reason her application might be delayed is the medicals, all the rest should depend on you (I140, EVL etc)

Thanks again,
nemessis

PS: I think shabbu77, sgi and immi2003 are no longer active here. It looks like next in line are: yuxin, jsmith888666, sickwaiting, Aladdin. Good luck to all of you .

Today I received Interview letters for my wife and mine. They are asking below documents for Interivew

1)Passport,I94(Arrival/Departure Form),If Any
2)A Current Letter of Employment For you And/OR your Spouse Showing Rate of Pay and Hours Per Week
3)YOur Spouse
4)Evindence of a Common Residence and shared Life(Include Photos)

Can any one please explain me what documents(Regarding Letter of Employment Format) we have to carry for the Interview.Do i need to take lawyer for the Interview Please advise

Details in signature:

suryapet said:
Today I received Interview letters for my wife and mine. They are asking below documents for Interivew

1)Passport,I94(Arrival/Departure Form),If Any
2)A Current Letter of Employment For you And/OR your Spouse Showing Rate of Pay and Hours Per Week
3)YOur Spouse
4)Evindence of a Common Residence and shared Life(Include Photos)

Can any one please explain me what documents(Regarding Letter of Employment Format) we have to carry for the Interview.Do i need to take lawyer for the Interview Please advise

Details in signature:

Hi Surya,

Congratulations. I am also same boat, my Interview is on April 4th 2005, any how these are the details, have a look and let me know if you have any questions. I strongly recommend taking the lawyer at the time of Interview helps lot.

List of Documents: -

1. Interview Notice
2. I-140 Approved Copy
3. All EAD’s originals
4. All Advance Parole ID’s Originals
5. Passport + I-94
6. Driver’s License
7. Birth Certificate
8. Marriage Certificate + Photos
9. Employment Letter – Latest –
10. Employment Letter – (Previous company, if they file GC)
11. All H1B1 Originals
12. Tax Returns (Federal Income Tax)
13. W2’s
14. 6 Months Pay stubs
15. Two Photographs
16. SSN card
17. Joint Bank Account papers
18. Apartment Lease & Letter
19. Health Insurance Copy
20. All University certificates
21. Education evaluation
22. All Experience letters
23. All received + Approved notices (INS)
24. RIR Approved Notice (Labor)
25. I-485 Transfer Notice
26. Mortgage Statement original (If you have own house)
27. Spouse Emp. evidence + Salary slip (If she is working)
28. All Bills to prove current address
29. Current Resume
30. AR 11 – Postal Acknowledgement

These are the list of some good Attorneys in Philly, call them and get an idea of who has gone to more interviews and do they know the immigration inspectors at INS office and how much they are going to charge etc.

I am working on the experience letter with my attorney now; once that is done I am going to let you know the format. Thank you and good luck.

Boddam

List of Attorneys in Philly: -

1.Erik B. Jensen, P.C. - Philadelphia, PA (215) 546-4700

2.Douglas N. Stern, P.C. - Philadelphia, PA (215) 545-6300

3.Alfonso Caprara - Philadelphia, PA (215) 557-9084

4.Reed Smith LLP - Philadelphia, PA (215) 851-8100

5.Law Offices of Tahir Mella - Philadelphia, PA (215) 640-9770

6.Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C. - Philadelphia, PA (215) 546-0011

7.Giovanni O. Campbell, Attorney at Law - Philadelphia, PA (215) 427-1400

8.Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C. - Philadelphia, PA 1-215-969-6090

9.Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C. - Philadelphia, PA 1-215-695-0220

10.Law Offices of Joel B. Albert, P.C. - Bala Cynwyd, PA (610) 660-7773

11.Kellerman & Connelly, P.C. - Norristown, PA (610) 275-6400

12.Ronald I. Kaplan, Esquire - Eddystone, PA 610-876-8880

13.Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C. - Landsdowne, PA 1-610-259-0300

Boddam,

Just wondering what kind of experience letter you are working on for your interview. Is that just like a statement of what you have done and what achievement you had before? I appreciate if you could give some more detail about it.

Also, I am not sure if it is necessary, but I saw in a previous thread that the officer asked for a child's birth certificate and SSN.

Bobbyren

bobbyren said:
Boddam,

Just wondering what kind of experience letter you are working on for your interview. Is that just like a statement of what you have done and what achievement you had before? I appreciate if you could give some more detail about it.

Also, I am not sure if it is necessary, but I saw in a previous thread that the officer asked for a child's birth certificate and SSN.

Bobbyren

Hi Bobby,

Have a look and let me know. Thanks.

Experience should be very detailed and should have this information too.

1.The Date hired
2.Indicates it’s permanent position
3.Current Salary
4.Benefits
5.Details about current position
6.Position title
7.Some information about the employer (How big the company is and how many people are working etc)
8.Quite bit of financial information
9.Technology using for developing products etc
10 Try to match with your labor as much as you can.

Note: - Don't forget to take your employer financial statement with you when u go for the interview.

My lawyer got interview notices (end March) for both my wife and me. Preparing...
I heard that it may be a good idea to bring the medical exam copies.. So just a reminder for everybody here.
Also, why do we need to bring two photos? They didn't ask for that.

WOW, thanks yuxin, things are really moving at Philly local office.
nemessis

yuxin said:
My lawyer got interview notices (end March) for both my wife and me. Preparing...
I heard that it may be a good idea to bring the medical exam copies.. So just a reminder for everybody here.

Congrats!

yuxin said:

Good news, Yuxin. Hope everything goes well for your interview. It has been a very long wait for all of us, especially for folks like Yuxin and myself filing in 2002.... Like Namesis said, things seem to be moving in Philly, so let's keep our hopes alive.

Thanks Owen2003

Owen2003 said:
My lawyer told me he got notices for both my wife and me. Maybe you can try to have your wife with you for the interview (make a infopass appointment so you can enter the building). I am not sure it is useful to call them.

I have taken a Infopass for my wife

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Nemessis , I 'll Keep you updated

nemessis said:
sushe485 thanks for posting your details abt interview. I also think you can take your wife with you since your the main applicant. the only reason her application might be delayed is the medicals, all the rest should depend on you (I140, EVL etc)

Thanks again,
nemessis

PS: I think shabbu77, sgi and immi2003 are no longer active here. It looks like next in line are: yuxin, jsmith888666, sickwaiting, Aladdin. Good luck to all of you .

I-485 Employment based Interview - Attorney Address

Hi Friends,

Did any one can give me very good immigration lawyer phone number and Email ID for attending Philadelphia I-485 employment based interview. If you already using his services and feeling great about his knowledge and he knows immigration inspectors too in the Philadelphia service center. Thank you. Please let me know as early as possible. Thank you.

Boddam

Waiting time after transfer for interview - processing dates

Hi Boddam,
Congratulations on getting interview letter and good luck.
So based on your experience, the processing dates showing on website is original notification date, not the transfer date. Am I correct?

Thanks

I think the dates shown on the WEb site are the dates for Family-based cases ... they don't report EB cases at the local office, but according to what ppl report here, the EB cases processing dates are somwhere in Oct-Nov 2004 transfer date.
nemessis

tsdens said:
Hi Boddam,
Congratulations on getting interview letter and good luck.
So based on your experience, the processing dates showing on website is original notification date, not the transfer date. Am I correct?

Thanks

Owen2003 said:

Hi Owen,

Are you taking Attorney for your Interview, if yes, can you please let me know his phone number and email ID, so that I can talk to him and take him for my interview too. I am scheduled at Philly 4th April 2005, 11.00 AM and my wife 11.30. Thank you inadvance for helping and Good Luck for your interview.

Boddam

I don't think you need lawyer. If you ever arrested or out of status, otherwise you don't need attorney .Officers are polite .

gcwaiting2001 said:
I don't think you need lawyer. If you ever arrested or out of status, otherwise you don't need attorney .Officers are polite .

Thank you for your response, only the problem with my case is I didn't send AC21 documents, after changing the job, I am working in Dallas but my previous employer is from Philadelphia, my file was moved from Vermont to Philly local office for I-485 interview.

In my interview letter they are asking just my drivers license, actually in my drivers license Dallas address is there so they may object I am not belongs to that state. Any suggestions or ideas please let me know. Thank you.

Ap

My application was transferred to Philly in Dec 2004. I've sent the I131 for advance parole in Jan but so far I didn't get any response. I plan to travel soon. It is possible to get a sort of emergency AP from the local office? If yes, what is the procedure? Has anybody been in this situation? Any input greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
nemessis

get Infopass

nemessis said:
My application was transferred to Philly in Dec 2004. I've sent the I131 for advance parole in Jan but so far I didn't get any response. I plan to travel soon. It is possible to get a sort of emergency AP from the local office? If yes, what is the procedure? Has anybody been in this situation? Any input greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
nemessis

Hello Nemessis,

First thing i would do is to schedule an appoinment and carry a couple of documents supporting the emergency..Also you might want to carry a couple of Pictures ( just in case to avoid a query on the photographs)... A friend of mine had an emergency and they did the same as mentioned above and they got their approval in 2 days by mail..Good Luck