Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Ap

They dont issue AP in Philly anymore. You can go in person and submit the papers which they send to the National Benefit center. I think it is taking around 90-100 days at present. I ran into this issue and had to cancel my planned trip and even my tickets to Europe during Thanks giving!!

Is anyone here with receipt date earlier than 9/2001 ? My transfer date to philly was Nov 2003 after being transferred to several other local offices by clerical error!! Did anyone get interview with a transfer date later than of 11/03?

Hey stripped,

what happened to your case ... interview ... approval ... waiting?
Thanks,
nemessis

Stripped said:
3 days if you're eligible for AP processing by the Philly district office (i.e. your EB case was transferred here).

ganap,

check a few posts before, you'll find the tracker I compiled from what I got from this forum ... it looks like they missed you ... any reason why?
nemessis

ganap said:
Is anyone here with receipt date earlier than 9/2001 ? My transfer date to philly was Nov 2003 after being transferred to several other local offices by clerical error!! Did anyone get interview with a transfer date later than of 11/03?

update

just wanted to let u know that my friend and his wife received their welcome letter today exactly one month after their interview on 9th november,04 at the philly office.Also the letter says they should receive the actual card in three weeks.just fyi

Thanks smskam,

Do you have more info abt the case: TD, ND, what kind of case was (EBx, FB ...)? Sorry I realized now that you were posting for a friend ... how abt you, were you a transfer case also?

Also an appeal for: ganap, MGM, Vlad, wbxls, redmark, gmc_17822, sach_bh
stripped, lowell, suresh734, turbo8 especially, but also for the rest of the guys who are in the tracker or were approved already ... can you post please all the details of your case (EB/FB category), if it was 245 case, NIW, etc so we might develop a pattern of what's going on at the local office,

I'll try to find all the info available abt Philly local office on this web site or other web sites ... let's help each other ,

Thanks a lot guys, I'll do the work just give me the data.
nemessis

PS: I updated the last version of the tracker, different years for the TD are in different colors. Also corrected the info for ganap TD nov-03

smskam said:
just wanted to let u know that my friend and his wife received their welcome letter today exactly one month after their interview on 9th november,04 at the philly office.Also the letter says they should receive the actual card in three weeks.just fyi

Last edited by a moderator:
ganap said:
They dont issue AP in Philly anymore. You can go in person and submit the papers which they send to the National Benefit center. I think it is taking around 90-100 days at present. I ran into this issue and had to cancel my planned trip and even my tickets to Europe during Thanks giving!!

I got my latest AP (can't even recall whether it's 3rd or 4th) at 1600 Callowhill this week. Dropped off documents last week; this week the AP was issued. I, too, was under the impression the EAD's and AP's are processed an the MSC these days; the officers, however, stated that the local office keeps issuing docs for all EB transferred cases...

Perhaps, the policies have changed, once again..

latest version of the tracker

OK guys,

I came with the last compilation of the spreadsheet ... I tried to track down all the ppl who posted a message somewhere that their case was transferred to Philly and I tried to see the complete follow-up. I posted all the info I found in the comments column and as a comment field. I also used different colors for different years. In bold are the cases with no documented interview/approval. The last columns is the waiting time for interview, approval and for the ppl who didn’t get the approval is how long they’ve been waiting from TD and ND, of course for the ones where I could find the ND.

I think the situation isn’t that bad as I initially thought.

For 2003 cases: ganap and stripped are still confirmed active here, please give us more details abt your cases, maybe we can understand why you didn’t get the interview until now? Are your cases FB? Also lowell, suresh734 are you still around?

For 2004 cases: there is a clear tendency to reduce the waiting time. There are 7 cases in the first half of the year, 4 of them approved, 3 of them uncertain. Next 3 months 1 was transferred to IL, 2 from Aug interviewed (1 approved, tiger1234 what happened with your interview?) 3 from Sept pending, also 7 cases in the last 3 months pending ...

So I won’t say that it looks bad, initially I was thinking to 12-15 mo to receive the interview letter.

Again please post any details abt your case that are not in the spreadsheet, we’ll be useful for all of us to understand what Philly USCIS is doing and when we can expect something from them.
Thanks
nemessis

Last edited by a moderator:
nemessis said:
OK guys,

For 2003 cases: ganap and stripped are still confirmed active here, please give us more details abt your cases, maybe we can understand why you didn’t get the interview until now?

this is something I'd wish I knew..
:confused:

mine's a straight forward (or so I think) EB case.

nemissis

u r welcome.. Thankfully I am not in this process.I just happened to help my friend as he was not very comfortabe with his lawyer and his lawyer did not seem to really give him enough time and or info and stuff like that. sometimes when u r too good and complacent in this world it does not help a lot.....having said that i had been told about this website by some other colleagues and so i thought i would get on it and see if i could help my friend with info that his lawyer never gave most of the times and trust me this was a great help... thanks to mr rajiv khanna...

this is the info I have:
he went to the lawyer to apply in feb 2001
1-140 priority date : march2001
RD AUG 2001
ND NOV 2001
485:
RD DEC 2001
ND JAN 2002

CASE TRANSFERRED TO PHILLY
ND MAY 15,2003
never heard from phily office till may 2004 .

PHILLY OFFICE CONTACTED HIM WITH A LETTER STATING HE NEEDS TO WAIT TILL JULY31ST, 2005 ,15 MONTHS BEFORE CONTACTING THEM (that was the time frame given for scheduling his interview)..
THE DATE OF NOTICE WAS MAY 2004 AND RD ON THE NOTICE WAS JAN,2002
But received his interview letter i think in october for an interview on november 9,2004. received welcome letter for both his wife and himself on december 9,2004
this is pretty much the details i have..
hope thi shelps people who are waiting and give them an idea about the whole process...good luck all of u.

Here I am giving my details:
Priority Date: 24th Oct 2001
I-140 Approved on 11 th June 2004
I-485 Receipt Date: 18th Aug 2003 .(for mine and my spouse)
FP Done : 10th Oct 2004 .(for mine and my spouse)
FP received on 4 th Nov 2004 .(for mine and my spouse)
Transfer Date on 2 nd Dec 2004 from Vermont Service Center to PHILADELPHIA, PA.(for mine and my spouse)
2 EADs and 2 AP .(for mine and my spouse)

Please add my details to Spread sheet

Done

Thanks a lot guys for your cooperation ...in this way we'll help each other and we'll have an idea on what Philly local office is up to.

Several Qs: stripped are you sure your case is at Philly, I mean did you checked with them and they confirmed that? Was it a 245i case? what is the EB category 1,2 3? smskam and gcwaiting2001, are you EB cases also, and what type of EB ?

Thanks a lot guys and I appreciate your cooperation. I my predictions are correct until the end Jan sgi, sushe485 and immi_2003 should receive interview letters.
nemessis

gcwaiting2001 said:
Here I am giving my details:
Priority Date: 24th Oct 2001
I-140 Approved on 11 th June 2004
I-485 Receipt Date: 18th Aug 2003 .(for mine and my spouse)
FP Done : 10th Oct 2004 .(for mine and my spouse)
FP received on 4 th Nov 2004 .(for mine and my spouse)
Transfer Date on 2 nd Dec 2004 from Vermont Service Center to PHILADELPHIA, PA.(for mine and my spouse)
2 EADs and 2 AP .(for mine and my spouse)

Please add my details to Spread sheet

namesis,
Did you receive your Transfer notice either from VSC or Philly. My Case was transferred on 2nd Dec 2004 , till now I didn't receive transfer notices from VSC or Philly. Please let me know

Thanks

Not yet ... my applic was transferred on Wed Dec 8th, I think it needs 2 weeks to reach Philly.

gcwaiting2001 said:
namesis,
Did you receive your Transfer notice either from VSC or Philly. My Case was transferred on 2nd Dec 2004 , till now I didn't receive transfer notices from VSC or Philly. Please let me know

Thanks

Interview Received

Hi,
I got my interview notice on Friday. However, my wife didn't receive hers. Her file was transferred later to Philly local office (about 12 months later). Did anyone go through the same experience? Can I take my wife along for the interview since her file is already in Philly?

RD:Sep 2001
ND: Oct 2001
TD to SFO: Jan 2003
TD to Philly: Nov 2003
ID: Jan 2005

Congrats ganap. I updated the tracker. I am in the same situation so far only my application was transferred. I guess your case in either EB1 or NIW since you have a ND from 2001 ...
Thanks,
nemessis

PS: my guess is that you can take your wife ... in the worst situation they won't let her in, in the best she'll have the passport stamped. I think that was the reason for such a delay for your interview, the application wasn't complete because your wife's folder wasn't at Philly. Did you asked them why they didn't transfer your wife as well from the beggining?

ganap said:
Hi,
I got my interview notice on Friday. However, my wife didn't receive hers. Her file was transferred later to Philly local office (about 12 months later). Did anyone go through the same experience? Can I take my wife along for the interview since her file is already in Philly?

RD:Sep 2001
ND: Oct 2001
TD to SFO: Jan 2003
TD to Philly: Nov 2003
ID: Jan 2005

nemessis said:
Several Qs: stripped are you sure your case is at Philly, I mean did you checked with them and they confirmed that? Was it a 245i case? what is the EB category 1,2 3?

1. Yes, it is in Philly. Yes, I did check with them.
2. No, not a 245i

3. 3