Philadelphia Transfer Cases

For me, FP was called after transferring about one month. I also heared that somebody got the FP call right before the interview.

sach_bh said:
Quick question guys....

When do they call in for FP .

RD: 12/03/2002 (INS Detroit Office)
EAD: 02/14/2003(INS Detroit)

10/15/2003 :JobTransfer to Philly area
TD to Philly : 11/15/2003
EAD#2: 02/24/2004(USCIS Philly)
any help is greatly appreciated

sachin
sach_bh

Would you please tell me how you do the EAD application? I feel so depressed because both of mine and my husband's EAD will expire in a few months. I was thinking to renew it from VSC, but now the case was transfered to Philly, so I don;t knwo how to apply EAD any more. It seems should apply from Philly, but what document I should prepare? How long it will take? Can I just walk in to apply some day and do the FP? The problem is that I will move to Illinois in three weeks, so I really want to do it as soon as possible. Thank you for your reply.

Ead

windseeker said:
sach_bh

Would you please tell me how you do the EAD application? I feel so depressed because both of mine and my husband's EAD will expire in a few months. I was thinking to renew it from VSC, but now the case was transfered to Philly, so I don;t knwo how to apply EAD any more. It seems should apply from Philly, but what document I should prepare? How long it will take? Can I just walk in to apply some day and do the FP? The problem is that I will move to Illinois in three weeks, so I really want to do it as soon as possible. Thank you for your reply.

hi Windseeker

I had to go through some of the same pressure and tensions you are going through right now.... as far as my case is concerned... I accepted this new job in Philly suburbs in Oct 2003 and I called as well as wrote to the Detroit Office to transfer the File. Since my EAD was expiring in Feb 2004,so I use to call them everyday to make sure that they have transferred the file... Another very important reason for my calls was that in mid October ,I took my 765 application and the Receipt from the INS Detroit office to the Philly office to apply for my EAD...well to my sheer shock, they said that they cannot accept the application till the file is physically present with them...I immediately started bugging the Detroit office( they normally say it takes about 2-3 weeks to transfer a file but I have read some horror stories)..Finally after constant perseverance my file finally reached Philly in mid Nov... They won’t send you any information. so I use to personally go there every week to find out...(its hard to stand in the queue at 5:30 am in winters)....I had submitted my 765 and the receipt from the Detroit office along with the money order on November 15th...guess what...didn't get any acknowledgement from them...Finally after 90 days went for the interim EAD...which you are suppose to get the very same day but these guys gave me an appointment for Feb 24th to collect my EAD...After that I haven’t heard from them ...God knows how they work...got to pay them a visit pretty soon to check on the status of my 485 . ...and btw my care is family based…. married to USC...

Hope that helped...drop in a few line if you need more clarifications...

The moral of the story is " it will take time but you will get your work done" and yes you have to apply to Philly office for your EAd coz you can only apply at a center where ur file is physically present...make sure that your file is transferred and pay the Philly office a visit ASAP....

All the best...

sachin

sach_bh said:
hi Windseeker

I had to go through some of the same pressure and tensions you are going through right now.... as far as my case is concerned... I accepted this new job in Philly suburbs in Oct 2003 and I called as well as wrote to the Detroit Office to transfer the File. Since my EAD was expiring in Feb 2004,so I use to call them everyday to make sure that they have transferred the file... Another very important reason for my calls was that in mid October ,I took my 765 application and the Receipt from the INS Detroit office to the Philly office to apply for my EAD...well to my sheer shock, they said that they cannot accept the application till the file is physically present with them...I immediately started bugging the Detroit office( they normally say it takes about 2-3 weeks to transfer a file but I have read some horror stories)..Finally after constant perseverance my file finally reached Philly in mid Nov... They won’t send you any information. so I use to personally go there every week to find out...(its hard to stand in the queue at 5:30 am in winters)....I had submitted my 765 and the receipt from the Detroit office along with the money order on November 15th...guess what...didn't get any acknowledgement from them...Finally after 90 days went for the interim EAD...which you are suppose to get the very same day but these guys gave me an appointment for Feb 24th to collect my EAD...After that I haven’t heard from them ...God knows how they work...got to pay them a visit pretty soon to check on the status of my 485 . ...and btw my care is family based…. married to USC...

Hope that helped...drop in a few line if you need more clarifications...

The moral of the story is " it will take time but you will get your work done" and yes you have to apply to Philly office for your EAd coz you can only apply at a center where ur file is physically present...make sure that your file is transferred and pay the Philly office a visit ASAP....

All the best...

sachin

Thank you, sachin. Another question: if you don't require Detroit office to transfer your case, they won't transfer? Because I kind of don't want my case to be transfered to Chicago any more. The reason is that Chicago is much slower than Philly. May I still use the address I used in philly without telling Philly office I move to Illinois? Thank you. Anyone has any experience?

windseeker said:
Thank you, sachin. Another question: if you don't require Detroit office to transfer your case, they won't transfer? Because I kind of don't want my case to be transfered to Chicago any more. The reason is that Chicago is much slower than Philly. May I still use the address I used in philly without telling Philly office I move to Illinois? Thank you. Anyone has any experience?

if you don't require Detroit office to transfer your case, they won't transfer
Yes, They wont transfer untill you tell them.If your case is still in Philly and by some way you can use the same address then I would advice you not to transfer the case...I think this won't be legal though..See i am not an attorney...Legally speaking you have to inform the USCIS of your address change..I think A 11 is the form which is sent to kentucy...Also you need to inform your local district office( if you have a case with them otherwise just send the A11 form).....Now is your philly address a permanent address..like do you own it or live with a relative/spouse /parents etc who own it or rent it... coz you will get all the mails from the USCIS to this address and mind you UPS doesnot transfer USCIS mails...like if u inform Postal service of change of address , u will get all ur other mails but not the USCIS or other fedral mails....

Just wondering why this thread is going down ? Either everybody has lost their hopes in getting their GC or everybody has got their approval.
Any updates from anyone ?
Well, I am going to file my 3rd EAD from PHL tomorrow. So, if anybody would like to give any inputs, I will really appreciate it.

Letter from Philly office

Today I got a letter from Philly office, stating that they just received my case. It took 3 month for transferring! Also according the letter, I have to wait another 15 month for them to schedule an interview!

And worst of all, I can not contact them until Oct. 2005!

My RD: Feb, 2002
TD: May, 2004

Maybe it is the time to contact a senator. Any idea of which one should I call?

philly transfer

Hi,

I also got a mail from Philly ins that it is taking 15 months to process this type of case and do not contact the office before october 2005.

I just don't know what to do. I am planning to take up a new job. Do you think it will be a problem at the time of interview. As i have already changed once. please ginnu and others Reply.

I have also done third fingerprint.

I am freaking out in this situation. Please help .

Thanks

EAD in Philly

Philly district office doesn't process EAD's locally anymore. (http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/philadelphia/aboutus.htm#anchor155614)
I'd say save yourself some time and mail those documents (everything that's listed in the I-765 instructions; even though I suspect that photos may not be necessary these days since you'll end up visiting the local application support center). The papers will have to be issued by the Missouri Service Center anyway. (And it takes MONTHS).

Hello, Stripped,

According to the website,

"Please note: if your application for adjustment of status was filed on or after February 17, 2004, your application for employment authorization will be received by this office and immediately forwarded to the National Benefit Center for processing".

My RD is March 2002 and TD is March 2004, so I can still apply EAD in Philly.

Hello guys,

If I can have an H1B all the time, I don't need to apply EAD anymore? although my EAD will expire in four months. Any advice and suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
More on EAD's

turbo8,

I think we all agree that trying to guess CIS' intents is an excercise in futility. At this point we can only trust one's own experience.. Since your (and mine) applications are collecting dust at the Philadelphia office, EAD extensions must be filed with this office.. However, they do not process them locally and forward all paperwork to Missouri.. That's how mine was processed a few months ago.

Hello, Stripped,

For your EAD case which was transferred to Missouri, how long did it take for the processing?

Thank you for your reply.

nabuco said:
Today I got a letter from Philly office, stating that they just received my case. It took 3 month for transferring! Also according the letter, I have to wait another 15 month for them to schedule an interview!

And worst of all, I can not contact them until Oct. 2005!

My RD: Feb, 2002
TD: May, 2004

Maybe it is the time to contact a senator. Any idea of which one should I call?

My case spent 6 months. VSC transferred in Sept. 2003. Philly said that they got it in March 2004. Really don't know where was my case during the 6 months.

Visited the office last year. The officer was impatient. Wrote a letter to Philly director to complain the service. Didn't get any response. Later, I contacted congressman. They did contacted Philly office. But useless.

Visited the office again this year. Encountered the same officer, bad as usual. Recently, I sent a letter to Ombudsman to complain. Will contact Senator later.

RD: March 2002
ND: Apr. 2002
TD: Sept. 2003
Philly ND: March 2004
1st FP: June 2002
2nd FP: May 2004
AD: ??

philly transfer

Hi All,

Please reply my questions. Is philly office going backward. last time it was may 15 2003, Now updated after 1 month says december 02 2002.

I just can't believe. How isthis possible. Please also reply to my questions posted earlier.

Thanks,

Hello, guys,

I am totally astonished by the information posted in the Philly local office today. Last three months they only processed one month cases. This time they made a backward "progress".

Hopefully, that is December 2003, not December 2002. What are they doing? Starting to pick up old files?

Guys, what can we really do?

They may just find out they "missed" a bunch of old files!

After so many surprises by BCIS, I don't feel surprise at all that Philly regressed their processing time. Maybe they don't have a correct prediction of what they are doing.

I am still wondering whether Turkish Engineer has received interivew notice yet. As far as I know, his case was transfered in November of 2002 and he hasn't received an interview notice at least until June 28, 2004.

Any update for interview?

Any people received EAD for more than 12 months?

May be it is not all that bad. May be they have just noticed the existence of other cases still dating back to 2002, such as mine. No interview letter yet for me though.

phili federal

What is hapenning with this phildelphia federal does any body know about this last year it came to july and and started going bacKward and again this year they came up to july and again they went back to june ,does anybody know what is happening ?They are doing back and forth for last one year and doing nothing .
SANJAY