Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Case Transferred to Philly District Office

Found out recently that my case got transferred to Philly District office. My info is as follows

EB2

RD: June 7, 2002
TD: Nov 18, 2003

Philly Processing Time by Jan 15 2003

Found out from INS website that

By January 15, 2004, Philly District Office is processing I-485 case with receipt notice date as of Dec 3, 2002.

By December 15, 2003, Philly District Office is processing I-485 case with receipt notice date as of Oct 5, 2002.

Looks like Philly INS processed 2 month applications in the past month.

How long does it take to get another figure print

I took my figure print on Aug 2002. My case was transferred to Philly in November 2003.

Since my figure print was already expired, I wonder appriximately how long I will be able to receive another figure print notice after the transfer date?

for monkey2003

When did you receive the notice from Philadelphia that they received your case after transfer?

Philly Interview Excel Spreadsheet

I just updated Turkey Engineer's Excel Spreadsheet for Philly Interview.

People in Red are approved.

People in Yellow might be those who have been approved but forgot to update their information.

People after Turkey Engineer are still waiting.

Re: for monkey2003

Originally posted by lowell
When did you receive the notice from Philadelphia that they received your case after transfer?

I found out from BCIS Case Status website. I never got any notice.

Although my case was transferred to Philly local office a long time ago (03/11/03) and I got a transfer notice from Vermont stating that date, I just received a Receipt Notice from Philadelphia stating 01/08/04 as their receipt date. So you never know what they are doing with your application.

Do you have trouble to renew your EAD at Philly?

Thanks for monkey2003's reply.

for MGM,

Since you just received the transfer receipt notice from Philly after ten months of transfer, have you ever renewed your EAD with Philly office?
Did you have trouble to renew it? Thanks.

My case was transferred to Philly one month ago. I want to renew my EAD. I don't live close to any local support center, so E-filing EAD is not my option. Does any body have experience to renew EAD by mail to Philly office?

I had a bad experience and got FP3 notices

Lowell,

I had the experience with Philly local Office to renew my 3'rd EAD.It was the worst experience anyone can expect.

I had sent my EAD renewal application through mail in September .I also took a postal confirmation for delivery of the application.I waited till the end of November to see if they will even touch my case and send me a receipt.When my EAD expiry date fell to within 20 days i went personally to the Callowhill office to find out the status.

The IIO told me point blank that she cannot locate my application anywhere and unless the checks are encashed they cannot say whether the application has been received or not!!.

So iasked her what are my options.She told me that the only way left to is apply in person within the next 20 days before my current EAD expires or else it will be illegal to work beyond that.

When i showed her the USPS receipt and the confirmation she said all that she can say is the receipts belong to USPS and she cannot say whether BCIS received it or not !!!

So i took another day off and went to Callowhill street office and applied in person.Within 25 days i got a call to collect my EAD from the Callowhill office .Till date no one knows where my orignal application which i had mailed to the Philadelphia INS office went.I eventually cancelled the checks i had made out to the BCIS.

This has been my experience ..Even if it is means you have to take a day off it is better to go in person to do it.This way you will not have the tension and have the receipt in hand for any proof.

Friends we are dealing with one of the most lethargic,idiotic,baseless organization ever.

I got a notice for 3'rd fingerprinting a week back which i duely finished .When i asked the manager there what is the reason for being fingerprinted twice in less than 10 months she told me that since my prints will expire by May it has been requested by the service center!!!

Looks like somehow the BCIS thinks humans grow new fingers every year !!! No wonder ,I am not surprised how Mr.Atta got his VISA to stay back here from the BCIS after he had crashed the towers in NYC !!

We'll get there one day..inspite of all this Nonsense ..

Cheers
ciao
gcsep10

Thank you for sharing your experience

I was so shocked to hear about your bad experience. No wonder I read the web site of Philly office about renewal of EAD that it seems they did not mention they accept renewal EAD by mail. They are simply incapable to track all the applications by mail. How bad service they are!

Thank you very much for your suggestions. It seems we have to worry every step in this gruelling process.

hey lowell,

Philly office does accept applications via mail.I got the mailing address and "attention to mark" from the number they have on the web site .The lady who spoke to me put me on the line and confirmed from her manager that i can apply and gave me a list of documents and fees and all.

But after the experience i had with the Philly office i decided anything i have to do with BCIS local centers it is better to do it in person.

Atleast we will get a 1-1 information,receipts right away for any applications and above all the peace of mind that the processing has indeed been initiated.

Whether it gets completed or not -it's sheer luck.Atleast i do not have to worry for another 6 months before i have to apply for my 4'th EAD..May be i will be breaking some records on the way!!!

Ciao..

gcsep10

Got notice for interview for spouse..

Hello Friends,

We got an interview notice from the BCIS philly office only for my spouse.

I am the primary for case and i do have a daughter who is 6 years..

Another instance of the mental status of these people who are processing our interview cases..

This will mean i have to go 3 times to the BCIS office for each of us!!!

Also on the side is it better to have an attorney with us for the interview?

All that they asked to bring along is the Affidavit of support and approval copies of I-140.

My attorney is from NY and has told me that he cannot come in person to Philly BCIS!!

Any suggestions?

Ciao friends..

gcsep10

gcspe10, that is very good news!

That is very good news! You have waited more than anyone since the original I-485 filing.

in libai's case, his wife (dependent) did not receive the interview letter. When they both showed up, they both got interviewed the same time. So I think if you just go there as if you all got interview notices with necessary papers etc. there is a good chance that interviewer can bring all your files together and adjudicate the cases for the whole family. Good luck!

PS Have you/your lawyer ever recieved a transfer confirmation letter from Philadelphia (not Vermont) prior to the interview letter? Also was it you or your lawyer who received the interview letter?

Hey Turkish Engineer,

We got the transfer notice from Vermont.

There was no other notice from either the Philly BCIS office or the Vermont regional center.

This interview notice came to us directly from the BCIS Philly.

I am planning to call up the Philly BCIS customer service to see if they can do something about it.If they don't then anyway i will be going for the interview as suggested by you and take it on from there.

thanks
gcsep10

Good luck to gcsep10

At least there is good progress in your case. When the interview is scheduled?

Make sure you bring all the originals and copies of your documents.

Good luck

URGENT!!!Only Spouse got theinterview notice..Primary for the case did not get it..

thanks Lowell,

but there is a problem here..

I am the primary beneficiary of the case.But only my spouse got the Interview notice.

Another problem is that our child's interview notice which should have been scheduled with my spouse ,but we did not get an interview notice for her.

What to do now?

Any one who has encountered the same situation

gcsep10

Applied the 3rd EAD and AP to Philadelphia office by mail. Today I received a receipt of EAD. The paper is smaller than the receipt printed by gas station. The envelope was written by hand.

Anyway, I was reliefed after I got the receipt. Because after I mailed the package, I read the annoying story about the lost applications to Philadelphia by mail.

Hey yellocard,
Hang on to your receipt. That is the only receipt you get from the philly local office. If things do not work out in time, that is what you will have to use to get an interim EAD.
I finally got my 3rd EAD from them, 7 days after my old one expired. They sent me an appointment notice and I had to go to the local office and sit there for about 4 hours before my name was called and I was fingerprinted (only the index finger), photographed and was given the EAD. The guy who was dealing with the whole thing was a very funny and nice guy though. However, he had no clue regarding what was happening with my I-485 application. On the same day I also went to the support center and gave them my FP for the second time (this was in response to the 2nd FP notice I got earlier). So I am good to go for one more year now. Hopefully a decision regarding my case will be reached by the end of it. If not, I shall apply for my 4th EAD by Oct 04.
Persons who want to know about filing the EAD application with the local office, you can do it both my mail or in person. In my case I filled out the application and gave it to my lawyer since he did not charge me anything for filing my EAD. One of his paralegals filed it in person and sent the receipt to me. However, if I had to do it myself, I would have filed it in person and got the receipt from them right away. I personally think, mailing your application to the Philly local office is a bad idea. Things do not go smoothly over there and you should not be taking any unnecessary risks.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 FP

My case transferred in Oct 03 to Phily office. I did my 2fp in Jan 04. What is this means. Did Phily office started processing my file.

Interim EAD

I was to the at Phila office. My 2nd EAD expired, and 90 days passed from receipt day. After waiting several hours, they said that the policy is changed, and they even don't know the new one. They asked me to come after March 1st and promised to give me a plasic card the same day.
Conslusion: apply for EAD renewal 5-7 months before the expiration date.

Vlad
RD - 1/10/2002
1FP - 5/04/2002
TD - 6/02/2003