Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Talked to my attorney yesterday. He told me my case may be approved in 1.5 year.
My case is 4/2003 one. So....

:mad: We are dead meat :mad:

Godeyes: He is plain speculating and is being conservative since he does not want you to constantly ping him. Thats all. I guess we shall all have to wait and watch when the steady flow of approvals from both BECs start coming in. I am a month behind you think we might get the approval before the year ends. Obviously no surity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will congress pass a bill providing for EB-3 relief?

EB-3 Relief: By unanimous consent, the Senate also passed a measure sponsored by Senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchison (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB -3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations.

Both the H-2B relief bill and the EB-3 relief provisions will now be included in the Senate version of the supplemental appropriations bill. However, since neither of these measures was included in the House-passed supplemental, they will be discussed when House and Senate conferees meet to resolve differences between the two bills. In both cases, AILA will urge the House to recede to the Senate on both the H-2B bill and EB-3 relief.

Source: http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,911,6717,9243

:confused:

Godeyes said:
Talked to my attorney yesterday. He told me my case may be approved in 1.5 year.
My case is 4/2003 one. So....

:mad: We are dead meat :mad:

He is too optimistic. The cases filed on/before 4/30/2001 consist of 60% of the backlog. Assuming that BPC can clear the backlog in 2.5 years, a easy math will tell you that they need 1.5 year to clear cases before 4/30/2001.

pixpax said:
He is too optimistic. The cases filed on/before 4/30/2001 consist of 60% of the backlog. Assuming that BPC can clear the backlog in 2.5 years, a easy math will tell you that they need 1.5 year to clear cases before 4/30/2001.

Not True. Not that many Oct-2001 cases still pending at BEC.. Its more like 20% of total backlog not 60%...(Most of the states ware done with 2001 cases)

I sent an email to Info@PHI.DFLC.US asking for the status of my case. And following is what I have received:

"At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. At this time please contact your employer or attorney."

Same old story :mad:

Ciril99
PD: Jan-03-2002
Philly RD: Jan-04-2004.

gp111 said:
Not True. Not that many Oct-2001 cases still pending at BEC.. Its more like 20% of total backlog not 60%...(Most of the states ware done with 2001 cases)

Really hope this is true - only 20% of total backlog were filed before that date. But my lawyer said last month that he expect the LCA filed in middle of 2001 will be approved at around end of next year.

The article I read was published last Dec maybe. It said that DOL estimated the backlog cases are aroun 240k (Oct 2004 number), and around 60% are those 245(i) (?) cases. I am trying to find the link.

Really hope I am wrong but I don't believe so...

pixpax said:
Really hope this is true - only 20% of total backlog were filed before that date. But my lawyer said last month that he expect the LCA filed in middle of 2001 will be approved at around end of next year.

The article I read was published last Dec maybe. It said that DOL estimated the backlog cases are aroun 240k (Oct 2004 number), and around 60% are those 245(i) (?) cases. I am trying to find the link.

Really hope I am wrong but I don't believe so...

You can check at flcdatacenter... MS Access Files which has all the cases Received at Regional Offices before Sept-04.. Out of total 90K pending cases at Regional about 20K ware filed in April 2001.

Also.. Following states ware processing end of april-2001 PD cases (non RIR) before shipping to BEC..

CT, RI, NJ, NY, MD, AL, GA, IN, IL, IW, MI, MS, WI, LA, AR,CA, TX & WA

If 60% of total 300K backlog cases are remaining April-01 cases, that makes these 17 States contributing 180K .. California had about 13K pending, But do you think other states (other then NY,NJ & TX) will has similar big number ??

I am not challanging your Lawyer OR DOL statement.. I am trying to collect the accurate info from all available sources.

gp111 said:
You can check at flcdatacenter... MS Access Files which has all the cases Received at Regional Offices before Sept-04.. Out of total 90K pending cases at Regional about 20K ware filed in April 2001.

Also.. Following states ware processing end of april-2001 PD cases (non RIR) before shipping to BEC..

CT, RI, NJ, NY, MD, AL, GA, IN, IL, IW, MI, MS, WI, LA, AR,CA, TX & WA

If 60% of total 300K backlog cases are remaining April-01 cases, that makes these 17 States contributing 180K .. California had about 13K pending, But do you think other states (other then NY,NJ & TX) will has similar big number ??

I am not challanging your Lawyer OR DOL statement.. I am trying to collect the accurate info from all available sources.

I believe most of the applications are from CA + TX + NY + MI + IL + GA + MD + NJ + FL. I do think other states has similar big numbers. I am in RI. Rumor says the filings on that single day equals 4 to 5 years normal filings (in a normal year I think the total number should be around 1000 ). Man, RI is tiny state.

But MD has already moved on for applications prior to Apr. 2001.

Can someone confirm that they're actually processing by FIFO regardless whether it's SWA or regional case?

pixpax said:
I believe most of the applications are from CA + TX + NY + MI + IL + GA + MD + NJ + FL. I do think other states has similar big numbers. I am in RI. Rumor says the filings on that single day equals 4 to 5 years normal filings (in a normal year I think the total number should be around 1000 ). Man, RI is tiny state.

Help Request

I have a general question:

I have the opportunity to apply for PERM from another company and then join it later once it gets approved. Now I need a attorney, I have two choices one is
1. Murthy
2. David Rothwell
3. Rajiv Khanna

Since my location is Washington DC so I will really appreciate if anybody who has dealt with these attornies can help me out with their comments.

Thanks in advance

ciril99 said:
I sent an email to Info@PHI.DFLC.US asking for the status of my case. And following is what I have received:

"At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. At this time please contact your employer or attorney."

Same old story :mad:

Ciril99
PD: Jan-03-2002
Philly RD: Jan-04-2004.
I got the same result. Though I am past 90 days now. My lawyer replied to 45 days letter on Jan 07,2005.

Hi guys,
I have few things to clarify. Do anyone knows the answers to these:

1. Approximate backloged labour applications DOL says is 300,000. I assume that it could be around 350,000 by now(all Regular or RIR applications until March 28th 2005). My questions is: Is all these applications either EB2 or EB3 Skilled category? Or does this contain EB3-non skilled (less that 2 years exp or with our Bachelors degree) as well?

2. Out of these 350,000 how many would be EB2 and How many EB3 Skilled? Is there a place to view this details? And is there place to view the country of the applicant? My aim is to find an approximate number of EB2/EB3(Skilled) application filed for Indians/Chinese/Philippines as these are the countries affected by the retrogression.

3. I noticed from different sources that the I485/I140 processing is very fast now a days compared to the previous years. I would like reach a conclusion whether PERM processing in EB2 or even EB3 will be faster FOR Indians/Chines/Phil? If we get a real math on how many EB2/EB3(skilled) cases pending, we could easily reach a conclusion.

4. I also heard about the bill which mostly ma pass regarding the unused EB3 visa numbers of 2001-2004 which basically would help scheduleA applications for 50% of quota but the good thing is that the rest 50% will help other EB3 Skilled candidates.

5. Also, do any bodu know how many EB2 and EB3 applications filed (I140) each year for each country? There should be some place to view this information ...right?

Try with Raj Bhagat @ 202-293-4044. He is also good.

arrow007 said:
I have a general question:

I have the opportunity to apply for PERM from another company and then join it later once it gets approved. Now I need a attorney, I have two choices one is
1. Murthy
2. David Rothwell
3. Rajiv Khanna

Since my location is Washington DC so I will really appreciate if anybody who has dealt with these attornies can help me out with their comments.

Thanks in advance

Is it possible not to transfer your H1 to company 'B' but still apply for a PERM thorugh B ( ie. you will not have any pay slips from company B)?

gcmail said:
Is it possible not to transfer your H1 to company 'B' but still apply for a PERM thorugh B ( ie. you will not have any pay slips from company B)?

Yes. it is possible. GC is for future employment, hence that should not be a problem, However, I have heard from an attorney and several other people who mentioned that it would be safer to join company 'B' after LC gets approved. Legally, this should not matter, but USCIS is now getting more stricter. You dont want to take chances.
Please take a second opinion from attorney or forum gurus.
Good Luck!

Same story

san27geet said:
I got the same result. Though I am past 90 days now. My lawyer replied to 45 days letter on Jan 07,2005.

Send them an email after 6 months and we will get the same result.

Thanks GCCovet,

My current firm is not filing my GC..so I was thinking of filing it through another firm, who is willing. With PERM in picture, and labor getting approved/denied in 2-3 months, I see no harm in applying through them.

Do you think this makes sense?

Got new case number via email reply

I sent a mail to the status@dal...email address. I got a reply today a month after I sent it with my new case number and no additional info. I have not received my 45 day letter yet. PD is 12/2001 from MD transferred to Philly in Feb of 04.

garp said:
I sent a mail to the status@dal...email address. I got a reply today a month after I sent it with my new case number and no additional info. I have not received my 45 day letter yet. PD is 12/2001 from MD transferred to Philly in Feb of 04.

grap,

Not to worry... my pd is 08/2001, I just received 45 letter (a week back) Looks like there is some moment in the cases filed after april 2001. Remember April 2001 was the a blocking month in MD (every day in April 2001 was expensive with lot of i-240 cases) it appears that philli cleared entering April 2001 cases, we can except things to move faster now on the data entry side.... Bottom line one day soon Philly BEC will start processing applications ......

........................ WE BIRDS STUCK IN THE DOL CAGE
ITS SO LONG NOW ...WE ALMOST FORGOT OUR AGE

...................SPENT COUNT LESS HOURS AND MADE THE WORLD PASS Y2K
...BUT PL DON'T LAUGH MY SALARY SHRUNK THIS YEAR AGAIN, ANOTHER 2K

...... CLINTON SAID BYE BYE
.......... LEFT US WITH 245 I

....... ............ALGORE CLOSED HIS INTERNET
........W MOVED COUNTRY BACK TO INTRANET

...... ...................LOST MY SAVINGS IN THE STOCK MARET CRASH
.....WAITED SO LONG, CAN'T LOOSE THAT TIME ITS NOT JUST CASH

.........STILL IN THE DOL CAGE ... LOOKING FOR FEEDOM
.....DON'T WORRY ... AND SEE IRAQ ALSO GOT FREEDOM