Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

pennwaiting said:
if they start certify cases today, there are even more people crying foul than before.

Well, mine was "opened" and sent to Philly DOL in December and processing time according to doleta.gov is currently Oct 2004 (Pittsburgh). So if they were to process cases, I'd be looking to get my LC soon, instead I'm supposed to wait years for that letter? This is just stupid. Why create a new backlog where wasn't one? Esp. since other regional offices process similar cases?

nshalady said:
Once you file for Adjustment of status (I485) for your spouse alongwith your AOS application, there is no need for H4. When I485 is pending, whether you apply for EAD or not, you can legally stay in this country.

Thanks for explaining nshalady!

philalc said:
Well, mine was "opened" and sent to Philly DOL in December and processing time according to doleta.gov is currently Oct 2004 (Pittsburgh). So if they were to process cases, I'd be looking to get my LC soon, instead I'm supposed to wait years for that letter? This is just stupid. Why create a new backlog where wasn't one? Esp. since other regional offices process similar cases?
Sir, you probably do not understand the process. There are thousands of cases ahead of you even from former Philly Regional? Their cases were opened long long time ago. And they have been tired of looking to get their LCs. One thing you are right is this is just stupid.

7th Year Extn.

Guys,

My 6 years H1B & visa is expiring in July 2005. I filed for My labor in Philli pending for more than a year. I'm planning to make a visit to India in Feb and returning in March 2005. As my visa is expiring in July, Is it going to be a problem at Port of Entry. Can officers at Port of Entry n refuse entry in to US as I'll be left with 4months valid H1B visa ? Should I file for 7th Year Extension before leaving for India and take the aproval notice along with me or shold I wait till I return from India. Please Advise.

Also, If I file for 7th Year Extension now, what would be my start date... will it be January (date applied) or July (Date requested).

Thanks
-VB

RE: 7th Year Extention

One of my colleagues, had similar situation. Before leaving to India, he applied for extention and he visited India. As per him, the officer at port of entry asked only one question, stating that Do you know, your visa will be expired within 4 months? He replied that, he already applied for extention.

Hope this will help.

SRK

dvvb said:
Guys,

My 6 years H1B & visa is expiring in July 2005. I filed for My labor in Philli pending for more than a year. I'm planning to make a visit to India in Feb and returning in March 2005. As my visa is expiring in July, Is it going to be a problem at Port of Entry. Can officers at Port of Entry n refuse entry in to US as I'll be left with 4months valid H1B visa ? Should I file for 7th Year Extension before leaving for India and take the aproval notice along with me or shold I wait till I return from India. Please Advise.

Also, If I file for 7th Year Extension now, what would be my start date... will it be January (date applied) or July (Date requested).

Thanks
-VB

VB,

I was on the same boat. My 6 years was expiring on Jun 2004. I left to India on April 2004 and came back to US on 2 week of May 2004. My paralegal had all the paperwork ready before my departure as soon as I came back I mailed her copy of my new I-94 in order for them to file my 7th year extension.

Before my India trip, I took 'Employment Verification Letter' from my employer. In that letter, I told them to emphasize that my LC is pending with Federal DOL from <Date> and on my return to US from India they will be filing my 7th year extension. Hope this helps.

Thanks

AwardMyGC

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the BEC letter

Just found from my lawyer's office that they have received a letter from BEC asking whether my company wants to proceed with my case. I don't have the date of receipt yet...will post it when I find out.
Please add my details to the tracker.
Maryland SESA received date: 03/29/2002
NOF Received Aug,2004
NOF Replied: Sep 2004
Moved to Phily DOL: ?
BEC Letter Status: Received

yours_sincerely said:
Just found from my lawyer's office that they have received a letter from BEC asking whether my company wants to proceed with my case. I don't have the date of receipt yet...will post it when I find out.
Please add my details to the tracker.
Maryland SESA received date: 03/29/2002
NOF Received Aug,2004
NOF Replied: Sep 2004
Moved to Phily DOL: ?
BEC Letter Status: Received

good to hear that. but when did ur lawyer got the letter? and what was the date in which the letter was sent?

regards,

desi_boy_usa said:
Guys,

What happend to those cases from DE where the employers had fake offices and the same was questioned by DOL?
Did any one who got the NOF in this situation got the recent mesterious love letters as well?

My company which had fake office in 2002, setup a big time real office in 2003 in DE, so that's why i am curious.

Thanks
Any one has something to say about the message above?

Updated Philly BEC Tracker Spreadsheet...

Added 'yours_sincerely' & 'dukkiNK' case details in the BEC tracker spreadsheet...

Thanks

AwardMyGC

No clues on BEC letter

I guess none of us knows yet why some folks have received this letter and others haven't.

There seems to be no let up in sh** happening at the DOL.

Some news

I asked the Phil DOL again, points:

1/. They've stopped printing letters for one week already.
2/. They will resume printing and sending out letters tomorrow. So next week we may start to see some people start to receive those so-called LOVE letters.
3/. Not all the computers have PRINT function, so currently only those computers which CAN print letters will print out letters to send out.
4/. They are trying to fix the problem, though. :(
5/. A new case number will be assigned to every application. The old case number is not usefull any more.
6/. They say it could take up to two months to send out all the 13,000 cases in the system. Be patient!!! :mad:

tomshu said:

2/. They will resume printing and sending out letters tomorrow. So next week we may start to see some people start to receive those so-called LOVE letters.
3/. Not all the computers have PRINT function, so currently only those computers which CAN print letters will print out letters to send out.
5/. A new case number will be assigned to every application. The old case number is not usefull any more.
6/. They say it could take up to two months to send out all the 13,000 cases in the system. Be patient!!! :mad:

Tomshu,

Your message subject 'some news' should be 'great news'.

Thanks and I really appreciate all your help.

AwardMyGC

tomshu said:

Thanks a lot tomshu for the update!

Wondering about the 13,000 cases you mention as being in the system. Any idea for which PDs and RDs those are? Are they cases already cleared from states or cases un-opened? Any idea????

Ok, so they are not printing...but are they at least entering the remaining cases in the system?

Maybe we should offer to buy them printers and pay for the mailing stamps :confused:...how the heck can it take 2 months to simply print and send out letters for that small number of cases!?! If they can't accomplish something that simple, we are all doomed :eek: :( It will probably take the whole year then just to send out letters for all outstanding cases :mad: :mad:

Someone for another thread posted this... just copy/pasted this info..

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: 45 - 60 Day Processing Time for PERM Does not Apply to Conversion Cases

Another disappointing news for the conversion case is the processing times for such cases. DOL confirms that the processing time for conversion cases will be much longer than non-conversion PERM applications. DOL did not disclose the anticipated specific processing times for the conversion cases. It just stated that the processing times will be shorter than the current backlog cases waiting times, meaning it can be within two years or so. Uh?!

01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: No Parallel Applications Permitted Without Losing Priority Date

When people refile a PERM application without dislosing the pending application, the National Processing Centers will access the database at the BPCs to see whether any cases are pending for the employer and the employee. Accordingly, parallel filing of PERM application and non-PERM application will be blocked by the DOL. Such policy will enhance the risk of conversion and a fewer employers may attempt conversion fiing.

01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: Status of Backlog Reduction Work and Anticipated Processing Times

The Backlog Processing Centers (BPC) must complete several stages of activities before they can adjudicate any cases. The first step is to receive the backlog cases from the former Regions and SWAs in 50 states. The second step is to perform data entry and development of national database system for establishment of national "queue" for Traditional Cases and RIR pursuant to the policy of processing of First In First Out (FIFO) order. Once the development of national database system is completed, they will be ready to adjudicate the backlog applications. At this time, the BPCs are at the stage of receiving shipments from the states and the Regions. As soon as they receive the shipments, the contractors start making data entry to the national database.
The shipments are undertaken per the DOL Transitional Guidelines (TG). Those cases which were received before 01/01/2002 were scheduled to be shipped to the BPC by 12/31/2004 and remaining cases are scheduled to be shipped to the BPC by March 31, 2005. The shipments include only "unopened" cases. For the opened cases, the DOL has sent out instructions to the SWAs to complete the entire opened backlog cases by 03/31/2005.
The first shipment was made from San Francisco Region. Total 20,000 oldest cases. 10,000 cases were shipped to the Dallas BPC and 10,000 cases were shipped to the Philadelphia BPC. These cases have been data-entried and part of the inquiry letters have been sent out to the employers and their attorneys. The BPCs have also received 24,000 cases from 17 states as of the end of the year, and expects to receive altogether 100,000 within January 2005.
As for the backlog cases in the Regional Offices, total is tallied at 55,000 nationwide. These cases need to establish the national queue for FIFO processing.
The backlog reduction cases are handled by the two BPCs and the two satellite centers in San Francisco Regional Office and the Boston-New York Regional Office. These two Regional Offices cannot actively perform the backlog reduction work because they are not hooked upto the national database system. They are scheduled to be hooked upto the national database system along the way. These satellite centers will participate in the backlog reduction work for one year and will be phased out.
The timing of actual adjudication of cases will depend on two factors: One is the volume of conversion cases after the launch of PERM program on 03/28/2005. The larger the conversions are in number, the smaller the total numbers for the BPC will end up. The second factor is the timing of completion of shipment and data entry. DOL anticipates that it is not going to be for a while that the BPCs actually adjudicate and decide any cases. The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005. People should keep patience.

Hello Tomshu

tomshu said:

Hello Tomshu,
Thanks for the update.
Do you know how and when are they going to begin to certified the cases ???. :confused: :confused: and if they are going to respect the PD (mine Abr2001) if not can you ask them next time you talk to Phili...
Regards

NON RIR, Washington DC
State Receipt Date: 04/30/2001
NOF: 08/10/2003...NOF response: 08/16/2003
Philly DOL Receipt Date: Dic 2004

Last edited by a moderator: