Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

mvinays said:
"forgotten" or "not-forgotten" depends on how well they are entering and updating the data in their system.

They had a few glitches in their system while they printed the first set of 45 day letters. Don't know yet whether they have had these software problems fixed.

AS of last friday N000000000000000000000000000000000................
They still talking about computer gliches.......... :mad:

mamamiax said:
AS of last friday N000000000000000000000000000000000................
They still talking about computer gliches.......... :mad:

I think Philly BPC contractor need training from Dallas BPC. Dallas has sent good number of love letters.

Anand_Mishra said:
I think Philly BPC contractor need training from Dallas BPC. Dallas has sent good number of love letters.

If that happens Dalls BEC would stop sending letters too.

GC_Lover said:
If that happens Dalls BEC would stop sending letters too.

thanks for making me laugh gc_lover...that was funny. and hmm...can probably be true :) :)

it's so depressing and frustrating to see so many cases approved from the NY regional dol tracker. not that i am not happy for them.

rincytom said:
Hi Bidu,
comments below:

1. Is this the receipt for Labor Certification or something else?
--Thats the receipt.

2. If this is Labor certification receipt, under what category was my Labor condition application was filed. EB3/EB2 , RIR/NonRIR. Why receipt doesn't clarify same. I remember my attorney was asked by employer to file it as RIR, and EB3.
--You have to check with the ETA form submitted, the column 13-14-15 says about the qualification and experience requirements(For EB2, these should specifiy Bachelors + 5 years exp or Masters + 1yesr exp).

3. What is my priority date. Is it March 7, 2004? if not what is priority date?
--Yes.

4. What will be worst and worse guesses about when my first stage will get completed in back log reduction center Philadelphia ( I suppose this case will be sent there).
--Based on the information we have so far, it will be sent to BEC and BEC starts from the priority dates of 2000-2001 first(FIFO).

5. If it takes longer regular way, How much time you think If I will get this case converted into PERM.
--If you convert to PERM, DOL says it will be faster than BEC for the converted cases but not sure how much time. The normal PERM cases should be 45 days - 60 days. The converted also could take only same time as the advertisement and the recruitment is to be re-done in PERM case anyway (I dont think there is much difference between a new PERM case and a converted case as all the PERM requirements should be met).

6. After 1st stage and I140( I know this may sound foolish, but), Can we take a permanent job with / or contractual position through another employer during waiting to get my retrogression of priority date..
or I am bound to work with this employer...

--After the I140 is approved, if 6 months are passed after filing I485, you can change the employer for a similar job(The job should be similar to the job description your labor is filed) which has same or above salary which is offered in your labor(I think it just have to be 100% of the prevailing wage for the position offered in your labor) based on AC21.
However, you could do part-time or other works for other employers after you get your EAD.

Are you sure it is MS+1 yr or BS+5? I thought it was a minimum of MS+0 or BS+5 yrs progressive exp... See link below:
EB2 equivalency memo...
http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news215.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
45 day letter

Can someone who has received the 45 day "love letter" please tell me if the letter was sent to the attorney or to the employer?

To Attorney only in my case

Jan2005 said:
Can someone who has received the 45 day "love letter" please tell me if the letter was sent to the attorney or to the employer?

My attorney got the 45 days letter about 10 days ago, it was sent to the attorney only.

Jan2005 said:

Mine was sent to attorney, Since my company changed address twice in last 4 years, letter to employer might have been returned. Fortunately, lawyer's address was same.

BEC Hotline Update

I called this morning nothing new news:

The lady I talk to, said.

1- We are still sending 45 days letters.

2- We will start process immediatly after receiving reply from either from employer or Lawyer

3- We understand LC aspirant suffering for long backlog.

4- I do not know when decission letter start flowing from BEC, but it will be very soon.

5- We are doing our level best to eliminate all backlog.

6- Since it is FIFO based (First In First Out), you will be surprised mixed approval or denied letter with Priority date 2004 first or 2001 first who knows.

7- She replied to my question " Why 2004 first" since 2001 not yet finished?
She said it completely FIFO based those received letter and replied they will be process first.

8- Those have not received letter yet, will received letter sometime, after replying they will be processed.

9- Every day we open a new box full of Labor application, we do not know what year, what region RIR or non-RIR. Sometime we found 2001 some time we found 2004 or 2003 or 2002.

10- Our main intension to procees first all LC application to finish long year Backlog.

I hope this will help everyone here.

orissa said:

2- We will start process immediatly after receiving reply from either from employer or Lawyer

4- I do not know when decission letter start flowing from BEC, but it will be very soon.

6- Since it is FIFO based (First In First Out), you will be surprised mixed approval or denied letter with Priority date 2004 first or 2001 first who knows.

She said it completely FIFO based those received letter and replied they will be process first.

8- Those have not received letter yet, will received letter sometime, after replying they will be processed.

9- Every day we open a new box full of Labor application, we do not know what year, what region RIR or non-RIR. Sometime we found 2001 some time we found 2004 or 2003 or 2002.

10- Our main intension to procees first all LC application to finish long year Backlog.

Thanks a lot Orissa for information.
So it looks like according to BEC FIFO means people who reply to 45-day letter first. :confused:

Got the BEC Letter

My employer told me they got the BEC 45 day letter today. The letter was dated Jan 28. But since my employer changed address, this just got forwarded to them.

The letter was sent to my employer and the lawyer. Since the lawyer's address hasn't changed, he should have gotten it earlier. But last time we checked, he said no letter. He said he anticipate another 20-30 days. How can he anticipate? He probably has been sitting on that letter for days!!!

I'm lucky my employer got the letter somehow and told me so. Otherwise I may be totally screwed up again.

The letter contains a general notification page, and a sheet
asking selection of continuation option. (withdraw or continue), and a correction list. I notice I got a new ETA case number now, P-xxxxx-xxxxx format.

On my correction list there is "failed existence check". (employer not found and phone number not matching, because my employer has been acquired sometime back).

I guess this should not be a big deal. We can just file the correct address and phone? Any thoughts from anyone please?

My case info:
RIR, EB3?
PD. (va sesa) 07/01/2002
Philly Regional RD: 04/12/2004

Has anyone received the 45-day letter whose case went to DOL in Nov'04 or later? Know it sounds strange, but stranger things have happened at DOL. Just curious.

orissa said:

10 Our main intension to procees first all LC application to finish long year Backlog.

If DOL's intension is to finish long year backlog, it should follow the PD rule. :mad:

VAhoper,
Does the 45 letter comes from "Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center, One Belmont Avenue Suite 220, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 ? Let me know. Thanks.

To VAhoper

See famous Icarus's reply.
if your letter states they need the proof of company's existence(articles of incorporation.etc...), you should send it back, otherwise they would think your replied letter with incomplete materials (read carefully of page 1 of 45 day letter), maybe bad results would happen.

Icarus said:
The documents that would work are federal or state Tax ID info or articles of incorporation. If the 750 was sent back, the correct address s/b entered on both A and B with the changes dated and initialed by the respective party(750 A-employer or agent; 750B-beneficiary(alien) or agent)

VAhoper said:
I guess this should not be a big deal. We can just file the correct address and phone? NO!!!!!!! Any thoughts from anyone please?

Last edited by a moderator:
BEC Hotline Update

orissa said:

Hi Orissa,
Thank you very much for the update.