Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

WE just got the letter!

Hi!
I was just a silent observer to this forum and I was really dissapointed to hear all other recent applicants got their love letters which was just unfair.
Finally, we got the LETTER. Maybe it could be a good news to other 2001 applicants.

PD date: EB2 RIR MD 2001 Nov.
Moved to DOL: Feb 2004
Letter received: Jan 21, 2005 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Details.

VA PD: May 2002
Philly RD: Jan 13 2004
Category: EB3 RIR

No updates so far. No "love letter" as yet. Anyone in the same time frame got the letters ?

Thanks,

Krik

My Details
SESA - VA PD May 2002
Phily RD - Jan 20th 2004
No letter as yet.

But I am glad that the MD 2001 has shown movement. I really hope this whole BEC stuff moves in a proper order. I would be very disappointed to see processing out of order as it makes it impossible to predict when your times up.

Not a good sign

Letters was out and back to Backlog Production Center a month ago. We haven't see any approvals, which means they are still not doing anything. It looks like they'll wait until 45 days after all letters are sent out. That's a very bad news. It's another massive backlog production activity. I'd rather to see approvals instead of angry at it, even if their PDs are later them mine. Moving forward is better then no movement at all.

kennethxu said:
Letters was out and back to Backlog Production Center a month ago. We haven't see any approvals, which means they are still not doing anything. It looks like they'll wait until 45 days after all letters are sent out. That's a very bad news. It's another massive backlog production activity. I'd rather to see approvals instead of angry at it, even if their PDs are later them mine. Moving forward is better then no movement at all.

I agree with you, I was hoping to see some approvals from 2001 and 2002 cases, I can wait for a while as long as I am convinced that BEC is approving cases and working on rest, but so far it doesnt look good.

Can somebody please add my Chinese friend's LC case details to the tracker spreadsheet? Thanks!!!

Her case details are:
Username: ykuang
EB3-RIR
DOT Code: 005.261-014
Virginia SESA
State Receipt Date: Aug 19, 2003
NOF issued on Nov 12, 2004 (Item 15 on ETA 750 A is "unduly restrictive" for US workers)
NOF deadline Dec 27, 2004
Lawyer replied on Dec 27, 2004 (submitted business necessity letter for Item 15 on ETA 750 A)
Case approved & transferred to Philly BEC/DOL (new address): Jan 5th, 2005
She has not receievd BEC-45 day letter yet

01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

The DOL did not disclose in details a number of issues in the PERM Briefings which the consumers were interested in. It turned out that some of these issues had been discussed with the AILA in telephone conference before the PERM Briefing sessions began. Some of these issues had been answered as follows:

Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:

Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.

Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases: These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.

Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

Opened Cases vs. Unopened Cases: Under the Transition Guideline, unopened cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers and opened cases will be completed by the SWAs. The definition of "opened cases" is the application packages which are at the SWAs in unopened boxes or where no letters have been issued by the SWAs to the applicants. Accordingly, those who received a letter from the state offices may be completed at the state offices rather than being transferred to the Backlog Centers.
Notification of Address Changes of the Applicants or Attorneys: If one knows that his/her case has been transferred to the Backlog Centers, the notification should be addressed to the Backlog Centers. If one does not know, DOL suggests to such notification to both the Backlog Center and the SWA office.

Address of Certifying Officers and SWA in the Notice Posting for Cases to be Filed before 03/28/2005: People should follow the same rules and requirements under the current labor certification regulation. Thus the notice posting should direct the public to file misrepresentation or complaints to the office of Certifying Officer's office and the state labor certification unit. Remember, though, some Regions, addresses have been changed: Chicago and Atlanta offices.

SOURCE:
http://www.immigration-law.com
under breaking news

SHOCKING!!! I AM OUTRAGED AT DOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHOCKING!!!
There are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mvinays said:
01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:

Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.

If all the letters have been issued then what happened to most of us guys whose cases are pending in Reginal namely Philadelphia??? What is going on.....

Help

Guys, I need some help. My LC has been pending (VA - PD Jan 24, 2001, DOL Jul 24, 2004). No BEC letter yet.

Met my lawyer a few days back, and she told me that I can use a previous I-140 (with a different company that I worked for 3 yrs back, which was approved after I left the company) that I had and use it to file I-1485. That company is not in existence any more and I left the company even before my I-140 was approved... It sounds a bit strange to me, that I can use it. :confused:

While I am exited about a possible opportunity, I am concerned about commiting fraud. Can any of you please advise.

Thanks

allaboutgc said:
SHOCKING!!! I AM OUTRAGED AT DOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHOCKING!!!
There are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a serious issue with immigration-law.com . Every few days, they come up with a new headline, which contradicts what they said earlier. Now, of course that can, in theory, mean that the DOL/BEC keep changing their policies.. on the other hand, one cannot help noticing that immigration-law Never provides details of where they got this info from, or are very, very vague. Like I cound not find any such info on AILA's website, though they "quoted" AILA. (Not to mention spelling and grammatical mistakes galore... take 'dead-traps' for example.. one of my favourites)

Sick of it all..... now we are reduced to gleaning information from bloody tabloids... who knows...soon we might be picking up the Weekly World News at the gas station for more info on this stupid process. :(

Have to agree

I agree Pineapple. There seem to be at least three writing styles on that website and the person with the bad grammar and writing style definitely is very emotional and prone to bouts of posturing. I became extremely worried about some of the comments in their report from the Chicago open days and it looks like some of the things they reported are being contradicted now.

I asked people a few months back not to get emotionally charged over single source reports, but it seems that everyone is so frustrated that some of us easily get charged up.

Let's all treat each and every source other than published memos from DOL/BCIS as being just that. Single sources, that need corroboration to take them beyond being just rumors.

Let's all keep loose and hope we see some adjudications coming out of Bryn Mawr real soon. that will be the real sign we are making real progress.

:-D

Pineapple said:
I have a serious issue with immigration-law.com . Every few days, they come up with a new headline, which contradicts what they said earlier. Now, of course that can, in theory, mean that the DOL/BEC keep changing their policies.. on the other hand, one cannot help noticing that immigration-law Never provides details of where they got this info from, or are very, very vague. Like I cound not find any such info on AILA's website, though they "quoted" AILA. (Not to mention spelling and grammatical mistakes galore... take 'dead-traps' for example.. one of my favourites)

Sick of it all..... now we are reduced to gleaning information from bloody tabloids... who knows...soon we might be picking up the Weekly World News at the gas station for more info on this stupid process. :(

where is the letter

Two questions:

1. Will the letter be sent to both employer and lawyer?

2. My employer moved 6 month ago, can anyone tell me how to notify DOL?

HopeForLess's question

Hey HopeforLess,
Usually, a letter is sent to both the employer and the lawyer. Even if your employer moved, your lawyer will get a copy of the letter. There is not need to inform DOL yet. Let your lawyer receive the BEC packet which usually contains a checklist of items that the BEC could not verify. So, if they could not verify your employer's address you will know through the letter and then you can fill the Form 750 (which they usually enclose) to indicate a change of address....otherwise, don't worry about informing them yet.

stueym said:
I agree Pineapple. There seem to be at least three writing styles on that website and the person with the bad grammar and writing style definitely is very emotional and prone to bouts of posturing. I became extremely worried about some of the comments in their report from the Chicago open days and it looks like some of the things they reported are being contradicted now.

I asked people a few months back not to get emotionally charged over single source reports, but it seems that everyone is so frustrated that some of us easily get charged up.

Let's all treat each and every source other than published memos from DOL/BCIS as being just that. Single sources, that need corroboration to take them beyond being just rumors.

Let's all keep loose and hope we see some adjudications coming out of Bryn Mawr real soon. that will be the real sign we are making real progress.

:-D
You should not blame or visit immigration-law.com. Rather, you should scream at the person who take the content and post here. For me, I believe their info is probably better than the "kind lady" from BEC/BPC and I have to somehow find something to hold on and prepare for the worst. Bad grammar should not be the reason to trash them.

pineapple, stuenym,

English does not matter. Grammer does not matter...

It is the F*** TRUTH that matters.

You should not have any false hope on DOL now.