Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Waiting on BEC reply, filing 7th year ext, need help!!

Hi All,

I filed my DE state labor 08/2003 which moved to philly federal 09/2004. Now my application is somewhere along with all others at the philly BEC.
Currently I have received approval for 7th year ext, and have a concern which i am sure most of you share.

If i am let go by my company what options would I have.

a. My wife has an H1-B, with four more years, can I go on a H4? and pursue option b. below.
b. If I find an employer with a pre-approved labor, can I apply an H1-b on that basis, and continue to live/work here.

Help is appreciated...

thanks
Prash

Questions about PERM, recommend good lawyer pls

Sorry for the multiple post, but I need to decide this soon,

Hi folks,
not sure if this should be posted on BPC forum or PERM forum.
I have a pending LC, EB2, RIR, PD Jan03 from PA, RD Sept03, currently at BPC. Now I have a chance to refile it under PERM. my questions are:
1.my lawyer told me not to convert, just file a new LC with the same position and same employer. since there are no rules saying that the old LC will be pulled out, so I can go ahead do the new LC and let the old one stay with BPC. is it true? I had a consulation with one lawyer from Rajiv Khanna's office and they confirmed what my lawyer said. but another lawyer recommended by a friend from NYC said otherwise. That is, there IS a risk that my old LC will become invalid.
2. is it worth converting? how likely you think the EB2 retrogression will happen?
3. my lawyer told me it will take 1.5yr to get my old LC approved, the lawyer at Rajiv Khanna's firm said 2-3yr since it is a 2003 case. i know this is a million $$ question, but would anyone of you give your estimate?

Can anyone shed some light? can any one recommend a good lawyer/law firm that i can get a second opinion? i guess its better paying a couple of hundred bucks upfront than throwing the $5000 without knowing anything.

thanks.

New Case Numbers

Hi-

Does anyone know how long after responding to the 45 days letter is the new case number issued? Also, do they notify anyone in particular about the new number? Thanks.

GCDE02

GCDE02 said:
Hi-

Does anyone know how long after responding to the 45 days letter is the new case number issued? Also, do they notify anyone in particular about the new number? Thanks.

GCDE02

New BPC case number is assigned before 45-day letter is mailed out to the attorney / employer. The new case number is mentioned on the 45-day letter.

liaoguoxf said:
Sorry for the multiple post, but I need to decide this soon,

Hi folks,
not sure if this should be posted on BPC forum or PERM forum.
I have a pending LC, EB2, RIR, PD Jan03 from PA, RD Sept03, currently at BPC. Now I have a chance to refile it under PERM. my questions are:
1.my lawyer told me not to convert, just file a new LC with the same position and same employer. since there are no rules saying that the old LC will be pulled out, so I can go ahead do the new LC and let the old one stay with BPC. is it true? I had a consulation with one lawyer from Rajiv Khanna's office and they confirmed what my lawyer said. but another lawyer recommended by a friend from NYC said otherwise. That is, there IS a risk that my old LC will become invalid.
2. is it worth converting? how likely you think the EB2 retrogression will happen?
3. my lawyer told me it will take 1.5yr to get my old LC approved, the lawyer at Rajiv Khanna's firm said 2-3yr since it is a 2003 case. i know this is a million $$ question, but would anyone of you give your estimate?

Can anyone shed some light? can any one recommend a good lawyer/law firm that i can get a second opinion? i guess its better paying a couple of hundred bucks upfront than throwing the $5000 without knowing anything.

thanks.

1) I also heard that filing for PERM (for a same job position) cancels the old LC. The thing I read was about DOL wish to avoid giving some people the oportunity to play with those LC case numbers and priority dates and resell them to people who needs them... I remember i read that somewhere not a long time ago. This was actually what stopped me from filling my PERM application at the time. Waited 5 years... not ready to play around with dangerous stuff.
3) 2-3 years !? DAMN ! You know what ? DOL said 16-24 months to process all cases. Even if everyone around complain that they are not going fast enough, i haven t heard any schedule change from DOL so far. I keep my finger crossed.

Need info and feedback about these ompanies

Hi Guys,

May be this is not a correct forum for these kinda questions. But some of you might still have some info, that's why am asking here.

I am looking for the information and feedback about the following companies from the point of view of joining one of these.
1)Marlabs (www.marlabs.com)
2)Iris Software Inc. (www.irissoftinc.com).

How good or bad are they for a person looking to work as IT consultant/contractor who wants to process his green card.
1) Are these companies financially stable?
2) Good in terms of dealing with employees?
3) Good and fair in there immigration matters? (Timely filings, communication with employees etc)

If you have any info, feedback, inside info please let me know.

Thanks,

I had a question related to H1 7th year extension.My labor is filed with
Phili BEC and have been browsing this forum and hence thought would ask here.
My company wants to apply 7th year extension thro' another Attorney, as the Attorney doing my GC is charging high fees.
Can somebody specifically answer if there is any downside to doing this through another attorney???

Not a Problem

Only thing is that you need to tell whole story to the lawyer and all the papers required have to be sent to her.

Other wise no problem. But I advice to with existing one rather than new one.

http://www.esabha.com

hopeGC2005

hopeGC2005 said:
I had a question related to H1 7th year extension.My labor is filed with
Phili BEC and have been browsing this forum and hence thought would ask here.
My company wants to apply 7th year extension thro' another Attorney, as the Attorney doing my GC is charging high fees.
Can somebody specifically answer if there is any downside to doing this through another attorney???

no problem at all. my GC is with a lawyer i hate with passion! my 7th year extension on h-1 was done by a different lawyer in february 2005, and it was approved in 4 weeks (with no premium fee). so go for it.

New BPC Number

mvinays said:
New BPC case number is assigned before 45-day letter is mailed out to the attorney / employer. The new case number is mentioned on the 45-day letter.

Thanks mvinays. So, the 45 Days letter do they get sent before they've entered data into the system or after? I'm assuming its before. Would be great, if could confirm this. Also, how do you follow up on your labor status after you have your new BPC case number?

Appreciate all your help....thanks again.

cheers
GCDE02

GCDE02 said:
Thanks mvinays. So, the 45 Days letter do they get sent before they've entered data into the system or after? I'm assuming its before. Would be great, if could confirm this. Also, how do you follow up on your labor status after you have your new BPC case number?

Appreciate all your help....thanks again.

cheers
GCDE02

After it isentered into the system.

To check status, you have to wait for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Check status by emailing your case info and new BPC case number to:

status@phi.dflc.us
OR
status@dal.dflc.us

7th Year Extn.

I'm working for Company A and labor was filed in May 2003 and pending in BEC. Applied for 7th Year Extn. and approved and valid upto July 2006. I was thinking of taking another Job at Company B.

Can I get further H1B extns.(8th Year, 9th Year etc.) based on Labor Petition filed by Company A assuming petition has not been withdrawn ?

Thanks

Can I shift jobs?

Dear Gurus,

I have a situation. I work for a large IC design firm where I applied for LC in EB3 while I was an Application Engineer in the month of October of 2002. Now, I have a fine oppurtunity as RND engineer, but with a different job description and responsibilities. Can I still maintain my previous LC, which hopefully will be approved in near future. If not, is there anything I can do so that my LC is maintained. My HR is kinda reluctant to modify the new job description so that GC process remains undisturbed.

Please advice.
Thanks.

Yes.
dvvb said:
I'm working for Company A and labor was filed in May 2003 and pending in BEC. Applied for 7th Year Extn. and approved and valid upto July 2006. I was thinking of taking another Job at Company B.

Can I get further H1B extns.(8th Year, 9th Year etc.) based on Labor Petition filed by Company A assuming petition has not been withdrawn ?

Thanks

Approved

PD 24 April 2001
Approved 23 May 2005
60 days after responded to the 45 days letter
Non-RIR in Maryland
Don't give up
You are next :)

Congrats Mugur!!

Hope(We all) to follow ya soon.......

PS: Take a day off and Njoy dude !!

mugur said: