Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
akela said:
Tomshu,
My heart says to believe you but my mind says otherwise. What is funny is that none of the lawyers seam to know what is going on. Some even do not know about the reducting center and if Aug20 is some important date.

In lack of all these sources I want to believe you but then why would you know so much and not others (I know you were lucky, you got a direct number to someone inside and it's right on your part in not revealing that number). I hope that you are right and would let us know more.

Thanks,

Akeyla,

Agreed we're all somewhat thakela from the nonsense we've had to bear at DOL, but in this case I'd have to say, check the lawyers you're dealing with.
Most websites I've been to have some mention of the Aug 20 deadline and the Backlog Reduction Centers.
Go to:
www.murthy.com
www.immigration-law.com

-spidey

Any response on 215-861-5286?

Dear All,

I'm getting no response on 215-861-5286 - been trying all day today. I either get an engaged tone or the phone just keeps ringing. Anyone have a similar experience? I hope this has something to do with the Aug 20 deadline. But, like many other things, this might be just another futile hope.

ojp2

ojp2 said:
Dear All,

I'm getting no response on 215-861-5286 - been trying all day today. I either get an engaged tone or the phone just keeps ringing. Anyone have a similar experience? I hope this has something to do with the Aug 20 deadline. But, like many other things, this might be just another futile hope.

ojp2
I have the same issue. I have been calling late at night (11pm-midnight) and have not gotten though for over a week. Same issue of engaged or ring out.

Anyone has been getting thru?

stueym said:
I have the same issue. I have been calling late at night (11pm-midnight) and have not gotten though for over a week. Same issue of engaged or ring out.

Anyone has been getting thru?

I've had same experience today, but I did get through last week. Must have been late last week. Of course, nothing had changed with the status.
I figured I wouldn't try until first or second week in Sept what with BRC's just coming on and all.

spidey,am not sure if ur case is in chicago or philly, but in the chicago forum we are signing up for a petition to sent to the senators or the persons concerned...do look into the thread and its discussions and either sign up or ask anyone u know whose case is in chicago DOL to sign up for it..

DOL Philly procesing

I have a friend who had got his labours approved in 4 months time from philly DOL(Both SESA and Regional). Not only his , couple of his collegues also got their labours cleared in about 4 to 5 months time. They have all filed from middle of 2003 to late 2003. I am not sure how that was possible if Philly DOL's PD is June2003.

At the same time a collegue of mine filed for labour at around the same time he did not get yet.

I am in this country for long enough to wonder.

Thanks
Forumuser

forumuser said:
I have a friend who had got his labours approved in 4 months time from philly DOL(Both SESA and Regional). Not only his , couple of his collegues also got their labours cleared in about 4 to 5 months time. They have all filed from middle of 2003 to late 2003. I am not sure how that was possible if Philly DOL's PD is June2003.

At the same time a collegue of mine filed for labour at around the same time he did not get yet.

I am in this country for long enough to wonder.

Thanks
Forumuser
YOU are absolutely right. One of good friend's office and my office both within 10 miles of each other and 20 miles from philly. My SESA filed in 12/02 and regional filed in 08/03. His SESA filed in 10/03 and regional filed 10/20/03 and cleared by 01/04 and he got his EAD in 08/04. Imagine whole labor process plus getting EAD in 10 months and I am still waiting for my regioanl to be cleared. It is not that I don't have any bad wishes rather it is his process at least gives me more faith that someday mine will get cleared too and may be my I-140 thru rest of GC done in 3 months time :):). Anyways that is what people say LUCK always matters even with no hard work and that is what INS is all about. ALL LUCK.

san27geet said:
YOU are absolutely right. One of good friend's office and my office both within 10 miles of each other and 20 miles from philly. My SESA filed in 12/02 and regional filed in 08/03. His SESA filed in 10/03 and regional filed 10/20/03 and cleared by 01/04 and he got his EAD in 08/04. Imagine whole labor process plus getting EAD in 10 months and I am still waiting for my regioanl to be cleared. It is not that I don't have any bad wishes rather it is his process at least gives me more faith that someday mine will get cleared too and may be my I-140 thru rest of GC done in 3 months time :):). Anyways that is what people say LUCK always matters even with no hard work and that is what INS is all about. ALL LUCK.

I have 2 friends with exactly similar response rates. And I have been waiting since - well forever, it seems now that it's been since this land was inhabited by the native Indians. :eek:

But I believe those cases were the lucky ones who got picked up for the pilot for the backlog reduction centers. The time frame seems to match up. The pilot was executed around mid-late 03 at the Philly DOL.

puhrince said:
spidey,am not sure if ur case is in chicago or philly, but in the chicago forum we are signing up for a petition to sent to the senators or the persons concerned...do look into the thread and its discussions and either sign up or ask anyone u know whose case is in chicago DOL to sign up for it..

puhrince

I am Philly DOL, not Chicago. But I saw what you guys are trying to do, it's a good effort and I will be glad to pass word around. Although, I suspect the response you will get is -- Backlog Reduction Ctrs have been put in place and you should now see movement.
Having said that, it can't hurt to send the letter.

2 days passed no news of update in Philladelphia

:confused:

I called several times this morning (215) 8615286, the telephone only ringing.
Whats going on for backlog. They must have work Monday, Tuesday is there in progress.

How to reach backlog reduction center? Anyone knows the telephone number to call.

Thank you all

orissa

Guys
After having passed the magic 20th August timeframe did anyone hear any positive developments regarding the Backlog reduction centers . Kinda tired of this lack of transparancy ....
Thanks

laborpain01 said:
Guys
After having passed the magic 20th August timeframe did anyone hear any positive developments regarding the Backlog reduction centers . Kinda tired of this lack of transparancy ....
Thanks

For those of us who hail from non-democratic non-capitalist nations and are trying to immigrate to this great democratic, capitalist country; this complete lack of transparency even in the face of a paid service (thats what Labor Certifications really is, a paid government service) - is quite a welcome. It leaves us wondering what is so great and different about democracy/capitalism etc etc --

Fortunately for me, I do come from a democratic and capitalist background, therefore I can say this with conviction. This is just a sample of deliberate and bad government. Nothing more nothing less.

Cross your fingers and pray for the best.

US? democratic and capitalist ??

Remember Florida 2000, Illegal Invasion 2003, Halliburton Un-Bid Contracts 2004?

Philly phone still busy

Trying to called the Philly number randomly for last few days..But it's either busy or rings endlessly. may be they r updating the AVM with new approved information..just trying to be a little optimistic...waiting for more than 3 years..

Phily DOL Virtualy closed

Guys,

Tried to call phone to find any news with no luck for 3 days now. Spokewith Lawyer...He say every one and he means every one from Phyly DOL office is fired. They plan to move all these guys to centralized processing and that is the move. He thinks nothing will happen for 2-3 months at Phyly DOL now unless things are moved to central processing !!!

Can any one cross check this info..Really frustrating for me when my DOL receipt date is exact in the month they show they were processing..Sucks..

bmgc said:
Guys,

Tried to call phone to find any news with no luck for 3 days now. Spokewith Lawyer...He say every one and he means every one from Phyly DOL office is fired. They plan to move all these guys to centralized processing and that is the move. He thinks nothing will happen for 2-3 months at Phyly DOL now unless things are moved to central processing !!!

Can any one cross check this info..Really frustrating for me when my DOL receipt date is exact in the month they show they were processing..Sucks..

Okkk.. so if nothing happens by mid sep, I'm going to start looking for jobs in Canada or UK or Australia.. know any sites? Which place is better? Pros/cons?

Spidey,

Labor certification is not really a paid service. There is no fee for ETA 750. All the money you pay goes to your attorney.

However, that does not mean that the process should not be more transparent. I am with you in that they dont keep us informed of what is happening. Nobody knows what Philly DOL is doing for the last one year.

Does this mean..that even after the much anticipated date of aug20 nothing has changed? The process is still where it was or worst got more slow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.