Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pinkubenu-

That's an optimistic news. Hopefully this translate to approvals for all of those who're issued NOFs for Co's HQ Issues. My case was received by USDOL-Philly on Aug 20, 2003. The labor was filed from DE on Dec 12, 2002. Received NOF on Apr 13, 2004. NOF responded to on May 13, 2004. Awaiting response since then. Do you know if there's a schedule for processing such kind of cases? If so, what month's cases are they currently processing? Also, do you have any idea when they'd be able to get to my case?

I appreciate your sharing these information and good luck with yours as well.

cheers.

pinkubenu said:
For people waiting after rebutting NOFes

My Lawyer told me that few of the NOFed case for "company headquarter issue" were recently approved from Boston DOL. So going by the law of uniformity across all DOLs approval should come thru from Phily DOL but when ??????

Hi GCDE02:

My guess about any schedule for processing these case would be as good as yours. Well I can tell you this that my case was NOFed during October 2003 and rebutted on 31 December 2003 and we have no news from DOL yet.

Keep the hope !

Cheers :)
Pinkubenu

GCDE02 said:
Hi Pinkubenu-

That's an optimistic news. Hopefully this translate to approvals for all of those who're issued NOFs for Co's HQ Issues. My case was received by USDOL-Philly on Aug 20, 2003. The labor was filed from DE on Dec 12, 2002. Received NOF on Apr 13, 2004. NOF responded to on May 13, 2004. Awaiting response since then. Do you know if there's a schedule for processing such kind of cases? If so, what month's cases are they currently processing? Also, do you have any idea when they'd be able to get to my case?

I appreciate your sharing these information and good luck with yours as well.

cheers.

Got the info

Thanks to all for the help. I just found out that the receipt numbers are indeed different and the lawyer had got the wrong number to me (the state instead of federal). I'm Aug 11 2003, so hopefully next month by this time I should be done with Labor .. assuming no hiccups. :D

My LC moved to Philly

Hi Everyone:

My LC moved to Philly on 07/26/2004. I just checked AVM with employer's phone.

Thanks

orissa

Any estimates as to how many Federal LC Applications has the Phily DOL received since July 2003? 50,000? 100,000?

Trying to judge how long will it take to process a application received in July 04..once they start moving again.

kbhalla said:
Thanks to all for the help. I just found out that the receipt numbers are indeed different and the lawyer had got the wrong number to me (the state instead of federal). I'm Aug 11 2003, so hopefully next month by this time I should be done with Labor .. assuming no hiccups. :D
my case was also forwarded on August 11th to Philly DOL. Please update the forum once you hear from DOL. I will do the same. Good Luck.

gcmail said:
Any estimates as to how many Federal LC Applications has the Phily DOL received since July 2003? 50,000? 100,000?

Trying to judge how long will it take to process a application received in July 04..once they start moving again.

The Total # of applications at DOL level (In all US is around 50,000). For Philly DOL, the I reckon number should be around 10,000. The 10,000 figure is based on (a) No. of cases processed by DOL in a year until last year and (b) Rough extrapolation based on dialling AVM and entering two random case numbers from different periods, I guess 10,000 to max 12,000-13,000 (Accounting for the peak in cases transferred to DOL when SWA was jumping ahead last year)
Hope this helps.

Whatever be the number of applications..if processing date is moved atleast by a day or two every month then we can atleast estimate..and hope to get one day !! these guys are really playing with our lives..it is too ridiculous !! I am tired of waiting for labor from 2001 !!

it is too painful and wildest guess is also not working in MD+phily dol !!

God only can help us !! Good luck to all of you ..

Is Philli labor still a good option ?

Hello Gurus,
I have an offer from a company which can file for my labor from Philli. What is the current pace of Philli SESA and DOL? My employer said he can get SESA + DOL approved in about 4-6 months? Will it be possible? Your quick response is highly appreciated....

thanks,

Good question-

Hey DSL....

I have 2 somewhat confusing and contradictory remarks about your question.
I am hopeful about the representation of future events in my remarks as well that you and the others on this group will agree with my analysis.

1. If recent history wrt Philly Labor is any indication of how long it will take for labor to clear, you can count on anywhere between 2-3 years time. Nothing less.

2. If the Backlog Reduction Centers are successful and things start to happen as we are all hoping they will, at best you can expect 6-8 months to clear State and Regional (which pretty much will be processed out of one place now) and at worst 2 years.

The contradiction of course lies in and answer to whether we need to believe Backlog Reduction Centers will do some good or not AND if time required to clear labor is to be judged by recent past performance at Philly.

Hope this helps-
spidey-

DSL,

On what basis is your employer saying that? 6-7 months is highly improbable , I think , given the fact that the dates have not moved at all in the last 6-7 months.
As Spidey said , you are looking at , at least , 1.5 years.

Yep, Spidey and Singna are right..
With the way things are going, if they don't improve fast, this forum will be full of geriatric fellows waiting for the Big Labor Certificate From The Sky! :D
Dont believe your employer, DSL.

Ps: When will the first approval Ever trickle out of DOL??? Those guys are killing me. :rolleyes:

Approvals?

When do you guys think we should start seeing some approvals? Based on generic information it looks like there have been no approvals from DOL in the last 2-3 months. With the back log reduction center in works now (or soon to be) whats the earliest or latest we will some activity at Phila DOL.

Gurus,
Thanks for your replies and valuable advice . BTW this company is igate Mastech. I checked on flcdatacenter site and they do have got around 1000 labors approved. But still the 4-6 mo. SESA + DOL thing is hard to digest.

thanks again..

Igate mastech has lot of approved labors..if they sub then can join..but do not take their word of 6 Months ..looks impossible

If they are using pre-approved labor, they need zero months, not 6 months ! With pre-approved labor, all you have to do is - file for I140/485 etc. You dont need anything from labor dept. Of course, the job profile of the approved labor cert should match your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.