Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
transfer the Labor Certification

My Labor was filed by my company "X" now the Labor is in Federal Level of Labor Processing. Now My company asked me to join their Business partner company "Y" So I will be on the pay roll of Company "Y". I asked my new company "Y" about my pending Labor, and they said that we will transfer the Labor Certification Form and we will continue the process.

I need your asdvise on this how will this going to work. Is it possible that my Labor will be valid even I am with the Business partner of my Sponsoring company.

Re: Further Updates on my case

Hi mdgc2001,

As Sumanchal suggested earlier, local libraries is possibly your best option who may have the hard copies/micro film of the news papers. The other option may be directly contacting the publishers, now a days most of big publications even have archives on their web sites. But the one thing I am not sure is whether such archives will include advertisement sections/classifieds?

And, the worst thing that can happen to your case is possibly moving the case nonRIR queue. So, don't worry about it much. I know it can be frustrating but knowing that it is not as bad as rejection is much better! But, I am positive that you can find the advs. in one of the above channels. Thanks for posting you details; keeps us all informed!

Good luck,
-Pradeep

Originally posted by mdgc2001
Hello All,

I have found out from my lawyer that the "copies of ads" submitted to the DOL are not cut out from newspapers or other publications. Apparently, my employer cannot find them. In other words, the original ads are lost. My employer is trying to contact the ad agency to see if they have any copies with them. So far, no luck. My employer says they had carried out the advertisements back in 2001, when my case was filed.

Do you guys have any suggestions/comments? Other than this issue, my case is ready to be certified.

PradK and Sumanchal, please help me out.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

==============================================

Hi everyone,

My employer has a small office in DE(name sake).But he is running payroll for his employees through that DE office for the past one year.He is also paying taxes in DE state.

Does this enough to convince Philly DOL to clear the NOF query issued to my employer?

Thanks
ind

Re: Re: Further Updates on my case

Hi Pradk,

Thanks for your detailed reply. Actually another application filed from my company got the same query last month asking for tear sheets of original ads with date. In that case, our company looked in most libraries including library of congress in Washington DC with NO success. Since the ad is almost 3 years old, they could not find it. Another option my lawyer is looking at is to get a letter from the publication that the company did advertise on that date and giving the details of the ad from their records with date of advertisement. Our company does the ads using a standard ad agency. My lawyer hopes that this would convince the Certifying Officer at DOL. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will give you the updated info.

Thanks again,
mdgc2001

Originally posted by PradK
Hi mdgc2001,

As Sumanchal suggested earlier, local libraries is possibly your best option who may have the hard copies/micro film of the news papers. The other option may be directly contacting the publishers, now a days most of big publications even have archives on their web sites. But the one thing I am not sure is whether such archives will include advertisement sections/classifieds?

And, the worst thing that can happen to your case is possibly moving the case nonRIR queue. So, don't worry about it much. I know it can be frustrating but knowing that it is not as bad as rejection is much better! But, I am positive that you can find the advs. in one of the above channels. Thanks for posting you details; keeps us all informed!

Good luck,
-Pradeep

Reg : NON-RIR...

I have'nt see any NON-RIR approval postings any recently in philadelphia state..I know for lot of them, it has been applied through RIR...But any recent approvals on NON-RIR or any information on NON-RIR...

Thanks,
nkvatsan

Re: Reg : NON-RIR...

nkvatsan and other NON-RIR applicants,

Last time I checked DOL was processing NON-RIR application received on 3/7/2003.

There was one NON-RIR application with DOT Code: 030.062-010 received on 3/6/2003 was certified on January 29th 2004.

Hope this helps. My application was received on April.

AwardMyGC

Originally posted by nkvatsan
I have'nt see any NON-RIR approval postings any recently in philadelphia state..I know for lot of them, it has been applied through RIR...But any recent approvals on NON-RIR or any information on NON-RIR...

Thanks,
nkvatsan

REG : NON-RIR

Hi Awardmygc,
Thanks for your reply..I just got an email from my lawyer today saying

"I checked on your Labor Application. Your application
has met the PA Dept. of Labor standards and will be
transmitted to the Federal DOL in the next month
(hopefully) then we will be able to track it via the
automated phone system and you will receive a number
for your case.

I'll check in a month to see if the FED DOL has
received it."

Does it mean that state has approved my labor and it will be moving to federal soon ? Will it take a month for them to send it over to federal...

Also the below link says they are processing may 2003..Is that not true since your case is on April..

http://www.immigrationonline.com/frame.asp?url=http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Thanks for your reply...

nkvatsan..

Any ideas on Philly DOL case processing order? My case reached DOL on Oct’ 31, I saw some November cases with same DOT got certified in last month. Do they process cases based on from where they received (SESA)? Or they just pick random cases?

Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by GC_MD_2001
Any ideas on Philly DOL case processing order? My case reached DOL on Oct’ 31, I saw some November cases with same DOT got certified in last month. Do they process cases based on from where they received (SESA)? Or they just pick random cases?

Any help is appreciated.

U are talking about your date. Up here in my case DOL status has been 8/25 recived date for the past 6 months. :(:(:)

Guys check this...

There are few others like it but this set of cases stands out.

Does any of you guys know if iGate merged/acquired with some Co. and thus inherited these cases which were actually filed much earlier than the disclosure data indicates????

Otherwise this is unfair!!! Filed and approved with in a week!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

Who's their lawyer -

Hey Guys,

Here's what I am interested in learning.
Who's their lawyer ? ;)

But seriously, I realize that Rajiv Khanna is a damn good lawyer and I am seriously considering him (I am thinking of changing jobs and will restart my process) but I'd like to check out other options.

This time I want to do it right.
Any suggestions?
And seriously who's iGate's immigration lawyer. Anybody know?

friendly neighborhood ....

To Find the exact problem:

Hi Friends,
Can you guys (who got the LC certified, got NOF, Remanded to Employer) give us the following details so that we can reach at some conclusion:

Those who got the LC cleared:
1. If its from Delaware, Do your company has a working Office in DE?
2. SESA Recieved date, DOL recieved date?
3. Any layoffs in your company in the last 1 year?
4. Do you have bachelors degree + 3yr experience or Masters +6 months experience?

Those who got the NOF or "remanded to employer":
4. Do you have bachelors degree + 3yr experience or Masters +6 months experience?
5. If you have recieved the query, What are they asking for?
6. Is your query concerning the office location in Delaware? Where is the company's head quarters?
7. Is your company using a virtual office?
8. Did your employer recieved any approved labours in the last 6 months?

Hope this will help us find the reasons to some extend. I request everybody's cooperation on this.

Thanks,
Rincytom.

I'm still waiting

Mine is transferred to Oct 14,
Filed undr RIR requires batchlors degree + 3(+) yrs of exp.
First I thought that MD cases are moving faster. Then I thought that, the batchlor degree+ 3 (+) yrs exp are working faster.
But so far nothing theory worked for me. As I've both. But I'm still waiting. I called my lawyer his standard answer is they are still processing May cases, so we have to wait. But if lawyer can help I'm ready to put pressure on him thru my company. Please let me know if lawyer can makes a differenece.

Normally, how many days will it take to reach NOF document from Philly DOL to lawyer/employer?

Philly AVM says that my case has been issued NOF on Feb 03 04 but my lawyer/employer have not received it yet.

Any idea?

Thanks
ind

Re: To Find the exact problem:

Good questions. If we get enough replies then we can defintely get to some conclusion.

On the other hand, I did some preliminary analysis based on the results from this links below posted by manohar earlier.

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/documents/perm.zip
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

(Run the query by just selecting 'State'. I have compared MD, PA and DE Just import into a spreadsheet, turn on the auto filter, sort on R_RO, Last Event Date and R_SO columns and then you can do some quick analysis)

From what I can see, PA's cases seems to be treated definitely with some priority! But over all except for exceptions (like the one I posted earlier), Phily DOL processed cases from all above 3 states most of May. This is in agreement with their published date. On the other hand for DE guys like who are really stressed out (having wait a year or more) and now seeing another BS arbitrary enforcement by DOL, you can select status column value to NOF Issued, and see possibly affected Cos. For people from other Cos. I am not worried too much at least for now. But you never know!!!

Strictly my opinions, please post your findings as well.

Thx,

A working copy is also attached here.....

Originally posted by rincytom
Hi Friends,
Can you guys (who got the LC certified, got NOF, Remanded to Employer) give us the following details so that we can reach at some conclusion:

Those who got the LC cleared:

Those who got the NOF or "remanded to employer":
5. If you have recieved the query, What are they asking for?
6. Is your query concerning the office location in Delaware? Where is the company's head quarters?
7. Is your company using a virtual office?
8. Did your employer recieved any approved labours in the last 6 months?

Hope this will help us find the reasons to some extend. I request everybody's cooperation on this.

Thanks,
Rincytom.

Re: To Find the exact problem:

PradK,
Nice job on the excel sheet!
I know some of the cases from my employer have been issued NOF. I dont find them in excel sheet.. It would be really useful if you have the company name also in the excel sheet..

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.