Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
decPhil...

What is your cases status in AVM now? Did it change from "received" ?

Thanks,

Originally posted by decPhil
Thanks alvin. Thanks for your article. My employer has got the same query...DOL has sent 19 questions including office space lease agreement and state tax records....There are 16 more people in my company who got the same query.

What are the chances of getting through this situation? Has any body got this kind of query?

I appreciate your responses.

Thanks

Yes...It changed from Received to NOF and is due back by 25 Feb. All employees in my company got the same query.

Thanks
Vijay

Got it!

VA SESA date - 04/03/2002
DOL received- 11/24/2003
Approved - 01/30/2004

DOT 030-062-010

Good luck to all!

P.S. Any idea when my lawyer should get the papers from Phily?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

My case details:

DOL received date: Oct 27 03
SESA: DE

Philly DOL has issued NOF on my case on Feb 3 04.I'm waiting to hear from my lawyer.

???!!

The processing order of DOL is pretty confusing. We have cases from August to November that are reported in this forum as processed/approved/remanded etc. Are they doing all months at the same time ;-)

decPhil,

Did you receive the details of NOF from your employer/lawyer?

Could you tell me how did your lawyer respond to the NOF?

Thanks

Hi desi_boy_usa

Couls\d you share the details of NOF issued to your case?

DOL has issued NOF on my case too.

Do you have any idea how serious is this issue?

update on my case

This is the response I got from my lawyer. (For those of you who did not read my earlier postings, on AVM, my case status was "remanded to the employer").

EB2- RIR, Philly RD- 09/26/03, AVM - 01/30/04
State MD, 05/07/2001.

Lawyer has not yet receieved anything from DOL as of Feb 5th. My lawyer is based in Philly.

This was his response.

"I have not received anything from the U.S. Department of Labor.

The message "remanded to the employer" is rather strange because if they have some questions for the employer they normally issue what is called a notice of findings and if they are sending the application back to the State Office for some reason then it is remanded."

I don't know what to interpret from his response. Waiting for the DOL notice to reach him.

Others who got NOF or a query, please share your experiences.

Thanks
mdgc2001

NOF details

Hello INDGC123 and everyone

NOF issued on my case doesn't look like it's resolvable.
DOL pin pointed each every issue. They said my company doesn't have a real office in DE, and you guys opened an virtual office just to file LC's. Now they want see all the documents that relates to my company business in DE.From lease agreement to compnay photos to payrol. I never knew my company dosn't have an office in there.
They inquired each and everything, from company website to the phone numbers that company using in DE. And one interesting thing is we have got quite a few cases approved which were originally filled in DE. My lawyer says they started doing all this checks from last Nov.
After a long wait(more than one and hlaf yrs) this is the result.
Am so frustrated now, well what can happen in the worst case, go back to india and have all the funn am missing, right?
But i would try till last minute,hey do you guys know any companies that have Approved LC'S?Actually can any one of you tell me how this approved labour funda works?
Am an high end ERP consultant placed in a stable company, so if you guys know any company, let me know.

Thanks
DBU

LC approved

Pittsburgh SESA Dt: 01-Oct-2003
Moved from SESA to Philly Federal: 21-Nov-2003
DOT Code: 030.062-010
LC Approved: 29-Jan-2004

See you guys at I-140/I-485 forums.

Good luck to all you guys! God Bless America!

Current dates all over the place

Congrats catch_22. I am confused we are seeing approvals all over the place. August- Oct and now a November 2003. Anyone see any patterns here. The MD theory seems to be shot to pieces...anyone else care to guess?

:D

Look into the website: http://www.murthy.com/ukrirpro.html.

I wonder if those cases meet the initial review. So can kohinoor4me, serg_leo and catch_22_4_GC share with us if you fall into those two categories:
One category is applications where the minimum stated experience and education required is at least a bachelor's degree and three additional years of experience or a master's degree and six additional months of experience.
The second category is for labor certifications in which the minimum requirements for the position are below ...
I mean what are minimum requirements on your ads?

Hello desi_boy_usa,

I got the same type of query and my company has to respond back by Feb 25th. My company lawer said that they are working on this.

Let's wait and see. Can any body share some thoughts on this issue.

Thanks

NOF Issue

Hi desi_boy_usa and everyone,

Thanks for your reply.

I suspect that I would have also received similar query like you received on your case.(i.e NOF).I'm waiting to hear from my lawyer.

So what are the chances of DOL approving the NOF issued cases?

My details:

My employer has a small office in DE(one room) and relatively big office in NJ.

He is running payroll for the employees whom he filed GC from DE office, including mine.

He is paying taxes ever since he opened the branch company in DE.

I've been receiving my paychecks from DE office for the past one year.

So keeping in mind the above, Could anyone please advise how difficult is to get through the NOF issue?

Thanks
indgc

Further Updates on my case

Hello All,

I have found out from my lawyer that the "copies of ads" submitted to the DOL are not cut out from newspapers or other publications. Apparently, my employer cannot find them. In other words, the original ads are lost. My employer is trying to contact the ad agency to see if they have any copies with them. So far, no luck. My employer says they had carried out the advertisements back in 2001, when my case was filed.

Do you guys have any suggestions/comments? Other than this issue, my case is ready to be certified.

PradK and Sumanchal, please help me out.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

==============================================
Originally posted by mdgc2001
This is the response I got from my lawyer. (For those of you who did not read my earlier postings, on AVM, my case status was "remanded to the employer").

EB2- RIR, Philly RD- 09/26/03, AVM - 01/30/04
State MD, 05/07/2001.

Lawyer has not yet receieved anything from DOL as of Feb 5th. My lawyer is based in Philly.

This was his response.

"I have not received anything from the U.S. Department of Labor.

The message "remanded to the employer" is rather strange because if they have some questions for the employer they normally issue what is called a notice of findings and if they are sending the application back to the State Office for some reason then it is remanded."

I don't know what to interpret from his response. Waiting for the DOL notice to reach him.

Others who got NOF or a query, please share your experiences.

Thanks
mdgc2001

Re: Further Updates on my case

You May try to check the local libraries if they have the paper.

Originally posted by mdgc2001
Hello All,

I have found out from my lawyer that the "copies of ads" submitted to the DOL are not cut out from newspapers or other publications. Apparently, my employer cannot find them. In other words, the original ads are lost. My employer is trying to contact the ad agency to see if they have any copies with them. So far, no luck. My employer says they had carried out the advertisements back in 2001, when my case was filed.

Do you guys have any suggestions/comments? Other than this issue, my case is ready to be certified.

PradK and Sumanchal, please help me out.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

==============================================

Real bad news for Delaware guys

Guys
I just now spoke with my lawyer.

It is true that Phily DOL is making lot of checks to see if the employer actually has office in Delaware. My company has a namesake office there. Strong advice from my lawyer is
APPLY FOR BACK UP LABOR IN SOME OTHER STATE.

Just wanted to share this info with you guys.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.