Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by tr_gc
Hello guys,

I have been closely watching this thread regularly. My Phily DOL receipt date is 5/23/2003. I saw some applications approved whose Phily DOL date is after 5/23/2003. So just wondering when will be my approval.

Here are my information:
State: VA
Priority Date: 2/1/2002
Phily Recd Dt: 5/23/2003
DOT Code: 030.062-010
Category : RIR

Please add to the excel spread sheet.

Thanks

Done.

Originally posted by ETA
Done.

Let us know when you get your actual reception date (I guessed that it will be 07/31 for now). Also what is your DOT code and are you using RIR? If you want to let me know your SESA reception date, that can go in too.

ETA

SESA reception date is 02/27/02. It is RIR. don't know DOT code. Company never told us.

Thanks again, ETA.

Originally posted by DWQY
SESA reception date is 02/27/02. It is RIR. don't know DOT code. Company never told us.

Thanks again, ETA.

Updated tracker with info from last 2 posts.

You can get the DOT code from the AVM once its there.

Note: I'll be unable to update the tracker again after today for a couple weeks -- hopefully my case will have been processed by that time :p.

ETA

Originally posted by yhcheong
I think they update daily.
My LC is certified at 07/28/2003. And I heard it at 07/29/2003.
When I checkd it late 07/28/2003 and early 07/29/2003, it didn't say it is certified.
But, when I checked just after lunch, it said it is certified.

So, I think they update the AVM every(may be not) morning.

Hope this helps.

RIR rejected cases??

Hey guys,
As fate would have it, my case for LC has been rejected for RIR and has been put in regular processing.

My company has also taken out an ad in the local newspaper that is supposed to run for 10 days.

As I know that the priority dates remain the same. So, if my LC was originally filed in Aug 2001, the Philly offices are now processing NON-RIR cases from Sept 2001.
So....doesnt that mean that even with non-rir, they should be clearing my case??
How does this work? Has anyone over here been thru a similar situation?

Any information regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated guys!

Thanks a bunch.

jatt5abda,

Is your labor got rejected at the Philly SESA or at the Philly DOL?. Only Philly SESA has Septemeber 2001 as the priority date for the Non-RIR cases.

What is your receipt date? What category and under what DOT code (job classification - Computer Prog., Software Eng., DBA etc.) your case got filed?

Any reason given/known for the rejection?!!!

RK:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
jatt5abda,

Your inputs will greatly help in getting some answers for your question as well as it will help others in this forum, who are still waiting to get approved - keeping the fingers crossed.

RK:mad:

More info on my rejected RIR case.

Hello everyone....
Well, first to answer all your questions.

1) My application was rejected by DOL (I THINK).
2) My job title is "Software Engineer"
3) There was NO reason given.
4) My HR person told me that the general trend of applications being rejected was "PEOPLE WHO HAD TWO OR LESS YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, and UNDERGRAD degrees ONLY...AT THE TIME OF LC FILING". Now I am not sure how true this is, but I was told so.
5) My company has not had any MAJOR layoffs at all. There were some 2-300 people who were let go, but that was due to restructuring...and not to mention that the company total employee population is close to 8000.

I AM PASTING THE EMAIL MY HR MANAGER SENT ME TELLING ME ABOUT THE REJECTION. I HAVE TAKEN OUT ALL MY INFO AS WELL AS MY COMPANY INFO.
I AM ALSO ATTACHING THE COPY OF THE LETTER THAT WAS SENT TO MY HR PERSON FROM THE DOL OFFICE. AGAIN, I HAVE TAKEN OUT ALL THE SENSITIVE INFO.

-----------------------------------EMAIL---------------------------------------
Unfortunately, I have received bad news regarding your pending Labor Certification. The Department of Labor has notified that they are automatically remanding your case to the State Workforce Agency (SWA) for standard Green Card processing. This means the case is no longer an RIR (Reduction in Recruitment) case. It is now a Traditional Green Card case.

Previously, we had been receiving Assessment Notices on cases filed between March 2001 through July 2001. The letters stated that EDD would not approve any Labor Certification application for RIR filing, due to the significant layoffs within the industry and the occupation stated on the application. The EDD believed there were able, willing and qualified U.S. workers available for the position. DOL gave the following options, allowing a company to either re-test the market, or withdraw the LC or remand to SWA for traditional GC processing.
However, very recently DOL has seemed to stop issuing the Assessments and has instead been issuing RIR denials and automatic remands of LC-RIR cases filed after July 2001 on the basis that during this time there was substantial evidence of availability of US workers, regardless of our recruitment evidence. Accordingly, DOL is not issuing retest letters but denying and remanding LC-RIR cases.
We will continue to monitor developments on this issue, however at this time there is nothing we can do to stop this from happening. We can only wait for DOL to issue guidance on this issue. You will continue to have a priority date of August 22, 2001, but the case will no longer be in RIR processing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COPY OF LETTER SENT BY DOL TO MY COMPANY
PAGE 1

Added new entry to tracker

I have added my details to the tracker.

Eb2RIR, VA, VA SESA Date: 2/13/2002, Philly Recipt Date: 7/07/2003.

No DOT code is mentioned in the letter that we received from Philly DOL. But I have a case id #: P2003-VA-003392955. How does this translate to a DOT code?

Raj

Raj_dc,

When you dial the DOL # 215-861-5286 after entering your
case # , you will get yor dot code from the machine.

updated tracker

i have updated the tracker with raj_dc info. ETA is on vacation for couple of weeks. guys please give some good news on approvals.

i have knocked off laborhope and hprabu as we have not heard from them from a long time. their dates are giving a wrong picture to the averages which are calculated below.

jatt5abda i am very sorry to hear that your case was rejected.

vicky

Next Steps after RIR remand.

Hey guys,
So I talked with my HR person, and here is the situation-

The SWA (State Workforce Agency) will review all the replies they get from the ad in the newspaper. They will then send the suitable applicants resume to my company, where they will be interviewed.
If these applicants have real issues and cannot be accepted, the HR folks will then send the reasoning back to the SWA, which in turn will send the application back to DOL stating that there were no qualified applicants.

At that time, the DOL can either approve the case OR reject it once again.

I have learnt that the DOL has NO BASIS or GROUNDS on which they are rejecting these cases. Its totaly upto the "mood" of the officer whos table that the application lands upon. It is similar to getting visas at the embassy. They dont have to give any reasoning.
Unfortunately there is NO governing body for the DOL who can check and question what these officers at the DOL are really doing.
There is one independent body...I think the name is "ALEA" or something like that who constantly sends appealls etc to the DOL.

Basically, the govt policy now is to make things AS difficult as possible for anyone or everyone who is an alien. They now pretty much have a "F*CK YOU - take it or leave it" attitude.

So people whos applications are getting approved should consider themselves very lucky, but also take into consideration that there are other steps where one should look out in the next stages.

Anyways, hopefully this damn government will change and maybe the Democrats are not going to be as harsh. But, if this president is elected one more time...then I think immigrants are pretty much screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.