Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Processing Priorities.

Originally posted by neerajv
There is the known fact that cases that SESA recommends outright for certification get approval much sooner. You'll see them getting certified in 10-20 days after receipt.Others (those which SESA din't give a definite opinion or recommended denying the case) get processed in the normal course of time.

Apart from the welder who got approved fairly quickly (see earlier in this thread), I haven't seen any evidence of this, at least among the people who have given their information here. The quickest approval in the spreadsheet was 38 days.

ETA

Originally posted by gckrishna
My friend case was filed on Oct 24th in Delaware and moved to PHily on May 27th 2003 case 033908XX DOT CODE 030.162-014 and was approved on July 9th....

My case was filed on Nove 21st in Delaware and moved to PHILY on June 26th case 033925XX .DOT CODE 030.162-014 .. still waiting for the approval...

I have just did a random check .. case #03392000 received on june 16th 2003 with DOT CODE 030.062-010 certified on july 1st

Thanks -- I updated the spreadsheet with this info. Let me know if anyone sees any problems / omissions.

ETA

clarification

Hi Alpha2002,

I am new to this portal but i have been following the threads here, my application was filed in oct 2002, I see that your application on 25th oct 2002 has been received at DOL on 27th of may and its july now. How ever the labor processing website says that they are processing Sep 2002, on 11th july, is there any discrepancy.

Would appreciate it if you could tell me how you went about calling DOL to find out. and please confirm that your application date is oct 2002.

thanks

Here's a stupid question :p...

The AVM (215-861-5286 -- I may remember this # for the rest of my life :rolleyes: ) gives you 2 options when you phone in. Based on feedback from this thread, I've always used option 1, followed by either 1 (case #) or 2 (employer phone #) to speficy the case I'm interested in. This has always worked as far as I know (regardless of whether I use the case/employer #, its been saying "received" ever since the info was entered around the start of June).

Believe it or not, today I actually listened to the initial options for the first time:

1. Permanent applications
2. Labor Condition applications

What is option #2 for? If you select it, it asks for your employer tax #...

ETA

That means . . . .. H1B (LCA = labor condition applications.)

Labor certifications means permanent labor applications.
always press 1

Originally posted by SFOLCVictim
That means . . . .. H1B (LCA = labor condition applications.)

Labor certifications means permanent labor applications.
always press 1

Darn -- I was hoping that if I pressed 2, I'd discover that my case was processed 2 weeks ago :D

Thanks SFOLCVictim!

ETA

Still up in the air

My case was certified, as per avm, on 7/10/03 but till now my attorney hasn't received any notifications from DOL.
Any of you know how long does it generally take for DOL to notify the attorney from the date of certification..?

:confused: :confused:

AVM

Hi Folks,
How are you? Did any one have any luck in getting the AVM info by fax? I have tried couple of times but no luck, also I observered that in AVM the salary is not mentioned unlike the email. So whats the way to track your case?(Assuming you dont have the case #)

Thnks

Hi All,

PLease visit following link, these people are part of Immigration, Border Security and Claims Committee. I guess we can write then an email, each one of us and we can also call them......on the same site there is format and guide line for when you writing an email and talking on the phone with the congress man.
What do you think?????? Is this something we should do it? At lest we can contact then, I know I am going to do that .
Thanks

http://capwiz.com/aila2/dbq/officia...=S&print=no&fcommittee=hjudi&committee=hjudi4

Originally posted by yhcheong
Anyone got through AVM this morning?

The line is busy all the time this morning.
:eek:

Been busy all morning for me. Maybe this means they are updating cases...?

ETA

Originally posted by ETA
Been busy all morning for me. Maybe this means they are updating cases...?

ETA

The AVM finally picked up for me just now (after trying on and off for the last 4 hours). But it just rang 15 or so times before giving me the "your party is not answering..." spiel. Now its busy again.

It sounds like maybe the system needs to be rebooted (its been working almost flawlessly for me the last 2 weeks). What have people done in the past to let Philly DOL know that the AVM is awol?

ETA

I have got through the AVM 2:00PM.
But, mine is still peding.
Plus, very next two of mine are certified 07/17/2003.
:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got through also (around 2:30pm EST). Picked up after about 6 rings (still pending...).

ETA

Originally posted by gc121802
Does the message say "PENDING" or just gives the received date.

It says "...has been received" followed by the date on which the status was last updated (June 02 for me, even though it only got into the AVM on June 12 afaik -- 06/02 is the reception date).

ETA

Certified !!

Hi everyone,

I just checked the AVM last night around 5-6 pm and heard that my case had been been certified 7/23 (the same day).

I used to check the AVM every night so I can tell you that they definitely update the certification status on the same day, unlike what others have been suggesting on this forum - every 2 weeks or whatever. Initially the case took 2 weeks to show up in the AVM after it was recieved by the DOL so that takes a while. Also, I'm not sure how up-to-date the automated e-mail replies are.

My case was not in the tracker sheet, so I'll provide some details.

Filed EB2-RIR in Philly SESA on May 7, 2001.
SESA finally got to it and sent an inquiry about the salary on April 30th, 03. We replied to them on 19th May after revising salary and posting notice for 10 days. SESA forwarded to DOL in 3 days of receipt of our reply (that was fast). So DOL received it on 22nd May, assigned a DOT code of 030.162-014 case#033906XX. It was certified on May 23. The last case with the same DOT code was approved on May 14, so they seem to be assigning multiple DOT codes to the same officers and the officers rotate their time between cases of the various codes.

Hang in there. You guys will make it soon !!!
My best wishes to everyone :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.