Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by rkk2000
One more case to update from our company

Out of 3 cases received by Philly on May 27th 2003
One got certified on July 17th 2003
Case Number is 033909XX

My case was also received on 27th.. All the three cases were filed from delaware in mid Oct

Out of the three one is my case, but hard to tell because all three has the same salary and DOT code

Good Luck.

rkk2000,
Was it RIR?

TIA

Re: I-140 vs 485

Originally posted by gc121802
I know we have talked about this many times, but Just checking to see what better as of today.

I-140 takes : 9-10 months
CP for interview takes 6-8 months

So in All 16-18 months for GC.

Does any one know how much time it takes for 485.

Nothing much seems to have changed since the last time I looked. From http://www.murthy.com/pt_verm.html:

I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E11 05.20.2002
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E12 05.20.2002
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E13 01.13.2003
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E21 09.05.2002
I-140 National Interest Waivers 05.22.2002
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E31, E32, EW3 09.23.2002
I-140 Nurses 06.18.2003
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status 01.01.2002

And, as mentioned earlier, I've seen CP interviews taking around 9 months on average after the I-140 approval date from the last 6 entries at http://www.cptracker.com (Montreal consulate).

So, according to the above:

I-140 (EB2 = E21) is taking about 10 months
I-140 (EB3 = E31) is taking about 9 months

I-485 is taking about 18 months (concurrent with I-140) for a total of about 18 months
CP is taking about 9 months (at Montreal) from I-140 approval date for a total of about 18 or 19 months

ETA

Originally posted by rkk2000
One more case to update from our company

Out of 3 cases received by Philly on May 27th 2003
One got certified on July 17th 2003
Case Number is 033909XX

My case was also received on 27th.. All the three cases were filed from delaware in mid Oct

Out of the three one is my case, but hard to tell because all three has the same salary and DOT code

Good Luck.

Thanks rkk2000. I added this info tracker (spreadsheet). I'm guessing that you are already in there as RKIndiaCBE? Let me know if that is someone else.

Also, if you can confirm whether these are EB2/3 (you are in as EB3) I'll add that also.

ETA

Hi ETA

I am not RKIndiaCBE

My Details

Applied From Delaware Oct 26th 2002
Received Philly on May 27th
EB2-RIR
DOT CODE: 030-062-010

All the 3 cases received on May 27th from our company are EB2-RIR

I will update if I have any further Information

Thanks

AVM system

Hi guys,
Any luck with the email or AVM system seems to be down for some time , whats the way to get the info abt the cases faxed frm AVM? When you press #opt3 do you get all the case #s in the fax?

Any one who had his labour certification filed frm Harrisburg in Dec 2002? Has it come to Philly DOL? Plz keep us posted

Thnks

Hi guys,

My case has been received by Philly on May 27th 2003.
I am waiting for my Approval!!!

Pls update here any one got LC whose case moved to philly after May 27 2003.

thanks,

Updated the tracker (corrected rkk2000's info, moved most recent entry up in list so its still sorted by the DOL reception date).

Note: I only have Excel 97 at home. It doesn't look like anything got messed up, but please let me know if it did and I'll fix things on Monday from work.

Nice to see things moving along. I'm on pins and needles currently -- I swear I don't breathe at all during each AVM call lately :)

ETA

Re: AVM system

Originally posted by harrisburg012
Hi guys,
Any luck with the email or AVM system seems to be down for some time , whats the way to get the info abt the cases faxed frm AVM? When you press #opt3 do you get all the case #s in the fax?

Any one who had his labour certification filed frm Harrisburg in Dec 2002? Has it come to Philly DOL? Plz keep us posted

Thnks

The email system has been completely down for me (and for anyone else afaik) for about 2 weeks now, give or take. There is either no reply or the email bounces, saying the target is invalid.

The AVM has been working almost perfectly for me for about a week now. I've been getting through about 75% of the time, usually on the first ring, sometimes after 8 rings or so, and its busy maybe 25% of the time, sometimes for an hour or so from what I can tell. I haven't had a single instance where it rings 15x or so then you get the "your party is not answering message..." for about a week now.

I haven't tried the fax option so I can't help you there. I think the fax option is at the end of the message, right?

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

I was just chacking some random case number around my own and there was a case received on May 27th that was approved on July 9th. It was about 1000 cases ahead of me so I think they will be processing my case in another 2 weeks time. Just a guess guys

My case was moved at DOL on 16th May and I am still waiting for my approval. I am wondering how they are clearing files. Based on SESA, DOT code or receiving date?.

Processing Priorities.

There is the known fact that cases that SESA recommends outright for certification get approval much sooner. You'll see them getting certified in 10-20 days after receipt.Others (those which SESA din't give a definite opinion or recommended denying the case) get processed in the normal course of time.

In the normal course of processing, to me it looks like they work by DOT code. They assign a set of DOT codes to certain officers who have expertise/knowledge of processing cases in those areas. My case was received by the DOL on 22nd May. When checking the AVR system I figured out that that there were 2 cases with th same DOT code received on 20th and 1 on the 21st. The 2 cases recd. on 20th were certified on 9th and 14th resp. (5 days apart even though they were received on the same day). People wonder if all cases received on the same day get certified together- sometimes they do sometimes they don't. In the case of this DOT code, the office probably did one case (it took some time maybe), then decided that he wanted to work on his other DOT codes, and came back to this DOT code's next case 5 days later.

So don't try to predict. Just wait and watch.:)

My friend case was filed on Oct 24th in Delaware and moved to PHily on May 27th 2003 case 033908XX DOT CODE 030.162-014 and was approved on July 9th....

My case was filed on Nove 21st in Delaware and moved to PHILY on June 26th case 033925XX .DOT CODE 030.162-014 .. still waiting for the approval...

I have just did a random check .. case #03392000 received on june 16th 2003 with DOT CODE 030.062-010 certified on july 1st

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by nehachokshi
My case was moved at DOL on 16th May and I am still waiting for my approval. I am wondering how they are clearing files. Based on SESA, DOT code or receiving date?.

As far as I know, they are generally going off the DOL receiving date. If it was the SESA date, then a lot of us would be getting processed ahead of the Delaware folks :).

There has been some indication that the DOT code can move a case up in the queue (see earlier post about a welder in this thread I think). Apart from that, I'm not aware of anything else that influences the order in which cases are processed.

The average time to process cases is around 55 days currently (going back to March this year). See the spreadsheet for details.

ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.