Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
140/485

Hi, Can anybody please give an idea on where can we file 140/485 after labour approval from Philly SESA and Philly DOL. Is it Nabraska or Vermont? Does it depend on the company location?
Also, if the company has offices in Philladelphia ( where the labor was filed) and offices in Chicago so can 140 be filed at Nabraska ( assuming it depends on location) with approved LC from Philly?

Thanks for your inputs.

Re: 140/485

Originally posted by ACGian
Hi, Can anybody please give an idea on where can we file 140/485 after labour approval from Philly SESA and Philly DOL. Is it Nabraska or Vermont? Does it depend on the company location?
Also, if the company has offices in Philladelphia ( where the labor was filed) and offices in Chicago so can 140 be filed at Nabraska ( assuming it depends on location) with approved LC from Philly?

Thanks for your inputs.

Under my knowledge, you should file to Vermont.
check out http://www.immihelp.com/directory/ServiceCenters.html#VSC

Plus,
Check "Where to File" section in Page3 in
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-140.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx philava

But my company is a small company and it is not using my labor for someone else, because no other person is eligible for that. I just wanted the opinion from other people what problem will I face if I ask my lawyer with the approved labor.

Again for everyone, if my labor was approved for an advertisement which is Masters+2years exp and I do have 5 years of exp which is functionally equivalent to a masters degree, would I face any problems in I140?

2 cents

Technically u r supposed to have 7 yrs of Experience ( 5 + 2) . Is it now? or 2 yrs before ..so now you have 2 more years of experience ..:D

Congratulation allsuck, acgain & other who got approved now.

simply_valabour ,
Just look at my sesa days, there is no special treatment in philly its only our time.....Good luck.

PhillyMay:

You should be approve about now, just hang in there. Mine RD was 4/21/03 and got approved last Friday 6/13/03.

Good Luck

Thanx simply_valabour

Now I have more than 7 years of experience. But when the labor was filed (05/22/2001), I had 5 years of experience.

Agree..

Agreed ....I see you and me lagging behind...Well lets watch and see.I guess I am still in better position considering I filed 7 1/2 months later than you.

Somehow I think all applications which are transferred to DOL on same date get prioritized on the date of applicant's state application. So yours approval might come before me.

Waiting is exausting man...

_valabour

Originally posted by PhiliMay
Congratulation allsuck, acgain & other who got approved now.

simply_valabour ,
Just look at my sesa days, there is no special treatment in philly its only our time.....Good luck.

Thanks for your support karns.

Let wait for another 3 days from Monday simply_valabour,
I think AVM will get updated only then..

Good Luck!!!!!

Re: Thanx simply_valabour

IMHO if labor is passed then nothing to worry. If they consider anything at time of application then you are set because now you have that. and I haven't heard/seen labor getting invalidated because you applied for 140. If this is the thing chewing your brain that should have been come across in labor stage. IMHO its late for them. If they think it is wrong it is not they who tell you SESA has done poor job and we are sorry but this doesn't look right..

Thoughts?...

_valabour

Originally posted by jay_gm
Now I have more than 7 years of experience. But when the labor was filed (05/22/2001), I had 5 years of experience.

Finally got Certified on 6/16/03! All the best for the guys waiting.

Updated the excel tracker. It was messed up again (formulas, color code etc.) Take care of my baby.

AVM

What's the story about AVM? . People are posting approval after ~>4-5 days. IS it that they are busy and didn't get time to post or AVM doesn't tell them.

What's story dsujay?

Anyway congratulations..

_valabour

Originally posted by dsujay
Finally got Certified on 6/16/03! All the best for the guys waiting.

Updated the excel tracker. It was messed up again (formulas, color code etc.) Take care of my baby.

Guys,
As per my math did from our excel sheet data, AVM gets updated
every 3-4 working days on avg. So Simply_valabour let wait for next update and see....Hope Hope & Hope....

simply_valabour,

For the past week, I just didn't check neither the AVM nor this forum, I did it today and found out. Actually haven't heard from the laywer yet.

Re: Urgent

Originally posted by luzarun
Does anybody know what does this mean:

Remand issued to Employer On 06/17/2003

Luzarun,

It can be due to variety of reasons. I know if lawyer/company recalls the application for company name change in case of takeovers etc., it shows the same status as you mentioned. Check with your lawyer.

I work for a university. What does the following mean

Current Status : Remand issued to Employer On 06/17/2003.

is remand the same as RFE?

I can't tell you this immigration has made a nervous wreck out of me.

Originally posted by luzarun
I work for a university. What does the following mean

Current Status : Remand issued to Employer On 06/17/2003.

is remand the same as RFE?

I can't tell you this immigration has made a nervous wreck out of me.

As I said, it may or may not be RFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.