Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for our next stage...

I came across the following news today. It says even if the employer revokes your approved I-40 OR a LAYOFF happens, the 485 can not be rejected because of this if 485 is pending more than 180 days.

Read the link for more info:

I-40 NEWS UPDATE

Hey gcpenny.

Thanks for posting this (btw I-40 should read I-140).

There's also a thread on these forums discussing this issue (http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89506).

This certainly isn't bad news but it probably won't impact many of us since we'll (hopefully) never be in this situation. If nothing else, it will provide some peace of mind if your I-140 is approved and your job security starts to look shaky before the I-485 is adjucated.

ETA

Passport Stamps

Congrats..sorry took long to respond.

Here is my new finding may be this will help who are interested or in the same situation like me.

in process of applying I-140 ( GOD.. my lawyer !!!!...)
Completed 6 yrs applied 7 yr H1..guess what?.

They are saying me and my family is not in US. The passport copies show I left country few months back. :(

Turns out they read in/out stamps on passport and conclude from that ( this is my +ve guess). The date was correct but it was 2 yrs ago when I visited my country and you guys know how clear are those stamps.

So just a suggestion - make good copies which show those stamps clear ..otherwise they might conclude you are not in US. :D

I hope this doesn't make same problem for my I-140. :rolleyes:

Best luck guys.

_Valabour

Originally posted by PhiliMay
Thanks guys, Hope everyone get their approval fast. My finding is
even it took 9 days to update AVM, they are moving fast in doing their work.

Good luck to all.

PM.

s_valabour,

Thanks for your update. A valuable information indeed.
My lawyer too aksed me to bring copies for all
pages in passport. Let hope for good.

So what did you reply them, by the way are
going for CP and what I-140 thread are you in?

PM.

I keep checking here almost hourly :p but its been pretty quiet the last few days.

It sounds like ronadhona should be getting updated soon, if this hasn't happened already.

I'm sure others who are close to being processed are on pins & needles like me.

FWIW, I still haven't decided whether to go with AOS (if so, I need to start looking into to medicals, forms etc. soon) or with CP (not much to prepare until the I-140 is processed. There is some indication that CP isn't taking that much less time than AOS these days, at least when looking at VSC for AOS vs Montreal for CP. Of course, I'm not assuming that the LC will be approved, although (touch wood) it looks like there have been very few denials lately, at least among the people on this forum.

ETA

ETA

can you give me some link where i can find the details about CP. i mean how much time it is taking and where all i can apply for it.

thanks

vicky

Re: ETA

Originally posted by vicky_usa
can you give me some link where i can find the details about CP. i mean how much time it is taking and where all i can apply for it.

thanks

vicky

Take a look at the thread that I started on the processing times for doing CP (through Montreal consolate) vs AOS (at VSC):

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89759

and also this one:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89254&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

which talks about the CP vs AOS issue in general.

I'm still on the fence myself. At present AOS times don't look to be that bad, but many people are suggesting that AOS is going to slow down a lot more than CP as the people who have filed I-140 and AOS concurrently start to be absorbed into the system.

As far as I've been able to determine, I-140's are currently taking up to 12 months or so at VSC. I-485's are taking about 18 months and CP is taking about 8-12 months but since the I-140 and AOS (I-485) can be done concurrently, in theory this means that AOS is taking about 18 months and CP is taking a total of 20-24 months). But, I've seen some indication that CP-based I-140's are being approved more quickly (and I-140 times in general depend greatly on your EB classification).

The information at murphy.com also gives a good CP vs AOS overview (in a nutshell, if you are eligible for AOS and your job security is at all in doubt going the CP route is much riskier -- you could end up back at square one if your company closes).

To apply for CP you generally specify that this is what you want on the I-140 application. Otherwise you will default to AOS processing. I'm probably skipping some details but if you do specify CP then, once the I-140 is done, you will be sent "packets" that you have to fill out and you will eventually be given an interview date at the applicable consolate (e.g. Montreal, Mumbai etc.)

You can change from CP <--> AOS at a later time but keep in mind that processing the change (e.g. form I-824 for AOS -> CP) can add months to the total processing time and unless you have a good reason for doing this you can invoke the wrath of the BCIS if they assume that you intended to do this all along and you were just trying to take advantage of the system.

Note that some consolates are apparently accepting attorney certified I-140's (AC I-140) in lieu of a processed I-824 (you may need the I-824 receipt) which can greatly reduce the AOS -> CP changeover time (if you have a justifiable reason for doing this).

ETA

Still waiting...

Originally posted by vicky_usa
any new updates ?????

I think the AVM (or email) is updated in batches once in 2 weeks or so. Since i did not make in the last update, i will have to wait for at least a week before they update the systems again with new cases.

Re: Still waiting...

Originally posted by RonaDhona
I think the AVM (or email) is updated in batches once in 2 weeks or so. Since i did not make in the last update, i will have to wait for at least a week before they update the systems again with new cases.

That would certainly explain why we seem to have a flurry of approvals then nothing for a couple weeks.

I've noticed that the AVM seems to be fairly well behaved these days -- I got through 2x today with one time-out ("your party is not answering" after about 15 rings) and a 10 min period during which it was busy. The email system seems to be awol recently though.

ETA

I was informed by my attorny that my case is forwared to DOL & My information is as under;

VA SESA Date 06/22/01
DOL Receipt Date 07/07/03
RIR EB2

budct

Originally posted by budct
I was informed by my attorny that my case is forwared to DOL & My information is as under;

VA SESA Date 06/22/01
DOL Receipt Date 07/07/03
RIR EB2

budct

Hey budct.

We're in the process of transitioning to the online tracker at http://www.amitgoel.com/doltracker/ although I'll probably continue to also update the spreadsheet at least until my own case is processed.

I added your information to the spreadsheet (attached), could you add your info to the above-mentioned site.

DOL cases have been taking about 54 days on average since March this year (see spreadsheet for details).

Welcome aboard!

ETA

P.S. I noticed your SESA LC processing seemed to take forever -- was there a reason for that?

hi ETA
Thank you for updating the spreadsheet and including my name in it.
Yes, you are right , SESA took more time as they asked my employer to put up notice again and also forward them few more documents/information related to my case .In the process it was delayed in taking actions at different stages.
Anyway I hope that now it moves smooth at reasonable speed as it is frustarting for entire family to live here in such uncertainty for such a long time.Besides this wife is on H4 , so she cannot take up work although she is highly qualified/experinced .It is difficult to get sponserer for her in such rough economic condition.
Good luck
budct:cool:

Email update

Is the Automated Email response system working.
All attempts over the last week have resulted in mailer daemon errors for me.

This is the email i am using.

LCSTATUS03@doleta.gov
and
Employer Phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx
in the body of the message.

Has the email changed by any chance.

thanks
s ram

Re: Email update

Originally posted by srbs
Is the Automated Email response system working.
All attempts over the last week have resulted in mailer daemon errors for me.

This is the email i am using.

LCSTATUS03@doleta.gov
and
Employer Phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx
in the body of the message.

Has the email changed by any chance.

thanks
s ram

It hasn't worked for me in about 5 days and I'm also getting bounces from that site. Prior to that it was working fine for about 1 week or so. I don't see anything wrong with the address / content that you are using, although I use

Employer Phone xxxxxxxxxx

(no subject and I usually make sure the email is sent in text format).

The AVM seems to have been fairly reliable lately. I usually get through on the 2nd ring (if it rings longer, usually its not going to pick up, although I think that once or twice its picked up after 10 rings). It can be busy at times but I can usually get through later in the day.

Does anyone have contact information for letting them know the email system is awol?

ETA

Question about EAD

I work for company A and I have started my GC by filing labor in deleware as future employee from a company B. ...state cleared and moved to Phily DOL in last week of June.

I have a question about the EAD ..

If my Phily DOL clears and I file I-140,I-485 and EAD from company B... and I will still be on company A's payroll
To get the EAD from company B :
Do I need to be on B's payroll?
Can I continue on A's payroll or swtich to B's payroll.

If this in not the right forum please point me to the right .

Re: Question about EAD

Originally posted by gckrishna
I work for company A and I have started my GC by filing labor in deleware as future employee from a company B. ...state cleared and moved to Phily DOL in last week of June.

If this in not the right forum please point me to the right .

You'll probably get more replies on this in the I-485 forums, either http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=190) or (http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=31).

I vaguely recall similar issues being raised on those forums so you might want to troll through the threads to see if there is anything applicable in there.

Personally, this is definitely something I'd want to have professional advice on.

ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.