Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Hello All,
I've my Biometric at 10300 Drummond Rd Philadelphia on 09/09/2010 and for my wife its on 09/10/2010. Will they do the biometric for my wife if she walks in with me on the same day? Also do they have parking available over there, I.m planning to drive to the office on that any info would be of a great help for me.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Nor,

They have enough parking available there. When I went there for my FP it was in the afternoon and was almost empty, took me just 10 minutes to get the FP done. I think it is worth taking your wife with you and then you can explain to them whey she is here today.
Good luck.

Thanks a lot rohilr for the info about the parking this would be my first trip over there in Philadelphia office so was not sure about it. Since I would be driving more than 140 miles to the office I will take my wife along and try my luck over there.

Thanks

Guys,
Need your help again. My interview is scheduled for Friday Nov 19th 9:40 AM (address is 1600 Callowhill St Philadelphia PA 19130). I need to know if this USCIS office has parking available or not? If there is no USCIS parking (Since this is in downtown Philadelphia I doubt there would be parking) what are my best options, is there a paid parking close by?
How long does the interview usually for?

Thanks a lot in advance..

I got there early and there are plenty of parking garages nearby. It's a little expensive, but if you get early there is street parking next to the USCIS office and for a max of 3 hrs I think. This is much cheaper. The only reason, I didn't end up doing this is because I didn't know how long the wait was going to be.

Thanks for the info ramvij24. I will try to get there early and see if I can find a road side parking otherwise any of the garage should be fine..
By the way did you go over there for interview or something else? If it was the interview how long did it take?

I had my naturalization in Philly. I had a 9:20 AM interview and it's about 2 hr drive for me without any traffic problems. I left early and I got there by 8:15 AM. Parked in a garage right next to the office and luckily they let me in even though I was early. I was not called in for interview until 10AM and I was out in less than 10 minutes. There was no same day oath option when I asked and I finished my oath 2 1/2 weeks after my interview back in the same office.

Thanks a lot ramvij24. My case is the same my drive is around 2:30 hours and with kids and traffic its even longer and I've heard that thursday and friday the weather is going to be bad. I'm planning to travel on thursday and stay in a hotel nearby and then drive for 20-25 minutes in the morning.

I hope the parking garages in phill don't charge as much as they do in NY and Boston $25 an hour?

My scheduled interview is on Jan 03 at the philly office, does anyone know when is the soonest oath date after Jan 03? TIA

You can't check for oath dates online. The office who interviews you will tell you the oath date(s) once you clear the exam.
For me my interview was on Nov 19th and my oath date was on Nov 30 which I accepted.

You can't check for oath dates online. The office who interviews you will tell you the oath date(s) once you clear the exam.
For me my interview was on Nov 19th and my oath date was on Nov 30 which I accepted.

thank you

I am about to file my N400 and being a PA resident i checked on processing times in Philadelphia field office and they have 2007 as processing time for N400 . What is with that ? are they 3 years behind?
Can I request ti get my application sent to Pittsburg or elsewhere? thx

Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status July 1, 2008
N-400 Application for Naturalization September 24, 2007
N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship June 10, 2009

Is this correct, 3 years backlog?

just had biometrics done at 10300 Drummond Rd. Neither traffic nor parking were a problem (8:00 am). The whole process took 10 minutes, very efficient.

Hurray!, processing times for Philadelphia as November 30, 2010 now read:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status July 26, 2010
N-400 Application for Naturalization 5 Months
N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship 5 Months

The 3 year backlog posted previously was probably due to lack of system updating.

Passed my interview at Philly office. Did it last Wednesday. The toughest part of it was the drive to Philly. The normal 45 minute drive turned into a 2+ hour drive. Left house at 7:15am and made it to Philly office at 9:40am. Was scheduled for 9:40 interview.

Congratulations Bonggoy! any word on oath day?
Passed my interview at Philly office. Did it last Wednesday. The toughest part of it was the drive to Philly. The normal 45 minute drive turned into a 2+ hour drive. Left house at 7:15am and made it to Philly office at 9:40am. Was scheduled for 9:40 interview.