Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Hi,

You should be good for july-aug, unless otherwise your's is a straight forward application, without any complications like, any violations, arrest, not a good moral charecter etc.
take a calculation of about 2 - 2 and half months after your oath, to get passport, oci/pio etc.

And how long after the INTERVIEW do you get to take the oath?

Hi everyone,

Today, I got my N-400 Receipt. Hope everything will go smoothly.
Wishing good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Today, we had our oath ceremony at 1600 Callohill Street, Philly at 11AM. It seems they have another today at 2PM also.

It wa an hour and half process and went smoothly.

Thank you to all ... for sharing their information and suggestions... Hope to see you all in Passport and OCI threads... :)

Good luck to all of you.

Regards,
rmiriyala

==============================================================================

Philly DO - my Natz Process

Applied on 9th Dec 2009
interview on 5th March 2010
oath on 24th March 2010

Hi everyone,

Applied 12/30/2009, had my interview at Philadelphia,PA on 03/30/2010 - recommended for approval, received my oath letter on 04/07/2010, oath scheduled for 04/14/2010.

Hi Guys,

A great update on my wife case, she got the OC letter and scheduled for OC on 04/21/10. I am hoping to have the same date after my interview on 04/19/10.
Wish me luck!!!! Do you think me and my daughters could wait in the waiting room and take pictures together afterward???

Hi Noel123,

Yes. you ( and your daughters) can go with your wife and usually can be seated in the last rows in ceremony hall. they will tell you when you can take pictures etc...
Congratulations to your wife and good luck to you....

I have a GREAT news for everybody - I passed the Interview this morning at 9am in Philly DO and schedule for OC on April 23, 2010 on Friday...Praise the LORD!!!
So I don't have to wait for my OC letter as it is given to me directly after the Interview and the Interview process was done in 10 minutes.

The process was as below;
Raised your hand
Went throught the application
Signed my pictures
Asked 6 Q?
Read a sentence
Write a sentence
Signed the approval for recommendation?
OC appointment given on the spot.

Good luck for everybody else that are waiting for Interview and OC...............
Thanks so much for all your supports and feedback and suggestions........

NOEL

Hi Mymottoislife,

Have you received your FP notice yet ? see my details in my signature. I am waiting for FP notice.

I had my interview at Philadelphia today. Interview was at 9:40 AM . Went there by 9 AM. There are 15 persons in the hall waiting for naturalization interview. The hall is calm, well maintained and neat. It took an hour for my turn. A little elderly person called by name and greeted me. Asked me to follow him. He was very serious. Asked me to swear for truth and take a seat. Asked questions from the application while he is verifying them with a tick mark with red ink. He is also writing some notes on a different paper. Asked about arrests. I replied that I has traffic citations. He asked me if they are for speeding or anything else. I said one is for running on red light and 2nd is wrong passage on interstate shoulder. I handed him the court dispositions. He asked whether its for the record and if he can file them. I replied with yes . He has gone through them and kept in my file.

Then he took 3 papers out of the file.
From one paper he asked me to read a sentence. can't remember what I read
On second paper he asked to write " We pay Taxes"?
He took the 3rd paper which has 10 questions. Said I have to answer 6 correctly.
1) How many senators are there?
2) What ocean is in East Coast?
3) Name one US state that borders Canada?
4) When was constitution written?
5) When men has to register for selective services?
6) One problem that led to civil war?

Answered all correctly . he stopped asking further questions. Asked me sign on 2 of my photographs. Asked to make 2 signatures on application and print my name.

Later gave me a letter which says I passed the test . He asked that there is a oath ceremony on August 11th and if I want that to be scheduled. I answered yes. He gave me the oath letter and asked me read at home and bring it back for oath.

He was serious all through the interview. But It was quick and smooth.
Then told me

Local Office: Philadelphia, PA
05/18/2005 : Became Permanent Resident
04/08/2010 (0) : Sent N-400 Dallas Lock Box
04/12/2010 (4) : Receive Date / Priority Date
04/16/2010 (8 : Notice Date
04/22/2010 (14): NOA Rec.
05/06/2010 (28): Rec. FP letter
05/19/2010 (41): FP Scheduled
05/19/2010 (41): FP done
06/21/2010 (x) : Received YL
06/22/2010 (x): Case sent to local off.
6/24/2010 (x): Interview Letter
07/30/2010 (x): Interview Date
07/30/2010 (x): Oath Letter Received
08/11/2010 (x): Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 (x): USC Date
xx/xx/2010 (x): Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 (x): Passport Received

First of all I would like to "Thank God for all HIS mercies upon me".

Today I attended the interview at Philadelphia. My Interview officer was very Professional, but not at all serious. She went through each question in N 400 and asked me to sign on the application and on photographs. Asked 6 questions and noted down the answers on a paper. Then she checked many pages in my file (This file had all my current and previous applications with USCIS and all the supporting documents that I sent with those applications – Really a thick file, that is least 3 inches thick)

Finally, she congratulated me and gave N- 652 (Naturalization Interview Results). She said that she can schedule me to an oath ceremony that is near my town but I answered that I can come again to Philadelphia. Overall, interview process took less than 1 hour (including waiting time) and the Interviewer was very help.

Regarding Parking:
There is a garage near 1600 Callow hill. They are charging $2 for every 20 minutes. (or $15 per day)

It took 118 days from Sending N 400 – Interview.

Oh well, it's been ages since I posted last -- I guess it was some time during the I-485 saga.
A quick summary: processing time for N-400 has improved. Greatly. Drastically, I'd say.
N-400: RD: 4/13/2010; ID (Phila.): 7/30/10; Oath: 8/13/10.
4 months in total.
It's a big day; but the feeling that overshadows all others is the realization that you're --finally -- belong here, in your new adopted country. Quite a few people (myself included) were teary-eyed at the ceremony.
Good luck to all and welcome to America.

Hello All,

I just realized that I forgot to mention that , I was not using my last name before coming to US, more than 10 years back. In the N-400 form I just put "NA" where they asked have you ever used any other name. Same thing with my wife's name too. Do you think that can be a problem ?
Any one having similar experience please reply.

Ramvij24,

There is one parking lot next to the USCIS office. I think if you enter before 10AM it is $10 for all day. If you can't find a place for your car in this parking lot, there is one Parking garage on "Spring St & N 16th St" - This is just blocks away from USCIS - They charge $2 for every 20 minutes. (or $15 per day)

Parking At Philadelphia Office

There are many Parking spots on the Street around the 1600 Callowhill Building. It is inexpensive to park on the Street rather than in Garage. It costs $ 1.50 per one hour.

I completed my oath on Aug 27th. Thanks unto the Lord for HIS goodness and mercy to which I am unworthy.

Now I am a Happy US Citizen!!!