Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Also, it is common that the Oath is held for huge number people. Who knows, they might have huge oath ceremony for Philly and DE people at once.

From my experience so far, I believe the origin of country do matter. Although I don't mind telling, I do mind telling it on the board or stranger(s). Certain things, I would like to keep it simple. Let's just say I'm from Europe.

From my experience so far, I believe the origin of country do matter. Although I don't mind telling, I do mind telling it on the board or stranger(s). Certain things, I would like to keep it simple. Let's just say I'm from Europe.

i understand.

Well will keep our fingers crossed. Hope we dont have wait for 120 days

I certainly hope not. The whole citizenship process shouldn't take more than 120 days. I thought it would take maybe 3 months. oh boy, Was I in surprise! I can not believe that it's already taking me more than 120 days from the day I filed N400. It has been a month since the interview for me. We should get the letter in no time!

I certainly hope not. The whole citizenship process shouldn't take more than 120 days. I thought it would take maybe 3 months. oh boy, Was I in surprise! I can not believe that it's already taking me more than 120 days from the day I filed N400. It has been a month since the interview for me. We should get the letter in no time!

No the 120 days count from the day you pass the test at the Interview...

You might consider yourself lucky to get interviewed within 3 months. Some people wait three years...

No activty in Philly Thread?

Well let me make a prediction (waitingforOath)
I believe we may get the Oath Letter in January 2009 for Febuary 2009.

Uscis really dont want 120 days get close. (kinda wanna frustrate us a little bit....and then when we are about to break, they give us our letter)

FYI:

I was walking by 1600 Callowhill (USCIS Philly office) today and there was a long line in front of the building. When I asked they told me that there is an Oath Ceremony.

I thought Thursdays were the oath days in Philly. May be they increased the frequency to accommodate the backlog???

FYI:

I was walking by 1600 Callowhill (USCIS Philly office) today and there was a long line in front of the building. When I asked they told me that there is an Oath Ceremony.

I thought Thursdays were the oath days in Philly. May be they increased the frequency to accommodate the backlog???

I hope they act fast and get their acts together.

Dont know why or when they will respon. You should call the 800 # and
see what they say regarding why it was descheduled and when they likelky will schedule another.

I just got interviewed at Philly this morning. Here's my inputs to some of those frequently asked questions:

1. Speeding tickets - I had 2. I briefly mentioned them to the IO during the interview when he went through the relevant section in the N-400. He dismissed it, didn't ask for any records or proof of payment.

2. Taxes - I misplaced the original set of transcripts I had requested but was able to get another set of federal transcripts in time for the interview. I could not get state tax transcripts in time. In any event, the IO only wanted Federal transcripts and didn't ask for anything else.

3. Tests - I wasn't given a choice of test. The IO handed me a sheet of 10 questions which could have come from either version and asked me to fill it out. Very basic questions - name of the anthem, current VP, what's celebrated on July 4th, name of first president, what's the constitution, etc. I wasn't given an English language test.

4. Overseas trips - I didn't really have that many but was pretty diligent in calculating the days to assess eligibility.

Other than a fairly long wait time, it was pretty smooth. I've been asked to wait for the OL. Interestingly, the IO did mention that they prioritize name changes over regular applications. So, you're more likely to get an oath date sooner if you change your name.

I just got interviewed at Philly this morning. Here's my inputs to some of those frequently asked questions:

1. Speeding tickets - I had 2. I briefly mentioned them to the IO during the interview when he went through the relevant section in the N-400. He dismissed it, didn't ask for any records or proof of payment.

2. Taxes - I misplaced the original set of transcripts I had requested but was able to get another set of federal transcripts in time for the interview. I could not get state tax transcripts in time. In any event, the IO only wanted Federal transcripts and didn't ask for anything else.

3. Tests - I wasn't given a choice of test. The IO handed me a sheet of 10 questions which could have come from either version and asked me to fill it out. Very basic questions - name of the anthem, current VP, what's celebrated on July 4th, name of first president, what's the constitution, etc. I wasn't given an English language test.

4. Overseas trips - I didn't really have that many but was pretty diligent in calculating the days to assess eligibility.

Other than a fairly long wait time, it was pretty smooth. I've been asked to wait for the OL. Interestingly, the IO did mention that they prioritize name changes over regular applications. So, you're more likely to get an oath date sooner if you change your name.

Did he give you an estimated date of when you may recive your OL.
Also are you from Delaware or Philly?.... i know those in Philly get OL sooner than Delaware Residents.

He mentioned the standard 30-60 days timeframe for the OL for Penna residents like me. How long have you been waiting for your OL? Did you ask for a name change?

He mentioned the standard 30-60 days timeframe for the OL for Penna residents like me. How long have you been waiting for your OL? Did you ask for a name change?

IntV Date- Oct 8th 2008 (Passsed)

No Name Change....

N-400 based on Marriage

DE Resident

That's quite a long wait for the oath! Did you try escalating to a supervisor during your infopass appointment to see what the issue might be?

That's quite a long wait for the oath! Did you try escalating to a supervisor during your infopass appointment to see what the issue might be?

Yes did all of that, but they said its a backlog for DE resident.
So lets see. I will hope it does not pass the 120 days, but if i dont hear from this month, i will try another info pass in January.

I am a very patient person. (but not in this situation).:)

Is the civics test a multiple choice test?

<snip>

<snip>

I'm phily resident and did the name change. Had the interview and passed on late oct. Still hasn't received the OL as of yet...

I know December oath ceremony was done a week ago. I am hoping for the january but if I don't get my letter by early january, I know then I have to hope for Feb since Jan oath is around middle of the month.

As far as I know, there are many people getting sworn in each month. I do believe it's simply backlog. just have to be patient. I'm also a patient person but can't help it because it's also making me anxous... oh well.

Most of time, The interview office will ask you the questions verbally, and you have to answer them verbally. If you are lucky, You will get a written test. But it's never a multiple choice. You will have to write the answers.

Your test could be different from rest of us here since you applied N400 after oct 2008. I believe the new test is more detailed and requires additional content to be questioned and answered. Has anybody taken the new test?

Is the civics test a multiple choice test?