Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

albertr: Yes, there is a name change. Are you also doing a name change?

My wife is doing a name change. She had the interview on 11/06 and still waiting for her oath letter...

When did you have your interview? Where will be your oath ceremony? At Callohill? What time and date? Thanks!

-albertr

albertr: Yes, there is a name change. Are you also doing a name change?

Congrats on your Oath Letter. I'm also doing the name change. Had the interview late October and still haven't received the letter yet although I was told that I should get it in November.

Realnewbie, Are you PA resident or DE resident? Where are you having a oath? If you are having an Oath next week, It can't be at the philadelphia court house. I thought there's only one Oath a month there and it's not scheduled for at least another couple of weeks. But then Of course, everybody says different thing...

Congrats on your Oath Letter. I'm also doing the name change. Had the interview late October and still haven't received the letter yet although I was told that I should get it in November.

Realnewbie, Are you PA resident or DE resident? Where are you having a oath? If you are having an Oath next week, It can't be at the philadelphia court house. I thought there's only one Oath a month there and it's not scheduled for at least another couple of weeks. But then Of course, everybody says different thing...

I dont think the name change delays anything. Because i am not having a name change, and i had my interview in October.

I feel USCIS Philly are just backlogged .....and Delaware applicants are not
a priority. U see if we had Dover USCIS DO Office (not satellite office) that handles N-400, we wouldn't be having these problem now.

albertr:
waiting4oath:
ucheojo1:

I am a PA resident, and my interview was in Philadelphia DO on Nov 3, but oath is not in Philadelphia since I don't live in the Philadelphia court jurisdiction area.

I believe these is a backlog. You can call the court (in the case of name change) and find out from them if your name figures in their ceremony list. Of course you should also get an oath letter. I hope you all get your oath letters soon.

albertr:
waiting4oath:
ucheojo1:

I am a PA resident, and my interview was in Philadelphia DO on Nov 3, but oath is not in Philadelphia since I don't live in the Philadelphia court jurisdiction area.

I believe these is a backlog. You can call the court (in the case of name change) and find out from them if your name figures in their ceremony list. Of course you should also get an oath letter. I hope you all get your oath letters soon.

To tell you the truth, the delay kind of makes us appreciate being U.S. Citz

When we get it, we wouldn't take it for granted.

question for waiting4oath

When is the december Oath date in DE (wilmington)?

did the lady tell you anything...?

I don't know the December Oath date in DE. I also do not know one for PA(philadelphia) either. I went to Philadelphia court district because that's where I will be sworn in due to the name change. I am PA resident.

The reason I know where I will sworn in is because I was told during my interview. but then everybody has been told me differently... so oh well... guess just have to wait...

Cross posting from a new thread, Thanks,

Hi Friends,

My wife will qualify for her Citizenship in mid July. We are currently living in the Newark office region. However, both our jobs are city agnostic and we would like to move somewhere which has better processing times.

We were thinking about South Jersey (Mt Laurel) or Delaware (Dover) in order to get her processed quicker.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which is the best option or alternatives?

Thanks a lot,

Julian

Cross posting from a new thread, Thanks,

Hi Friends,

My wife will qualify for her Citizenship in mid July. We are currently living in the Newark office region. However, both our jobs are city agnostic and we would like to move somewhere which has better processing times.

We were thinking about South Jersey (Mt Laurel) or Delaware (Dover) in order to get her processed quicker.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which is the best option or alternatives?

Thanks a lot,

Julian

Dont mind the processing times. I live in Dover and the Dover Office actually does not do interviews. They send you to Philly....due to this reason , Delaware has a backlog.

But Mt Laurel is better cause you get the opportunity to have your Oath day same day you have the interview.

With Dover you will be lucky to do that...and by the way all interviews for Dover are in Philly. And the chance of having the oath day same day for Delaware residence is very slim.

Thanks U,

That's very useful information, helps a lot, much appreciated, thanks.

Folks, any other comments would also be appreciated,

Thanks again,
Julian

Delaware court Next ceremony

I am not sure if this i encouraging....but according to my contact in Wilmington Court (US dist) 4th of december will be the last ceremony ....
the next one in that court house will be in March 2009.

Now i dont know if Delaware REsidents will have to do Oaths in Philly or somewhere else in Delaware.

But so far Info pass and IO have not given any other info. No one is explaining why the backlog on some cases.

Rigth now worse case senerio if after 120 days thats Feb 8th 2009 if i dont hear from them regarding my Oath ceremony, i will have to take it to next step ( the Writ of Mandamus- Delayed passed 120 days after interview) ... i will not even contact USCIS (read link)
http://www.bibdaily.com/pdfs/Atmeh 11-4-08.pdf

It's neither encourage or discouraging..

but simply frustrating...

The paper my interview officer gave me after I passed, it clearly states that I have a rights to hearing if I get the decision within 120 days...

just crossing my fingers....

I would like to say, we will all get it soon. ucheojo1, if not DE, who knows, you will probably get sworn in Philly.

I am not sure if this i encouraging....but according to my contact in Wilmington Court (US dist) 4th of december will be the last ceremony ....
the next one in that court house will be in March 2009.

Now i dont know if Delaware REsidents will have to do Oaths in Philly or somewhere else in Delaware.

But so far Info pass and IO have not given any other info. No one is explaining why the backlog on some cases.

Rigth now worse case senerio if after 120 days thats Feb 8th 2009 if i dont hear from them regarding my Oath ceremony, i will have to take it to next step ( the Writ of Mandamus- Delayed passed 120 days after interview) ... i will not even contact USCIS (read link)
http://www.bibdaily.com/pdfs/Atmeh 11-4-08.pdf