Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

No oath letter today either :mad: I guess that means I am the only one who didn't make it (guess I will really be giving MichaelDE company now). Anyway I have an InfoPass tomorrow and I intend to find out for sure.

-KM

Hi Kagemusha,

When you go to infopass do you mind asking the IO when the next oath may be. My priority date is two weeks after yours but have not got IV yet.
Thanks.

Hi Kagemusha,

When you go to infopass do you mind asking the IO when the next oath may be. My priority date is two weeks after yours but have not got IV yet.
Thanks.

Of course I will if they confirm that I didn't make it to the June ceremony. Even if by some miracle I did make it but the letter went missing I will make it a point to remember to ask.

-KM

Hi Cognac,

Congratulations!

Can you please add the following dates in your timeline please?

SC: VSC
Dist Off: Dover, DE
N-400 Mailed: 1/22/07
Priority Date: 1/24/07
Notice Date: 1/24/07
Priority Date letter received Date:
FP Notice Date: 2/2/07
Finger Print Notice received date:
FP Date: 2/17/07
Interview Notice Date: 4/19/07
Interview Notice received Date:
Interview Date: 5/9/07
Oath Notice Date: 5/18/07
Oath Notice Received Date:
Oath Date: 6/7/2007

Once again, Congratulations! I would appreciate your help on this.

Sincerely,
Subbiah.

Thanks everyone.

Now, I will be spending time sending notices of my name change and tracking my wife's case. She had to re-apply after a week due to a mistake in her application and is yet to receive a interview date.

COGNAC

My journey is over.

I became US citizen yesterday. My journey is over. It is surprise that there were 250 people in Delaware for oath. I guess that is the reason my case was held so long (almost 13 months). It really depends on your timing. I just applied greencard for my wife and my passport yesterday. Now the passport process time increase dramatically, but I am not in hurry.

Thank you veryone, and hope your process go smoothly. I guess if you are not stuck on name check, the longest waiting time is one year, most likely 5 months.

Kent

I became US citizen yesterday. My journey is over. It is surprise that there were 250 people in Delaware for oath. I guess that is the reason my case was held so long (almost 13 months). It really depends on your timing. I just applied greencard for my wife and my passport yesterday. Now the passport process time increase dramatically, but I am not in hurry.

Thank you veryone, and hope your process go smoothly. I guess if you are not stuck on name check, the longest waiting time is one year, most likely 5 months.

Kent

Kent, congratulations! I would correct you though on the longest timing estimate. I will be through 15 months wait in total if they get me in for September 6th Oath.

Congratulations again to all DE guys who attended yesterday's Oath.

Congratulations kenttina ! MichaelDE I guess I will be giving you company waiting for the September oath (not the same one but I figure the next one in Philly will be in the same timeframe). My InfoPass today was useless. The lady just confirmed that my case is still in queue for oath scheduling but nothing beyond that. For some reason they were not able to fit me into the mega oath ceremony on June 14 although my case was as straight-forward as you could imagine and interview was a month earlier than oath (people with less gap than that made it to the previous oath ceremony). No point trying to see a rhyme or reason in the way USCIS works I guess.

I did ask about the next oath but got no answer ("I don't know sir").

-KM

Congratulations kenttina ! MichaelDE I guess I will be giving you company waiting for the September oath (not the same one but I figure the next one in Philly will be in the same timeframe). My InfoPass today was useless. The lady just confirmed that my case is still in queue for oath scheduling but nothing beyond that. For some reason they were not able to fit me into the mega oath ceremony on June 14 although my case was as straight-forward as you could imagine and interview was a month earlier than oath (people with less gap than that made it to the previous oath ceremony). No point trying to see a rhyme or reason in the way USCIS works I guess.

I did ask about the next oath but got no answer ("I don't know sir").

-KM

Kagemusha, believe me I know it sucks. I would however say your Infopass was somewhat usefull since you know that you are not missing your ceremony.

Otherwise I agree, nobody understands USCIS process which is may be in part due to the fact that they are not particulaly interested in giving you too much info. This gives them a little bit of flexibility. Imagine if they are entirely transparent and you find out that you have to wait additional 4 months because an IO, who is processing your file, took a few days off before Memorial Day. I would be demanding to assign me to someone else in my IO's absence. I do not think they will want that kind of constant interference from us.

This is just my feel on this. And no, I do not believe that this is a fair process.

Kagemusha, I know (at least for me) it is another 3 months wait, so even nothing is happening, I will visit the forum from time to time, trying to keep you company, amonst other things.

Good luck and do not feel bad - you are still moving at pretty good pace.

VSC (Philly)

RD:Aug 30,2006
FD:Oct, 2006
FP;Nov,2006
Interview time;Feb 7, 2007
Oath ceremony;April 4, 2007
Passport Application: April 7, 2007

OCI Timeline:

Date Of Acknowledgment 22-MAY-2007
Registration Status Granted On 25-MAY-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 24-MAY-2007
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 25-MAY-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 26-MAY-2007
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 31-MAY-2007

Donald Monica, district director of the USCIS Philadelphia office, said from eight to 10 smaller ceremonies granting 50 to 70 people citizenship are held at the agency's office at 16th and Callowhill Streets each month. He said Philadelphia USCIS grants 11,000 to 13,000 legal residents citizenship annually and that large ceremonies like yesterday's are held three to four times a year.

This is excerpted from an article in Philadelphia Enquirer about the April 4 naturalization ceremony that many members of this forum attended. I am assuming that the June 14 one is another major ceremony with thousands of people being naturalized. Has anyone heard of the smaller ceremonies held at the USCIS office itself ?

UPDATE: I looked through some of the older posts on this thread and it seems that while most people made it into one of the mega ceremonies, there are quite a few that took their oath in one of the smaller ceremonies at Callowhill.

-KM

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Any one waiting/got the interview letter for application(s) posted in end of Jan 2007.... I am still waiting for my IL... Please post the details if any one applied with same timeline...

================
Posted from: Devon, PA (Philadelphia Area)
Posted: 1/30/2007
Received at Vermont: 1/31/2007
Finger Printing: 2/22/2007 (Cleared by FBI on the same day)
Interview letter: waiting

I have been trying to post since a few days ago, but I had some problems registering and getting my account straight. Anyways, this is important, for the people that expected to be scheduled in the June 14th Oath Ceremony in Philadelphia and never received the letter. I was one of those cases who didn't receive the letter. I went today to the Immigration Office (Infopass) to find out that I was in fact scheduled for the June 14th ceremony. The IO arranged to get me a dupplicate letter which took 1/2 hour and I was out with the letter. I advice to anyone in this situation not to assume that they didn't make it. Please get an Infopass appointment and find out for sure. They have many openings and you could even get appointment on the same day. Good luck!

Wow jgalvez, that is weird but thanks for posting ! When was your interview date ? I did an InfoPass just this past Friday and was told I wasn't scheduled for any oath ceremonies yet. I don't know if another InfoPass would give me a different answer (InfoPass isn't too convenient for me as I live over an hour from Philly).

-KM

jgalvez,

You profile doesn't have any contact info (to send PMs) and I am not sure if you will be keeping an eye on these posts before the oath on Thursday. I am trying to determine if yours is a case of the letter being sent on time and getting lost in the mail or a case of last minute scheduling for the June 14 oath (wouldn't rule anything out when it comes to USCIS !).

When I had my InfoPass last week I was told that they were still scheduling people for the June 14 oath but I took that with a grain of salt because I couldn't imagine them sending oath letters out less than a week before the oath. But then again I had a hard time imagining that I was not one of the 2500 people taking the oath (this is no small ceremony) especially after all the older backlog was cleared by the April 4 mega ceremony.

I am wondering if I should give InfoPass another shot say tomorrow but that will depend on whether your interview date was before or after mine. As you can probably tell I was really desperate to make it to this oath (not being able to make it throws a monkey wrench into my marriage plans) but I had pretty much given up hope after my InfoPass. Your post raises the remote possibility that they might still fit me in at the last minute but I am not sure if it is worth going to Philly again to explore that possibility (I probably won't).

-KM

Moving back along this thread you will see that a couple of individuals who applied in January have taken their oaths already, meanwhile Hiddentiger and myself whose priority dates are 9 weeks and 7 weeks ahead of yours, respectively, have heard nothing since fingerprinting. Back in Jan./Feb. two other individuals reported priority dates in late Nov./early Dec. but have not posted any updates since then, my guess is that their cases have moved through the system - let's face it, what keeps most of us glued to this forum is the anxiety from all that waiting and not knowing what's happening...

Hi All,

Any one waiting/got the interview letter for application(s) posted in end of Jan 2007.... I am still waiting for my IL... Please post the details if any one applied with same timeline...

================

KM, my interview date was on April 5th. and at the time the IO said that I would most likely be scheduled for the June 14th. date. So, I figured they lost my letter in the mail. I don't know about Immigrations scheduling people last minute, and I didn't mean to sound like saying that. All I am saying is that there is still opportunity to make an appointment with the Immigrations Office to make sure yours is not a case of a letter lost in the mail, which you said you did already. But who knows, if it is that important to you to make it to the Thursday's ceremony, it might pay off to double check again on last minute's scheduling...

jgalvez,

That helps. Yes, I did do an InfoPass last week and they confirmed that I wasn't scheduled for an oath yet. So I guess my earlier comments were just wishful thinking on my part. Given that your interview was in April, there is absolutely no reason for you not to make it to the June 14 ceremony and so I am glad you got some positive news at your InfoPass. In my case I think I am somehow past the cut-off date and so I am just going to wait for the oath letter to show up for the next ceremony whenever it is.

-KM

Hi All,

================

PD-Feb 14, 2007
FP-March 22, 2007
IL- Waiting

I'm not sure what do you mean by "Cleared by FBI on the same day" How do you know this?