Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hi
I have to file for my 7th year extension and passport is valid for 7 more months. I have sent the passport for extension

Meanwhile will it be a problem if I file the H1b extension?
You may extend your h1b status without a passport if you're not planning on leaving the country (i.e., no visa). I think you can do it no more than 6 months prior to expiration.

Need Expert Opinion/Answer

I have LC application pending at PBEC filed in JUNE 2002, NY, EB3/RIR and is still "IN PROCESS". I am in 6th year of H1B and have lost patience:( .

I have 8.5 months left towards completion of 6th Year on H1B. I am planning to apply in PERM under EB2 next week since i have US Masters degree just to have backup.

Question:

If my 1st application gets denied from PBEC for any reason, but my labor from 2nd application in PERM gets approved under EB2 within next 8.5 months, can i apply for 7th year extension based on approved LC in PERM under EB2?.

OR

i am not eligible for 7th year extension even with approved labor from PERM since my 2nd Labor Under PERM was not pending for more than a year and i will have to leave US?

Please advise.

NY/EB3/RIR
PD: June 2002
45 Day: Jan 2006
Online Status " IN PROCESS"
Time since Departure : 5 years

Finally!

Hi,

Finally I saw some light in this long dark tunnel when I saw my online status change to 'CERTIFIED'. My details are in my signature.

I pray that all of the people come out of this black hole.

Now in the wait(hopefully not endless again) for the actual papers...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the information and support that I have seen on this forum.

PD: 22 July 2003
RIR/EB-2/CA

Keep hope

If my 1st application gets denied from PBEC for any reason, but my labor from 2nd application in PERM gets approved under EB2 within next 8.5 months, can i apply for 7th year extension based on approved LC in PERM under EB2?.
Dear Blackhole,
Why do you think your case will be denied? I fully understand your pain as I myself went through all the pains. I am sure the labor petitions will not be denied, but are being delayed. It is easier said than done to advice.

But please do not lose hope. I am sure your application will not be denied. DOL does not have time and money to fight thousands of cases in the court. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Finally I saw some light in this long dark tunnel when I saw my online status change to 'CERTIFIED'. My details are in my signature.

RIR/EB-2/CA
Congrats... I hope you get your LC Cert soon. Hurry and keep all your documents ready so that you can file your 140/485 ASAP.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Did you get any NOF?

Did you get any NOF? What was your status with the latest screen shot?

I am waiting with June 2004 EB2 priority date.

Hi,

RIR/EB-2/CA

Whats next in the labor certification process???????

Congratulations !!!! Gentleman_gc

Can you please answer my question if you have any clue about it?

I am a new bee to this forum..Not sure about the labor certification process.
I have access to my lawyer's website to check the recent status on my labor. The latest status I have is

5/30/2007 Filed back to BEC for final approval.
5/23/2007 Recruitment Report letter and G-28 to be signed by manager sent.
5/14/2007 Signed job notice posting received.
5/14/2007 Newspaper ads received.
4/18/2007 Newspaper ad sent. Publish Dates: 4/27-29

What is next? Are they missing anything? Does anyone know how long it will take after sending Recruitment Report letter and G-28?????

Thanks
varsityboys
EB2-TR
ETA-P*******

Hi,

RIR/EB-2/CA

Hi,

My case was in RIR, so I didn't have to go through the TR process. I am sure someone whose Labor got cleared by PBEC using TR will be able to answer your queries.

Good luck!

Congratulations !!!! Gentleman_gc

Can you please answer my question if you have any clue about it?

I am a new bee to this forum..Not sure about the labor certification process.
I have access to my lawyer's website to check the recent status on my labor. The latest status I have is

5/30/2007 Filed back to BEC for final approval.
5/23/2007 Recruitment Report letter and G-28 to be signed by manager sent.
5/14/2007 Signed job notice posting received.
5/14/2007 Newspaper ads received.
4/18/2007 Newspaper ad sent. Publish Dates: 4/27-29

What is next? Are they missing anything? Does anyone know how long it will take after sending Recruitment Report letter and G-28?????

Thanks
varsityboys
EB2-TR
ETA-P*******

i find out my case is lost in nov 2006
my lawer sent screen shot to Pbec
and they reopen the case. and now i am waiting for it

45 days letter was sent 01/20/07
pd 2001

Wake up Immigration Reform Bill

Hello Everybody,
If you are currently waiting for your Labor to clear, you should be aware that the language of the new bill essentially tells you that as of May 21st, if the I140 has not been filed your application will be discarded and
a new application under the new system will have to be filed. I just wanted to make everyone aware of the situation.

I am glad the Bill is currently stalled. But there is talk of reviving it. The main problem is that people do not know of our situation, and how we will be affected because of it.

I am planning to call my local state senators offices, and explaining the situation, that the changes put in the bill for High tech workers, will kill the process for people currently in the system. This will affect a lot of people.

This is really a travesty, compared to the fact when illegal aliens are having extraordinary measured passed so that they can stay. The changes in this bill for our case will cause a lot of people who have been waiting for a long time to leave.

Please call your local office of the senator, and speak to the staff, and explain the situation. To atleast amend the situation, so that people who have filed for their GC from Labor stage, should be allowed to continue.

For all practical purposes Labor is the start of the GC process, and not I-140.
I cannot understand why they have not set up rules of this sort.

You can find the phone numbers of senators from http://senate.gov

All the best, and please post your suggestions, as to how we should proceed.

I had a conversation with Aman Kapoor of immigrationvoice.com and he had suggested this route for me. You can call him at the phone number posted there.

---Let us raise awareness of the impact of the current language on high
skilled immigrants.

This is not over, as in some shape the bill will be reintroduced.

What does Stalled mean?..

What does "Stalled" mean?
Can people apply for 140 if they get their labor approved today???

Just to confirm..
ANybody who applies 140 after May 21st have to re apply their labor under perm and their priority date is lost..?..

Can u please link us to the reform bill details?.

Thanks very much for informing us.

Hi,

RIR/EB-2/CA

HI!
when did you send them a 45 day letter or last time send any letter to them
becuase i think i am very similar situation like yours
my case is RIR
my case was lost by them and they created new case
and send me a 45 day letter in Jan 2007
which i replied on 20th jan 2007
and now i am waiting

What does "Stalled" mean?
What he meant to say is that the immigration bill did not pass preliminary hearing and was slowed down, but it was not dismissed yet since there are still some senators that advocate for it. I agree with psgupta9 in that we should not drop the ball now and continue to push this bill off the senate floor to make sure it goes away for good. At the current stage, since it hasn't passed we are safe.

Can people apply for 140 if they get their labor approved today???
To the best of my knowledge, you may file for I-140 premium processing if you have an original LC paperwork.

My 45-Day letter was sent way back in Feb 2005. Didn't send them anything thereafter...

Looking at your statistics, the approval should be on way soon...

Best wishes!

HI!
when did you send them a 45 day letter or last time send any letter to them
becuase i think i am very similar situation like yours
my case is RIR
my case was lost by them and they created new case
and send me a 45 day letter in Jan 2007
which i replied on 20th jan 2007
and now i am waiting

Is my case lost?

Hello All,
We received the 45 day letter in 2005 and my employer sent a response immediately. Is it possible that they may have lost my file?

PD: Sept 2003.
RIR
Status "IN PROCESS"

Thanks
Srim

Hello All,
We received the 45 day letter in 2005 and my employer sent a response immediately. Is it possible that they may have lost my file?

PD: Sept 2003.
RIR
Status "IN PROCESS"

Thanks
Srim

i think your lawyer should call the PBEC to clarify this matter.