Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Certified :)

My online status changed to CERTIFIED just a little while ago. Here are my stats for anyone who's interested:

NJ/EB3/Non RIR
PD: 12/23/03
ETA: P-05143-*****
45D letter - Never recd
Found out tht my case was closed by calling 202 ph. no - 07/28/06
Case reopened after mailing Nobeccontact - 08/04/06
RI recd - Around 11/15/06
AJB ad posted - 12/16/06
No idea when my lawyers ran the ad in the local papers.
No idea when recruitment report instruction was sent by PBEC
Recruitment report sent to PBEC - 12/24/07
Certified (online status) - 02/01/07

Its been quite a journey so far and I know I still have a long way to go. This forum has been a tremendous help to me and I've learnt so much fm all of u. Thanks for all ur help :)

I hope and pray tht you all get ur labors certified very, very soon. Good luck to all of us in getting out of this mess soon)......

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple questions:

1) I have seen people talk about "screen shots". Sounds like the screen shots of our applications? If so, how do I get the screen shot?

2) I have heard about this september BEC deadline? Does it mean that all of the backlogged LCs should be certified by this september?

Thanks

Hold long more ?

My Case was filed on Mar, 2005
Case number: P-05223-XXXXX

Would anybody have an estimate time on when should I receive the certification?

What these numbers actually mean ? 522,3XX,XXX people ? Meaning that certifications now are 517,378,XXX where there are almost 5mm people ahead of me ?

If anyody knows the answer, please let me know.

Thanks,

Certified

My online status shows CERTIFIED. Thanks to everybody, this forum has been a great help to me. I wish and pray each and everyone here gets approvals soon. See you in next forums.

Labor approved

My case got approved on January 31st.
EB3 Non RIR
PD: May 2003
MA SESA
I dont know any other details of my case as my lawyer doesnt tell us anything except the approval details. I have been a silent reader of this forum.This forum has helped me a lot. Thankyou everyone. Goodluck to everyone waiting for their labor certification.

How to interpret the case number

P-05200-xxxxx

P: Where your case is located (P for Philliy, D for Dallas centers),
05: Year your case was entered in to the system,
200: Day in that year your case was entered,
xxxxx: 5 digit case ID. that does not really mean anything. Its just an auto number that gets assigned when they enter the cases into the system. It helps maintain unique case numbers. That number resets every 99999 cases.

so now a case number like P-05200-xxxxx means, that case was entered into DOL database by Philly Center on July 19, 2005.

BrazUSA said:
My Case was filed on Mar, 2005
Case number: P-05223-XXXXX

Would anybody have an estimate time on when should I receive the certification?

What these numbers actually mean ? 522,3XX,XXX people ? Meaning that certifications now are 517,378,XXX where there are almost 5mm people ahead of me ?

If anyody knows the answer, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mine is 04289 which was entered in 2004 and the 289th day which is October 16. Guess what ,........I am still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolmaro said:
P-05200-xxxxx

P: Where your case is located (P for Philliy, D for Dallas centers),
05: Year your case was entered in to the system,
200: Day in that year your case was entered,
xxxxx: 5 digit case ID. that does not really mean anything. Its just an auto number that gets assigned when they enter the cases into the system. It helps maintain unique case numbers. That number resets every 99999 cases.

so now a case number like P-05200-xxxxx means, that case was entered into DOL database by Philly Center on July 19, 2005.

Question about SWA

Can anyone tell me what the purpose was of the now non-existing SWA (state workforce agency)? If your case passed the SWA and went to regional and then to BEC what are your chances of you not getting approved????

How can you ask the lady in PBEC to open her mouth?

I tried to call her several times. She refused to tell me my case status. Do you gurus have some tips to open her mouth?

Congratulation!

gcatlast said:
My online status shows CERTIFIED. Thanks to everybody, this forum has been a great help to me. I wish and pray each and everyone here gets approvals soon. See you in next forums.

Congrats! All the best for next steps.

called PBEC

i called PBEC(202-693-3010), they told that, they sent NOF on 20th NOV and they didn't recieved till 24th JaN 2007, then they denied.

as per my lawyer, they didn't recieved any NOF or Denied letter etc from PBEC, lawyer wants to wait for Denial letter.

but gut feeling is, we don't recieve Denial letter also, beceause we changed to location in the same area 3 years ago and in 45DL they didn't informed PBEC for Address change, so probably NOF or Denial letter is comming to old address, so it wont reach us.

my lawyer don't want to call PBEC to find out the situation, but as per my conversation with PBEC person, my lawyer has to call PBEC and act as per theire guidence.

still i am pressuring my lawyer to call PBEC, i am waiting for his response.

Regards
NJGC2001- AUG-2002-NJ

mssk said:
I am in the same situation as your's.
My case was denied on Nov 22nd and till date the status shows Denied online.
My lawyer called BEC and found that they had sent a NOF and denied the case 35 days after since they didn't receive a response. My Lawyer nor employer received any NOF/Denial letter.

My lawyer is waiting to hear from BEC. Thats the latest :(
my PD : Nov 2002

lsk said:
My case got approved on January 31st.
EB3 Non RIR
PD: May 2003
MA SESA
I dont know any other details of my case as my lawyer doesnt tell us anything except the approval details. I have been a silent reader of this forum.This forum has helped me a lot. Thankyou everyone. Goodluck to everyone waiting for their labor certification.

can you send me a msg with the name of your lawyer? I have the same problem than you. It this person from Miami?

5 yrs of waiting and now NOF

Hi all
I've been following this forum for a couple of months. Its a veritable goldmine of information.
Today I received an email from the company lawyer telling me that he had received an NOF for my case. He has laid out the strategy for the rebuttal. I just wonder what percentage of NOF cases get certified?

If it does work out what are the chances my son will "age out"? He turns 21 in Feb 2009.

nyoct2001 said:
Hi all
I've been following this forum for a couple of months. Its a veritable goldmine of information.
Today I received an email from the company lawyer telling me that he had received an NOF for my case. He has laid out the strategy for the rebuttal. I just wonder what percentage of NOF cases get certified?

If it does work out what are the chances my son will "age out"? He turns 21 in Feb 2009.

You should be more concerned about Retrogression than delaying labor for a month or so.

Just called the 202 number and the guy told me that he could not tell me when I can expect my case to be approved. PD 02/04. I told him that right now they are approving cases of 05. His answer was that it is not uncommon for that to happen and that the backlog will be done by 09/07 so hopefully my case gets approved by then he said. That is so much BSSSSSS.
I told him that I am trying to find out how much longer because INS will be increasing their fees by as much as 70% and I want to be able to file the paper before that. He was not aware of that and told me that they are seperate from INS. Duh, I knew that.
So much BSSS for us law-abiding tax-paying legal aliens that nobody cares about.
Just my 2 cents on this nasty cold Friday afternoon.

I just called PBEC this afternoon. The guy from PBEC asked what's my status online. I told him it's pending and PD is March 1, 2004. I asked him why my case was skipped since I have seen quite a few approvals for 2005 cases. He denied that there are any 2005 approvals (he lied!), and he said that the review strictly followed the PD(he lied again!!). He said that some cases may take longer to process. At the end, he promised that the BEC would be closed in September.

202 #

agron said:
Just called the 202 number and the guy told me that he could not tell me when I can expect my case to be approved. PD 02/04. I told him that right now they are approving cases of 05. His answer was that it is not uncommon for that to happen and that the backlog will be done by 09/07 so hopefully my case gets approved by then he said. That is so much BSSSSSS.
I told him that I am trying to find out how much longer because INS will be increasing their fees by as much as 70% and I want to be able to file the paper before that. He was not aware of that and told me that they are seperate from INS. Duh, I knew that.
So much BSSS for us law-abiding tax-paying legal aliens that nobody cares about.
Just my 2 cents on this nasty cold Friday afternoon.

Hi
I have made several attempts to reach BEC at 202 693 3010 and everytime it goes to voice mail. Are you guys calling somebody at a specific extention. If so could you please pass on his/her ext# so I can discuss my case.
Thanks very much.
PD : Nov 2002 NJ

PBECIsKillingMe said:
You should be more concerned about Retrogression than delaying labor for a month or so.

So you're indicating that chances of labor being certified after NOF are pretty good?
But its likely that my son will age out?

nyoct2001 said:
So you're indicating that chances of labor being certified after NOF are pretty good?
But its likely that my son will age out?

chances of clearning NOF are good. If you are from retrogressed country than 485 is major concern.

I just called 202-693-3010. Got a lady. Told her that I would like some info on the status of a case. She told me to hold, connected me with a guy, I gave him the same info. He asked what letter. I said P, he told me to hold. Got connected to another guy. I gave him the number. He looked it up and gave me the name that goes with the number and said it's in process. I deliberately didn't give the name, to make sure that he actually looks it up and not just say something. I was surprised that I got a life person on the line this time because in the past I had been connnected to a stupid voice mail machine.
mssk said:
Hi
I have made several attempts to reach BEC at 202 693 3010 and everytime it goes to voice mail. Are you guys calling somebody at a specific extention. If so could you please pass on his/her ext# so I can discuss my case.
Thanks very much.
PD : Nov 2002 NJ