Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Sumanthj said:
Online status shows Certified :) . I hope my attonery will receive approval papers soon and I'm shocked that my NOF reappeal was processed so quickly.

Mine NOF was replied on January10th and still in process....damn..

FEB2002/RIR/EB3/VA/45 DAYS FEB 2005

Anybody else around June 2004 RIR still waiting?

Looks like my case is skipped. Anybody else? Is NOF the only thing I can expect now?

What's the deadline of PEC processing? Is it still September this year?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 7 Yr extension Help!! Recapture time???

Hi,

My employer submited i129 to extend my 7th year H1 visa. Along with the application, we also try to recapture about three month of time that I spend my vacation outside the US last 6 years.

My office just received a letter from USCIS to request for more information about my case. It seems they are not satisfied with the evidences we sent for the H1 recapure time. They want a copy of every single page from my passport .

My question is if it is possible that I can just ask them to extend my H1 for 1 year and ignore the recapture since I lost my old passport and not able to submit all the copies they asked? and how do I do that?

Thanks!

My case converted from RIR to TR

My PD is April 2004. All these days my case was In Process under RIR. Today it shows as In Process under TR. How will things change now? Are we to expect some new instructions from PBEC? Thanks.

What does recruitment process complete mean?

If the employer wrote a letter summarizing the recruitment process, internal and external job posting were done, does this mean the recruitment process complete?

Urgent.

I just went to the congressman office and told them to call the PBEC, and they did. The woman who called said that my lawyer recieved a 35 day letter which my freaking lawyer never responded too. so now i just called my lawyer and she'll respond back. i'll update you on what she'll say.

but does anyone know what is this 35 day letter about?????

May 2004 RIR here...

you are not alone... check my signature

lavendersummer said:
Looks like my case is skipped. Anybody else? Is NOF the only thing I can expect now?

What's the deadline of PEC processing? Is it still September this year?

Thanks.

My company has been been bought over

Dear fellow-sufferers!
this nightmare of the GC process has new twists every week!!!

I have seen this ? posted before and did not care to read the responses thinkign it ain't gonna happen to me...
well here I am with a pending labor and this week my company annoucned its been bought over by another company (which is larger and has a global presence)

appreciate it if you gurus can answer some ?s for me:

- what happens if my LC is aproved from first company?

- Do I need to restart the whole Labor process with PERM?
OR
- can I use the approved LC from 1st organization and use it for the next stages of 140/485 retaining my PD but as an emaployee of the new company ?

- my 7th yr extension was filed jsut last wek. do I need to file a NEW h1 ext for the new company?

apprecaite your responses.
Many thanks

News on Labor Substitution Elimation

If you guys have not already read this from http://www.immigration-law.com :

01/29/2007: Special Alert: DOL Submitted "Final" Regulation of Substitution Elimination Rule to OMB on 01/26/2007

* Since this is a final rule, upon approval by OMB, the elimination of substitution and 45-day validity of certified labor certification will be triggered. Take this message as a very special alert! This rule will not only eliminate substitutition on the OMB approval and release in the Federal Register but also kill the certified labor certification unless it is used within 45 days from the date of certification! Please stay tuned to this web site reporting.
* The planned implementation day appears to be April 2007. But it can be earlier!
* If the final rule retains the proposed rule, those pending substitution I-140 cases which fail to obtain approval can be jeopardized!

Sorry to hear that buddy.

I remember reading here about continuation of employment/GC-Process based on the the fact that the previous companies interests are still being served by the company that bought it over. Your new company may have to file an amendment to your pending labor application and or the H1 extension stating continuation of interest. Better talk to an attorney and get your facts cleared and then talk to your Boss/new HR/company legal group.

Goodluck!

BarneySha said:
Dear fellow-sufferers!

I have seen this ? posted before and did not care to read the responses thinkign it ain't gonna happen to me...
well here I am with a pending labor and this week my company annoucned its been bought over by another company (which is larger and has a global presence)

OR
- can I use the approved LC from 1st organization and use it for the next stages of 140/485 retaining my PD but as an emaployee of the new company ?

- my 7th yr extension was filed jsut last wek. do I need to file a NEW h1 ext for the new company?

Many thanks

BarneySha said:
Dear fellow-sufferers!

OR

Many thanks

Relax: This happens a lot. Your lawyer and company will have to file a succession of interest. What this entails is: Letting DOL/USCIS know that the new company is taking over all the legal proceedings of the old company. This happens very regularly, not just for immigration purposes, but also for all other legal issues. lets say you currently work for Company A and Company B is taking over Company B.
- You mentioned that the new company is a global company. That works to your benefit.
- The announcements about mergers takeover get made way in advance. At a min there has to be a 3 to 4 month period after the announcement before companies can merge. This is for all the regulatory bodies to give their approval.
- Whether you refile your H1 depends on a whole bunch of factors. Many a times the 2 companies do not merge legally for a while. Some companies may just be merged as 'wholly owned subsidiaries'. What this means is - you will work for company B, but company A as a legal entity still exists. If thats the case, then for all immigration purposes you will still file as company A (mentioning that you are a wholly owned subsidiary of Compny B)

Either way, this is a common occurance and your lawyer/HR people will know exactly what to do.

CAVEAT: If company B does not want to follow up on Green card processing, then its a completely different case.

Similar situation happened in my company. lawyer said that as long as tax id number did not change, no need to worry. in our case, just ownership changed and tax id remained the same as before.

denied

Hi

applied from NJ in Aug 2002, recieved and replied 45DL in sep 2005.
all these days it's in process, suddenly friday showing Denied,
any body knows the reason for this.
i called my legal department, they didn't recieved any thing from PBEC, they want's to wait until the dinied letter comes act as per letter.

pl. suggest if you guys knows any this about this denied.

Regards
njgc2001/NJ/AUG2002/45DL Sep2005

very unfortunate

njgc2001 said:
Hi

i called my legal department, they didn't recieved any thing from PBEC, they want's to wait until the dinied letter comes act as per letter.

Regards

njgc2001, so sorry to hear the unfortunate news that too after you waited for so long. But there is nothing you can do at this point except to wait for the denial letter, the letter will have the exact reason for denial which you/lawyer can appeal.

Do not loose heart yet, I remember many postings where cases were denied/closed and then reopened.

Best of luck.

Sorry to hear this..

njgc2001 said:
Hi

Regards

I am in the same situation as your's.
My case was denied on Nov 22nd and till date the status shows Denied online.
My lawyer called BEC and found that they had sent a NOF and denied the case 35 days after since they didn't receive a response. My Lawyer nor employer received any NOF/Denial letter.

My lawyer is waiting to hear from BEC. Thats the latest :(
my PD : Nov 2002

question.

Hey everyone,

For all the TR\Non-RIR cases when receiving recruitment instructions did you lawyer received the instructions or did your manager did? I really need to know this. Thank You ahead of time.

My PD is March 1, 2004 EB2-RIR. My case is still pending. Since the trend already passed me, I am really afraid that the status changes to Denied. :(