Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

2002calabor said:
Probably some of the old timers on this forum remember me. My labor got approved end of Oct 06 after waiting for over 4 years. I kinda knew in my heart that between the lawyer and company HR they will take at least 3 months to file 140/485. Guess what its been 3 months and they are still trying to put together all the forms. They have asked me to be patient while they work on meeting a DOL deadline for BEC cases (wonder what it is ... ). The HR also doesn't give a s*** about our plight.

I am so mad today. I have made up my mind that once I get my GC finally(which could be at least a year) I will post feedback about my lawyer publicly. I also plan on complaining about the current HR manager to her senior management. For now I can't afford to antagonize any of them.

*** SIGH ***
Sorry fellows, had to let some steam out. I know PBEC forum is a place where I feel at home and there are ppl who understand our plight.
Dude, I feel your pain. I have several of those emails drafted and ready to go whenever I feel I am ready to taken them on. For now, I am a slave to my circumstances and have to kiss their you-know-what for my own vested interests. For whatever its worth, I have found ways to make my company pay...ways that I would never use in good faith. But there isn't much faith left...is there now?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the sympathetic words. Actually, I am not so pissed with my company in general. Its an ok job with a good boss. Its the HR and the lawyer I am pissed with.

The truth is anyone who understands how stuck we are tries to abuse us. My manager is completely unaware of immigration business so doesn't try to take advantage. HR manager on the other hand knows and is so arrogant. The same is true for the lawyers.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Dude, I feel your pain. I have several of those emails drafted and ready to go whenever I feel I am ready to taken them on. For now, I am a slave to my circumstances and have to kiss their you-know-what for my own vested interests. For whatever its worth, I have found ways to make my company pay...ways that I would never use in good faith. But there isn't much faith left...is there now?

2002calabor said:
thanks for the sympathetic words. Actually, I am not so pissed with my company in general. Its an ok job with a good boss. Its the HR and the lawyer I am pissed with.

The truth is anyone who understands how stuck we are tries to abuse us. My manager is completely unaware of immigration business so doesn't try to take advantage. HR manager on the other hand knows and is so arrogant. The same is true for the lawyers.

2002calabor, you are not alone. I'm at the same position at you, I can't file my I-140 yet due to the company lack of action. My labor cert got approved back in November last year and the Approval letter come in within a week of my approval and yet till today no paperwork request by my lawyer has been completed :p what can I say :p we are in the mercy of the company. Just hope that we all can get out from this mess.

Also from PA here. PD 02/04. Hope to hear something soon here. I am tired of waiting.
P-04289-21***

bplboy said:
Hi All,

Just want to share good news that my labor is approved and my att got all the papers in that regard. Not sure actual date of approval but looks like it got approved end of Dec,2006.

Thanks to all and wish every one good luck in this process.

Add me to the BEC tracker

manwithnoname, please add me to the BEC tracker.

CA EB-2 RIR
PD Nov 2002
RD Oct 2003
P-04321-XXXXX

PBEC helpline says that it went to an analyst in May 2006 but still waiting...

hello

congratulation for labro certification.
you had NOF , can you tell me what was that for ? also tell how did u rebutted ...i just got NOF ....I THINK MIGHT BE U CAN HELP ME.

THANKS.

aycy said:
Guys,

After months of waiting not only I received my labor cert documents, I also received a letter from William Carlson, Administrator, Office of Foreign Labor Certification. He basically said my case has been certified and it was sent to my lawyer on January 5'07. He also apologized for the inconveniences and the delay in getting back to me. Imagine this is his follow up to my formal inquiry to him back in September 2006 about when and who the documents were sent to upon certification. I suppose the documents were not mailed out as acknowledged by him in his letter to me back in September 2006.

That's so nice of him being the architect of the backlog process and it takes him more than 4 months to finally sort out my case. Good luck to you all guys.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Certified on August 9, 2006
Finally received the letter and ETA 750 Part A on January 8’07 with post mark Jan 5’07
:mad:

HI , CAN YOU TELL ME , FOR WHAT YOU HAD NOF , I JUST GOT NOF ....I NEED HELP ...CAN YOU TELL ME HOW DID U REBUTTED NOF......PLEASE

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

khogaye said:
I have been trying PBEC at 484-270-1500 but no one is picking up the phone. Has it been changed??

I am just replied NOF and waiting for their reply.

VA/FEB2002/RIR/EB3

I can not believe this.... I was told by DOL that they sent two letters/NOF and my employer and attorney are denying getting any! I dont know, whom to believe. PBEC has a checkered record of sending letters.

Has any one had a similar experience, BEC sending letter TWICE and never reaching the recepient !!!!

Either way, I got an NOF, not sure why. Have my fingers crossed

Can you please tell me the number or how to contact PBEC helpline????
Thanks.

all_or_nothing said:
manwithnoname, please add me to the BEC tracker.

CA EB-2 RIR
PD Nov 2002
RD Oct 2003
P-04321-XXXXX

PBEC helpline says that it went to an analyst in May 2006 but still waiting...

DOL_0903 said:
I can not believe this.... I was told by DOL that they sent two letters/NOF and my employer and attorney are denying getting any! I dont know, whom to believe. PBEC has a checkered record of sending letters.

Has any one had a similar experience, BEC sending letter TWICE and never reaching the recepient !!!!

Either way, I got an NOF, not sure why. Have my fingers crossed
BEC claimed to have sent my 45-day letter as well as case-closure notice to both my attorney and employer, and neither of them ever received any letter (I verifed the addresses with BEC and they were correct). You are not alone, just one among hundreds.

My Lawyer and my boss are the most EVIL people I have encountered in my life. And the S.O.B boss is an Indian who came to the USA the same way as me. I am in my 7th year of H1-B, and been waiting for 3+ years for my LC to get certified.

Last may when I get to get my 7th year extension, I had asked my boss to sign the paper work and give me the appropriate fees (no more than a few hundred dollars), this S.O.B makes over $400,000+ a year, told me I have no money in my business accounts, I have to bill/invoice a few clients, than I will give you your check for the fee’s once he got his invoice money, and I was 9 days away to the end of my 6th year on H1-B. I had to pay.

When I originally submitted my LC paper work, it stood on his desk for 13 month, 3 days, before he signed it. For almost 9 months I begged him every week to sign this, I even had to get my dad to call this M.F*.KER to beg him to sign the paper work. I am stuck in this shit and cannot wait to finish. The day I leave, IT’S ON man! He will end up in hospital.

The lawyer is the same, got her money and have not heard ANYTHING for over three years, called her, emailed her, wrote to her….NOTHING! Am ready for these idiots, my turn will come!

I feel for all of you people.

PD: JAN 04
EB3 TR
45 day letter: March 06

dec 2004 / RIR / CERTIFIED

my spouse's RIR filed on Dec 1/ 2004 shows up CERTIFIED!!!!
State - CT

our turn will come folks! hang in there

vp.architect said:
My Lawyer and my boss are the most EVIL people I have encountered in my life. And the S.O.B boss is an Indian who came to the USA the same way as me. I am in my 7th year of H1-B, and been waiting for 3+ years for my LC to get certified.

Last may when I get to get my 7th year extension, I had asked my boss to sign the paper work and give me the appropriate fees (no more than a few hundred dollars), this S.O.B makes over $400,000+ a year, told me I have no money in my business accounts, I have to bill/invoice a few clients, than I will give you your check for the fee’s once he got his invoice money, and I was 9 days away to the end of my 6th year on H1-B. I had to pay.

When I originally submitted my LC paper work, it stood on his desk for 13 month, 3 days, before he signed it. For almost 9 months I begged him every week to sign this, I even had to get my dad to call this M.F*.KER to beg him to sign the paper work. I am stuck in this shit and cannot wait to finish. The day I leave, IT’S ON man! He will end up in hospital.

The lawyer is the same, got her money and have not heard ANYTHING for over three years, called her, emailed her, wrote to her….NOTHING! Am ready for these idiots, my turn will come!

EB3 TR

You can take three steps

1. Take it till you get out of the mess

2. Once you get it lodge a formal complaint with DOL and USCIS

3. If they dont act, break his legs

Good Luck

I am in the same situation. I requested to proceed with RIR conversion in August 2006 and the lawyer said she will start soon. She has yet not sent any papers and the company HR does not care about this either.I asked last week the status of the conversion and she replied that she is analyzing the case and will let me know.. Now, I only have today and monday before I can send TR to RIR conversion request. I feel like it would not be good to convert to RIR since the RIR recruitement report must be sent before 1st April 2007 and so far seems like my lawyer always fails to reply in timely manner....
katrina17 said:
2002calabor, you are not alone. I'm at the same position at you, I can't file my I-140 yet due to the company lack of action. My labor cert got approved back in November last year and the Approval letter come in within a week of my approval and yet till today no paperwork request by my lawyer has been completed :p what can I say :p we are in the mercy of the company. Just hope that we all can get out from this mess.

GCVIRGO said:
You can take three steps

My heart bleeds for vp.architect. But... there's no cause for complaint here with DOL and USCIS. It's not a crime to not act on a file for whatever number of months. It's a not a crime to not respond to client's queries either. If vp.architect paid the attorney, than her fiduciary responsibility is towards vp.architect and not the employer... it may be useful to file a complaint with bar (keep copies of letters, emails and date and time of phones).

Time to leave was when that SOB wasn't signing the labor. No point in starting it all over again. But change the attorney if you can.

I think you should consider moving out. Even if you get your labor certified the EB3 backlog will hold u for another 3 years(assuming no CIR) and then 485 for another 1 year. So 5 years there again. if you are really frustrated with the people there, consider this :

1: Start finding a job.
2: Just after ur 8th yr extn , do a H1B transfer.
3: File EB2 PERM ASAP. PERM will maximum take 90 days.
4: File EB2-I140 in PPP.
5: Since u r now in EB2 the diff between ur PD and retrogression dates will be same as your EB3. So you loose nothing in terms of GC delay. But u work in a new env with little more freedom.

6: U might consider to stay with them till ur EB3 140 clears. But looking at their attitude, will they allow u to port the PD. they will cancel it right away when u leave.

Thanks

vp.architect said:

EB3 TR

indianpresent said:
I think you should consider moving out. Even if you get your labor certified the EB3 backlog will hold u for another 3 years(assuming no CIR) and then 485 for another 1 year. So 5 years there again. if you are really frustrated with the people there, consider this :

1: Start finding a job.
2: Just after ur 8th yr extn , do a H1B transfer.
3: File EB2 PERM ASAP. PERM will maximum take 90 days.
4: File EB2-I140 in PPP.
5: Since u r now in EB2 the diff between ur PD and retrogression dates will be same as your EB3. So you loose nothing in terms of GC delay. But u work in a new env with little more freedom.

6: U might consider to stay with them till ur EB3 140 clears. But looking at their attitude, will they allow u to port the PD. they will cancel it right away when u leave.

Thanks
one danger with this is that if perm is delayed and/or I-140 is rejected, no more H-1b extensions. I have heard recently many I-140s are being scrutinized more carefully and RFE's are being issued, so could delay the process for getting future H-1 extensions.
Safest bet is to find a new employer who will undertake that and get I-140 approved BEFORE you join them, but of course that is a huge challenge.

Or, you can stay with the current employer till I-140 is approved, get a 3 year extension (IF you can convince your boss to get it for you) and then consider a job change.

Perosnally, I think paying for attorney is good, you can suggest to your boss that you pay for all legal expenses as long as you can choose your own attorney, at least the process is more within your control. If your boss is delaying bec of money that might also make him more cooperative.

GCVIRGO said:
You can take three steps

1. Take it till you get out of the mess

3. If they dont act, break his legs

Good Luck

when you are filing tax returns, put the expenses whatever you paid to lawyer as immigration expenses, the government will screw your employer's b**ls.

my 2 cents!