Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
BEC claimed to have sent my 45-day letter as well as case-closure notice to both my attorney and employer, and neither of them ever received any letter (I verifed the addresses with BEC and they were correct). You are not alone, just one among hundreds.
Guys,
I had a same problem like this. Both my company and attorney had not received their notifications for a long time. Finally, I pushed my attorney to act on that and she went through AILA and they re-opened and approved with in three months after that.
EB3 - JULY 2002. approved in Nov 2006.

I have a totally different idea.

Make all BEC People stand in one line along with Hr and bosses who are trying to create more problems in already shaken life and then shoot them from all possible angles.

Just Taking out my frustration. Nothing more than that.
NY, EB3, RIR
PD: June 2002

ssp123 said:
when you are filing tax returns, put the expenses whatever you paid to lawyer as immigration expenses, the government will screw your employer's b**ls.

my 2 cents!

Thanks to all that responded to me, that we/I am in! The biggest shame in this is that he is a fellow Indian. I have to face his crap again in May 07, as I will be filling for my 8th on H1-B. I have thought about leaving A LOT, and a number of companies have already and are still asking me to join, and are offering me triple what I am being paid here. But we have stuck it this long, and we (me and my wife) will keep on until I get my LC. I don’t know what I will do, BUT I will do something on the day I leave. I know/deal with some of his biggest clients, and some have inquired about me doing side work for them. I want take those clients away from him, as 80% of his business is from one particular client that I get along so well, and has said he will switch sides on that one beautiful day when it all happens. I will make him pay for what he is putting me and family through!

I like what “gcwhenever” said, made me think, and think quite seriously! Thanks for that! I feel at home, and I now have someone to share what’s on my mind, so THNAK U ALL!

Looks like I am not the only one suffering due to apathy of HR and the lawyers. They are such as****. The lawyer has been sitting on my case for 3 months and finally responded to my emails this week asking me to be patient!

My boss used to be an Indian and he was the biggest a**** I have come across. I can't even begin to describe how bad he was. I hated going to work every day.

Here are three things I am going to do when I get my GC:
1. File an official complaint to senior management about my old boss.
2. Post my opinion publicly about my lawyer and damage their business.
3. Report the HR manager to her senior management.

But for now I just have to wait until the lawyer and HR get their act together to file my 140/485.

vp.architect said:
Thanks to all that responded to me, that we/I am in! The biggest shame in this is that he is a fellow Indian. I have to face his crap again in May 07, as I will be filling for my 8th on H1-B. I have thought about leaving A LOT, and a number of companies have already and are still asking me to join, and are offering me triple what I am being paid here. But we have stuck it this long, and we (me and my wife) will keep on until I get my LC. I don’t know what I will do, BUT I will do something on the day I leave. I know/deal with some of his biggest clients, and some have inquired about me doing side work for them. I want take those clients away from him, as 80% of his business is from one particular client that I get along so well, and has said he will switch sides on that one beautiful day when it all happens. I will make him pay for what he is putting me and family through!

I like what “gcwhenever” said, made me think, and think quite seriously! Thanks for that! I feel at home, and I now have someone to share what’s on my mind, so THNAK U ALL!

2002calabor said:
Looks like I am not the only one suffering due to apathy of HR and the lawyers. They are such as****. The lawyer has been sitting on my case for 3 months and finally responded to my emails this week asking me to be patient!

My boss used to be an Indian and he was the biggest a**** I have come across. I can't even begin to describe how bad he was. I hated going to work every day.

But for now I just have to wait until the lawyer and HR get their act together to file my 140/485.

Bottom-line is some immigrants want to cross the bridge and later break it.

7th year H1B extension

I need advice from you gurus.
Can anyone please reply to my question:

"My 6th year H1B expires in Nov'07. I have not yet filed for my green card.
To get an 7th year H1B extension, is it necessary to file labor before 365 days? Or lets say if I file my labor under perm now and if I am lucky to get it cleared as well as I-140 cleared before Nov'07, will I be able to get 7th year extension then?
Filing labor before 365 days is the only criteria to get H1B extension OR the approved 140 is sufficient irrespective of your labor filing date?"

Thanking you in anticipation for your reply.

Regards,

Paajee

paajee said:
I need advice from you gurus.
Can anyone please reply to my question:

"My 6th year H1B expires in Nov'07. I have not yet filed for my green card.
To get an 7th year H1B extension, is it necessary to file labor before 365 days? Or lets say if I file my labor under perm now and if I am lucky to get it cleared as well as I-140 cleared before Nov'07, will I be able to get 7th year extension then?
Filing labor before 365 days is the only criteria to get H1B extension OR the approved 140 is sufficient irrespective of your labor filing date?"

Thanking you in anticipation for your reply.

Regards,

Paajee
if you get I-140 approved before your 6th year expires, you can get a 3 year H-1 extension based on I-140 approval. then 1 year is immaterial.
so yes, approved 140 is sufficient irrespective of your labor filing date

2002calabor said:

I am in same situation with HR and boss, but they are NOT Indian.
Lawyer is even worse, himself an immigrant from Lebanon, told me I should forget about getting a gc thru employment, that he married a USC and got divorced and recommended to me to do same. Now he is siding with HR to delay as much as possible.

If govt is cracking down on employers hiring illegal aliens, they should first punish these bas***** who are sc***ing legal aliens. wish there was some govt agency where you can report them, or even to congressman or senator.

but if govt itself is delaying so much, what hope can we have against employers or lawyers? best to keep them happy till you get your work done, and then do the damage

gcwhenever said:
if you get I-140 approved before your 6th year expires, you can get a 3 year H-1 extension based on I-140 approval. then 1 year is immaterial.
so yes, approved 140 is sufficient irrespective of your labor filing date

Thank you so much for your reply.

Dec2004 LC Certified

Another friend LC certified

MA, EB3 -RIR
PD: 12/28/2004
Case Source: State (never made to Region)
45 DL : June 2006
ETA# P-05189-04***
Certified 1/19/2007

EB3 to Eb2 - Is it possible if initial EB3 was a potential mistake?

Hi All:

My Company HR insisted on EB3 Non-RIR when my LCA was filed in July 02. The job requirement said BS plus 3-5 years ( 2yrs experience counted if MS) and I had argued at that time for Eb2 ( I had 1.5yrs plus MS = 3.5yrs experience) but was told it did not matter at that time as both Eb2 and Eb3 were current.

Question:

Is it possible to amend now to Eb2 as the job needs BS plus 3-5 experience. I had met the requirements. My EB3- Non-RIR is still pending with PBEC. The Job recruitment was done for WV State approval. Case was sent to PBEC after state approval in May 03.

Any suggestions are sincerely appreciated.

Thanks guys!!!

No. Labor cannot be modified once filed...

Once the Labor application is filed, it cannot be modified. You will have to deal with it in a different manner if you want to keep your priority date:
- Get 140 certified using current (EB3) Labor
- Apply for new Labor in EB2 using PERM
- Apply for 140 stating old Labor&140.
Result:
- you should get the new 140 certified in EB2 with the OLD (EB3) priority date.
Hope this helps.

crosslanes said:
Hi All:

My Company HR insisted on EB3 Non-RIR when my LCA was filed in July 02. The job requirement said BS plus 3-5 years ( 2yrs experience counted if MS) and I had argued at that time for Eb2 ( I had 1.5yrs plus MS = 3.5yrs experience) but was told it did not matter at that time as both Eb2 and Eb3 were current.

Question:

Is it possible to amend now to Eb2 as the job needs BS plus 3-5 experience. I had met the requirements. My EB3- Non-RIR is still pending with PBEC. The Job recruitment was done for WV State approval. Case was sent to PBEC after state approval in May 03.

Any suggestions are sincerely appreciated.

Thanks guys!!!

Harrisburg PD sep-oct 2004

Guys

Recently I havent seen any new cases getting certified from PBEC transfered from Harrisburg, is there any one in EB3 got certified filled during sep-oct2004

mine is
PD oct-2004
EB3
PD-05153-xxxxx
45 Letter recv-apr 28 2006
replied may 10 2006
Status on website in Process

labor approved

Folks,

I have been a silent reader for some time. Finally the labor got approved. The attorneys received the letter this week. Thanks a lot to all of you for providing such valuable information. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Good luck to all of you. PBEC truly has been a nightmare. I hope that we all get our GCs very soon.

CT Labor said:
Folks,

I have been a silent reader for some time. Finally the labor got approved. The attorneys received the letter this week. Thanks a lot to all of you for providing such valuable information. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Good luck to all of you. PBEC truly has been a nightmare. I hope that we all get our GCs very soon.

Congrats on your Labor certification. So, now you will file for I-140 (probably in premium processing) , after that do you still need to have an attorney . I have heard from friends that the process after the I-140 is auto-pilot.

Please let me know.
Thank you,
c: )

Here from Harrisburg. PD Feb. 04. Made it to region in Aug.04. Still in process.

mercyofpbec said:
Guys

Recently I havent seen any new cases getting certified from PBEC transfered from Harrisburg, is there any one in EB3 got certified filled during sep-oct2004

mine is
PD oct-2004
EB3
PD-05153-xxxxx
45 Letter recv-apr 28 2006
replied may 10 2006
Status on website in Process

Still waiting to get approved here. PD Feb.04, but still in process. 6th Year H1B expires April 07. Lawyer says that if labor not approved before renewal than we can file only 1 year extension.
Of the people that filed the extention more than 1 time do you have to pay the $1000+$500 extra fee everytime you file for extension?????
That looks like a rip off to me!!!!

agron said:
Still waiting to get approved here. PD Feb.04, but still in process. 6th Year H1B expires April 07. Lawyer says that if labor not approved before renewal than we can file only 1 year extension.
Of the people that filed the extention more than 1 time do you have to pay the $1000+$500 extra fee everytime you file for extension?????
That looks like a rip off to me!!!!

Apart from Atalnta04's reply, I would like to add that you need to get your I-140 approved in order to be eligible for 3 year H-1B extension; assuming your PD is retrogressed.