Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

info email address.

smallamp1 said:
hi mmillo, I used info e-mail address... I have got the reply after 10 days though..
Hi smallamp1,

What did you ask in the info email address.

Thanks.

jaysai said:
Hi smallamp1,

What did you ask in the info email address.

Thanks.
Hi Guys,

As some senior memeber before pointed out, E-mail content should be crisp and user specific.. doesn't mean same content works for everyone... Anyways, if you think it will help you, here is my e-mail content:

Dear Sir,

My Name is xxx. I have filed for my Labor Certification in xx of yyyy from <State> through my employer <Employer Name>.

I got a 45 day letter from PBEC in mm of yyyy and my Company Lawyer has responded to the letter in mm of yyyy to process my LC.

Neither I nor my lawyer heard anything back from you. I will really appreciate If you could kindly take sometime and provide me with the status of my LC.

ETA Case #: xxx
Priority Date: xxx
Employer Name: xxx

Please let me know if you need any more information from me.
Thanks

AND IN CASE IF SOMEONE HAS SUGGESTIONS FOR MY PROBLEM, CAN YOU PLS SUGGEST???

Here is my problem once again:

I got a mail back from DOL about my case status.. though it says "IN Process" on their website, their e-mail says it is "NOF".. So I called my lawyer and he said I should not even send an e-mail to these people and he said he will let me and my company know if he recieves any letter with regards to NOF from DOL..

Certified....

Hi ,

Just now checked my status on the website and it says CERTIFIED. It was in process for a couple of days.

congrats

Congrats Kosu!

did your h1b7yr screenshot has all the fields filled in including prevailing wage. I have the same PD as yours and my latest screenshot has everything filled. except the prevailing wage.

Thanks

This is exactly my fear. You sned them an email and they get p*** and issue a NOF. As if that's not enough, the lawyer and HR start complaining that we should not follow up.

So, I would say just sit tight and wait.

smallamp1 said:
Hi Guys,

As some senior memeber before pointed out, E-mail content should be crisp and user specific.. doesn't mean same content works for everyone... Anyways, if you think it will help you, here is my e-mail content:

Dear Sir,

My Name is xxx. I have filed for my Labor Certification in xx of yyyy from <State> through my employer <Employer Name>.

I got a 45 day letter from PBEC in mm of yyyy and my Company Lawyer has responded to the letter in mm of yyyy to process my LC.

Neither I nor my lawyer heard anything back from you. I will really appreciate If you could kindly take sometime and provide me with the status of my LC.

ETA Case #: xxx
Priority Date: xxx
Employer Name: xxx

Please let me know if you need any more information from me.
Thanks

AND IN CASE IF SOMEONE HAS SUGGESTIONS FOR MY PROBLEM, CAN YOU PLS SUGGEST???

Here is my problem once again:

I got a mail back from DOL about my case status.. though it says "IN Process" on their website, their e-mail says it is "NOF".. So I called my lawyer and he said I should not even send an e-mail to these people and he said he will let me and my company know if he recieves any letter with regards to NOF from DOL..

Urgent-Please advice

I found a certified LC from my company from 2003. It required bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering. I have Master's degree in Environmental Engineering in 2005. The company lawyer is saying that she can't use this LC because I did not have the Masters degree in Environmental Eng 2003. Is this correct? I had my Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering in 1999. I thought as long as one fullfill all the requirements of the LC it should be ok. Plus I have Master's degree in Environmental Engineering. Please help/advice.

Certified - PA'03

Certified....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ,

Just now checked my status on the website and it says CERTIFIED.

Re: Application

at172.... I have the same case. My snapshot does not have the prevailing wage and I was told that a NOF has been proposed for my case.

I suspect that the rate of pay mentioned in my application would be less then the prevailing wage, hence the NOF.

atl72 said:
Congrats Kosu!

did your h1b7yr screenshot has all the fields filled in including prevailing wage. I have the same PD as yours and my latest screenshot has everything filled. except the prevailing wage.

Thanks

Omarx said:
I found a certified LC from my company from 2003. It required bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering. I have Master's degree in Environmental Engineering in 2005. The company lawyer is saying that she can't use this LC because I did not have the Masters degree in Environmental Eng 2003. Is this correct? I had my Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering in 1999. I thought as long as one fullfill all the requirements of the LC it should be ok. Plus I have Master's degree in Environmental Engineering. Please help/advice.
Your lawyer is right. You need to have fulfilled the LC requirements on the PD of the application. Therefore you cannot use your Master's towards this LC. However, the LC you have mentioned requires Bachelor's in Environmental, and since you did have Bachelor's on the PD of this LC (albeit in Civil Engineering), there is definitely room for interpretation. It all depends on the language used on the LC. If it says Environmental Engg or equivalent, then you should be able to use it by showing how your BS in Civil is equivalent to the environmental engg. requirement.

A crafty lawyer can work around this issue. Talk to your lawyer about that possibility.

atl72 said:
Congrats Kosu!

Thanks

Hi. I'm not sure if the fields being filled out has anything to do with the processing time for your application...All the fields in mine have been filled out since at least Nov. 05...Sorry...I hope I'm wrong, but just wanted to share with you anyway.

I contacted CIS Ombudsman office in DC.
And I got the following reply:

The office of the CIS Ombudsman is charged with assisting individuals who experience specific problems during the immigration benefits seeking process with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Additionally, the CIS Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process, and to recommending solutions to USCIS. Our office does not have jurisdiction over issues arising at the US Department of Labor (DOL).

You may wish to contact the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (ETA) directly to obtain information about your case.

Additionally, in an effort to keep customers informed about its backlog elimination efforts and to provide case status information on a particular case, DOL has implemented a case status inquiry system, which can be accessed on line at http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/. On this webpage, you can also find information on how to proceed, if the Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) of the DOL/ETA with jurisdiction over your case has not yet contacted your employer.

Typical canned reply

blues22 said:
I contacted CIS Ombudsman office in DC.
And I got the following reply:

The office of the CIS Ombudsman is charged with assisting individuals who experience specific problems during the immigration benefits seeking process with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Additionally, the CIS Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process, and to recommending solutions to USCIS. Our office does not have jurisdiction over issues arising at the US Department of Labor (DOL).

You may wish to contact the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (ETA) directly to obtain information about your case.

Additionally, in an effort to keep customers informed about its backlog elimination efforts and to provide case status information on a particular case, DOL has implemented a case status inquiry system, which can be accessed on line at http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/. On this webpage, you can also find information on how to proceed, if the Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) of the DOL/ETA with jurisdiction over your case has not yet contacted your employer.

Reopened

My case was closed and was told that we need to resend the papers. the lawyer resend the papers.

The papers were received by PA office 9/22 @ 9:09AM (EST).

I checked the online status
-> 9/22 @ 12:05 AM (EST) and the status field was blank.
-> 9/22 @ 12:10 AM (EST) and the status field is ‘DATA REVIEW’ now.

Within 3 hours of receipt of papers the case was reopened :) .

The online status check looks to be really a on real-time.

Hope to see the case move.

----------------------
EB2-RIR-CA
PD 09/2003
Online status : closed on 9/11/2006
Online status : data review on 9/22/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
long_long_wait said:
My case was closed and was told that we need to resend the papers. the lawyer resend the papers.

The papers were received by PA office 9/22 @ 9:09AM (EST).

I checked the online status
-> 9/22 @ 12:05 AM (PST) and the status field was blank.
-> 9/22 @ 12:10 AM (PST) and the status field is ‘DATA REVIEW’ now.

Within 3 hours of receipt of papers the case was reopened :) .

The online status looks to be really a on real-time.

Hope to the case move.

----------------------
EB2-RIR-CA
PD 09/2003
Online status : closed on 9/11/2006
Online status : data review on 9/22/2006
I am glad you saw positive action from PBEC for once. Helps all of us keep the faith. Also, the fact that your case staus updated immediately online is further evidence that the online system is looking at data in real-time

Certified

I did get a screen shot a couple of weeks ago and the prevailing wage, occupation code and occupation title was not filled. Yesterday I checked the status on the DOL status website and it said it was IN PROCESS. But when I checked today morning, it said it is CERTIFIED.

atl72 said:
Congrats Kosu!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Certified 750

I have received my certified copy of my 750

Certification date : 9/14/06

Shown as Certified in Online System : 9/19/06

Received : 9/21/06

PD : 8/22/03

EB3

Goodluck Everybody...

Thank you for the reply..

PBC process is very difficult to guess !!

kosu said:
I did get a screen shot a couple of weeks ago and the prevailing wage, occupation code and occupation title was not filled. Yesterday I checked the status on the DOL status website and it said it was IN PROCESS. But when I checked today morning, it said it is CERTIFIED.
:) :)

Premium processgin for EB2

Starting on September 25, 2006, USCIS will begin accepting Premium Processing requests for
Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, involving the following immigrant visa categories:
• EB-1, outstanding professors and researchers,
• EB-2, members of professions with advanced degrees or exceptional ability not seeking a National Interest Waiver, and
• EB-3, workers other than skilled workers and professionals (i.e., unskilled labor requiring less than two years of training or experience.

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=20644

Certified

Just checked the online system now..

It says certified..could not believe it for a while..

Good luck every one..