Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Need information

Guys/Gals

Has any one got information if 45 day time limit applies to apply for I-140. I am trying to use a substitution for an approved labor.

Aprreciate your help.

Eligilbe so Social security

jaysai said:
Hello,

On the ligther side :)

There are few in this forum like me who will be applying for their 10th year H1B extension. Perhaps, the one waiting the longest can apply for Guiness world of records if entering one's record in Guiness World of Records qualifies them for applying for EB1 or National Interest Waiver. Whay do you guys think?

Just to add more , folks like us will be eligible for Social Security soon. We will be collecting the 40 points required for the eligibility ( If at all social security will survive till then ;) ). Hmmm wonder if they will pay us if we leave the country .

Not yet

GC_Ven said:
Guys/Gals
Has any one got information if 45 day time limit applies to apply for I-140. I am trying to use a substitution for an approved labor.Aprreciate your help.
The rule has not come yet.

Social Security

epidural said:
Just to add more , folks like us will be eligible for Social Security soon. We will be collecting the 40 points required for the eligibility ( If at all social security will survive till then ;) ). Hmmm wonder if they will pay us if we leave the country .

Good....

How does it work if one leaves the country after becoming eligible?

Social Security

If your home country has a a tax treaty with U.S., then you can collect the social security from your home country even if you go back to your country later.

The U.S. currently has totalization agreements in force with the following countries:

Australia Germany Portugal
Austria Greece South Korea
Belgium Ireland Spain
Canada Italy Sweden
Chile Luxembourg Switzerland
Finland The Netherlands United Kingdom
France Norway

Source (http://www.visalaw.com/03jul2/2jul203.html)

I am from one of these countries and I saw the procedures and requirements that the social security department of my home country posted on the web about how to collect the money.

I hope this helps you.

epidural said:

Gurus can we extend H1 beyond 10 years based on labor pending status

It is for my brother, his labor is pending in PBEC, can he extend H1 11th time meaning for the 11th year? Is there any law that says only 10 years and not more than that?

Thanks
:confused:

gc_retrogress said:
It is for my brother, his labor is pending in PBEC, can he extend H1 11th time meaning for the 11th year? Is there any law that says only 10 years and not more than that?

Thanks

YES. I mean he can extend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting here

Hi smm123,
See my signature.. I am Harrisburg PA right next to Srinivas_O in terms of priority date. Still waiting for approval. Online status shows " In Process" . Not sure if this means something but 4 folks next to my Case number are IN Process, but the majority after that are certified. Have no clue if they set my case aside for some reason or is that 5 of us were assigned to some Analyst who is sitting on it

smm123 said:
Still waiting for the approval....

Couple of my collegues who files months after me from Harrisburg, PA have got their approval.

Case : P-04264-XXXXX
PD: April 2003
State : PA
Processing Type: EB3 RIR
case went to regional : Nov 03

Extend H1 11th time for the 11th year? You may get wrong. Should be "Extend H1 11th time for 17th year" or "Extend H1 5th time for 11th year? Basically you have 6 years in the regular time. Tell me if I am wrong.

gc_retrogress said:

Thanks

thanks

I received my labor approval last week. my priority date is Feb 23, 2003. The information on this forum was very helpful. Thanks and good luck!

You are not welcome. :rolleyes: Jump before us.... (just kidding!)
rajoid said:
I received my labor approval last week. my priority date is Feb 23, 2003. The information on this forum was very helpful. Thanks and good luck!

Quick Observation -
Everyday I am checking a group of cases which are 'IN PROCESS' around my Case Number. Every 2-3 days; one or two of them have been going to CERTIFIED status. So, someone is looking at the cases left behind.

Well, its a comforting to know that they are still looking at older cases. Infact every time I see an approval from early 2003 I feel happy. It means they haven't completely moved on.

justdoit said:
Quick Observation -
Everyday I am checking a group of cases which are 'IN PROCESS' around my Case Number. Every 2-3 days; one or two of them have been going to CERTIFIED status. So, someone is looking at the cases left behind.

Practically everyone I know who filed years after me already have EAD/AP if not GC (some have that too).

epidural said:
Couple of people who are not my collegues who filed YEARS LATER after me from god knows what all places have got there approval.

close case number doesn't mean that the PD are close

justdoit said:
Quick Observation -
As the case number is only a number, close case numbers only mean that these cases were entered into the system on close time. Nothing to do with the PD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Final Determination Letter, NO ETA-750A/B YET

Folks,
Well turns out that my employer received "Final Determination" letter stating the good news that my labor is certified. Letter is dated 09/11/06 and this date corresponds when I saw the case as "Certified" online. Also, Certifying Officer is Barbara Shelly. Letter further states that "Enclosed is ETA-750A/B" but we did not receive the forms with the letter.

Who receives these ETA-750A/B forms - attorney, employer or alien ???

Unfortunately, my attorney and I have moved from our old addresses and our mail forwarding has also expired by now - any clues as to how to request a duplicate labor from DOL in case we do not receive the original papers ?? Without these papers I will not be able to file I-140. I've gone thru immense pain/emotions to get my labor case re-opened and certified; and I hope that I do not have to lobby more to get my approved papers now ! :(

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
And shame on the "devil" Bush and his evil administration for putting people in this quagmire.

why not blaming the "devil" Bin Laden and his gang? and dude, if you don't like it, why don;t you just pack and go back?

Online status changed today from "In progress" to "Certified".

EB2/RIR/Virginia:
PD:Oct-21-2002/Phillyec/ 45 DL : 2/16/2205
regional Date: 10/07/2004