Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sunny26 said:
Hi MDwatch
I send an email to the h1b7thyr and got reply imm.No case close or case status in that.Is that mean my case is still open

That's a good sign. Keep in mind that the test site had erroneus data in it.

sidrumi said:
Hi,
I got my 45 day letter towards the end of nov 2005.
MY priority date is 01/2004. Has anyone with this priority date received certification yet from PBEC?

Thanks & Regards
--------------------
ETA Case Number: P-05166-xxxx
Priority Date:Jan2004
Received Date : Jan 2004
Processing Type:TR
Processing Center:philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

which state did you file from ?

I called the 202#, someone told me my case was certified on 8/31/06.
Thank you and good luck to everyone else here!

Chhaya said:
MINE IS THE SAME. IN MY EMAIL REPLY THEY SAID CERTIFICATION LETTER GENERATED ON 8/23/06, BUT NO LETTER YET. WHAT TO DO? PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

MD PD 5/2003.

when ?

windynewyork said:
I called the 202#, someone told me my case was certified on 8/31/06.
Thank you and good luck to everyone else here!

windynewyork,

When did you call the 202# ? was it today ? Did u pose as your employer ?

Now they don't seem to be giving out the status over phone.

Category: EB2
PD: 01/16/2004
45 Days Letter: 10/05/05 (and needless to say that replied next day)
State: North Carolina

Still waiting
:(

Just wondering If there is any hope of getting LC and premium I-140 by Dec :confused:

ThirstyFish said:
windynewyork,

Yeah you need to ask your employer to call. I just call (5 min ago) and agent was like "You can not get the status, ask your employer to call. Although you can pose as employer but better ask your manager to call.

I also called in few minutes back to check status, lady transferred me to someone but it went to his Voice mail ..It has happened twice .. I am never able to get hold of live person to get status .. Any ideas?

web_guru2003 said:
Category: EB2
PD: 01/16/2004
45 Days Letter: 10/05/05 (and needless to say that replied next day)
State: North Carolina

Still waiting
:(

Just wondering If there is any hope of getting LC and premium I-140 by Dec :confused:

Yeah you need to ask your employer to call. I just call (5 min ago) and agent was like "You can not get the status, ask your employer to call. Although you can pose as employer but better ask your manager to call.

sunny26 said:
Hi MDwatch
I send an email to the h1b7thyr and got reply imm.No case close or case status in that.Is that mean my case is still open
Not necessarily Open. Ask your Employer/Atorney to call the 202#. I also did the same.

CrabCake said:
Sunnybab,
Oh! She also said that DC (202#) doesn't know what their processing times are and "how can DC be providing any information to you when WE are the ones working the files!""
Is there any hope? I'm beginning to believe there will be no end to this mess...

DC can provide status because they have access to the same processing software. One of the screen shows the activity history for your case, sorted by date. Not magic, that's how they do it ....

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Where did you find this link from? I understand that it shows as subdomain on dol but I just wanted to go through official "Status Check" link to this page.

I hope this will be satisfactory for you!

http://www.flc.doleta.gov/foreign/
OR
http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/foreign/

What's New

September 11, 2006, The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) has received many requests from employers, attorneys, and aliens regarding the status of applications being processed as part of the backlog elimination effort. In order to provide basic case status information on specific cases, OFLC introduces the Backlog Public Disclosure System (PDS).

The purpose of the PDS is to provide a vehicle for employers, attorneys, agents, and aliens to determine the status of an application filed at a Backlog Elimination Center (BEC). Users can access PDS by clicking on the "Check Backlog Case Status" link on DOL's Backlog Centers' webpage or by clicking here.

Once the PDS website is open, users will enter the 10-digit case number which begins with a "D" if the case is located in the Dallas BEC or "P" if the case is in the Philadelphia BEC. (Note: Some cases may have had case numbers staring with "T" prior to completing data entry at a Backlog Center. All such cases have since been converted and now begin with either "D" or "P" which should be used for case status checks on the PDS.)

After entering the case number, the search results will indicate the current case status. Case status definitions are provided at the bottom of the PDS website pages.

If you have questions regarding the PDS, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about PDS here.

The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) has developed a process for an employer or attorney who believes an application should be pending at the Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs) but for which no contact (e.g., no 45-Day Center Receipt Notification Letters (CRNL), case closed letter, or other correspondence about the case) from the BECs has been received.

In order to provide these employers with the opportunity to have their applications processed while also guarding against potential fraud, OFLC has established specific steps for employers or their attorneys to follow. These steps are outlined in the FAQ located here.

NOTE: This process is only for cases where the employer or attorney has received no contact whatsoever from the BEC about the case. This procedure is not for status checks or other case inquiries. This process is only for employers or their designated attorneys. Alien beneficiaries of labor certification applications are not authorized to use this process.

Last edited by a moderator:
CA Oct 2002 Approval

Long time reader but first post.

Happy to report that I got my Labor Certification about a couple of days back.

Details below:

State: CA
PD: Oct 18, 2002
EB2/RIR

When I (or rather my lawyer) checked the status of my case for the first time in Early August, the status was "Assigned to Analyst" in May and estimated time for the process to move to the next step was anywhere from 3 months to 9 months.

Got mad after that and based on the advice of fellow sufferers of this forum, ended up writing a letter to the local Senator(Dianne Feinstein).

And, sure enough, ended up with the Labor in hand within a month.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Would reiterate advise for those with PD from 2001/2002 to follow up with your senator.

Just make sure to specify what the senator's office should do (follow up with the DOL on your case) and why (hardship etc)

labor

Hello Everyone,

I just called my lawyer and found out that my labor has been approved. It was a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait :). all the best to everyone here.

Pls. update the tracker.

Sanjay.

Please post your status from site www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm

I just checked my case status on http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm and it shows it 'In Process' - The case is currently being worked on or in the queue ready to be worked on.

If you have your case number with you, please post your status here. Hopefully we would be able to make some sense out of it - although I doubt it. I think most of us would have the status of 'In process'. But, I am curious to find out last batch of cases from 2004-2005. Please do post your priority date and Case number (as much as you want to reveal).

Here are my details:

P-05167-69XXX
PD: 08/23/2003
State: VA (Although it does not matter now)
Regional: No
Recruitment Instruction: Not yet

Labor Approved

Long time reader, first time contibutor.

PD: 10/2001
EB2/RIR
45-day letter in February, 2006
Labor Approved: August, 2006
State: New York

As they say better late than never, but this was TOO LATE!!!

Best to everyone...

I called this morning. The officer did not ask whether I am the employer. I told him I received a status email from PBEC, and wanted to know my LC approval date, and provided him with my ETA#.
Good luck!

ThirstyFish said:
windynewyork,

amitga: maybe your labor is indeed approved. I tried my case and still got "in process". Lukcy you. At least you get one Optimistic database. :p