Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

PERM does allow a candidate to get his or her labor cleared within 3-6 months and then eventually get I-140 cleared to avail the 3 years extension. But the endless wait will begin in the 485 stage when they have to fall back in the queue of the DBEC and PBEC candidates.

In any case to get a GC in US is going to take anywhere between 4-5 years. That is the irony of the situation. :(

My 2 cents..

adjust20 said:
Hi to all,

I just wanted to know most of us are waiting for few years now. I checked other forums and trackitt.com. People are applying with PERM and able to get LC approved. My attorney told me that they were not sure how is going to effect my case.

All i need to get an opinion is why rest of you guys are waiting and why not trying with PERM. Is there a problem?
I am very much interested now in PERM. Yes its expensive but still will save time.

which date is considered Priority date to apply I 485?
Thanks you all

PERM Dangers

GC_from_NJ said:
PERM does allow a candidate to get his or her labor cleared within 3-6 months and then eventually get I-140 cleared to avail the 3 years extension. But the endless wait will begin in the 485 stage when they have to fall back in the queue of the DBEC and PBEC candidates.

In any case to get a GC in US is going to take anywhere between 4-5 years. That is the irony of the situation. :(

My 2 cents..

Adj/GC NJ,

PERM is NOT recommended for those who have PD of 2001/2/3 because one may end up losing PD if the PERM is denied (which is very common, more so if your employer's best intrest is in delaying LC as much as possible).

If you have fairly recent PD then GO FOR IT.

I hope this helps.

ThirstyFish said:
Adj/GC NJ,

PERM is NOT recommended for those who have PD of 2001/2/3 because one may end up losing PD if the PERM is denied (which is very common, more so if your employer's best intrest is in delaying LC as much as possible).

If you have fairly recent PD then GO FOR IT.

I hope this helps.

Hello all..

Hope all the suffers from PBEC are moving out from the hell hole...

On this note..I have a question, can a company file an EB2 in PERM for the same employee, same employer for a differernt position, who filed an earlier EB3 case and and eventually use the EB3 PD date for the EB2 case and the same employee...

Any hitches forseeen in this situation...?

I tell you guys..we are gambling with our lives big-time for this GreenCard shit..!!

Can you please give me a template of your email?

I also used my company email but got automatic response and no info :( Thanks.

ma_lc said:
I sent a request yesterday through company email and got response within 2hrs.
Screen shot shows same prewailage wage,occupation Title and occupating code are not not yet filled.

MY friend's CASE

Case # P-05189-XXXXX
NY RIR, f/d 7/23/2003
45 Day letter received: 6/19/06
45 day letter replied: 6/27/06
LC: Waiting...

StressTestInUSA said:
Hello all..

Hope all the suffers from PBEC are moving out from the hell hole...

On this note..I have a question, can a company file an EB2 in PERM for the same employee, same employer for a differernt position, who filed an earlier EB3 case and and eventually use the EB3 PD date for the EB2 case and the same employee...

Any hitches forseeen in this situation...?

I tell you guys..we are gambling with our lives big-time for this GreenCard shit..!!

Yes you can do that. Here is how: you have to get both LC approved and both I-140 approved, one for each LC. THen at the I485 stage, you can recapture the oldest PD from your approved I-140s

Hope this helps.

Please Help Me...

Hello,

I have got an offer to join company B, but I am on 7th year extension with company A and its valid till Jan 2008.

Is it possible to join company B, if company B file Labor in PERM by the end of year 2006????

Will I get 8..9..year extension if company B file my labor by the end of year 2006???

Please help me...
Thank You

GCVS03 said:
Hello,

I have got an offer to join company B, but I am on 7th year extension with company A and its valid till Jan 2008.

Is it possible to join company B, if company B file Labor in PERM by the end of year 2006????

Will I get 8..9..year extension if company B file my labor by the end of year 2006???

Please help me...
Thank You

Yes you can join company B and still get 8th or further year extensions if company B applies for Perm and gets it approved before your 7th year end. Just note that you might loose the current priority date. Even better option is to ask Company B to file Perm rightaway, get it approved and then join. It is better to consult an attorney.

GC_from_NJ said:

My 2 cents..

I have PD of 2003. it means people who are getting approved LC from PERM and their PD are recent like 2004 or 2005 will be in queue behind 2003 for I-485? Is that true?

So it means the PD of 2003 will be considered the date to apply for I-485? correct?

adjust20 said:
I have PD of 2003. it means people who are getting approved LC from PERM and their PD are recent like 2004 or 2005 will be in queue behind 2003 for I-485? Is that true?

So it means the PD of 2003 will be considered the date to apply for I-485? correct?
----
yes they will be after u in the line. This is assuming that you are not affected by retregression, if you are from retrogressed countries, u can't even apply while they have their 485 filed. The only advantage they have is that they get an EAD.

PERM question --please help

Can I apply thru PERM while my current labor is pending at backlog center without withdrawing pending one thru the same employer. please help

MDwatch said:
Yes you can do that. Here is how: you have to get both LC approved and both I-140 approved, one for each LC. THen at the I485 stage, you can recapture the oldest PD from your approved I-140s

Hope this helps.

thanks MDWatch..

But, how will the current experience with the same employer be counted for the EB2 experience...any info will be appreciated..

I heard that only prior experience until the previous employer will be taken into consideration while filing a labor..

StressTestInUSA said:
thanks MDWatch..

But, how will the current experience with the same employer be counted for the EB2 experience...any info will be appreciated..

I heard that only prior experience until the previous employer will be taken into consideration while filing a labor..

I believe this was true under the former system. Now with PERM, I have read somewhere something about progressive experience ... not sure how it works though, you should do more research on that. A good starting point would be the PERM FAQs.

For PERM filing there are some pre-requisites, one has to be employed by the employer for atleast 3 months before they can initiate a perm filing >> Keep that in mind.

Also, One gentalmen on train this morning mentioned that there is a AC21 portability with just approved 140 also. Is this true ?? It will essentially means anyone with approved 140 (485 filed or not) will be able to change jobs and take his GC processing with him ?

are you sure about this ? i.e you have to be with the new employer for 3 months before you initiate (or start) the process of PERM ?

confused

ThirstyFish said:
For PERM filing there are some pre-requisites, one has to be employed by the employer for atleast 3 months before they can initiate a perm filing >> Keep that in mind.

If that is true, how can GC be for future employment? Future employment technically means that employer can file for GC without you being currently employed. I am confused

Still no letter

Argh.....! Still no letter. Wonder what the heck the people are doing in Philly. Imagine it has been certified for more than 3 weeks now. :mad: :mad:

NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Certified on August 9'06 from US Rep's congressional inquiry.

no letter

aycy said:
Argh.....! Still no letter. Wonder what the heck the people are doing in Philly. Imagine it has been certified for more than 3 weeks now. :mad: :mad:

Aycy, They have requested that you wait for 30 days before contacting them for the approval letter after seeing it approved online. It came on today's Murty bulliten.

Thirsty Fish,

Where is the Online Link available to see approvals? Could you please Post it?

Thanks

ThirstyFish said:
aycy said:

Aycy, They have requested that you wait for 30 days before contacting them for the approval letter after seeing it approved online. It came on today's Murty bulliten.

GPra said:
Thirsty Fish,

Where is the Online Link available to see approvals? Could you please Post it?

Thanks
Thirsty Fish is referring to the USCIS online case status. Murthy bulletin was in connection with USCIS approvals for H1, I140, etc. It had nothing to do with backlog center LC approvals.