Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

MannyD

MannyD said:
Folks,
Gee whizz... you need to slow down. I am sure all of us knew when we entered US, that H1B visa is for six years. True, many of us assumed that we'll get the GC in good time, going by the precedence at that time. That does not mean we have to bleed from the nose and ears if GC takes longer or is unattainable! We have to seek and be prepared all the time. Many of my friends took the opportunity to move to their home country or to immigrant-friendlier countries. And I think they're better off than us for the future... Chill out and get to your draft board to chalk out Plan B.

The problem is not that we dont have a plan B or even a Plan C ....it's that Plan A is in a limbo...and hope springs eternal

I can't speak for others but If my GC gets rejected I will have no problem going back however difficult with assets and other things binding us to the US

Plan B or C is not ideal for anybody considering the precious years of our life we have invested here...

that said...maybe I will find myself sitting next to you on a onway trip back...

:)

MannyD said:
Folks,
Gee whizz... you need to slow down. I am sure all of us knew when we entered US, that H1B visa is for six years. True, many of us assumed that we'll get the GC in good time, going by the precedence at that time. That does not mean we have to bleed from the nose and ears if GC takes longer or is unattainable! We have to seek and be prepared all the time. Many of my friends took the opportunity to move to their home country or to immigrant-friendlier countries. And I think they're better off than us for the future... Chill out and get to your draft board to chalk out Plan B.

It much easy to say than do it. If the opportunity is better in our homecountry why bother to move to US at the first place. Why bother to wait for 5+ year live in agony, fear, worry, scared, uncertainty.

There is no argument about living in US is better especially after you graduate here, adjust and have family here, have a house and especially after you start your career here and see the endles opportunity waiting for you.

BUT who can stand to see how your life ruin because of one simple GC process. People just let out their anger because who else understand them better than us here in this forum. The one who is in the same boat.

This GC process do ruin the quality of your life, no matter how hard you told your self this is not the only way, US is not the only place but you can't deny your self that this is not the easy one to let go too especially after years of waiting. To think that you have to start from the ground again ? pull your kids form their friends and school ?

Besides, is not everyone here has a promising homecountry. There are many of us I believe has their country at war, unsafe, no opportunity for their education. If you are above 38 is getting harder for you to find a job overseas especially if you are female unless you are rich and can start your own business

So there is so many reason why we are still here and bickering about how this GC process do ruin ourlifes. BUT other than that there is nothing else we can Do. FIGTH of course but HOW ? that is another question needed an answer.

I've seen my friends moving back to their homecountry, pack everything and then the following year screaming to coming back here. Couple get lucky and able to get back here and start their H1b process and GC process all over again. Other who can't go back here, stuck there and regret their decision.

ME, This forum is keeping me inform and do keep my hope alive :) and of course I have plan b but I hope this mess do over as their promised by september 2007.

When this mess over, it would be nice if all of us here can meet and laugh about it. Cheers.

Correct me if i am wrong

Main purpose of "Love" letter is to find out if your employer wants to go ahead with the Labour application or not. When the employer recieves a case closure notice before getting the 45 days letter and the employer contacts BEC to reopen the case, that confirms that the employer wants to go ahead with the case and no 45 days letter will be sent again.

I believe i read this on BEC technical document posted in this form some time last month.

Gurus correct me if i am wrong.

I found the link

http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIMTrainingManual.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible list of NOFs

SK_31 said:
Well, my manager just called 202-693-3010 and was told that a NOF will be sent shortly. He did not have any more details. This is really frustrating. I have seen that most of the NOF's mentioned here are for conversion from RIR to Non RIR, Is there any other reason for issuing NOF?

The following is a list of possible NOFs. It does not cover all the NOFs. But these are the most common. This is taken from their training manual appendix.

I also attach a word-doc.

A2-15 Adverse Effect – OES

FINDINGS
ADVERSE EFFECT. Your wage offer of $@/hour is below the prevailing wage of
$@/hour. The prevailing rate of pay was determined by the Occupational Employment
Statistics (OES) Wage Survey for a Level @ in @ County. Offering a salary that is
below the prevailing rate of pay is a violation of Sections 656.20©(2), 656.20(g),
656.21(g)(4), and 656.40 of the Regulations.

A2-17 Adverse Effect – DBA
FINDINGS
$@/hour. The prevailing rate of pay was determined by the Davis-Bacon Act (DBA).
Offering a salary which is below the prevailing rate of pay is a violation of Sections
656.20(c)(2), 656.20(g) and 656.21(g)(4) of the Regulations.
As stated in 20 CFR 656.40, if a DBA wage determination exists for the occupation in the
area of intended employment, that wage determination is considered to be the prevailing
wage. The employer need not be a Federal contractor for these statutory rates to apply.

A2-18 Adverse Effect – SCA
FINDINGS
$@/hour. The prevailing rate of pay was determined by the McNamara-O'Hara Service
Contract Act (SCA). Offering a salary which is below the prevailing rate of pay is a
violation of Sections 656.20(c)(2), 656.20(g) and 656.21(g)(4) of the Regulations.
As stated in 20 CFR 656.40, if a SCA wage determination exists for the occupation in the
area of intended employment, that wage determination is considered to be the prevailing
wage. The employer need not be a Federal contractor for these statutory rates to apply.

A2-19 Employment – Full Time Work
FINDINGS
1. EMPLOYMENT. Federal regulations at 20 CFR 656.3 (Subpart A) define
"employment" as permanent full-time work by an employee for an employer other than
oneself.
The position for which you are filing is that of a @ requiring @ years of experience. The
nature of your business is @. The Form ETA 750, Part A, Item 11 reflects a work
schedule of @ a.m. to @ p.m. However, @ stores do not generally employ a @ on a fulltime
year round basis.
You must establish that the position is permanent full-time or a labor certification
cannot be granted. Although you stated that the alien will be employed full-time as a @,
there is insufficient information to enable us to determine whether the alien will in fact
perform the duties of a @ on a full-time year round basis.

A2-22 Minimum Job Requirements

FINDINGS
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS. Federal regulations at 20 CFR 656.21(b)(5)
require that the employer document that the requirements for the job opportunity are the
minimum necessary for the performance of the job, and that the employer has neither hired
nor finds it feasible to hire workers with less training and/or experience.
Your job requirements are stated as @ years of experience as a @. The case file indicates
that @.

A2-24 Layoffs
FINDINGS
Available U.S. Workers. According to Department of Labor regulations, before granting
or denying a labor certification, the Certifying Officer must determine whether or not there
are able, willing, qualified and available U.S. workers to perform the specific job
opportunity. 20 CFR 656.24(b). The regulations provide that the Certifying Officer shall
determine if there are other appropriate sources of workers where the employer should
have recruited or might be able recruit of U.S. workers (20 CFR 656.24(b)(2)(i)). The
regulations further provide that the Certifying Officer shall consider as available U.S.
workers living and working in the area of intended employment, and may also consider
U.S. workers who are willing to move from elsewhere to take the job at their own expense,
or (if the prevailing practice among employers employing workers in the occupation in the
area of intended employment is to pay such relocation expenses) at the employer’s
expense. (20 CFR 656.24(b)(iv)).
It has come to our attention that within the last 6 months that @ may have laid off workers
that qualify for employment in the occupation for which the employer is seeking labor
certification. Before we can make a final determination on your application, we need the
documentation requested below:

A2-26 Prior Recruitment Efforts
FINDINGS
PRIOR RECRUITMENT EFFORTS. Federal regulations at 656.21(b)(1) require that
the employer provide the local office a written report of the results of all the employer's
recruitment efforts prior to filing the application for certification. The recruitment report
must:
a. Identify each recruitment source by name.
b. State the number of U.S. workers responding to employer's recruitment.
c. State names, addresses and provide resumes/job applications of U.S. applicants for
the job opportunity and job titles of person who interviewed each worker.
d. Explain specifically the lawful job-related reasons for not hiring each U.S.
applicant.
Your application does not include the names, addresses, resumes/job applications of U.S.
workers who applied for the job opportunity, and the specific lawful job-related reasons for
not hiring each worker.

A2-30 Unduly Restrictive Requirements – Job Requirements
FINDINGS
UNDULY RESTRICTIVE JOB REQUIREMENTS. Federal Regulations at 20 CFR
656.21(b)(2) provide that the employer must document that the requirements for the job
opportunity, unless adequately documented as arising from business necessity, are those
normally required for the performance of the job in the United States.
Your requirements for @ are determined to be unduly restrictive because @. You may
rebut this finding by:

maine_gc said:
Main purpose of "Love" letter is to find out if your employer wants to go ahead with the Labour application or not. When the employer recieves a case closure notice before getting the 45 days letter and the employer contacts BEC to reopen the case, that confirms that the employer wants to go ahead with the case and no 45 days letter will be sent again.

I believe i read this on BEC technical document posted in this form some time last month.

Gurus correct me if i am wrong.

45 day letter might also contain request for additional information

mdgc2001 said:
The following is a list of possible NOFs. It does not cover all the NOFs. But these are the most common. This is taken from their training manual appendix.

Thanks mdgc2001. That was good info.

clzeus10 said:
Dude, I cannot believe how succintly and precisely you have expressed what a lot of people in this forum feel. Pain is dripping from your words and I can feel it, because I feel exactly the same way, its like I wrote that post not you, it fits so perfectly to my situation and probably hundreds more on this forum

I am not going to tell you its all going to be fine and all other BS, because I know it can't be made right, how do you return someone 5 years of their life?

How do you make it right? You just can't. I don't have any answers for you or for myself.

Same feeling dude.. burning our lifes.....
Ladude
July2002
EB3,CA Still waiting

MDwatch said:
45 day letter might also contain request for additional information

45 days letter will be sent on the reopened cases only if additional information is needed. If no additional information is needed no 45 days letter will be sent if the case is closed in error before the employer recieved 45 days letter

check this out from murthy.com

DOL to Confirm Case Acceptance or Send Request for More Information

When a BPC receives a proper inquiry, the BPC will send the attorney or employer a standardized, automatic eMail confirming that the BPC received the request. If the request is accepted and the case is reopened, the BPC will send an eMail that the case has been reopened, along with a screenshot. The original eMail from the attorney or employer will be treated as the response to the 45-day letter for the case. If additional information is needed, the BPC will send a copy of the 45-day letter and corrections list to the individual who sent the eMail. The employer or attorney must respond to this letter and list via hard copy through the mail, rather than by eMail.

URGENT - Pending LC with Company A & new H-1 with Company B issue

Hello Sakina, Senior Members, GURU's and all Readers,

I have mailed it many times, it's urgent for me. Please someone answer this.
I have few questions.

I am currently working on 8th year of H-1(b) for Employer A based on pending labor.
Type: RIR
State: CT
PD: July 2003

Extend my H-1(b) every single year from last 3 years. I have been already approved for 9th year extension starting from Oct 2006 - Oct 2007.

I just need to know, what are my options to switch from company A to Company B.

1)If i will file H-1(b) for Company B now, do you think I will get an approval for the same period from Oct 2006 - Oct 2007 based on my pending labor.

2)Can I switch my job and work for compnay B without a fear of losing my H-1 status, if Company A cancels my labor immediately once i quit.

3) What happened If company A will cancel my pending LC immediately, then my H-1 with compnay B would be valid for whole year or not?

4)If yes, it means cancel labor with company A has nothing to do with another H-1 with company B, even company B's H-1 was approved on the basis of compnay A pending labor.

4) How long can I work for company B? Can I work for compnay B till Oct 2007 (assuming my H-1 for company B will also approve for 1 more year). Can I entend my H-1 with company be after 1 year like I am doing with company A.

5) My PERM LC with company B has already been filed. (on EB2, current for my country) and if will get approve:
(a) Can I file for I-140, EAD and AP immediately or not?
(b) If my I-140 will approve before Oct 2007, would i get an extension for three years for company B or not?

BUT Again
My main concern is if I switch on H-1 to company B right now and compnay A will cancel my labor then where I would be standing? I have already 8th years on H-1, I don't want to lose it, only because of new job. Atleast my current job is paying me enough to cover my family's living expanses.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

PPERM and pendig application in PEBC

Hi,
I am planning to file PERM. I have already pending application in BEC. I have also recived 45 days letter more than year back. My question for other memebers in the forum is "Was any one in similar situation as me before filing PERM i.e. pending labor and received 45 days letter? "
Was the PERM approval smmoth or it had got hurdles because of pending labor in BEC ?

Your answers to my questions will be greatly appereciated.

Thanks
Saurav

i asked our lawyer.

I also send inquiry to the lawer.

What he said is as long as the job title is changed, they will not be conflicting.

Also someone just post some messages saying DOL is checking people with multple filing ...
The best is still to ask your lawyer

Saurav_4096 said:
Hi,
I am planning to file PERM. I have already pending application in BEC. I have also recived 45 days letter more than year back. My question for other memebers in the forum is "Was any one in similar situation as me before filing PERM i.e. pending labor and received 45 days letter? "
Was the PERM approval smmoth or it had got hurdles because of pending labor in BEC ?

Your answers to my questions will be greatly appereciated.

Thanks
Saurav

When I can expect my approvred labor!!!!!!!

Hi StressTest,

First of all let me congratulate you. Finally you got out of this damn labor. Mine and yours are very close PD's. I have not heard anything so far.

I think even if I get approved now, I can't apply for I-485 for a while. No visa numbers. :(

Good luck to your next stages.

EB2, RIR, NJ
PD:11-DEC-2002

Some people just amuse me

Rohila said:

I have few questions.

I am currently working on 8th year of H-1(b) for Employer A based on pending labor.

Extend my H-1(b) every single year from last 3 years. I have been already approved for 9th year extension starting from Oct 2006 - Oct 2007.

1)If i will file H-1(b) for Company B now, do you think I will get an approval for the same period from Oct 2006 - Oct 2007 based on my pending labor.

2)Can I switch my job and work for compnay B without a fear of losing my H-1 status, if Company A cancels my labor immediately once i quit.

3) What happened If company A will cancel my pending LC immediately, then my H-1 with compnay B would be valid for whole year or not?

4)If yes, it means cancel labor with company A has nothing to do with another H-1 with company B, even company B's H-1 was approved on the basis of compnay A pending labor.

4) How long can I work for company B? Can I work for compnay B till Oct 2007 (assuming my H-1 for company B will also approve for 1 more year). Can I entend my H-1 with company be after 1 year like I am doing with company A.

5) My PERM LC with company B has already been filed. (on EB2, current for my country) and if will get approve:
(b) If my I-140 will approve before Oct 2007, would i get an extension for three years for company B or not?

BUT Again
My main concern is if I switch on H-1 to company B right now and compnay A will cancel my labor then where I would be standing? I have already 8th years on H-1, I don't want to lose it, only because of new job. Atleast my current job is paying me enough to cover my family's living expanses.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Do you really trust people in the forum for answers for these REALLY URGENT & IMPORTANT questions?
You can buy consultation time from a recognized lawyer for a couple of hundred dollars to get your questions answered. That's what I would do and that's my $0.02.

NoSweat said:
Do you really trust people in the forum for answers for these REALLY URGENT & IMPORTANT questions?
You can buy consultation time from a recognized lawyer for a couple of hundred dollars to get your questions answered. That's what I would do and that's my $0.02.

nothing to be amused..

it can still be a second and third opinion..most of us have greyed our hair with these situations,unless you have had a rosy job..and no complications. Even the biggest of the lawyers can screw us big time,paralegals are mostly citizens/greencards and are halfbaked not knowing our misery..utlimately it will be no one but 'us' as the losers and cornered from all directions..we are gambling with our years of life together..

Thank you so much for taking the time out. I will consult the attorney. THanka gain for your help
Raj

another_fella said:
Raj,

1. You don't need to file H1 transfer again for Comp A to join them back, provided the validity date on H1 you had for Comp A before joining Comp B is good for some more time. Let us say Comp A's H1 validity is upto June 2007 before joining Comp B through transfer then you can go back and work for Comp A with that old H1 until June 2007, in order to continue working for Comp A after June 2007 you will have to file H1 extension through Comp A on or before June 2007, which is a regular H1 extension. A friend of mine was in similar situation about 2 years ago, and went back to Comp A based on Comp A's old valid H1, but that was not for GC, instead the deal with Comp B didn't work out for him.

2. Yes you can file I-140 through Comp A. Since GC is for future employment and you seem to be in good terms with your ex-employer, this is a good option if needed. See whether you can convice Comp A to file I-140 now with an option to join them when 485 becomes current. Simultaneously continue EB2 petition through Comp B, when the labor is approved file I-140 through them.

3. If you are from retrogressed countries, yes PD does matter a lot. I read somewhere that you can keep PD's from approved "Old PD Labor+140" (even if the earlier Labor is EB3) and still go through EB2 category with Comp B. You can use this option if you manage to continue the applications through both companies. When Comp A and Comp B's I-140's get approved, then you can consider the option of filing 485 through Comp B in EB2, by using the earlier priority date from Comp A's EB3 petition.

This is a complicated area, I would suggest talking to a good attorney on these options and and make sure to ask him/her questions on these, and make use of it if you can.

Goodluck!!

PS: I am not an attorney. Use the information above at your own risk.

Change of Company

If my labor is pending with company A and I have to leave that company and join company B. Is that possible that my labor with company A might be moved/transferred to company B without any change in it. If this is true then PD will remain same with company B?
I will really appreciate the answer.
Thanks
malidar

Rohila,

Based on what I read around here and some other discussion boards, here is my take:

- You will be filing for the transfer of H1 to Comp B, which is already approved and valid till Oct 2007 for Comp A. Transfer of this nature is allowed and I had come across folks who did this.

- It is my understanding that a pending application is withdrawn, and only an approved labor can be cancelled. Irrespective of whether your labor application through Comp A is pending or withdrawn, your already approved H1 is valid upto the date for which it has been approved for, in your case it is valid upto Oct 2007.

- H1 Extension beyond Oct 2007 can be done using either of the below options:
(a). Using Comp B's labor application: You mentioned Comp B filed PERM labor for you already, which means by Oct 2007 you would have already crossed the 365 days requirement for pending labor application, which qualifies you for the yearly H1 extension. If Comp B's labor gets approved, and your I-140 is pending around Oct 2007, you would still get 1 year H1 extensions based on Comp B's labor application. On the other hand if your I-140 gets approved before Oct 2007, you would be eligible for 3 year H1 extension.

(b). Using Comp A's labor application: Around Oct 2007, if Comp A has not withdrawn/cancelled/substituted the labor, then you can use this for another 1 year extension for the H1 which is associated with Comp B.

If I were you, I would go with option (a) as primary plan for future H1 extension beyond Oct 2007, and keep option (b) as back-up plan.

Since Comp B already filed PERM, see whether you can join them after the approval of PERM labor application, which should not take long. This way you have eliminated one BIG variable in the process, and just need to focus on rest of the process.

About filing 140, 485, AP, and EAD; if it is current for your country, you should be able to do so once your PERM labor is approved.

Given the importance of the situtation, it is worth talking to a qualified good attroney and get his/her opinion on this.

Goodluck!

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, hence use this information at your own discretion.

Rohila said:

I have few questions.

BUT Again

Please help.

Thanks in advance

malidar said:
If my labor is pending with company A and I have to leave that company and join company B. Is that possible that my labor with company A might be moved/transferred to company B without any change in it. If this is true then PD will remain same with company B?
I will really appreciate the answer.
Thanks
malidar

You cant change/transfer the labor to the new company B.The labor belongs to A and the PD remains there only. You can join B,file a new labor thru PERM with B, keep in good terms with A,when the labor goes thru with A,either join him back or ask him to file i140 and get it approved. When the PERM labor from B approves file 140 and when u have both 140's approved you can file 485 with the earliest PD dosent matter if one is EB2 or EB3..it is possible I heard and banking on this idea as I have a EB3-2002 Dec(India...so no good for how many years dont know..) and EB2-2003 Oct..

until then it is tight rope walk..

finally labor Came

hi folks,
Today I opened my mailbox and found a letter from PBEC stating that My labour has been approved . finally sigh of relief, Thank you to all of you guys for helping me whenever I needed.

Certifying officer is Barbara Shelly.

Certication date is 27 Jul 2006.