Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

akrkap said:
Dear Sakina & Senior Members,

I had posted few queries few months back and Sakina and other members were kind enough to provide me with their valuable inputs. I am into another situation now and want to seek some inputs.

My LC was filed from company A in NJ in June 2002 (EB3). We got an RFE last week that the company is going to respond. Basically, this was for a position with BS degree with 1-year work experience. At the time when I had joined the company in 2000 (initially on OPT and then on H1b), I only had work experience working at the University. I joined company A, right after completed my BS degree. Since I only had working experience of 1 year from the university, the LC was prepared accordingly for the position requested for GC. (BS with 1-year experience).

The RFE is asking my employer to prove how my experience working at the university (since the LC stated that I had 1 year experience) proves 1 year of work experience required for the position. In addition, they are asking about company information (# of folks currently employed, etc).

I am looking for alternatives to stay in this country in the event the current LC RFE that my company is going to respond to get declined.

Currently, I am almost towards the end of my 5th year (6th year will start Sep 1st) on H1B. I was advised that I should apply for PERM with company B (As they can now take into account my experience – I have 5 years experience and also a MS degree, which I obtained after I joined company A). I was told that in order for me to apply for a 7th year extension, after Sep 07, I have to have PERM field before my 6th year starts which is Sep 06).

If I do not go with company B with PERM, and in the event my current LC gets declined, I will have to go back. I was also told that it may be not worth applying for PERM again with the current company as they will not be able to use the MS and work experience that I obtained after I joined them). I may be back to the same situation.

I have a company B who is willing to file PERM for me at the earliest. They want me to transfer H1b and off course current billing with the client. I know this company is reliable so I don’t have any concerns on that. I am just confused about my 7th year extension and the right thing to do.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

I will sincerely appreciate it if you guys can help me again! Thank you!

Raj
LC Filed (Company A, EB2, NJ) – June 2002
RFE (June 2006), Company in process of responding.

Hi

You can start the prepartion for PERM with Company B immediately. Because it might take 2 months for that July & Aug. Then you can apply for PERM in Sep 2006 before your 6th Year starts. In the meantime your old Labor will know some results based on RFE. You can continue with your compoany till Sep 2007 if Compnay B is willing to do PERM for Future employment and if your old labor gets rejected then you can join Compnay B

Consult an Attorney with all options as you cannot xplain all the facts here and because of that the opinions given here is subjective

Transfering Case from EB3 RIR to EB2 Perm

Gurus,

Can you please respond to my query?

I am working with company A which has filed my RIR labor in EB3 category with a priority date in Jan 2003. Now they are planning to file my labor through Perm. Is it possible for me to retain the original priority of Jan 2003 if they file in Eb2 category through PERM.

Regards,

State?

Please inform which state, case # very, very, very close to mine!

magra said:
My labor certification was finally approved! Final Determination letter dated on May 31st, arrived today.

245(i), RIR
45 day letter in April 2005
Approved 5/31/06
Priority Date: April 30th 2001

Case# P-05028-xxxxx

atyagi73 said:
This is insane.

I can understand your frustration, But in a sence this is not insane. But for the bloody BEC, All cases filed from Pittsburgh would have cleared a long time ago and they all would have gotten their GC before retrogression began.

bplboy said:
Congrates KK_KK

Just want to confirm that your Date Filed is 10/6/2004? Oct 6 2004 as mins was filed from Pittsburgh July 2004.....

Once again congrates

Hoping every one here will come out from here very soon.

bplboy , Is your RIR or NON RIR.

My collegue got his labour (PIT- NON -RIR , PD 09/2003) approved a long time ago (more than a year ago) where as the RIR applications from the same time are not touched.

Now KK_Kk is also NON-RIR !! Not sure what is happening in BEC.

Labor approved!!!

Finally I got my LC approval after 3 years of waiting!!! I couldn't believe that :)
Here is the details:
PD 07/2003, Non-RIR, FL, Regional.
45 days letter - 01/2006.
In my company there are ~ 30 pending cases in PBEC, only few of them are approved - 2 from 2001, 2 from 2003 and 1 from 2004. At the same time there are ~ 6-7 cases from 2001 still pending...
Good luck to everybody!
Now let's enjoy World Cup Soccer!!! :)

What a day!!! Starts with Oct 2003 approval and ends with July 2003 approval and God knows whats happening to 2001/2002 cases.

To top it all, I found out that my case is not closed but so far it is not approved either. So cant expect any news for next 2-3 weeks from lawyer/employer.

July_2003 said:
Finally I got my LC approval after 3 years of waiting!!! I couldn't believe that :)
Here is the details:
PD 07/2003, Non-RIR, FL, Regional.
45 days letter - 01/2006.
In my company there are ~ 30 pending cases in PBEC, only few of them are approved - 2 from 2001, 2 from 2003 and 1 from 2004. At the same time there are ~ 6-7 cases from 2001 still pending...
Good luck to everybody!
Now let's enjoy World Cup Soccer!!! :)

Congratulation, Can you give PXXX # My case is also 2003 FL
PD 12/11/2003
P0513-XXXX

va_aug_2002 said:
What a day!!! Starts with Oct 2003 approval and ends with July 2003 approval and God knows whats happening to 2001/2002 cases.

To top it all, I found out that my case is not closed but so far it is not approved either. So cant expect any news for next 2-3 weeks from lawyer/employer.

I believe they are clearing all regional cases. You see pittsburg and florida cases got approved with recent dates because they were regional. I am happy, one person gets an approval means one person less in queue :)

PBECIsKillingMe said:
I believe they are clearing all regional cases. You see pittsburg and florida cases got approved with recent dates because they were regional. I am happy, one person gets an approval means one person less in queue :)

I want to know how long does it take to clear LC , if the case source is shown as - state.
i want to know when it is referred to regional.

I really appreciate your input.

Thx,
:)

Currently PBEC is approving cases which has reached regional. There is no timeframe as to when PBEC will start looking up cases which are in state. However if PBEC is serious about clearing cases by Sept 2007 then they have to atlease finish all the regional cases in the next few months.

We will have to wait and watch !! :rolleyes:

rikki said:
I want to know how long does it take to clear LC , if the case source is shown as - state.
i want to know when it is referred to regional.

I really appreciate your input.

Thx,

GC_from_NJ said:
Currently PBEC is approving cases which has reached regional. There is no timeframe as to when PBEC will start looking up cases which are in state. However if PBEC is serious about clearing cases by Sept 2007 then they have to atlease finish all the regional cases in the next few months.

We will have to wait and watch !! :rolleyes:

Could you guess let me know how to know the case status if the if the case source is marked as STATE.

Thanks,

This site was referenced by a work colleague that is also a labor certificate applicant. I have found reading the threads to be intriguing yet very frustrating at times, for it has been over 4 years since I applied for my labor certificate. I have been very skeptical in making career changes for fear that I would have to reapply or a new employer would not be willing to sponsor my application…it is a very difficult situation. At the same time, I can identify and am empathetic with workload and operations of the labor board - I was employed by Canadian customs for 8 years.

This is my first time submitting a response on this thread and therefore I will keep my comments and concerns to a minimum. Most important, does anyone have any recommendations on the measures that can be taken to obtain the status of my labor certificate? The response that was received by both my employer and I is that status updates are not given after the 45 day notification is issued. Sixteen months have elapsed since a 45 day notification was received. Judging from the recent approvals I fear that my application may be lost or misplaced….should I be concerned?

Also, is the registry information that I have provided correct/adequate

Thank you,
Mark

SWA: Maryland
Priority Date (PD): Dec 18, 01
RD (Philly - Transferred to PBEC.): 09/07/2004
45 Day Notification Letter Received: January 19, 2005 / Reply: January 25, 2006
Case Number# P-03411-611 (on backlog acknowledgment letter)
P-04288-20815 (on 45 day notification letter)
Last Major Action: 45 Day letter

mjames,

you have provided adequate information, "mdwatch" or "mvinays" will add it to the PBEC tracker. Also I highly recommend that you edit your previous post to remove last 5 digits of your case numbers and replace it with xxxx

We are all waiting and in the same boat. There are lots of activities going on to get PBEC speed up the process, from faxing DOL officials to newspaper campaigns to IV lobbying.

Welcome to the forum and keep checking the posts. I believe this forums provides a much broader perspective of the backlog process than any attorney can.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Mine also went to region in June'04 and would have cleared by Dec'04 if they didn't come with the brilliant idea of BECs....

Thanks for your reply

MDwatch said:
If your case has changed from T to P, call your lawyer and HR to check on the 45DL. When the change occurs, a 45DL is generated. We don't know how long it takes for them to send it our but it has either happened already or is about to happen. Keep us posted :)

MDWatch :)
I have received my 45 days letter on June 9th. Please update the tracker.

PBECIsKillingMe said:

Hmm.. While I am somewhat happy for the 2003 cases getting approved (someone is out of this, by hook or crook feeling;-) I don't agree that "one person gets an approval means one person less in queue". That person joined the line after us and gets out before us.