Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

tot-batot said:
Canstandit
were you on EB3 on your previous job or on EB2, actually I am in kind of same situation as you are , a company wants to hire me and they will file the PERM for Eb2. Currently I am on EB3. Since I am also from Non-retrogress country, I have 5 years of experience and a bachelors degree which I think qualifies me for the EB2 catagory. I talked with my lawyer and he said not to do it as not tranfer to eEb2 as it might be risky.
Please advice what should I do in this situation, am I qualified for Eb2, is there any risk. I will appriciate as much input as any body can put. Please help

RIR , EB3 PD December 2003
45 days letter reeived and replied in septeber 2005
I am on the number 21842 from 45900 RIR cases, DOL is processing 400 cases a day , at this time at PBEC

Tot, I "thought" my old labor was EB3, but in fact it was EB2 all the time, I just didn't know about it.

If you're really qualified for EB2, you should go for it. I don't understand why your lawyer said "not to transfer" ... it would NOT be a labor transfer, you'd be filing a brand new case using PERM.

I think you're having a miscommunication with your lawyer. Just tell him you want a brand new application, using EB2 criteria. If he insists, dump him.

Of course, you gotta make SURE the job/position really requires BS + 5, that's what matters, not whether you have BS + 5. Evidently, if your job/position requires BS +5, then you HAVE to have such qualifications.

hope it helps

MDwatch said:
I was in a meeting and missed the begining of the conference call. Now it's closed. Can someone post a summary of the discussion ?

Thanks
MDWatch

As posted by someone here Rajiv has suggeted the following three options to be pursued simultaneously

These are followup action Moderators/all of us will do in the next few days

1) Write letters to Senators/ Congressmen as well as to Assistant Secratory ETA Emily DeRocco individually as well as send these letters to Rajiv and he will send a letter collectively on our behalf to DeRocco.

We need to suggest points to include in the letter to Rajiv and Rajiv will give us a format to use.

We can find elected officials in our zip at the following
http://capwiz.com/aila2/dbq/officials/

Moderators or anyone in this forum : Write up the points to highlight and sacbee will send that to Rajiv for Draft. He will also find out from Rajiv how to send the same and to whom ( after talking to Rajiv on the same). LADUDE you can cordinate on this if anyone post points and draft a final list of points to be sent to Rajiv

2)Rajiv can help file a request under Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to the department of labor to discolose information.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/foia/main.htm

Sacbee will followup with Rajiv Office on this and get back to us. Better we come out with a Format for (1) so that he can discuss that along with this while talking to Rajiv office on Monday

3) Rajiv can file a request to disclose information under the Privacy Act, in order to do so, we will need information on individual cases.

I think Rajiv might need Complete Inofrmation on all our cases . Sacbee will work out some modalities with Rajiv offcie and set up a Contact person and address to whom and where we all should send our Individual Case Details for this option

Rajiv is willing to do all this at no charge to us.

Sacbee to confirm on this one more time with Rajiv and inform all of us about this.If all the three options are free then it is very good

Thanks a Zillion to Rajiv and all his Team for their efforts in helping us out on this. They have contributed their Time, Knowledge and Money for all us

Whenever we submitt details to Rajiv please send a Thank you note without fail

ALL : Since Rajiv services might be free come to the other Thread and update your information ( all cases which are 2001 & 2002 from PBEC )

If this is successful it will help all 2003 & 2004 cases as well since PBEC has to follow some pattern after this with jumping in between like how they did for 2001 & 2003 cases. So at this point we can go with these cases which will give us better stand to complain

KGC05 said:
If you keep PBEC updated with your current residence addredd it will help you to get your approval copy when they send one to your home address. However they will also send a copy to your lawyer. Please check with your lawyer on this.

thanks! yep I know that rule but it is not mandatory. Only think is I want to avoid a situation of giving address of X state when labor is filed from Y. So it is better I will depend on mt lawyers address... bottomline is when reality will happen -who knows! thanks again for your reply.

LC Approved EB2 RIR CA PD 11/05/2002

Hi Everybody,

Great news. Got my LC approval for my EB2 RIR filing from California on June 08th. Just recieved news yesterday from my attorney.

Just wishing good luck to everybody else who is waiting. I think they have started finally processing more cases recently.

ajn007
------------------------------------
45 days Letter responded 03/10/2005
45 days Letter received 02/23/2005
LC transfered to Regional 08/22/2003
PD 11/05/2002 (state CA, RIR, EB2)
p-04324-06xxxx

Congratulations!

ajn007 said:
Hi Everybody,

Great news. Got my LC approval for my EB2 RIR filing from California on June 08th. Just recieved news yesterday from my attorney.

Just wishing good luck to everybody else who is waiting. I think they have started finally processing more cases recently.

ajn007
------------------------------------
45 days Letter responded 03/10/2005
45 days Letter received 02/23/2005
LC transfered to Regional 08/22/2003
PD 11/05/2002 (state CA, RIR, EB2)
p-04324-06xxxx

Congratulations!
One question: did you ever try to get a screen-shot? If so, what was received date on that?

Everyone:
What does the received date mean on the screenshots? My PD is 11/08/2002, that is listed correctly. Additionally, there is a "Received" date which is listed as 12/28/2004. I am guessing, it is the date PBEC received the case, can anyone confirm?

Also, can any one explain the break-down of BEC case numbers. I had seen a break down long time back, but can't find where it was posted.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please help! Sakina and all - Thanks!

Dear Sakina & Senior Members,

I had posted few queries few months back and Sakina and other members were kind enough to provide me with their valuable inputs. I am into another situation now and want to seek some inputs.

My LC was filed from company A in NJ in June 2002 (EB3). We got an RFE last week that the company is going to respond. Basically, this was for a position with BS degree with 1-year work experience. At the time when I had joined the company in 2000 (initially on OPT and then on H1b), I only had work experience working at the University. I joined company A, right after completed my BS degree. Since I only had working experience of 1 year from the university, the LC was prepared accordingly for the position requested for GC. (BS with 1-year experience).

The RFE is asking my employer to prove how my experience working at the university (since the LC stated that I had 1 year experience) proves 1 year of work experience required for the position. In addition, they are asking about company information (# of folks currently employed, etc).

I am looking for alternatives to stay in this country in the event the current LC RFE that my company is going to respond to get declined.

Currently, I am almost towards the end of my 5th year (6th year will start Sep 1st) on H1B. I was advised that I should apply for PERM with company B (As they can now take into account my experience – I have 5 years experience and also a MS degree, which I obtained after I joined company A). I was told that in order for me to apply for a 7th year extension, after Sep 07, I have to have PERM field before my 6th year starts which is Sep 06).

If I do not go with company B with PERM, and in the event my current LC gets declined, I will have to go back. I was also told that it may be not worth applying for PERM again with the current company as they will not be able to use the MS and work experience that I obtained after I joined them). I may be back to the same situation.

I have a company B who is willing to file PERM for me at the earliest. They want me to transfer H1b and off course current billing with the client. I know this company is reliable so I don’t have any concerns on that. I am just confused about my 7th year extension and the right thing to do.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

I will sincerely appreciate it if you guys can help me again! Thank you!

Raj
LC Filed (Company A, EB2, NJ) – June 2002
RFE (June 2006), Company in process of responding.

gchelpme said:
thanks! yep I know that rule but it is not mandatory. Only think is I want to avoid a situation of giving address of X state when labor is filed from Y. So it is better I will depend on mt lawyers address... bottomline is when reality will happen -who knows! thanks again for your reply.

How do you update PBEC with your current home address???? Gurus, please share...

LC got approved.

Finally my LC got approved. I just got an email from my Attorney. I was not expecting at all. It is a big suprise to me. I don't know what triggered my case to be touched by Backlog Elimination center. But around 15 days ago, my immigration attorney requested for proof LC for 9th year extention. Though the case went to regional, wrong case status "State" is mentioned in the proof of LC . He had pursued on that by sending an email to PBEC.

Here are the case details.

PD: 10/29/03, EB2/RIR
State: GA
Went to regional: Dec/03
45 day letter: Mar/April 2005, replied back with in 20 days.
Approved: Got an email from attorney on 06/12/06. Not sure on which date exactly it got approved.

This forum is great. It really provides a wealth of information. Good luck and thanks to every body.

Address Change

RC0878 said:
How do you update PBEC with your current home address???? Gurus, please share...

You can just send an email to Info@PHI.DFLC.US with your old and new address. Thats what I did and after about a month or so I got a confirmation from them. This is what I got back

----------------------
Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your request for a change of address. Please note that our system has been updated with this information.

If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:
http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

There is no need to submit multiple requests. If you have not already received one, the next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to:

h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us

Sincerely,

DFLC Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

------------------------------------------------

md_alien said:
Congratulations ga03. So now they have started looking into 2003 cases too..

No, not really. it's just a random case, they do that from time to time and no one, including the one who approved the case, knows why they approved when 2001/2002 are waiting. Good thing is atleast they are doing something, approving cases even though its random, instead of just sitting and doing nothing. Like they did for first couple of years.

Is it 2002 or 2003

How can it go to regional in 2 months. I think PD is 2002

GC_Lover said:
No, not really. it's just a random case, they do that from time to time and no one, including the one who approved the case, knows why they approved when 2001/2002 are waiting. Good thing is atleast they are doing something, approving cases even though its random, instead of just sitting and doing nothing. Like they did for first couple of years.

sarathynp said:

From some states it used to go to regional faster than from the others. Also when GA03 himself is surprised with his approval I am thinking it really is a 2003 case.

Finally

My labor certification was finally approved! Final Determination letter dated on May 31st, arrived today.

245(i), RIR
45 day letter in April 2005
Approved 5/31/06
Priority Date: April 30th 2001

Case# P-05028-xxxxx

It is indeed Oct 2003 case.

sarathynp said:

It is indeed Oct 2003 case. Went to regional with in 2 months.

magra said:
My labor certification was finally approved! Final Determination letter dated on May 31st, arrived today.

245(i), RIR
45 day letter in April 2005
Approved 5/31/06
Priority Date: April 30th 2001

Case# P-05028-xxxxx

Congrats

RIR/EB2
PD: Jan 2003-NY
45 day letter rcvd: Feb 01
Replied: Feb 15

As soon as we got this letter our attorney told us we can get our Labor approved with in 3 months to 1 yrs time.

But when I see the "Labor Approval" Thread there are many approvals whose PD is in or before Nov 2002. So is this an indication that PBEC will soon start approving Dec 02, Jan 03, Feb 03,.....like that?

-What is the benifit in getting a screen shot?
-What is the proceedure to get one?

Please help, hope this endless wait will come to an end soon.