Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Congrats

Congratulations!!

Could you please share more details about your case. Like EB-3/RIR, 45 day letter and first few digits of case ID.

Good luck with your I-140.

WAIT_N_4GC said:
Hi all,
Today I received copy of LC approval letter from Philly BEC at Home address and original copy was sent to My Company.

State: CA
PD : 25 Nov, 2002

Many thanks to all of you for great info in this thread and also thanks to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing space and support for this forum .

Wish you guys good luck and get yr LC soon.

www.H4Help.org

Lekhika said:
www.H4Help.org – A new website launched.
It is a place where dependent visa holders in the US can get guidance on what they can do about their helpless situation. They can network with fellow dependent visa holders, help each other find jobs, help advocates in improving policies by participating in the survey, volunteer… etc. The possibilities are endless. Please let everyone with dependent visa know about this site… This site is started by a dependent visa holder and right now it is run by hand full of people. If you are interested in being part this non-profit organization, please email us at feedback@H4Help.org.

This is in response to posts about www.H4Help.org

1) The personal questions are asked to build a valid case to advocate against the limitations of these dependent visas. If you just have arbitrary data, it is hard to prove a case. Also, no information on the survey is mandatory expect a valid email id so that one can be contacted if a specific case is needed to be represented etc...

2) About helping each other finding job, it is not illegal. We are not suggesting anyone hold an illegal jobs. Spouses of H4B work for companies who sponsor H1Bs. So, if they have any opening and are willing to sponsor for H1B they can let others know about the openings through the forums... and even help submit the resumes personally etc. This way finding a job for H4Bs, which is in most cases is really difficult, would be that much more easier.

3) This is a non profit site, run by a handful of people, which hopes that concerned people (H4Bs, F2 etc and their spouses H1Bs, F1 etc) take a lead in using the tools on the site and help themselves and others like them to improve their situation...

4) We hope to build a community for current and future dependent visa holders, one place where they can go and get all the information and support they need. We need people to get involved. Please spare some of your time and help us take this site further. Take part in discussions... Write to us at feedback@H4Help.org for any suggestions to make the site more useful. We are also working hard, for free, to put more substance in the site...

Thanks for those who came and visited us and also to those who reffered us to their spouse and friends. Please be patient with us, we are a new site. It will take time to make it an active community... For that we also need people like you!

Urgent Need Help !!

Gurus
I need urgent help. I am working for company A and have applied for 7th year extension. I am EB3 with priority date of Dec 2003 from non-retrogress country. Today I have got a very good job offer from company B, they are willing to transfer my H1b visa and everything. My first thought is since the job is going fine with company A , switching to company B will lose my priority date since they apply for the H1 and I have to apply the labor again ,obviously in PERM. My question is that is it possible to reapply my labor from comapny B under EB2, since EB2 is current. I dont have master degree but I do have bachelors degree with 5 years of US experience, will I be able to qualify for Eb2.

I really appriciate all of your help

Thanks

Tot-batot

No recruitment-phase ??

gc_ny_victim said:
2 weeks after my 45 day letter reply, I was surprised to get a letter from PBLC to my home address indicating that my labor was certified on May 30th. Looks like PBLC is looking at early 2002 now.

Good Luck to All.

See you guys in 140 forums.

tot-batot said:
Gurus
I need urgent help. I am working for company A and have applied for 7th year extension. I am EB3 with priority date of Dec 2003 from non-retrogress country. Today I have got a very good job offer from company B, they are willing to transfer my H1b visa and everything. My first thought is since the job is going fine with company A , switching to company B will lose my priority date since they apply for the H1 and I have to apply the labor again ,obviously in PERM. My question is that is it possible to reapply my labor from comapny B under EB2, since EB2 is current. I dont have master degree but I do have bachelors degree with 5 years of US experience, will I be able to qualify for Eb2.

I really appriciate all of your help

Thanks

Tot-batot

If you have progressive 5+ years experience then you definitely qualify for EB2.

Cric said:
If you have progressive 5+ years experience then you definitely qualify for EB2.
My understanding is that regardless of the fact that you have 5 years or 10 years of experience, for a person to qualify for the EB2, the "JOB/POSITION" "should" require a person with such an experience....

An example being for data entry operator, the skillset required "may" be high school graduate, if you are person with 10 years and gets employed for this, it does not qualify you to file for EB2... Ofcourse a competent lawyer can TWIST the employment description and docs enough for you...

Please know that I am not attempting to undermine you or your job or capabilities...

Regardless of the above statement, please remember that its just an understanding/interpretation... please consult a competent legal authority for appropriate direction...

Thanks,
- Kiran

Last edited by a moderator:
kiran00 said:
My understanding is that regardless of the fact that you have 5 years or 10 years of experience, for a person to qualify for the EB2, the "JOB/POSITION" "should" require a person with such an experience....

An example being for data entry operator, the skillset required "may" be high school graduate, if you are person with 10 years and gets employed for this, it does not qualify you to file for EB2... Ofcourse a competent lawyer can TWIST the employment description and docs enough for you...

Please know that I am not attempting to undermine you or your job or capabilities...

Regardless of the above statement, please remember that its just an understanding/interpretation... please consult a competent legal authority for appropriate direction...

Thanks,
- Kiran

I totally agree with you, yes, the position being called for should also justify that only a person who has a masters or a bachelors with 5+ years of progressive experience can do the job.

Eb2

kiran00 said:

Thanks,
- Kiran

Kiran
Thanks very much for your advice, but I dont think that there is H1B visas for data entry people, H1 b is for highly skilled workers, so based on the job that I am doing as Information Security Analyst, can I be qualified for Eb2 catagory.

Tot batot

aamchimumbai said:
No offense. Where did u get this info from....about employer/lawyer should not accept money to file H1/H4. I paid for my own H1 - lawyer fees, but the filing fees were picked up by the company (as per the law).

Correct me if am wrong.

ok, technically, H1 is the property of the employer, even though we are the beneficiaries too?? so if employer has to do H1 for us, thru lawyer, how is it legal for us to pay the legal fees, lawyer is not Working for us, he is working for the employer. so how is it legal to the lawyers to accept money from us, when he is working for our employer?? someone wants to give an other spin to this??

LC approved

Hi All,
I got my CA RIR EB3 LC approved on 24th of May 2006. Earlier my case was closed and again, we ask them to re-open around 6 weeks back.

Type: EB3 RIR
PD: 15 JULY 2002
Labor certified: 24th May 2006

All the best for you all waiting for long long time!

congratulations

GCRisk said:
Hi All,
I got my CA RIR EB3 LC approved on 24th of May 2006. Earlier my case was closed and again, we ask them to re-open around 6 weeks back.

congratulations !

GCRisk said:
Hi All,

Labor Certified!

Hi Guys,

My HR just showed me the letter of approval from DOL- ETA-PBEC saying that my "form ETA 750 has been certified." This is a big relief and I sincerely hope that people stuck from before get their letter soon.

Let me know if you guys have any questions for me. My case details:

CA RIR EB2
PD Nov 15, 2002
RD SFO Sept. 10, 2003
45-Day letter received/replied: March 20-25, 2005
ETA case#: P-04324-0xxxx
Required: Master's + 0
Had: Master's + 2
Got the H1B 7 year screen-shot twice.
Certification letter dated: May 18, 2006
Certification letter received: June 8, 2006

Thanks to all who contributed and have been contributing to this forum. Good luck to all!!

va_aug_2002 said:
Aug03,

I had done some research for exploring retaining PD with change in employer. Please check the Forum below where it says you need to have First I140 approved but also that its better not to have that revoked.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=205698

There is also mention of an article from murthy.com which says
" It is possible to transfer a PD from one employment-based green card case to another, filed for the same individual, if the first case has reached the point where the 1-140 petition has been approved. "

http://murthy.com/news/n_nscins.html.

Let me know what you think.

Gurus,

Any idea if we need to have first I140 approved and also not revoked to retain the original PD during change of employer?

Thanks.

Hi,

After reading thru the article on Murthy.com, this is what is my interpretation of the situation.
1. I140 for the first LC should be approved FIRST (better if not revoked by employer) if older PD is intended to be used for filing I140 based on a second/subsequent LC.
2. If older PD is intended to be used when filing I485, then both I140's must be approved, regardless of the order of their approval.

I am forwarding this article to my lawyer for his interpretation. He may also be able to go thru the actual text of filing instructions issued by NSC in this regard. Let's see what our lawyers have to say about this (if at all they take time to investigate).

- Aug03

pawnrule said:
Legal Immigrants `Stuck' as U.S. Agencies Struggle With Backlog
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=aJxl3j_vmv7Y&refer=home

An article with an interesting focus on Labor applications.

" At the Labor Department, all 235,000 of the backed-up applications date from before the department began an electronic processing system in March 2005. The backlog is scheduled to be cleared by September 2007, the Department said.

Crystal Williams, deputy director for programs at the American Immigration Lawyers Association, a Washington-based group of about 10,000 immigration attorneys, said her members believe that while Immigration Services may eliminate its application backlog this year, they're more concerned about progress at the Labor Department. "

good job immigrationvoice.org

Wrong occupation title in h1b7yr screenshot

I got my h1b7yr screenshot , but the occupation title/code are wrong. I knew some ppl got their RIR/Non-RIR or priority date messed up by BEC before. Did anyone try to correct the error? Any suggestion? Or any success story?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any NON RIR Approvals

Any Non RIR Approvals ???
bit worried...thought atleast the 2001 -early 2002 cases would start gettng approvals now or is it going the dallas way where they first finish all RIR before touching Traditional cases..... :(