Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

key1973 said:
If she had qualification and could find her own sponsor, then she could apply her own h1b visa and her gc too. They had had 6yrs to find a job.
Am i missing something?

Yes, if she (or he) has been in the US for 6 years and is currently on H4, she cannot get a new H1, without going out of the country for one year. Even if she was on H1 earlier..

NJ31may02 said:
Try applying for Discover Card. They will reject the application if applicant is not a citizen or PR. I got rejected in the same way for being too truthful.

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/discovercard/apply-for-a-card/d2go
This is not very true.

I had a discover card for last 3-4 years and then recently i cancelled it because I never used it. Since then, the Discover reps called me few times to check why I cancelled it and if there is anything they could do to re-activate it. They even offered me 0% interest for life of my balance transfer. I had shut them off after giving them several reasons.

Home Loans and stuff, I am not sure, but I guess it again depends.

Let's not divert the attention and please guys start posting any new approvals.

"Pre-approved" Discover denied bec. I was on H1

GCSyndrome said:
very untrue. I have had discover for more than 4 yrs. it is all about your FICO score

I got "Pre-approved" Discover offer. I filled it out and sent it, and got a denial notice. Called and talked to rep who explained that NO Temporary worker is eligible for Discover card. I told her Many of my friends and even my brother who are on H1 have discover cards, and she says, Oh they must have lied on the application form. I got pissed and hung up on her.

envision

envision said:
I've been a silent observer for a while, but decided to be brave today. Anyway, what is BEC ??? My labor certification was filed under 245 i in 2001 and I got my labor certification in December(approximately 4years after) I just petitioned for I140 on April 11 and got a receipt .I've checked the processing dates, and they're at January 17 2006. Hopefully I will hear from USCIS sometime this year.
:)

envision,
This forum is for folks waiting for labor certification from Philladelphia Backlog Elimination Center (BEC).

I understand that 140 takes less than 2 months to get approved - so you must see it before mid 2006! by the way, have you filed 485 concurrently? If not, do that.

As your case was under 245i please let us know if your case was processed for 140 as EB3 or under a different category.

Thanks and all the best.

congratulations!

did your case reach the atlanta regional level?

sajikgopi said:
Folks, wanted to let you know that my labor was approved from PBEC today.PD-july 2002, type-non RIR, 45 day letter - feb 2005, state - TN. thanks.

MannyD said:
envision,
This forum is for folks waiting for labor certification from Philladelphia Backlog Elimination Center (BEC).

I understand that 140 takes less than 2 months to get approved - so you must see it before mid 2006! by the way, have you filed 485 concurrently? If not, do that.

As your case was under 245i please let us know if your case was processed for 140 as EB3 or under a different category.

Thanks and all the best.

I got my LC from Philly and yes it was filed for EB3... No I did not file my 485, because I wasn't aware that I could. The labour certification only suggested the I140 :confused:

Reasking the same question

Is there a relation between enquiring and approvals?? :rolleyes:

NewAflatoon said:
To the people who get labor approved recently --

Has your lawyer or employee instigated an enquiry about the status of your case or any other issue with BEC in the past few months.

Or the last time you/employee/lawyer has the words exchanged with BEC at the time of 45-days notice and then you were wondering what is happening to your case and one good day your recieve the approval notice.

I was just curious if enquiries has any effect on the speed of approvals??

sajikgopi.. CONGRATS

sajikgopi said:
Folks, wanted to let you know that my labor was approved from PBEC today.PD-july 2002, type-non RIR, 45 day letter - feb 2005, state - TN. thanks.

great news for NON-RIR folks!

- pls can share few digits of your ETA number
- also what was the recruitment process followed for you case?
- was there any involvement from your employer's side in terms of interviewing candidates who applied to the advt. process?

greatly appreciate more info from you
Many thanks

GCSyndrome said:
very untrue. I have had discover for more than 4 yrs. it is all about your FICO score

very untrue, try applying for citi bank, emigrant bank, discover card... online and they will show you what you are missing by not having GC.

Just wait till next year, DL will be tied to immigration status. It is already implemented in NJ for 3 years now. Just think of a scenerio where one can work for 9 months after your status expires (assuming you have extention filled) but this bojos at DMV thinks he/she is out of status.

Believe me, our status affects every aspect of our life. Just because someone got a mortgage or a credit card doesn't mean H1 status is equivalent to GC. Even speeding ticket on H1 can haunt someone for life. And if DUI is added to it, he/she dont even need to visit this forum anymore.

Denial is not solution.

Nice to see lot of awareness efforts going on.

Well said

USCISisMockery said:
very untrue, try applying for citi bank, emigrant bank, discover card... online and they will show you what you are missing by not having GC.

Just wait till next year, DL will be tied to immigration status. It is already implemented in NJ for 3 years now. Just think of a scenerio where one can work for 9 months after your status expires (assuming you have extention filled) but this bojos at DMV thinks he/she is out of status.

Believe me, our status affects every aspect of our life. Just because someone got a mortgage or a credit card doesn't mean H1 status is equivalent to GC. Even speeding ticket on H1 can haunt someone for life. And if DUI is added to it, he/she dont even need to visit this forum anymore.

Denial is not solution.

Nice to see lot of awareness efforts going on.

Well Said USCISisMockery, Just because someone got a mortgage or a credit card doesn't mean H1 status is equivalent to GC

ahalem said:
Saknia,

Thanks for all your replies.
My case was PD of Nov 2001, NY State and 45 day reply date of March 2005, and its over 14 months now with no reply since I got the none making sense 45 days letter. Does not that blow up the pattern you are using for these estimation dates? What do you think? do i still have hope!

You are NEXT

Attention All Members

Well every one has had good or bad experiences................

Can we all please stop this discussion about mortgages and how to or not to file for discover card

received letter from dol

folks,

about five weeks back, i wrote a stinging letter to the assistant secretary emily stover derocco about the bec mess. i'll try to see if i can post the entire letter.

surprisingly, a couple of days back, i received a reply from john beverly's office, in which the dol said that they are aware of the bec mess and are trying to develop a mechanism by which the employer and the lawyer can atleast check the status of an application.

i also came to know the status of my application. unfortunately, not certified as yet but atleast came to know that it has been put in an analyst's queue for review. this was done on february 26.

Congrats!!!!!!!

Finally PBEC touched a Tennessee case. Though my PD is way behind, I am happy to see the light for all ATL regional center folks!

sajikgopi said:

that still depends on this case if it went to Regional ATL...
Not yet ATL ...
PBECVictim10000 said:
Congrats!!!!!!!

Finally PBEC touched a Tennessee case. Though my PD is way behind, I am happy to see the light for all ATL regional center folks!