Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

venram said:
I just received (10 mts back) an email from my attorney. My LCA has been approved and I can file both 140 and 485.

Saknia,
Thanks a lot for your very kind words in your last reply to my posting. You are the best person in the world !!!!! If I happen to see you, I would put a lot of sugar in your mouth (a south indian tradition) .... Thank you so much !!!!!

Congrats Venram and all the best in future stages

Iam happy for you now. I wish I could predict for all Guys here like that and every one will pour sugar like that. Let us hope that Wish will come true one day

congrats

saknia said:
Congrats Venram and all the best in future stages

Iam happy for you now. I wish I could predict for all Guys here like that and every one will pour sugar like that. Let us hope that Wish will come true one day

Congrats Venram... Saknia you are the best. ;)

dbr said:
My case NJ-RIR-EB3-June 2002,
I have not received 45 day letter.

You should follow up with your attorney as well, Lot of NJ cases around 2002 are being approved now. Please act fast. With PBEC a day lost is a Year Lost

Does EB3 Matters

Hi All:
Recently there have been some approvals with PD June-July 2002. None of them were EB3/Non-RIR, Is there a reason?

Anybody please explain the reasoning behind no EB3/Non-RIR approvals with PD June-July 2002.

My application is EB3/Non-RIR, PD 7/12/2002, 45 Day replied Feb 2005, from WV with SWA approval in May 2003.

Any estimates from experts like Saknia!!

Thanks

cantstandit said:
Yes, you can file PERM with a new company, because EB greencard is for future employment. However, you can't extend your visa based on PERM ... after you have an approved PERM, then you can file 140 and then, AFTER 140 gets approved, only then you can extend your H for 3 years.

I don't think company A can influence your transfer, unless you think they could call company B and tell some nasty things about you ;) just kiddin.

So I think you should be fine, keep working for A, start a new process with B, and once you have 140, you transfer your H to company B.

just my opinion ...

Thanks for your input cantstandit. If I can't convince new company to wait until PERM/I-140 comes through, do you think it is possble to transfer the rest of my 7th year H1B to the new company and also extend it at the same time based on labor certification filed with current company? And is it possible that current employer may learn that my H1B is being transfered (and extended) to the new company and try to stop it?

Thanks again :)

va_aug_2002 said:
Saknia,

Do you think it matters if it is EB2 or EB3 for LC approval? If it does not matter, hopefully they will reach my case in couple of months?

Thanks.

You are Next Buddy

Thanks for the info! I didn't find my case in the database but did receive 45 letters in May 05....and no response from PBEC to the inquiry for a screen shot.

GC_enroute said:
PERM means permanent. it doesnt mean perm process. All labor certificate that are processed for green card purpose is reffered as labor certificate for permanent position. The labor that is done during H1 is considered to be temporary position.

srinivas_o said:
Hi Saknia,

When can I expect my approval? Let me know ur guess...

Hi Srini

Eventhough you replied to 45 day letter in Feb 2005 your PD is 2003. I think PBEC will go by FIFO and it might take some time before they come to your case. May be few more months hopefully

congratulations !!

maybe another two months for me ...

venram said:
EB2 / RIR / VA

PD: 7/24/2002
RD: 4/24/2004
45 Letter - Recieved and Replied in Dec 2004
Approved Date - Dont know when exactly, but I was informed by attorney today that he recd my LCA approval.

Wish you all good luck for a speedy and quick emancipation from this BEC mess.

saknia said:
You are Next Buddy
Saknia,

Thanks a lot. I am waiting for that special email/phone call from lawyer/employer everyday. Even after LC approval, I will have to go a long way because of Eb3.

If your prediction becomes true and I get approval in April, I will surely send you a box of choclates :).

Thanks!

Any Guesses on my Case

Hi Saknia and Experts, My company has offerered me to file PERM. Dont know wheather i should go for it or not. Can you guys suggest me.. here are my details.. really getting sick of this slowness

SWA: Virginia
Priority Date Oct 31,2002
Forwarded to Philadelphia Regional DOL on June 22, 2004
BEC Case Number: P-04282-*****
EB2 - RIR
45 Day Letter Recvd on Feb 16th 2005
45 Day Letter Replied after a week

Thanks
Raj

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Hi Saknia and Experts, My company has offerered me to file PERM. Dont know wheather i should go for it or not. Can you guys suggest me.. here are my details.. really getting sick of this slowness

EB2 - RIR

Thanks
Raj

people from VA are getting approvals, you might be close although it's October 2002. I would hang on for a while if I were you.
PD of 2002 is too good to lose it.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:

EB2 - RIR

Thanks
Raj

Hi Raj

If PERM does not cost you anything - Go Ahead and file as it could be a Backup for you

If not wait for your 2002 LC It might come out Real soon for sure

Dont go PERM. Its not worth it because of the PD you have for RIR.

I believe you would get the approval in a month or 2.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:

EB2 - RIR

Thanks
Raj

RFEs?

We are seeing a number of approvals - is anyone getting RFEs these days and what is the nature of RFEs? Please post your case if you've received an RFE.
There are many non-MS guys here who'd probabaly be wondering if filing PERM is a valuable alternative or not as we may stand a better chance of getting LC rather than through PERM. If all or most LC cases are sailing through without much hassle, we may not want to pursue PERM (esp. if we're going to share the cost).
Thanks for your input.

saknia said:
Hi Raj

If PERM does not cost you anything - Go Ahead and file as it could be a Backup for you

If not wait for your 2002 LC It might come out Real soon for sure

Re: So Many Rejections. Why !!!

(http://www.murthy.com/news/n_relper.html)
The backlog processing centers (BPCs) began with just over 363,000 labor certifications in the backlog. The DOL reports that 108,000 of these cases have been completed. There are at least 255,000 cases that have not been completed. Of those cases completed, approximately 50,000 have been certified. This does not mean that there have been high rates of BPC denials. We believe it reflects the fact that a case is deemed "complete" if the employer chooses not to go forward at the 45-day letter stage.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
From DOL report (reference: http://www.immigration-law.com)

Backlog Cases:
Total Received: 363,000+
Total Completed: 108,000+
Total Certified: 50,000
Balance: 255,000
Full data entry will will be completed by 06/30/2006 as scheduled.

They have more than 50% rejection. Why ???

don't be deceived by DOL

DOL always lies. PART Performance Measurements (2005 fisical year, page 212) said "in 2004, reduce backlog by 36.5% from 270,000,and in 2005, by 42% from 171,450 (revised goal: Elimination of backlog by end of 2006)"

Then, how come there were 363,000 when the eliminating centers were created?

Does anyone know how many times have they revised their goals?

By September 2007? They Just want you to stay put and not to make any noise.

RALLY is the only way, guys!

saknia

Hi Sakina
Great Job and Really great help and great Prediction on the Cases and Great Analysis
My Case from Delaware and AUG-2002 45 days latter replied in JAN 05 or Feb 05...
And I got query and replied in aug05 waiting for approval... any idea???
Thank You for U R Great Analysis

Last edited by a moderator: