Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

saknia said:
Hi Don't get Heart Attack. Who will receive the mail for your Labor approval then

For Philly state the cases of 2002 were alaredy approved. For some states the case transfered to PBEC were of 2003 and not 2002. hence when they open up that Box they get approved
Hi Saknia! I'm new here but I've been fallowing the forum for some time already. What do you mean Philly's cases of 2002 were approved? My application was received by Labor Dept. in December 2002 and became regional in August 2003 and I haven't received my approval yet!!!! I received the 45 letter in January 2005... Thanks,

Delaware Labour

Delaware State Victims, Any Updates
Eb2 - Rir
State : Delaware
Pd : 12/10/2002
State Cleared : 11/2003
45 Days Letter : 09/2004 Replied Next Day
P-04260-xxxxx.
8th Year Extension Approved.

No Action For Delaware Cases, Very Dissapointing

PBEC Victims Should send a letter to Stephen Stefanko

We all should send Letter to Stephen Stefanko (Head of the Certifying Officers at PBEC) about the inconsistency in the labor approvals. There are so many pending LCs applied in 2001 and 2002 in PBEC. PBEC is doing random approvals. They are just opening a box and certifying 2003/2004 cases. DBEC is working 2004 cases.

Visa/I -485 dates are moving fast. (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2847.html) For ex INDIA EB2 cases 01JUL02

If 485 dates are moving faster than the PBEC approvals, From march to april visa dates for EB2 category moved from jan 2002 to July 2002. All the people applied for LC in 2001 and 2002 and did not get their LCs approved are at greater loss. We were already working in same company for more 4 years and with not much time left on H1 visa. So if some thing happens to our job/Company (Layoffs). we have to simply pack our bags and go home.

We all should write letters to the PBEC about this situation ASAP.

Stephen Stefanko (Certifying Officer)
Employment and Training Administration
Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania 19004

Converting TR to PERM

Hello,
My husband's company has offered to convert his TR (PD 2003 EB2) application to PERM. They have also given him a choice of filing a new applicaition (which obviously pushes his priority date by 3 years). TR and PERM applications have the same job description.
We are very confused as to what to do. In case his PERM application gets refused, he'll have to go out of the country for a year since his H1 expires next year.
Are there any risks in converting from TR (Traditional recruiting, not RIR) to PERM ? Please let me know your thoughts. I know that some people on this forum have done a lot of research.
Thanks.

dbar said:
Hello,
My husband's company has offered to convert his TR (PD 2003 EB2) application to PERM. They have also given him a choice of filing a new applicaition (which obviously pushes his priority date by 3 years). TR and PERM applications have the same job description.
We are very confused as to what to do. In case his PERM application gets refused, he'll have to go out of the country for a year since his H1 expires next year.
Are there any risks in converting from TR (Traditional recruiting, not RIR) to PERM ? Please let me know your thoughts. I know that some people on this forum have done a lot of research.
Thanks.

In my humble opinion, if the company offered to convert a TR to PERM I think you should go for it. TR implies that the recruitment is still to be done by the BEC just as it as to be done by the company for PERM.

In both cases, potential qualified and willing american citizens can be found. But if you do the recruitment for PERM, YOU can always decide who is qualified ... and if they even applied i guess. With your TR app at the BEC, well the BEC will do that and you have no control over it (at least that is my understanding.

Just my two cents :)

pran10 said:
We all should send Letter to Stephen Stefanko (Head of the Certifying Officers at PBEC) about the inconsistency in the labor approvals. There are so many pending LCs applied in 2001 and 2002 in PBEC. PBEC is doing random approvals. They are just opening a box and certifying 2003/2004 cases. DBEC is working 2004 cases.

Visa/I -485 dates are moving fast. (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2847.html) For ex INDIA EB2 cases 01JUL02

If 485 dates are moving faster than the PBEC approvals, From march to april visa dates for EB2 category moved from jan 2002 to July 2002. All the people applied for LC in 2001 and 2002 and did not get their LCs approved are at greater loss. We were already working in same company for more 4 years and with not much time left on H1 visa. So if some thing happens to our job/Company (Layoffs). we have to simply pack our bags and go home.

I think they are approving non IT cases first../
I hope I'm wrong.../

zombik said:
Hi Saknia! I'm new here but I've been fallowing the forum for some time already. What do you mean Philly's cases of 2002 were approved? My application was received by Labor Dept. in December 2002 and became regional in August 2003 and I haven't received my approval yet!!!! I received the 45 letter in January 2005... Thanks,

What is your State. When I meant Philly is that LC filed from Philly State. Are you one. If so that is bad ( usual PBEC mess) .

I think PBEC is trying to do somekind of FIFO.100% FIFO which we all expect is not possible as they have to find all Boxes and Reorganize them as per the P No they have issuesd, which is another Big Task for which they don't have resources nor time.

As long as they leave all 2001 & 2002 and approve only 2003 it is OK.If they keep approving few 2003 cases it is OK.

ONE CASE APPROVED IS ONE CASE LESS ( Rest is taken care of by Visa Bulletin)

Non RIR EB3 WV State Cleared, With PBEC Now - Question?

My case was cleared by WV,State SWA and then sent to Philly (before PBEC was formed) for the regional approval.

Dates are as follows:

Submitted to Sate SWA - 7/10/2002
Forwarded by State to Philly - 5/12/2003
PBEC got the case - 9/8/2004
45 Day Letter replied - Feb 2005 (More details in signature)

The confusion I have is, since my case is TR with PBEC, will they do the recruitment effort again or accept the state approval? and move the case forward.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks

Sending letter to Stephen Stefanko is useless and waster of time. We need to send letter to John Beverly, Stephen Stefanko's supervisor.

pran10 said:

dbar said:
Hello,
Thanks.

I would say you should not go for PERM. 2003 labor will be cleared in next 6 months as well EB2 priority dates are really moving fast. You should be able to file 485 also soon. Why do you want to get into 485 queue from labor queue?

Look at the effect of rally

I was in continuous favour of doing a physical rally to PBEC. It makes a lot of difference. Look at the rally effect in L.A. Every media is giving it as highest priority.

dbar said:
Hello,
Thanks.

Difficult to advise here... but you may want to consider these notes (and make sure to verify details with a good lawyer):

As far as I know, PERM does not allow any modifications or additional document submission after original application is submitted. If it gets refused you will have to submit new PERM, and loose the priority date. It looks like TR would be more flexible in a way you can submit additional documentation or respond to RFE, if needed.

To keep the priority date, PERM requires that PERM application is identical to your old TR application. I would not count too much on keeping the priority date, unless you're absolutely sure that applications are, indeed, identical including all the details (not sure if they would compare phone numbers, etc). A lawyer who did this many times would definitely help...

To keep the priority date, original application has to be withdrawn from PBEC. So, you may loose the ability to extend your working status beyond 6 years. Make sure to secure your status for the next year before withdrawing the application!

PERM is relatively fast, but it's still not immediate... 2 weeks preparation by your HR and your manager (depending on how fast they are, but better be careful than fast), 1 month advertisement, 1 month wait and then 2 months processing = 4.5 months. I'm not sure how a resubmission (after refusal) would work and whether it requires new advertisement.

Just my $0.02. Not a $300 lawyer advise : )

PBECIsKillingMe said:
I was in continuous favour of doing a physical rally to PBEC. It makes a lot of difference. Look at the rally effect in L.A. Every media is giving it as highest priority.

if you noticed the march of the illegal immigrants on the roads of Chicago etc...we can compare it to the size of an army...

If all the H1s and dependants pool for say something like this, we might not even be a drop of it....illegals are like a big army and they are so open and publicly saying they r illegals and we here are paying taxes loyally with our heart in mouth are venting only in this forum...

last Thursday we had a talk here about faxing the letters to Elaine Chao...all of us in the same week, Hope everyone are sticking to this plan...Faxing 10 letters a day will not help anyone....

Getting our labor is one hell, the next hell is retrogression. Even if visa numbers r recaptured etc it might not be such a bad scene, but what with this hell at PBEC..?!!

guys, please post your action about Monday so we atleast have an approx no.of faxes going out to Ms.Chao.

saknia said:
I think PBEC is trying to do somekind of FIFO.100% FIFO which we all expect is not possible as they have to find all Boxes and Reorganize them as per the P No they have issuesd, which is another Big Task for which they don't have resources nor time.

What I think is after the data entry is done, they will have no more paperwork to look at for each case. So, even if 45 day letters r not being issued FIFO, that is understandable. But after that stage, when a officer is taking care of his assigned states there has to be some amount of FIO for thos respective states. We really cant comprehend how PBEC is operating..

Last edited by a moderator:
StressTestInUSA said:
if you noticed the march of the illegal immigrants on the roads of Chicago etc...we can compare it to the size of an army...

If all the H1s and dependants pool for say something like this, we might not even be a drop of it....illegals are like a big army and they are so open and publicly saying they r illegals and we here are paying taxes loyally with our heart in mouth are venting only in this forum...

last Thursday we had a talk here about faxing the letters to Elaine Chao...all of us in the same week, Hope everyone are sticking to this plan...Faxing 10 letters a day will not help anyone....

Getting our labor is one hell, the next hell is retrogression. Even if visa numbers r recaptured etc it might not be such a bad scene, but what with this hell at PBEC..?!!

guys, please post your action about Monday so we atleast have an approx no.of faxes going out to Ms.Chao.

Tanveeristically ( Realistic) the Rally needs lot of Unity. Read the article below . They marched in 500,000 in LA. That is Unity . Do we have that. We cannot get dollars for Law suit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060326/ap_on_re_us/immigration_rallies

Hi Saknia,
Since you have been diligently involved in this thread and know more than anyone else, please answer my query.
I have been utilising my hotline to know abt my case. In Jan 2006, I was told that the case has been assigned to an analyst and would normally take anywhere between 30-90 days to adjudicate.I then again called last week and was told it's in review and should expect a decision fast (1 months then corrected to 1-2 months). Out of many ppl applied by my company (same lawyer and company and location), i know of 9, 7 of them have there LC certified already. I am EB-2, rest were EB-3. In your opinion,
1.Is the dealy related to me being EB-2
2.How long will it further take to adjudicate the LC. I have heard ppl getting from final review stage back to data entry. Realistically how long am I looking at.

Thanks in advacne,
RG

My attroney told me that he has spoken to someone in PBEC

He told me PBEC is in great mess as of today

1- A lot of people have responsed to 45 days letter but still their cases have been closed

2-They have lost cases of some many people

3- The data entry is full of typos .....

My attroney has replied back 45 days letter on 11/05/2005 . since then they have not worked on my case at all . because in data entry they have mentioned processing type as TR instead of RIR . Thanks to this forum that i requested screenshot and i came to know about this mistake ..........

My attroney also told me that this is the biggest bullshit that they will done with everything in 18 months ..........

March is almost over now ....... and I am sure people with PD 2001 are still crying ...............

but the sad part is that pbec told my attroney that all these problems are due to their COMPUTER SOFTWARE PROBELM

SAKINA AND STRESSTESTIN U S A PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS

Last edited by a moderator:
akela said:
Hi Saknia,
Since you have been diligently involved in this thread and know more than anyone else, please answer my query.
I have been utilising my hotline to know abt my case. In Jan 2006, I was told that the case has been assigned to an analyst and would normally take anywhere between 30-90 days to adjudicate.I then again called last week and was told it's in review and should expect a decision fast (1 months then corrected to 1-2 months). Out of many ppl applied by my company (same lawyer and company and location), i know of 9, 7 of them have there LC certified already. I am EB-2, rest were EB-3. In your opinion,
1.Is the dealy related to me being EB-2
2.How long will it further take to adjudicate the LC. I have heard ppl getting from final review stage back to data entry. Realistically how long am I looking at.

Thanks in advacne,

I don't really know more than anyonelese here for a Fact

To answer your question - If you are in Data Review stage and you are RIR you are supposed to get out faster with an approval as Recruitment process is alredy over when they sent your case to Regional. I don't think Eb2 is a problem in your case.

Yours is May 2002 VA. Somehow the Officer from VA is sitting on many cases. we have cases from VA with 45 days letter replied between Dec 2004 to Mar 2005 and who are struck like yours.Most of them are RIR like yours

I wish they send this Guy on Two weeks Spring Holidays and transferall his cases to someone who has come from Dallas , who will move these out faster.

RG

tanveer666 said:

1- A lot of people have responsed to 45 days letter but still their cases have been closed

My attroney has replied back 45 days letter on 11/05/2005 . since then they have not worked on my case at all . because in data entry they have mentioned processing type as TR instead of RIR . Thanks to this forum that i requested screenshot and i came to know about this mistake ..........

My attroney also told me that this is the biggest bullshit that they will done with everything in 18 months ..........

March is almost over now ....... and I am sure people with PD 2001 are still crying ...............

but the sad part is that pbec told my attroney that all these problems are due to their COMPUTER SOFTWARE PROBELM

Hi Tanveer

This is horrible News for all of uswaiting with renewd hopes ( after seeing few approvals from 2001). It is not new that PBEC is in a mess. They have been for a long time. Good thing is that we are seeing Few approvals inspite of that mess and hope this picks up. When Trafiic Light Goes away in a Busy Corner there will be Confusion but things will settle down soon as they will figure out a way to handle that. I think that is what PBEc isdoing inspite of the Computer Glitch they have.

For Sure we need to push more. How pushing will solve the Computer Glitch is another discussion Boss

tanveer666 said:

My lawyer spoke to someone in the PBEC too and got a very very similiar response.
I was happy though because they closed my case by mistake ,they admited thier mistake and said many cases have been closed by error and reopen letters are out on most of them.
So hopefully should be getting something in the mail soon.

I just wish they were more organised and instead of wasting time on 45 day letters,closing and reopening cases they would certify thme instead