Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Cric said:
I am a PBEC victim and I don’t want to remain in this state for long. I am not against IV or any other forum, I am not against removing retrogression either, but it has to be done in stages, when BECs clears 2002 cases let the dates move to Dec 2002 when they clear up till march 2003 cases, let it move to march 2003, when 2004 cases are cleared let it move to Dec 2004 and so on….otherwise friends, nobody will care to help us get out of this mess.

There could be some of us here who have PD in 2002 who have all the rights and reasons to fight for retrogression removal, their labor will get cleared within 6 months but if retrogression is removed in stages then all of us including those applied in 2002 and also 2003, 2004 and 2005 will benefit and this I think is the most fair and impartial decision that can bring justice to everyone.

Also this can work only if the backlogs are cleared in a particular order which at present is not happening, nobody knows how much time it will be before his/her application gets picked up, it is a real mess, so don't we have our plates full already?. though retrogression issue is one among the priorities for us, it is coming out of PBEC which is the topmost priority.

Labor Approved from PBEC

Just got to know. My laywer received it on 03/02/06.

AD: Mar/02/2006 :)
45-day Letter: Jan/27/2005
Moved to Philly: Dec/24/2003
PD: Sep/17/2001
State: MD

My comany has been bought by another company and in the mean time, I moved to this new job. My question is what things does this new company need if they decide to apply I140/I485 on this labor?

Thanks!

Agree with many of you..

If retrogression is cleared, PBEC victims could suffer more.

We all know what happened in April 2001, Mr. Clinton made a parting offer to illegals, blasting the green card hope of many of us...making all of us wait behind people who jumped the fence..

To solve retrogression I don’t think it needs to have IV.org. It will happen without IV.org. American lawyers has got better interest on this topic..It's their bread and butter..

PBEC, PBEC, PBEC folks..

Contact media now!

sanbaj said:

AD: Mar/02/2006 :)

My comany has been bought by another company and in the mean time, I moved to this new job. My question is what things does this new company need if they decide to apply I140/I485 on this labor?

Thanks!

Very happy for you.. What a long wait was this for you buddy..I'm not sure of this question. but I remember seeing some posts on this topic in the earlier pages of this forum

greynicolls - Thank you

cric - you are not helping

http://query.nytimes.com/search/query?query=nina bernstein&n=10&dp=0&daterange=full&sort=newest

obviously, she seems symphathetic to our cause. i have heard her on npr before.

greynicolls - i think this is the article you were referring to http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/03/health/03pside.html For others, when you click the authors name, you can email her with your opinion. Please do not spam her, write something that will make her take notice.

BTW, reading greynicolls post 1 min, looking up the article 1 min, reading and emailing 3 min, effect priceless. for everything else there is PBEC.

Regards.

I second to you

Until my LC is cleared I won't pay a single penny to this organization or they open a sub division whose only moto is to f#*$ PBEC and my contributed dollars go for this cause only. :mad: I urge the same from everybody. You can tell me shorted-sighted but that what is required at this time.

tanveer666 said:
So please don't support immigrationvoice.org till their primary issue is PBEC

You are right

You are correct. My priority date is June 2004. I always supported PBEC victims. I want FIFO. I can support IV.org, but it is unfair.

I am not like iv.org guys who are thinking about their selfish Green cards. Not considering PBEC at all. Even though they know that all PBEC victims suffering, they are not considering PBEC issue at all. I don't care whether I get Green card or not. But Justice should be done to all.

One year back USCIS approved so many 2003 cases (lucky guys who got GC within 1 yr or 2yrs). But this time it should not happen like that. First all 2000, 2001, 2002 should get Green Cards.

Cric said:
I am a PBEC victim and I don’t want to remain in this state for long. I am not against IV or any other forum, I am not against removing retrogression either, but it has to be done in stages, when BECs clears 2002 cases let the dates move to Dec 2002 when they clear up till march 2003 cases, let it move to march 2003, when 2004 cases are cleared let it move to Dec 2004 and so on….otherwise friends, nobody will care to help us get out of this mess.

There could be some of us here who have PD in 2002 who have all the rights and reasons to fight for retrogression removal, their labor will get cleared within 6 months but if retrogression is removed in stages then all of us including those applied in 2002 and also 2003, 2004 and 2005 will benefit and this I think is the most fair and impartial decision that can bring justice to everyone.

gcco said:
We don't need to take a trip to Capitol Hill to get PBEC moving... that's the reason we are moving with the lawsuit... anyway, it's interesting to know that one of the founders is from PBEC... mmm...but then.. why is PBEC issue not in their agenda???

If he is more interested in Retro issues then PBEC issues.. doesn't mean everyone has to follow him, right??

With a cleared I140, we can switch jobs if we like while maintaining PD or at least we can be assured that we will get our GC one day... But without even leaving PBEC... our lives are at stake here.. We have greater things to worry about then the retro dates right now..

gcco:

I want to re-iterate how important the backlog center issue is to IV. We have it as a top priority on our agenda. I am one of the founders of IV and FYI my LC has been pending in the backlog center for 25 months now.

I cannot stress how much and how hard we are working behind the scenes to solve this issue. We ask for all your continued support in our endeavour.

IV's main goal is Backlog & Retrogression

- Backlog is on the forefront of IV's agenda and anybody suggesting otherwise is simple incorrect.

- IV team discussed in detail with Senior White House staff about backlog issue. Working closely with administration to find solution.

- Working with CA Congresswoman for a plan to have a bipartisan approach in the House for backlog issue. The plan includes administrative as well as legislative solution.

indio0617

indio0617 said:
gcco:

I want to re-iterate how important the backlog center issue is to IV. We have it as a top priority on our agenda. I am one of the founders of IV and FYI my LC has been pending in the backlog center for 25 months now.

I cannot stress how much and how hard we are working behind the scenes to solve this issue. We ask for all your continued support in our endeavour.

Hi indio0617

You have mentioned that IV.org is doing hardworking behind the scenes to solve PBEC issue can you please list a few... It will help us us understand that IV.org is for supporting employment based immigration in all stages starting from Labor thru 485. My intention is not to challenge your claims but to better understand. FYI - I myself is a volunteer as well as contributor to IV.org but I do have a feeling that IV.org's primary goal is to support Retrogression.

indio0617 - it looks like we were posting at same time

GC_enroute said:
Hi indio0617

You have mentioned that IV.org is doing hardworking behind the scenes to solve PBEC issue can you please list a few... It will help us us understand that IV.org is for supporting employment based immigration in all stages starting from Labor thru 485. My intention is not to challenge your claims but to better understand. FYI - I myself is a volunteer as well as contributor to IV.org but I do have a feeling that IV.org's primary goal is to support Retrogression.

PBEC screen shot

Off the subject of recent discussion.

Wanted to share info - my case was traditional LCA and today recieved the screen shot for 7th year extention, and it says that processing type is RIR. I am wondering if this is a mistake they made while entering the data into their system, or they change all of the cases to RIR, though I know they talked about priority will be given to RIR cases - that means they do distinguish b/w the two of them.
Is there someone else who have the same thing happen to them?
KY/EB3/RIR (used to be TR)
PD 06/05/03
45 DL sent by DOL:02/17/05
45 DL reply sent to DOL: 03/01/05
45 DL received by DOL: 03/03/05

MD Approval 2001 Case

#50 3rd March 2006, 11:05 AM
atyagi73
Registered User Join Date: May 2005

One more MD approval...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanbaj

AD: Mar/02/2006

Thanks!

Its a Question Of Interst

GUYS

The answar is very very simple .....

All the immigration lawyers are anti retrgression beacuse once retrogression is gone they will make a lot of money by FILLING I-485

ALIA is also working agressively against retrogression but ALIA is slient as far PBEC is concerned

[SIZE=3]It IS IN THE BEST INTERST OF ALL THE ATTRONIES AND ALIA TO HAVE ANTI RTRPGRESSION AND PRO BACKLOG POLICY SO THAT THEY KEEP ON FILLING H1B1 EXT AND KEEP MAKING MONEY

YOU GUYS CAN CHECK THE MESSAGES FROM LABORDRAGS . IMMIGRATIONVOICE.ORG IS LEAST CONCERNED ABOUT PBEC . GUYS PLAESE TRY TO UNDER STAND ONE THING IF RETROGRESSION IS GONE THAT WILL BE THE LAST NAIL IN THE COFFIN OF PBEC VICTIMS AND IF RETROGRESSION IS GONE THE BIGGEST LOOSER WILL BE PBEC VICTIMS
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Retro v PBEC

It is unfair that a '05 PD can file for 140/485 before an '01 PD. Since the pace of PBEC/DBEC cannot be controlled externally, the most logical way of injecting fairness into this God-forsaken system is to stop all 485 processing till ALL BEC backlog is cleared. This way people might get approved in random order from PBEC, DBEC and PERM (Prem as Tanveer likes to call it), but everyone gets queued for 140/485 in the order of their PD.

I have written to various media & politicians (hopefully 10% of the people read such mails) to keep retrogression firmly in place. If retrogression is removed, BEC LCs and especially PBEC LCs will have to wait for another 5 years for 140/485 adjudication.

Clearly IV.org's intent is fundamentally against the fast clearance of BEC backlog. Don't spend your hard-earned money in sending them any contribution. That will only hurt you in the long run. Time would be well spent in pursuing ways to [1] clear BEC backlog fast AND [2] keep retrogression in place.

Tanveer666

I think tanveer666 is doing the right job by posting in red so that some people from this forum who are planning to make donation to iv could also get their eyes open.

tanveer666 said:
GUYS

The answar is very very simple .....

All the immigration lawyers are anti retrgression beacuse once retrogression is gone they will make a lot of money by FILLING I-485

ALIA is also working agressively against retrogression but ALIA is slient as far PBEC is concerned

[SIZE=3]It IS IN THE BEST INTERST OF ALL THE ATTRONIES AND ALIA TO HAVE ANTI RTRPGRESSION AND PRO BACKLOG POLICY SO THAT THEY KEEP ON FILLING H1B1 EXT AND KEEP MAKING MONEY

YOU GUYS CAN CHECK THE MESSAGES FROM LABORDRAGS . IMMIGRATIONVOICE.ORG IS LEAST CONCERNED ABOUT PBEC . GUYS PLAESE TRY TO UNDER STAND ONE THING IF RETROGRESSION IS GONE THAT WILL BE THE LAST NAIL IN THE COFFIN OF PBEC VICTIMS AND IF RETROGRESSION IS GONE THE BIGGEST LOOSER WILL BE PBEC VICTIMS
[/SIZE]

same situation

Hi,

I have the same situation as yours. My case was traditional, done the recruitment, and then passed to Philly regional office before PBEC. I asked my attorney regarding this situation. She said it is okey. My cowork has same situation too. You are not the only one. Don't worry!

husker
EB2-WV
PD:12/05/2003
RD:01/13/2004
45D letter: 02/01/2005
03/19/06 begin my H1B 7th years.....

shuurik said:
Off the subject of recent discussion.

Wanted to share info - my case was traditional LCA and today recieved the screen shot for 7th year extention, and it says that processing type is RIR. I am wondering if this is a mistake they made while entering the data into their system, or they change all of the cases to RIR, though I know they talked about priority will be given to RIR cases - that means they do distinguish b/w the two of them.
Is there someone else who have the same thing happen to them?
KY/EB3/RIR (used to be TR)
PD 06/05/03
45 DL sent by DOL:02/17/05
45 DL reply sent to DOL: 03/01/05
45 DL received by DOL: 03/03/05
:eek:

tikal said:
I have written to various media & politicians (hopefully 10% of the people read such mails) to keep retrogression firmly in place. If retrogression is removed, BEC LCs and especially PBEC LCs will have to wait for another 5 years for 140/485 adjudication.

5 years for 140/485 adjudication means 5 more years of H1 extensions for individuals and families losing money and time for atorney fees and for getting visa stamped everytime we make a trip abroad, not to mention the lost oppurtunities, lost sleep, painful pressures, tensions, stress and teh constant fear of getting laid off....