Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

radd

radd, did you receive the LC approval notice from PBEC at your home address or they sent it to your company / attorney??

Looks like, in many cases PBEC, has mailed the LC approval letters directly to the beneficiaries.

I am curious as my address has changed from the one in the LC application. I have asked the attorney a couple of times to inform PBEC and get it updated but he seems least bothered about it.

Gurus: Is it ok for the employer to write to PBEC to get mailing address updated for the beneficiary?

Thanks.

Finally my company received 45 day's letter
State: CT
Filing date: 25-jul-03 RIR (never made to fedral)
case no: P-05153-xxxxx

does 'P' has special meaning in case no.

coolestone said:
radd, did you receive the LC approval notice from PBEC at your home address or they sent it to your company / attorney??

Looks like, in many cases PBEC, has mailed the LC approval letters directly to the beneficiaries.

I am curious as my address has changed from the one in the LC application. I have asked the attorney a couple of times to inform PBEC and get it updated but he seems least bothered about it.

Gurus: Is it ok for the employer to write to PBEC to get mailing address updated for the beneficiary?

Thanks.

I only got a copy of the cover letter not the actual approval. A copy has also been sent to company and the attorney. Attorney will get the actual approval.. I think..

radd

radd said:
I only got a copy of the cover letter not the actual approval. A copy has also been sent to company and the attorney. Attorney will get the actual approval.. I think..

radd

radd..

once you know, pls update us on this man..as to who gets the actual approval letter...I am sure many of us r still not hanging around the same residential address for the past 4-5yrs...!!

MannyD said:
I understand you never received a 45-day letter but through your attorney got a status update in Oct 2005 in the form of a screen shot. Am I right? Did you personally see the screen shot or not?

Your case sends a shiver down my spine. So having replied to 45 day letter and/or having received a screen shot (stating status as RIR or whatever) will not guarantee that our cases are in the PBEC pipeline?

Yes, screen shot had status: RIR (Requested in October 2005)
Letter was issued in March 2005

Closure letter issued 2/6/2006

Cantstandit- we have checked with regional hundreds of times and the final 30 times answer was that they were unable to process my case and it was sent to Philly BEC. Never got a screenshot- don't even know how and where to get it. But yes unfortunatell I'm probably lkike a dinosaur with few other members with PD from April 01 that is totally being f.....
what elsa can i say??

PBEC is our issue, not retrogression

I am not discouraging iv.org. It is a good step taken by brave guys. But here we are worrying more about only Philly BEC, not retrogression. But iv.org is concentrating more on retrogression, just adding flavor PBEC. Probably most of iv.org members got 140 approved or labor cleared.

If DOL takes 2 more years to approve these labor certifications, is it possible keep our jobs? The way PBEC is working, noone is confident about whether they clear our labor certificates within 2yrs. PBEC is like hell compare to retrogression.

Let us come out of this hell, we don't care about Retrogression

It is not only my opinion, so many PBEC victims having same opinion.

nyprog-8-27 said:
Cantstandit- we have checked with regional hundreds of times and the final 30 times answer was that they were unable to process my case and it was sent to Philly BEC. Never got a screenshot- don't even know how and where to get it. But yes unfortunatell I'm probably lkike a dinosaur with few other members with PD from April 01 that is totally being f.....
what elsa can i say??

NY, the instructions to get the screenshot have been posted probably a million times here, check out the FAQ ... but if they said they couldn't process it, then that means your case is going to the "complicated" queue ... who knows when that queue will be processed ... but in any event, get the screenshot, at least you'll have proof your case is alive.

also, did u get the 45 day letter ?

JustWatching said:
I not only requested a screen shot. I had my attorney request status in October 2005. Philadelphia BPC responded that my case was being processed. Apparently letters closing your case are not issued when the 45-day period expires but rather when the case is about to be processed so when we sent the requests my case was still open.

sorry to hear JW ... it's just painful .. hope you get it reopened soon.

Now, this story tells us that:

- if you check your status often, and the T turns to P, your letter has to arrive in 1 or 2 months TOPS ... if you don't get the letter, start bugging your lawyer. In fact, the lawyers could be proactive and mail a letter saying "yes" to the case even without receiving the 45-day letter. Even better, have your HR write them a letter instead of the lawyers.

It's clear that their system does NOT control whether the 45 days have elapsed or not, so we'd only know when the case is about to be processed, like what happened with JW, and that means wasting several months.

Bottomline: be proactive, don't wait for the letter.

Completely Agree with you

LALOO_PRASAD said:
I am not discouraging iv.org. It is a good step taken by brave guys. But here we are worrying more about only Philly BEC, not retrogression. But iv.org is concentrating more on retrogression, just adding flavor PBEC. Probably most of iv.org members got 140 approved or labor cleared.

If DOL takes 2 more years to approve these labor certifications, is it possible keep our jobs? The way PBEC is working, noone is confident about whether they clear our labor certificates within 2yrs. PBEC is like hell compare to retrogression.

Let us come out of this hell, we don't care about Retrogression

It is not only my opinion, so many PBEC victims having same opinion.

This is very much true. Iam the biggest supporter of retrogression unless each and every body is cleared from this mess

People are struck here as long as for five years . but a person can file prem and then I-140/485 and will be able to get the green card in less then 2 years.Is this fair

I think retrogression is only good thing . retrogression has to stey untill BEC IS COMPLETELY ELIMINATED

Guys I replied 45 days letter in November although my lawyer got the screenshot. But when my employer has requested case status information he got generic reply I mean the standard reply which every body gets . when My
Employer requested screen shot twice we did not get any reply . why it is so ? are they not responsing screen shot now a days

Last edited by a moderator:
cantstandit said:

- if you check your status often, and the T turns to P, your letter has to arrive in 1 or 2 months TOPS ... if you don't get the letter, start bugging your lawyer. In fact, the lawyers could be proactive and mail a letter saying "yes" to the case even without receiving the 45-day letter. Even better, have your HR write them a letter instead of the lawyers.

It's clear that their system does NOT control whether the 45 days have elapsed or not, so we'd only know when the case is about to be processed, like what happened with JW, and that means wasting several months.

I am sure that there are many people here (like me) who know that their cases start with P but they dont have 45 days letter. lawyer says that all that she has been able to get is that the case is in pbec. pbec has become worse that indian govt offices !!! I wonder why lawyers like Murthy, AILA are not making noises about this mess, cases being closed etc etc. compared to people who file in PERM the backlogged people are in huge numbers ..but all you see in the newsletter is PERM, NIW etc etc !@#@@ :mad: :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Retrogression cleared, big loosers are PBEC victims

For Retrogression any bill passes, we have to face another issue. We should request USCIS not to remove the cutoff date, unless PBEC clears all labor certificates. If iv.org seriously thinking Retrogression isssue, then they are creating another big mess for PBEC victims. They are not considering PBEC at all. Just trying to add the falvour PBEC to gather some more people.

tanveer666 said:
This is very much true. Iam the biggest supporter of retrogression unless each and every body is cleared from this mess

People are struck here as long as for five years . but a person can file prem and then I-140/485 and will be able to get the green card in less then 2 years.Is this fair

I think retrogression is only good thing . retrogression has to stey untill BEC IS COMPLETELY ELIMINATED

Guys I replied 45 days letter in November although my lawyer got the screenshot. But when my employer has requested case status information he got generic reply I mean the standard reply which every body gets . when My
Employer requested screen shot twice we did not get any reply . why it is so ? are they not responsing screen shot now a days

LALOO_PRASAD said:
For Retrogression any bill passes, we have to face another issue. We should request USCIS not to remove the cutoff date, unless PBEC clears all labor certificates. If iv.org seriously thinking Retrogression isssue, then they are creating another big mess for PBEC victims. They are not considering PBEC at all. Just trying to add the falvour PBEC to gather some more people.

iv.org guys fignt for their own cause. Why would they care if they already are out of DOL mess. We have a chance to fight for ours. Look at the lawsit thread.

45 day letter send status/date

cantstandit said:

JW my heartfelt sympathies to you.

I'm not sure I understand your point 'their system does NOT control whether 45 days have elapsed or not'

They closed the case because either the attorney/employer did not respond to 45-day letter. So somehow they know that 45 days or more have passed since they issued letters. How do they know this? They must be tagging something to make sure they have issued 45 days letter for a case/cases.

BEC need to clarify this somehow, it’s utterly insane to close case and have it reopened.

Finding Case Status?

Asking again. What are the ways we can find the latest status on a case at Philly BPC? Any automated inquiry phone #, website, e-mail, etc.

Any info welcome.
Thanks!

JustWatching said:
Yes, screen shot had status: RIR (Requested in October 2005)
Letter was issued in March 2005

Closure letter issued 2/6/2006

Justwatching...

no kidding man..!! take a day-off and goto PBEC...its a too good PD to keep days passing by...!!

call up PBEC or go there with all your papers...forget attornies etc..they r not in our shoes...!!

sanbaj said:
Asking again. What are the ways we can find the latest status on a case at Philly BPC? Any automated inquiry phone #, website, e-mail, etc.

Any info welcome.
Thanks!
Please look back in this forum and find out for yourself.