Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Cantstandit...

having our name on the letter is okay you think...??

My only thougts..when it comes to steps like this people will step back cos they dont want to be singled out by name and address...Can this be kept in discreet..so taht the responses from this forum can be enormous...

any other readers tooo..come out with more options...If we do nothing now..we cant see any result in the near future..

we will just have to come to this forum looking for some good news and as usual disappointment....

StressTestInUSA said:
MDWatch..

waht does that mean man..too dizzy to read all that..

r we all alive or dead and wait for this damn LC until 2008..!!

does those funding mean for Backlog centeres or PERM centers and have forgottena bout the BECs..

please someone post in simple words what does it mean...!!

This funding is for both PERM and BEC.

In short they are admitting that they won't be able to complete by the end of 2006 :(

tanveer666 said:
I just came to know from reliable sources that law suit is the only solution

lawsuit etc...I doubt...

You need to be a big 'highly dedicated organization' to fight day and night..in and out...and mainly on a personal level...lets not get into that direction... It involves a big time funding and reach the efforts of iv.org..who r quite successful in their own way in the little time they had..it is just 1 month and 10 days old I guess...

Mass mailing letters to all the concerened officials can make a huge difference..Emailing and faxing also at this point of our struggle is too small an effort...It has become an old story to the concerned officers....

This is an excerpt of the White House 2007 budget:

"Reforming Foreign Labor Certification Processing
The Permanent Foreign Labor Certification program was designed to help employers hire foreign workers when no willing U.S. worker is available. However, the PART and other analyses have indicated that this program requires major reform. In 2005, the backlog of employer applications stood
at more than 300,000, and in some instances it took applicants up to six years to receive the certification necessary to work in the United States. DOL is overhauling the program and automating the certification process. The Department recently created two processing centers to handle new applications and two backlog elimination centers to process and eliminate the application backlog. The Department predicts that the new centers and processes will reduce average processing time to approximately two months, eliminate the backlog by the end of 2007, better monitor fraud, and improve
responsiveness to employer requests for foreign workers. The 2007 Budget also proposes legislation to authorize a cost-based user fee to be paid by employers and finance the administrative costs of the reformed Permanent Foreign Labor Certification program."

Do I need to say more ???

Several coworkers with PD of Jun02 got LC these days, where is mine?

My PD is Feb 02. Got no no info till now.
We are all in VA, RIR.
What the hell of PBEC's FIFO?

They forgot all cases prior to June 02?

What a strange queue? It's no good to be in the front, in the end, and even in the middle, where should we be then???

Is there any other LC sufferer with PD prior to June 02 still waiting without any hope?

serious thoughts about our future depends how we act on the near future...

MDWatch...

If they r admitting openly for end of 2007 we can blindly add another 2 yrs to make it 2009...

If at all they follow FIFO, then 2004 and 2005 filers will get stuck until 2008-9...
Personally in my case a 2003 Oct 28th RIR EB2 case is as good as a 2004 Jan case, dont know how much hope to pine on this LC...

If it was 2004 cases at DBEC..it wud not make much of a diff..but guys stuck @ PBEC shud think of refiling in PERM after doing thier HW about the success rate..Even if it does not happen in a jiffy..atleast 7 months PERM wait is reasonable I guess...Thats waht I think...

Needless to say 2001 2002 and 2003 filers seriously join mass mail effort to come out of this muck....

Question General

Hi,
I am on H1B visa and my 6th year completes in Aug-2006. I am waiting for my labor, which is filed in May-2004 and its now in BPC. My current employer have filed my H1B 7th year extension.

I got a permanant position offer from a very good company who are willing to sponsor my H1B.

My questions - Can I change employer as of today? Is it safe to change my current employer and join the new company?

I know we get 7th year ext basing the aging process of labor filing date (priority date).

If it is safe to do so, could some one please send me any links to the website where it says it is safe to do so.

Please help. I do not pass on this offer.

N -

Hi guys...
I know i might be talking about something that not everyone likes. But I am going to say it anyway...

Please support immigrationvoice.org I just donated some money and this is the least you and me can do..... They claim to have PBEC issue on their agenda

Thanks

EB2 /RIR/ PD June 25 2002/45-Day Oct 7 2005.

No approval yet..

I dont think the approvals that we see on this thread should be considered as a general trend... If you see the tracker there are folks from 2001 who have not received their approvall.. I am in the same boat as you are ... I dont know whats happening.....

EB2/RIR/PD 25 June 2002/45 Day Oct 27

potomac said:
We are all in VA, RIR.

What a strange queue? It's no good to be in the front, in the end, and even in the middle, where should we be then???

Is there any other LC sufferer with PD prior to June 02 still waiting without any hope?

potomac said:
We are all in VA, RIR.

Still here and waiting patiently....
PD: May 14, 2002 VA EB3-RIR

Navjo said:
Hi,
I am on H1B visa and my 6th year completes in Aug-2006. I am waiting for my labor, which is filed in May-2004 and its now in BPC. My current employer have filed my H1B 7th year extension.

I got a permanant position offer from a very good company who are willing to sponsor my H1B.

My questions - Can I change employer as of today? Is it safe to change my current employer and join the new company?

I know we get 7th year ext basing the aging process of labor filing date (priority date).

If it is safe to do so, could some one please send me any links to the website where it says it is safe to do so.

Please help. I do not pass on this offer.

N -

Try and send a request to PBEC for proof fo 7th Year extension for the labor you have from previous company

Once you have that you can use that and apply for nextension and h1 transfer together in new company. I think it can be done around June 2006.

This is safer route.

Also If you change now on their h1b you can still use that later to get extnsion.After you join you can apply for a labor from them immediately which you can use next year for 8th year ext

But there is a catch if your previous co labor is approved before aug 2006 then it could be tricky to sue that for your 7th year ext from a new company

Consult a comptent attorney immediately. They must have handled case like these before

StressTestInUSA said:
lawsuit etc...I doubt...

You need to be a big 'highly dedicated organization' to fight day and night..in and out...and mainly on a personal level...lets not get into that direction... It involves a big time funding and reach the efforts of iv.org..who r quite successful in their own way in the little time they had..it is just 1 month and 10 days old I guess...

Mass mailing letters to all the concerened officials can make a huge difference..Emailing and faxing also at this point of our struggle is too small an effort...It has become an old story to the concerned officers....

You should have attended the call with Rajiv. The main purpose of this law suit is to bring attention to the issue. Personally I see no other way.

As for mass mailing ? Well... don't you get tons of advertising crap in your mail box ? Do you read it ? Do you read spam in your e-mail box ?
I am afraid our mass mailing compaign is just another spam for them.
Who is the target of our mail ? DOL officials ? That is ridiculous.

All Of My Past Predication Came True

Folks

whatever is happening here skina and street testin u sa are the witness that all of my predictions about pbec were true

Guys once again I am telling you . please trust me .if this situation continue by 2080 we will struck in pbec

we have to take some legal action or anything whithin the legal framework to come out from this mess

let me tell u another dissappointed thing if you are going to file prem by keeping your old pd its very risky as well .

Today I came to know pbec will be struck for june2002 & prior cases for another2-3 years or so

Mailing letetrs is good everybody should do it . i am not against it I also have faxed the letters to the relevants authorities . but now its a time to take all the possible steps .

Now i am scared from two things guest workers programme might come and retrogression issue could be solved as well and create the same problem for us which 245 i cases has created us in the past

guys please dont argue that we should go for law suit or we should send letters i would suggest do whatever you can to come out from this mess

In the past people here have wasited their time and energies on discussing retrogession issues guys please make one agenda of your life PBEC is the biggest hurdle on our way of getting this green card

This I-140/ I-485 stage is a piece of cake . some of my friend have completed this stage in a year or so

Last edited by a moderator:
MDwatch said:
This is an excerpt of the White House 2007 budget:

"Reforming Foreign Labor Certification Processing
The Permanent Foreign Labor Certification program was designed to help employers hire foreign workers when no willing U.S. worker is available. However, the PART and other analyses have indicated that this program requires major reform. In 2005, the backlog of employer applications stood
at more than 300,000, and in some instances it took applicants up to six years to receive the certification necessary to work in the United States. DOL is overhauling the program and automating the certification process. The Department recently created two processing centers to handle new applications and two backlog elimination centers to process and eliminate the application backlog. The Department predicts that the new centers and processes will reduce average processing time to approximately two months, eliminate the backlog by the end of 2007, better monitor fraud, and improve
responsiveness to employer requests for foreign workers. The 2007 Budget also proposes legislation to authorize a cost-based user fee to be paid by employers and finance the administrative costs of the reformed Permanent Foreign Labor Certification program."

Do I need to say more ???

seems to good to be true...but I agree we shd give them some time and put some pressure at the same time. mass mailings and lawsuit may not work.
I feel only way is to put pressure on lawyers and AILA ..

Immigrationvoice.com/org seems to be v.organized ...evevryone who can should support...and as someone mentioned backlog seems to be on their agenda.

sbdol said:
You should have attended the call with Rajiv. The main purpose of this law suit is to bring attention to the issue. Personally I see no other way.

As for mass mailing ? Well... don't you get tons of advertising crap in your mail box ? Do you read it ? Do you read spam in your e-mail box ?
I am afraid our mass mailing compaign is just another spam for them.
Who is the target of our mail ? DOL officials ? That is ridiculous.

Yea..what u say is right...BUT only if it has to be done in the right way and not just with 10-20 guys...

Out of the 350k suffering even if 100k make a team ..then there is nothing like it...u think 100k will join the lawsuit...?? If it has to be done..it has to be done big-time...

Even @ iv.org they cud collect only 25k after knowing about the immi reform happening next month and how desperate funding is required...!!
I am sure there must be still tonnes of guys with approved labors thru PERM or whatever who still not even contributed a $ to the efforts of iv.org...

I heard a friend on mine approached his congressman to find out about his case for which he replied thr 45 letter a year ago...The congressman says that each one of us has every right to know what is happening with our case stuck at DOL..probably next week he will get in touch with his congressman for the response...

Personally I feel the congresssmen here talk everything in 'black & white' which is not the case happening with DOL-PBEC atleast..Moreover the congressmen ahve the authority to talk, send letters to BEC on our behalf...We can approcach them too...after all we r paying r taxes and SSN stuff for the govt....

I will update with the news when my friend hears back from his congressman...maybe we can catch this path too....

Help Needed

This is my situation:
Labor applied in Oct 2001 from MD. Currently on 8-year H1-B extension.
Current company A recently bought by another company B.
Question:
What options do I have if company B does not sponsor green card application?
Can I find another company that does sponsorship?
Thank you.

bsun said:
This is my situation:
Labor applied in Oct 2001 from MD. Currently on 8-year H1-B extension.
Current company A recently bought by another company B.
Question:
What options do I have if company B does not sponsor green card application?
Can I find another company that does sponsorship?
Thank you.
Your PD is good so try to use it.You can fund your own sponsorship. Just talk to you Copnay B HR. Money talks so once you quell their concern of additional burden it may be easy for you.

The other optio takes you down the path of finding another employer and the pain of going through years of insecurity, abouse etc.