Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Michael_MD said:
I am from retro affected India. We applied for LC (EB3 category, PD May 2004) through my wife's employer (she is a teacher in public school system). I did not expect this much mess in PBEC. I am a scientist having PhD and six years post doc(g) experience, also having decent number of publications. I plan to apply for EB1 NIW. Now EB1 also affected by retro. My kid will be age out in couple of years. Friends I need your inputs what I should do?
Sir, my understanding is that NIW is EB2. However, you can try Extrordinary Ability, which is EB1.

Bravo

Retrogression atleast moved (hopefully)

The Delhi American Consulate posted the following priority date report on its website for the last few days and immigrants are excited about the visa number changes.
PRIORITY DATES FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2005
FAMILY PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
INDIA OTHERS
F1 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01
FX 1-Oct-98 1-Oct-98
F2A 1-Nov-01 1-Nov-01
F2B 22-Apr-96 22-Apr-96
F3 15-Apr-98 15-Apr-98
F4 1-Aug-93 1-Aug-93

EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
E1 1-Aug-02 CURRENT
E2 1-Nov-99 CURRENT
E3 1-May-00 CURRENT
E4 CURRENT CURRENT
EW 1-Oct-00 1-Oct-00
EX CURRENT CURRENT
The sources of this posting are, however, "dubious" at best. It is reported as the priority dates for October 2005, but it certainly is not true. Some of the immigrants speculate whether this posting was intended to report the November 2005 priority dates. We have no confirmation of the truth of this information one way or another. One thing certain is extremely drastic changes in EB area and no changes in FB area, raising question of legitimacy of this report. American Consulate in Delhi is advised that this apparent erroneous report be corrected as soon as possible. We will find out soon.

See: http://www.immigration-law.com

ItsTough said:
This is a proposal to increase final stage I-485 visa numbers (green card issuance). If approved and passed by congress, this will substantially move forward the cut-off date for I-485, meaning that if labor gets approved, then one can file for I-485 and can get EAD card if their labor application was filed before the cut-off date.

If green card visa numbers are increased , that would be great !
I am not sure when are they gonna make this proposal a law ...

Here is what I understood about the economic times article....correct me if I am wrong...Is the article saying that since Green Card Visa numbers are all exhausted,the visa numbers would be increased by tapping the unused immigrant visas of spouses and kids (from family based visas)and also of previous years's unused employment based visa numbers......

Also how much are they gonna increase...article was mentioning 90000 or less... Can we meet all the approved labor cases thru this increase ?

The number of pending labor cases which are being approved and will be approved eventually would be far higher than the increase in the visa numbers.......

GC_from_NJ said:
Check out the priority dates published in the Delhi American Consulate. It is so confusing.... don't know whether they are predicting November'2005 dates.

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/prioritydates.html
Hi

This claerly says Prioroty dates for October 2005. Also the follwoing for EB2 & EB3 are as published before. What is your confusion and where is the prediction for Nov 2005. In fact everyone is waiting for Nov 2005 eagerly which might come out in a week's time

E1 1-Aug-02 CURRENT
E2 1-Nov-99 CURRENT

RajeevMehta said:
Retrogression atleast moved (hopefully)

The Delhi American Consulate posted the following priority date report on its website for the last few days and immigrants are excited about the visa number changes.
PRIORITY DATES FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2005
FAMILY PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
INDIA OTHERS
F1 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01
FX 1-Oct-98 1-Oct-98
F2A 1-Nov-01 1-Nov-01
F2B 22-Apr-96 22-Apr-96
F3 15-Apr-98 15-Apr-98
F4 1-Aug-93 1-Aug-93

EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
E1 1-Aug-02 CURRENT
E2 1-Nov-99 CURRENT
E3 1-May-00 CURRENT
E4 CURRENT CURRENT
EW 1-Oct-00 1-Oct-00
EX CURRENT CURRENT
The sources of this posting are, however, "dubious" at best. It is reported as the priority dates for October 2005, but it certainly is not true. Some of the immigrants speculate whether this posting was intended to report the November 2005 priority dates. We have no confirmation of the truth of this information one way or another. One thing certain is extremely drastic changes in EB area and no changes in FB area, raising question of legitimacy of this report. American Consulate in Delhi is advised that this apparent erroneous report be corrected as soon as possible. We will find out soon.

See: http://www.immigration-law.com
Guys Don't get too excited. This information is dubious. The most latest information you can get only from the official website of travel.gov.
Infact in the link that you send http://www.immigration-law.com they say that it is dubious and they hope it will be corrected soon.

I Wish it was true though :)

NOF from Philly Backlog Center..anyone else??

Hello everyone
I have been following this forum for a while now..but posting only today

My case details are as follows

Received 45 day letter : 3/11/2005
Issued NOF : 10/05/2005
New Case # P-04274-XXXXX
Category : RIR
Job Title : SYSTEMS ANALYST
SWA : PENNSYLVANIA
SWA Receipt Dt : FEBRUARY 9, 2004

NOF is issued because the employer filed out of PA whereas registered office is in MD. ANybody know if I can file for 7th yr extension when my case is in NOF? Also if I do file will there be chances of denying the extension because of the NOF?My screenshot says case status as NOF?

My employer is working with Sheela Murthy's office to prepare a response to the NOF (34 other cases filed from PA were also given same exact NOF). They seem to pretty confident that they will get approvals but still want to file for me under PERM, but I am hesitant to do that as DOL may come back and deny that too_Of course they will be filing PERM through MD only.

Anybody, know anything about such a case?
Thanks!!!

Suspicious

Yeah...just hope its true. If it is, this just brings out the fact that USCIS is totally overwhelmed with the situation(But not as overwhelmed as PBEC!!)

lucky4me said:
Guys Don't get too excited. This information is dubious. The most latest information you can get only from the official website of travel.gov.
Infact in the link that you send http://www.immigration-law.com they say that it is dubious and they hope it will be corrected soon.

I Wish it was true though :)

Does Order of Priority Date matter for Filing 485 ?

I have this question bothering my mind......Let me know your thoughts !

Since it seems that the Labor cases are being approved without any order i.e. applications with newer PD are being approved before the apps with older PDs,would it have any effect on filing 485 ?

Whose 485 gets approved first ?

1)App. with PD of June 2003 ...Labor approved in June 2005...(assume retrogession is over )485 filed in Jan 2006

2)App. with PD of June 2002 ...Labor approved in Dec 2005....(assume retrogession is over )485 filed in Jan 2006

Consider all the parameters same..State of labor filing,category....etc.

May 2002?

javaconsultant said:
Thanks !
I noticed there are no approvals from PBEC June 2002 onwards.
Also last approvals from PBEC is in May 2002

Dear Javaconsultant....

PBEC has not moved past beyond May 2002 yet... atleast, I havent received my approval... its not a true FIFO....

Kiran

Saknia,

I have already seen that and hence the confusion. It is stated in immigration-law.com that some are predicting it might be Nov'2005 dates. Anyways it seems to be fake and I am sure these dates can't be true. Moreover Oct'2005 dates are itself wrong... :eek:

saknia said:
Hi

This claerly says Prioroty dates for October 2005. Also the follwoing for EB2 & EB3 are as published before. What is your confusion and where is the prediction for Nov 2005. In fact everyone is waiting for Nov 2005 eagerly which might come out in a week's time

E1 1-Aug-02 CURRENT
E2 1-Nov-99 CURRENT

Delhi

It is not a good news for everyone even if it is true. Since the 2005 PERM guys and 2002/2003 DBEC guys and their depends will use up the visa numbers in seconds. 2001/2002/2003 PBEC guys have to wait again...

lc410485gc said:
It is not a good news for everyone even if it is true. Since the 2005 PERM guys and 2002/2003 DBEC guys and their depends will use up the visa numbers in seconds. 2001/2002/2003 PBEC guys have to wait again...

2005 PERM guys can't apply for I485 before the rest of us get our labor apporved .... retrogression applies to everybody :)

Thanks

pennwaiting said:
Sir, my understanding is that NIW is EB2. However, you can try Extrordinary Ability, which is EB1.

Thanks Pennwaiting

I am going to talk with Rajiv's Law office regarding my case.

Good luck

visa dates...

This info on Delhi website must be coz of a typo. If you recollect, the availability PD in Oct for EB3 was 01-May-2000 for China. Someone must've typed in the China date for India... Even if its 2000, it doesn't satify me! :(

atyagi73 said:
Why does it say "E3 1-May-00", should not it be 1-JAN-98 ??

Visa Dates

MannyD said:
This info on Delhi website must be coz of a typo. If you recollect, the availability PD in Oct for EB3 was 01-May-2000 for China. Someone must've typed in the China date for India... Even if its 2000, it doesn't satify me! :(

E3 for other countries is Current :)
I hope that is true .... lets wait for the Visa Bulletin.

kiran00 said:
Dear Javaconsultant....

PBEC has not moved past beyond May 2002 yet... atleast, I havent received my approval... its not a true FIFO....

Kiran

Are all labor cases at PBEC moving strictly using PDs even if they have been filed in different states ?

For example my case was filed in CA has PD 06/2002 whereas yours is filed from VA and PD is 05/2002....

roll call for MD guys...

GC_MD_2001
MD2001
rsiv
NAYAK
mrcMD
apnet43
TomShu
toy
pessimistic
Hangu
hemant2001
Garp

Please provide your status if you are around.