Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hi GC_PS RAJ

gc_psraj said:
Ok, I again spoke to another guy in PBEC, and he pulled up my case and sent me the screen shot. My status is Final Review. Not sure how long I have to wait.

Which Number you called ??

Got reply from H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US

My screen shot has NO CASE STATUS FIELD whatsoever... is that normal? What does that mean???

Please let me know if anyone received similar screen shot!

Moderator can you please look into this issue

USCISisMockery said:
where_is, what happened to yahoo group. Why I couldn't see any messages. I can only see "chat". Can someone explain. Guys, this is only chance to rise and do something about BEC, otherwise we will keep on digesting such (retrogression prediction for 2006) bad news.

Same with me. I could not see messages link in the forum.

Why dont they just come out and say "Get out of here" ?

They could just say we are not going to offer Green cards anymore instead of doing all these silly things.

They are doing everything to make this process as difficult as possible.

su5su said:
the following message is from www.immigration-law.com. Let's do something about this immigration reform!!!

10/07/2005: Shocking EB Visa Numbers Prediction for FY 2006 and FY 2007
The AILA has reported the FY 2006 and FY 2007 Employment-Based Visa Number predication based on the information from the State Department and the Labor Department. It is literally shocking.
The recapture number from prior employment-based visa numbers, which we reported in our Visa Retrogression Q&A, approximately 101,000 have been almost completely exhausted, and fewer unused family-based immigrant visas out of about 89,000 are available for employment-based cases. Accordingly, recapturable numbers are practically almost gone.
The visa numbers for FY 2006 and FY 2007 which have been provided by the State Department to the AILA are so stunning that one feels completely lost. See the following figures:
FY 2005--249,000 (attributable recapture from the EB unused numbers and spillovers from the family-based categories)
FY 2006--156,000 (actual number is estimated to be about 6,000 fewer than this figure!)
FY 2007--148,000
For the Worldwide EB-2 numbers, it predicts that it may remain current at least through December 31, 2005, and then may retrogress during the 2nd quarter of FY-2006 (January - March 2006). What's more, a cut-off date may be established during the 3rd (April - June 2006) or 4th quarter (July - September 2006).
India used 45,000 EB immigrant visas in all of the employment-based visa categories in FY 2005, but in FY 2006, the per-country limit in all EB categories will only be 10,700, and of that 10,700, the number available per-country in the EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3 categories is projected to be only 9,180 or less.
The 245(i) cases which were filed mostly before April 31, 2001 will more or less seriously affect the pace of the visa number progression. But look at the estimate of 245(i) which is pending at the DOL. The number is staggering. There are estimated to be approximately 345,000 245(i) applications with the DOL. Without doubt, some of these applications will be denied, withdrawn or abandoned, but the prediction indicates that as many as 250,000-275,000 direct beneficiaries plus additional derivative beneficiaries of their family members (average 2.5) will move into I-140 and I-485 streams in the future.
Again, as we emphasized in our Visa Retrogression Q&A, the only solution is to push the Congress to pass the Immigration Reform legislation as soon as possible. You all should join in this force to lobby the Congress and refute the anti-immigration forces!
Are You Ready!?!?!? All of You, Please say "Yes, SIR!" IMGs, you are no exceptions in this fight and struggle. Medical doctors, dentists, chiropractors, Schedule A nurses, physical therapists, exceptional artist and athlet performers, college professors, high school and elementary school teachers, or beauticians and stylists, and lawyers, if you have patients or clients or professional ties with the people who represent you in the Hill, please talk to them within the boundary of your professional ethical rules. This reporter knows that most of you are reading this message from the e-mail inquiries we have been receiving from you.

Delaware Case Status

Hi,
Today i got Screen shot from Phily BEC.
Here is my details

PD : 2/28/2003
RD in Screen Shot showing as : 9/23/2004
Case Status : Data Review

Actually my case was forwarded to Phily DOL on 12/2003 and we received a letter from phily DOL in 12/2003.

Why my case Receipt Date showing as 9/23/2004 in Screen Shot ?

What is Data Review means ?

Is any one waiting for Delaware case ?

Status Incomplete

NJ Oct02-PD said:
What's your status then? Just curious since we have similar PD....I would appreciate if you would let us know. Thanks.

Status is Incomplete as it is still in "T" status. Thanks

Yes. Which phone number did you call?

gc_psraj said:
Ok, I again spoke to another guy in PBEC, and he pulled up my case and sent me the screen shot. My status is Final Review. Not sure how long I have to wait.

Yes. Which phone number did you call?

RajeevMehta said:
Out of 350,000, half of them are Indians. So 10,000 EB visa per year means it will take 18 years to clear current backlog? Are we waiting for GC or Citizenship? It is accepted by most of the countries in world if someone lives for more than 10 years in a country without criminal record, can apply for citizenship.

It is time to arrange a rally in DC in front of White House. What do you say guys?

I'm located near DC. I will be there.

I got that..

keepingfaith said:
My screen shot has NO CASE STATUS FIELD whatsoever... is that normal? What does that mean???

Please let me know if anyone received similar screen shot!
I did receive one like that, then I received another with status on it. I called the 1-484-2701500 number.

Hi Guys, I saw some people have case # without having received 45-day letter. How did you get case #?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your input!

gc_psraj said:
I did receive one like that, then I received another with status on it. I called the 1-484-2701500 number.

I called them too and the guy told me to reply to that same email and ask them to include the case status field. I'm crossing my fingers now to see if this will work!

gc_psraj said:

gc_psraj is a May 2002 case from VA..

Guys from California with May 2002 PD, is there a way you can check your status? in particular, these guys with CA PD May 2002- from JW tracker?:

nk01
ALANNBERT-2
tao2004
pacha_attai

If you check http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/statistics/, you will see get a clearer picture of the immigration reality. In the past years, Indian and Chinese all exceed the 7% cap. Basically they borrowed quota from other countries or from other category such as family-based.

In 2005, the annual quota is 140k. According to ALIA, INS recaptured unused visa and increased the number to 250k, which means Indian and Chinese were allocated 18k. And eventually Indian managed to borrow quotas from other countries to make it 45k .

However, in 2006, such luxury may be no longer available.

1. According to ALIA, no unused visa available, so the total will be back to 140k.

2. It’s almost impossible to borrow visa from other counties, since PERM allows a lot of new applicants to compete for visa, so the per country cap is much more likely to be enforced. Say for any single year, there are 80k GC applicants from countries other than India and China (historical number estimated from 2003 and 2004 approved GC, could be more I’ll say). For the year 2006, very likely BEC and PERM will each output new 80k I485 applicants, easily exceeding 140k limit. That explains why ALIA projects, even for EB2, worldwide retrogression could be triggered in the foreseeable future. And for Indian and Chinese, if you can’t borrow, you are subject to 7% limit, eg 10k per year, and expected to move very slowly.

Very cruel reality!

chinglun said:
Why India use 45000 in FY2005 but reduce to 10000 in FY 2006 ??

This is just ridiculous ...

Once my labor and 140 got approved can I use these PD to file a new LC under PERM from the same company ?
My LC was filled under EB3 and EB2 is current at this moment and also there is more chances that EB2 will progress much faster than EB3 due to those 245(i) cases.
Please let me know.

atyagi73 said:
Congrates!!

Can you please provide details of your case ?

atyagi,

Case is from VA, EB3, RIR
PD: 05/10/2002

45 day letter was received and replied. I do not have the exact dates for those.

Hope this information is helpful.

Good luck

8th Year H1B Visa Revalidation - Chennai

Please excuse me if this is not the correct place for this question. I am not finding a better forum than this to ask this question.

Does anyone know how to schedule a visa revalidation appointment at Chennai Consulate via the VFS system from US? How do we pay the fee at HDFC before going online to do make an appointment? The process seems to be a hassle for people from here trying to make appointments and not clear.

See this website - www.vfs-usa.co.in

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please update us if it works..

keepingfaith said:
I called them too and the guy told me to reply to that same email and ask them to include the case status field. I'm crossing my fingers now to see if this will work!

Hi keepingfaith,
I got that same email.. Please update us if it works for you...

good luck and thanks..

gcco