Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

need help - since this is my most frequented thread hope you guys can help

Can anyone of you guys help...

This year I missed filing H1 for my wife and I plan to file it next year (was waiting for my GC to come, but now it will take forever, I am on H1 without LC approved yet).. The problem is she will have not more than 9 months (when her H4 + H1 period reaches 6 years), starting october 2006 before she completes 6 years. Now for her to stay with me and work, she either needs
to
1. Have filed her labor 1 year before (that she cannot do as she will only have 9 months before her 6 years completion)
2. Or have an approved or applied 140 (what's the rule guys)

Is there a possibility that she can work and not have to go out and stay out for an year. Any ideas.

Thanks,
a

Please...don't worry about Scenarios

msp1976 said:
Think of this scenario.

PBEC gets lots of letters
Now they say, they are getting so many letters they have no time left to approve any petitions...All their resources are tied up in opening and answering these letters...May be they would start answering your letters and allocate some of the resources to do that. and stop processing applications...

Boss, don't you guys worry about scenarios. What have PBEC done so far, other than being in-efficient? The whole point of sending a postcard is they don't have to open it, just read it. At least this way they know that we the "Labor Victims" are not sleeping...

Mockery - I like that letter with your additions. Let's all send it. I am going to buy 20 postcards and send them multiple times!!!

Secretary - Mrs. Chao
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
(202) 693-6000

PBEC
To US department of labor.
ETA
1 Belmont Ave, suite 200
Bala cynwya, PA 19004

As per US immigration, we can work as hi-tech slaves, as long as we want by maintaining H1B status. I am in 8th year now and will be filing my 9th year extension in Jan 2006.

orissa said:
My 9th H1B will expire next year feb. I want to know how many time we could file for H1B extention. Is that 10 and then eleven and then 12 and keep on going untill we get our GC.

This is great idea. Maybe we should just send letters to Mrs.Chao. This way we are not clogging up the PBEC (at lease PBEC cannot use it as excuses for more delays). At the same time, Chao will get pressure and will have to inquire about issues/progress in BEC. We should also send letters instead of postcards. This way the letters will be routed to Chao's office. Gov agencies will have to keep all the paper on file.

whereismy_gc said:
Boss, don't you guys worry about scenarios. What have PBEC done so far, other than being in-efficient? The whole point of sending a postcard is they don't have to open it, just read it. At least this way they know that we the "Labor Victims" are not sleeping...

Mockery - I like that letter with your additions. Let's all send it. I am going to buy 20 postcards and send them multiple times!!!

Secretary - Mrs. Chao
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
(202) 693-6000

PBEC
To US department of labor.
ETA
1 Belmont Ave, suite 200
Bala cynwya, PA 19004

MY LC Certified

ETA Case Number: P-04258-XXXX1
Prority Date: March 22, 2002
PBEC Recieve Date: 09/14/2004
45 Day Letter: 01/25/2006
Certified: 10/03/2005

Thanks
Gopal

MY LC Certified

EB2
state: VA
PD: March 12, 2002
Regional: Oct 09, 2003
45 day letter: Jan 25, 2005
FINALE REVIEW Since Aug 29, 2005
Certified: Oct 03, 2005
Case #:p-04258-XXXXX

Hi Val Cleared

val_cleared said:
EB2

Congrats !!!

DID you check your Status Today or Yetserday ( or did you Received in the mail)

Phily BEC contact #

My employer contacted 484 270 1500. Did not get get through immediately but someone picked up after trying a couple of times.
showmestate said:
Hi, Sincerely_Yours, what is the number to call PBEC? I am going to check the status. Thanks.

CA cases - any progress

Iam new to this form. My case details are shown below.

Did any guys from CA, receive your CASE status through screen shot?
Hope CA cases would be soon receiving approvals

Now is the TIME to ACT!

I have posted two times in the past few days to give some ideas to the regulars in the forum to get a movement going. But I haven’t heard any feedback, and I so I am going to take the initiative to get this done myself.

While there are quite a few movements out there (Compete America etc.) there is nothing directly represented by the H1Bs waiting for their GC- who look for faster processing times and the availability of visa numbers. There is a group called Techworkers @ yahoo groups, but their focus is on mailing letters and calling up lawmakers.

As I have said before, all efforts are good efforts, however to get our voices heard we need to raise some serious money and effectively use a lobbying firm to represent us well. The Bush administration is serious to get out an Immigration bill, but their focus is on the status of illegal immigrants. Unless, we H1Bs get some proper representation, only an insignificant change to the EB visa numbers may be made. Immigration bills are not passed every year, and if we miss the boat on this then I guess I will be writing to y’all in 10 years.

So here is the action plan for which I need some volunteers:

(a) First we are going to get a website out. I need a few technical administrators - somebody with HTML, web based database, and querying, graphics, hosting, skills etc.
(b) Need an Accountant with non-profit experience.
(c) Need somebody who can help us get this non-profit registered.
(d) Need to get a reputable attorney to be on the board of directors and co-chair this non-profit. The attorney will also help us liaise with the lobbying firm. The attorney will gain significant exposure from this, for a good cause, including possibly some airtime on TV.
(e) Need a set of directors and somebody to chair this non-profit.

As we get this organized and get the volunteers together we will come up with a charter and put it up on the website. We are then going to use the website to raise some serious money, collect statistics and track information. They say there are about 300,000 backlog cases. Even if half of them contribute $20, you are looking at $3 million dollars. Other people, and organizations including your local grocery store should be inclined to contribute and raise that number. Any unused money will be contributed to a charitable organization of your choice.

The time to ACT is NOW, so that we can get our voices heard as the Bill is being reviewed.

Please respond to me at bluberry4all@yahoo.com (with the subject heading H1B) with your information and the role you would like to play so that we can get this moving.

They say the H1Bs represent a highly skilled workforce, and so lets prove that RIGHT. Else we probably do not deserve a GC.

Please paste this on other forums so that there is some visibility and people can volunteer.

Congrates!! ..and a question...

val_cleared said:
ETA Case Number: P-04258-XXXX1
Prority Date: March 22, 2002
PBEC Recieve Date: 09/14/2004
45 Day Letter: 01/25/2006
Certified: 10/03/2005

Thanks
Gopal

Congrates and a question ...which state you filed from ?

I called today (484) 270-1500 to check status and the guy forwarded me to automated voice mail "At this time we are unable to provide you any status information, bla-bla-bla.... Please check later..." I guess in 10 years.... How to check if they at least have my case there?
Still no 45 days letter....

PD 07/2003
Non-RIR, FL.

What is the chance to get Non-RIR case approved?

I am worried since I am on the 5th H1 year. My Non-RIR case was forwarded to Regional. I still don't have 45 days letter. If a Non-RIR case was approved by SWA what is the chance to get it approved?
As I understand if they deny it on my 6th year then I don't have an option to stay in US.

Action is the best Reaction guys!

VAhoper said:
This is great idea. Maybe we should just send letters to Mrs.Chao. This way we are not clogging up the PBEC (at lease PBEC cannot use it as excuses for more delays). At the same time, Chao will get pressure and will have to inquire about issues/progress in BEC. We should also send letters instead of postcards. This way the letters will be routed to Chao's office. Gov agencies will have to keep all the paper on file.

Keep up the spirit VaHopper, GCSlippery, StressTest, Mockery Act now...Letters, Postcards whatever you guys think will make our voice heard.

Again, My Fellow countrymen this is a collective action and it is impossible to achieve without each one of you reading this article. So Please contribute to this common cause.....

Also, This message is for BluBerry as well. Let us not worry about the Website and Lobbying at this minute. I know it is a great idea but at the same time it is a time consuming too. I am not sure how many of us could dedicate time for your idea. If you find people for this...please go ahead and I will support this as much as I could.

July_2003 said:
I called today (484) 270-1500 to check status and the guy forwarded me to automated voice mail "At this time we are unable to provide you any status information, bla-bla-bla.... Please check later..." I guess in 10 years.... How to check if they at least have my case there?
Still no 45 days letter....

PD 07/2003
Non-RIR, FL.
There are people with much earlier PD than you and got NO 45 days letter. look for my signature and I am in same boat as you are ....earlier PD but different state and NO 45 days letter yet

July_2003 said:
I am worried since I am on the 5th H1 year. My Non-RIR case was forwarded to Regional. I still don't have 45 days letter. If a Non-RIR case was approved by SWA what is the chance to get it approved?
As I understand if they deny it on my 6th year then I don't have an option to stay in US.
I have finished 5 yrs as well and so did many other people .Infact people are there on this forum on their 9th yr of H1 with NO 45 days letter :(

I would send this letter to the CC list at the bottom of the letter.
(yes all the contacts goes will all the letters). This will help everybody relate who is responsible for this mess.
If there is something to be omitted or included in the letter, please comment.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Labor certification delay makes me suffer a lot. Would you please speed up to achieve promise given by DOL (Department Of Labor) to finish all cases in two years.

If DOL is short of fundings, I am ready to contribute upto $500 to the cause.

Wish you a happy halloween.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX

CC:

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Emily Stover DeRocco
Assistant Secretary
Employment and Training Agency
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Gordon S. Heddell, Inspector General
George J. Opfer, Deputy Inspector General
Office of Inspector General
Room S-5502
Washington, DC 20210

OIG Hotline: Report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Room S-5506
Washington, DC 20210
Telephone: (202) 693-6999 or 1-800-347-3756

US department of labor.
ETA
1 belmont AVE, suite 200
Bala cynwya, PA 19004

Judicial Watch, Inc.
P.O. Box 44444
Washington, D.C. 20026

Senetors on the immigration committee
John Cornyn, TX(Chairman)
Charles E. Grassley, IA
Jon Kyl, AZ
Mike DeWine, OH
Jeff Sessions, AL
Sam Brownback, KS
Tom Coburn, OK
Democratic Members
Edward M. Kennedy, MA (Ranking Democrat)
Joseph R. Biden, Jr., DE
Dianne Feinstein, CA
Russell D. Feingold, WI
Charles E. Schumer, NY
Richard J. Durbin, IL

Last edited by a moderator:
RIR or Non-RIR

Hey - val_cleared:

Congrats on your approval? Can you please verify if yours was a Non-RIR or RIR case?

Thanks

val_cleared said:
EB2