Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hi All,

It has been a long time I know things are still in the same way they are unfortunately :(

Just a thought and observation also credible info. Look at the approvals from PBEC many a people who got approved are either first timers to post on this forum or have not posted no more than 10 msgs.. That indicates that they are silent observers and get status from the Forum. They are not over enthusiatic to find status over the phone or sent any status e-mail to PBEC.

So concluding that people who are in "Final Review" and still waiting for approvals either they must have keep on finding the status so though the cases are approved they might not have been mailed. Just an opinion :(

So just do not check for it and keep quiet for a while until you get your approval.

FYI: Fortunately I sent my application in the eleventh hour THanks a Lot AILA for the publishing interim order to file with notice of approval confirmation

aprlc2002 said:
FYI: Fortunately I sent my application in the eleventh hour THanks a Lot AILA for the publishing interim order to file with notice of approval confirmation

Congrats..!! 'baal baal bach gaye..!'

Good to know another Jersey Guy got the 45 days letter. I received mine three month ago even my PD was later than yours. However, just look at your P-Number, it indicates that they input your info just 9 days after mine but for some reason your 45 days letter is three months later than mine. With this kind of procedure PBEC that is doing, I would even not spend a second to estimate or guess when I will get my LC.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
I recieved my 45 day letter today and I am on 8th year H1B extension.

NJ
RIR,EB2
PD : 09/2002
45 day letter : Recieved on 10/03/2005
P-05131-*****

StressTestInUSA said:
Thats the best idea....just dart the bulls-eye ..!! rest of the ideas may not be as effective as this...they are the right people to target......!!

making forums...creating websites...we will get drained with all that excersice I guess..!!

I am sure all will agree for this idea...

All we need is an effective letter very well worded explaining all our woes including hanging on to the same job..cant change job...wives cant work shud be mentioned..

"Internet policies", I meant some restrictions at work.
Sending postal mail and emails is the most effective way, no denial. Thats the reason I stressed a lot about AILA take action page, it has all the contacts in the same place. Even if we don't trust AILA email system, we can still get comprehensive list of local politicians and media people from this site.
I have some sample letters in the signature. You guys can come up with some more and I will post it there.

Atmost it takes 20 minutes to send an emails.
- Get a sample letter (1 minute) (see some samples in my signature)
- Personalized it (10 minutes)
- Going to contact list in old awareness thread or AILA take action page (5 minutes)
- Sending the email (4 minutes)

I think, IF YOU believe that this is injustice and taking action might make 1% difference and you still haven't sent a mail or are a silent observer of this forum, then you might have to think again and figure out whats stopping you. If you spend hours and hours reading this forum, why not spend 20 minutes and feel good about yourselves. Also even more important is to encourage your colleagues and friends who completely lost hope and who distant themselves from this forum, to send emails and take action.

Response from Michael Bilirakis..

FYI: After sending the letters to below mentioned ppl, got a general letter fom Michael Bilirakis.

There is nothing to be excited about but I thought of sharing it anyway..

USCISisMockery said:
"Internet policies", I meant some restrictions at work.
Sending postal mail and emails is the most effective way, no denial. Thats the reason I stressed a lot about AILA take action page, it has all the contacts in the same place. Even if we don't trust AILA email system, we can still get comprehensive list of local politicians and media people from this site.
I have some sample letters in the signature. You guys can come up with some more and I will post it there.

Atmost it takes 20 minutes to send an emails.
- Get a sample letter (1 minute) (see some samples in my signature)
- Personalized it (10 minutes)
- Going to contact list in old awareness thread or AILA take action page (5 minutes)
- Sending the email (4 minutes)

I think, IF YOU believe that this is injustice and taking action might make 1% difference and you still haven't sent a mail or are a silent observer of this forum, then you might have to think again and figure out whats stopping you. If you spend hours and hours reading this forum, why not spend 20 minutes and feel good about yourselves. Also even more important is to encourage your colleagues and friends who completely lost hope and who distant themselves from this forum, to send emails and take action.

for aprlc...

Congrates and thnx for update. !!

Do you have any idea what is happening in the wonderland of PBEC ?

aprlc2002 said:
It has been a long time I know things are still in the same way they are unfortunately :(

Just a thought and observation also credible info. Look at the approvals from PBEC many a people who got approved are either first timers to post on this forum or have not posted no more than 10 msgs.. That indicates that they are silent observers and get status from the Forum. They are not over enthusiatic to find status over the phone or sent any status e-mail to PBEC.

So concluding that people who are in "Final Review" and still waiting for approvals either they must have keep on finding the status so though the cases are approved they might not have been mailed. Just an opinion :(

So just do not check for it and keep quiet for a while until you get your approval.

send a letter to philadelphia BPC

Hi:
I send a post card to philadelphia BPC with the following message:
To US department of labor.
ETA
1 belmont AVE, suite 200
Bala cynwya, PA 19004

Dear sir:
Delaying labor certification make me suffer a lot. Would you please speed up to achieve promise given by DOL to finish all case in two years.
wish you a happy halloween.

Please send a letter to philadelphia BPC to ask them to speed up.
Thanks
WE

StressTestInUSA said:
Thats the best idea....just dart the bulls-eye ..!! rest of the ideas may not be as effective as this...they are the right people to target......!!

making forums...creating websites...we will get drained with all that excersice I guess..!!

I am sure all will agree for this idea...

All we need is an effective letter very well worded explaining all our woes including hanging on to the same job..cant change job...wives cant work shud be mentioned..

I agree this is the way to go.. They cannot just throw away our letters..

But some media coverage would do us wonders too.. I'm not talking about newspaper articles.. or a mere 5 minutes coverage.. Has anyone tried Larry King Live.. He program is a live 9-10pm slot.... For people who don't know him, he deals with all types of current issues. Isn't afraid to ask anyone any questions. We can try to bring the PBEC issue to his attention..

I don't know whether this will work.. But hey.. no harm trying.. All cnn would want is good ratings for their shows.. And I'm sure ALL IMMIGRANTS would tune in that day.. Also if we have to buy that slot... All immigrants can pitch in. A $20 bill from PBEC alone would take us a long way..

We can send a well writen letter of our plight & ask if there is any remote possibility of airing this serious issue. We would need someone who can converse very well to be our media spokesman..

Another program that can be used is the OPRAH show.. Very high rating among women.. Our spouses can come forward to tell about their fate here in America... If we get women activist to feel for our spouses... they will come forward to address the issue with higher authorities (hoping).. Even if PBEC issue is not addressed.. at least it is a try..

We might not be achieve full results but at least people would be aware of what is going on..

What are your thoughts/comments??

radd

Both seem to be good options to reah lot of people.But again with the current state of unemployment and illegal immigration issues, i dont think people are really interested to helping us though we are legal.

Individually anyone over here might emphathise with you and me..but as a group they really dont want a competitive immigrant community which would take away jobs from them.Again just my opinion from my experience.Do not get offended.

radd said:
I agree this is the way to go.. They cannot just throw away our letters..

But some media coverage would do us wonders too.. I'm not talking about newspaper articles.. or a mere 5 minutes coverage.. Has anyone tried Larry King Live.. He program is a live 9-10pm slot.... For people who don't know him, he deals with all types of current issues. Isn't afraid to ask anyone any questions. We can try to bring the PBEC issue to his attention..

I don't know whether this will work.. But hey.. no harm trying.. All cnn would want is good ratings for their shows.. And I'm sure ALL IMMIGRANTS would tune in that day.. Also if we have to buy that slot... All immigrants can pitch in. A $20 bill from PBEC alone would take us a long way..

We can send a well writen letter of our plight & ask if there is any remote possibility of airing this serious issue. We would need someone who can converse very well to be our media spokesman..

Another program that can be used is the OPRAH show.. Very high rating among women.. Our spouses can come forward to tell about their fate here in America... If we get women activist to feel for our spouses... they will come forward to address the issue with higher authorities (hoping).. Even if PBEC issue is not addressed.. at least it is a try..

We might not be achieve full results but at least people would be aware of what is going on..

What are your thoughts/comments??

radd

Just received my 45-day letter ...

State:FL
PD: Sep/2001

is it possible to estimate how much longer now?

Good luck to all!

FL_Sep_2001 said:

Good luck to all!

You should also post in the BEC tracking thread http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571&goto=lastpost using the format:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

H1B extension

My 9th H1B will expire next year feb. I want to know how many time we could file for H1B extention. Is that 10 and then eleven and then 12 and keep on going untill we get our GC.

Looks like the system has reached a point where it is going to be functional....

we may get pushed back every now and then by some changes in the

process and by the increased applicants from our countries..(both china and

india).The visa numbers are really discouraging...i guess right now it might be

a long wait for 485 even after a LC

I started believing in "Being Lucky" ....May be a stroke of luck can change

the whole thing..like they randomly coming up with a new process and saying

that this applies from a specific month/year..

orissa said:
My 9th H1B will expire next year feb. I want to know how many time we could file for H1B extention. Is that 10 and then eleven and then 12 and keep on going untill we get our GC.

worriedEngineer said:
Hi:
I send a post card to philadelphia BPC with the following message:
To US department of labor.
ETA
1 belmont AVE, suite 200
Bala cynwya, PA 19004

Dear sir:
Delaying labor certification make me suffer a lot. Would you please speed up to achieve promise given by DOL to finish all case in two years.
wish you a happy halloween.

Please send a letter to philadelphia BPC to ask them to speed up.
Thanks
WE

This should be the best option. If we all send physical letter with above message, it might wake-up ETA's head. There is nothing offending in the letter, its simple straight to the point and no suggestions. Lets all pledge to send this letter. Please make sure you send physical snail mail, they just can't ignore it. And don't worry about; bunch of letters will make them inefficient, they already are.

Also we can add "If ETA is short of fundings, I am ready to contribute upto $500 to the cause". This will make them feel ashamed.

Thats it, simple short letter.

FL_Sep_2001 said:

Good luck to all!

Is your case Traditional or RIR?
Did it make it Atlanta Regional office before being transferred to BPC?

It might work the other way too...

USCISisMockery said:
This should be the best option. If we all send physical letter with above message, it might wake-up ETA's head. There is nothing offending in the letter, its simple straight to the point and no suggestions. Lets all pledge to send this letter. Please make sure you send physical snail mail, they just can't ignore it. And don't worry about; bunch of letters will make them inefficient, they already are.

Also we can add "If ETA is short of fundings, I am ready to contribute upto $500 to the cause". This will make them feel ashamed.

Thats it, simple short letter.

Think of this scenario.

PBEC gets lots of letters
Now they say, they are getting so many letters they have no time left to approve any petitions...All their resources are tied up in opening and answering these letters...May be they would start answering your letters and allocate some of the resources to do that. and stop processing applications...

Last edited by a moderator:
please help...

i got a letter from PBEC on 27th sep 2005 saying my case is approved. but this letter was dated aug 31st 2005. i did contacted my attorney still he don't see any communication from PBEC. address is fine. i was not able to file before 30th oct 2005. i am still waiting from approval packet to reach my attorney. is there a phone we can contact PBEC. what we can do . and also can some one direct me to place where i can get info about I-140 Filing. if we file I-140 and if the dates become current can we file I-485 or still we need to wait...please share your ideas.... how about counslers processing..is it worth any problems....

For MSP1976

Sir/Madam,
With due respect, in your company does all your staff open letters that are addressed to your company ?

By the way, my employer called up Phily BEC to do a status check. Unfortunately, he did it in my absence and did not ask the right questions. Despite a list of questions that I gave him to ask, all he asked was
a) Where does my case stand?
b) How much time will it take for me to get certified?
My case details are:
EB3,RIR Maryland
Priority Date: 03/2002
BEC case # 043******
BEC said that someone is looking at my case right now and they are making sure all the documentation is correct. They also said that my case is close to getting certified (how close is anybody's guess...no dates mentioned).
Once Halloween comes and the holiday season starts, there ain't gonna be no treat for us...as usual, we will get tricked
:)

My status was RIR in August 05
msp1976 said:
Think of this scenario.

PBEC gets lots of letters
Now they say, they are getting so many letters they have no time left to approve any petitions...All their resources are tied up in opening and answering these letters...May be they would start answering your letters and allocate some of the resources to do that. and stop processing applications...

yours_sincerely said:
Sir/Madam,
With due respect, in your company does all your staff open letters that are addressed to your company ?

By the way, my employer called up Phily BEC to do a status check. Unfortunately, he did it in my absence and did not ask the right questions. Despite a list of questions that I gave him to ask, all he asked was
a) Where does my case stand?
b) How much time will it take for me to get certified?
My case details are:
EB3,RIR Maryland
Priority Date: 03/2002
BEC case # 043******
BEC said that someone is looking at my case right now and they are making sure all the documentation is correct. They also said that my case is close to getting certified (how close is anybody's guess...no dates mentioned).
Once Halloween comes and the holiday season starts, there ain't gonna be no treat for us...as usual, we will get tricked
:)

My status was RIR in August 05

Hi, Sincerely_Yours, what is the number to call PBEC? I am going to check the status. Thanks.