Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

lvka said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/02/AR2005100201377.html

Is there any way we can contact the author, it looks that he/she has great insight and sympathy on the H visa holder, maybe s/he is interested in writing an article about back log and retrogression.

Its kalitam@washpost.com and she has written some nice articles mentioning our plight.

Regarding awreness, its encouraging seing more and more people are realizing that this is the time.

Instead of suggesting lot of good idea (believe me, all good ideas that you can think of is been thought of and discussed, just not acted upon), we need to think about how to start organizing the ideas and how we can act upon.

First and foremost we need to identify leaders on this forum who are willing to spare some time.

Then we have to form new yahoo group because
- immigrationporal.com sever can't handle the capacity of crowd we are expecting (though ip.com will remain our main forum), yahoogroup will be used to co-ordinate and market our effort.
- we have lot of unrelated waywards talks here (Can I file 140 if visa number are not available, why can't I file 485, my friend filled it, why can't I..). No good effort can flourish in such un-moderated medium.

Once we have yahoo group set up, we can invite opinions and then think about how we will implement it. (though, we need to act quickly and be ready for action by end of this month)

Now the question is who will tie the bell and form the yahoo group. Because of internet policies, I couldn't take the lead, but I am ready to be in the NJ team and also willing to contribute time and money.

People with PD of late june 2003 are getting approvals from DBEC. And the latest from PBEC is may 2002. I don't know how PBEC will catch up with DBEC?
And the way things are moving PBEC will not be able to get synchronized with DBEC by the end of this year. Then will PBEC and DBEC publish a different time frame for processing? One will be a year ahead of other....
Also from DBEC we are seeing a lot of approvals from 2003 PD but from PBEC we are seeing few from 2002 and 2001 PD. Is there less people from PBEC section in this forum than the DBEC section?
If that is true than it makes sense.
Also it is very unfair for the people with EB2 category whose file went to PBEC and now with the retrogression those people with PD of 2002 will not be able to file 485 and 140 but people from DBEC was able to file and those guys will enjoy the EAD and the parole.
Nor fare at all.
Any way my PD is Sep 2002 RIR, EB3, CA and hopefully by the end of this year will hear something from PBEC, if I am extremely lucky!!!

MannyD said:
You are piecing together multiple information and confusing yourself and others here. Even though this discusssion doesn't belong here, just to synch everybody's understanding:
You can extend H1B visa beyond 6th (or 7th or eighth or...) if you have a LC petition pending for more than 365 days. This extension is to be made every year as you will be given extension for only one year every time.
Beyond LC, if you apply for I140 and that gets approved, you can get you H1B extended for 3 years (irrespective of how many years you've spent on H1) if your visa date is not current yet. God forbid if the visa dates still dont get current after the three years, you can get another 3 year extension.

This is my understanding and I strongly recommend you check with your attorney on this before making any plans.

can you guys please shut this off now, completely unrelated stuff which we have nothing to do, atleast we have labor approved. Its my humble request to stick to BEC and labor discussions.

I-140 & I-485

Hi Guys.

When LC approved. If the VISA number is available, people can file I-140 & I-485 at the same time. No doubt about this.

But because there is no VISA number, people will have to file I-140 first. But before the I-140 gets approved, which may need to go through another backlog reduction center and take 10 years, can we file I-485 if the VISA number becomes available?

By logic, it should be OK, since they can get filed at the same time. But since we are not in a place where people use normal logic, we need to find it out.

Appreciate if you can give me some insight on this ...

Thanks

Stupid Guy in USA
PD = Sept/2001 from MD
RIR. EB2. Status = RIR at this time.

lvka said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/02/AR2005100201377.html

Is there any way we can contact the author, it looks that he/she has great insight and sympathy on the H visa holder, maybe s/he is interested in writing an article about back log and retrogression.

You request is in the process.... I am already working on it.
In US it is very difficult to get all the people together and organize a protest. Thats why I took the initiative to let our voices heard via press.
People living other parts of the coutry take a similar initiative.. together we can achieve it.
There is no point in shouting and chatting in this forum. Let the right people (law makers) get the message...

lvka said:

In US it is very difficult to get all the people together and organize a protest. Thats why I took the initiative to let our voices heard via press.
People living other parts of the coutry take a similar initiative.. together we can achieve it.
There is no point in shouting and chatting in this forum. Let the right people (law makers) get the message...

yours will be faster ...

I do believe P042 something will be approved earlier than P043 something ...

smallriver said:
My case number = P042XXXX. PD = Oct/2001. EB2. RIR. 45 day letter received & replied long long long time ago. Nothing is happening.

Thank YOU !!!

GCVeteran said:

Let me say THANK YOU for the work.

chinglun said:
The P numbers are all random. Its whatever box they happen to enter on that day. Why do you think P-042 will be approved before P-043? They could be entering Dec 03 cases on P-042 and Dec 01 cases on P-043. If they follow some form of FIFO P-043 cases will be processed much sooner compared to P-042 cases. This is just a hypothesis.
Again, The reality is "PBEC IS RANDOM".

I recieved my 45 day letter today and I am on 8th year H1B extension.

NJ
RIR,EB2
PD : 09/2002
45 day letter : Recieved on 10/03/2005
P-05131-*****

chinglun said:

Chinglun,
I dont think there is any method that PBEC is following.
The only method they have is RANDOMNESS.
They seem to be adjudicating MD and VA cases from 2002 (altough there are 2001 cases from the same states which are not adjudicated).

Meanwhile I did notice that you and I have about the same PDs and same received dates at PBEC (of course that does not mean PBEC will adjudicate them at the same time :) )

Labor approved VA

Hey folks, just wanted to let you guys know my labor just got certified.
EB2
state: VA
PD: Feb 12, 2002
Regional: July 14th, 2003
45 day letter: March 2005
Certified: Aug 19th, 2005
Case #: P-05076-xxxxx

Good luck to all!!!

US Visa rules and frustated Indian wives

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=55845&headline=US~visa~rules~and~frustrated~Indian~wives!

I agree with you ...

We do not know what they are doing ... it is just a mess ...

but if you check people who post their approvals from PBEC , their case number is P42xxx something ..I do not recall I saw P043...something ..

Maybe in this forum, more people are from MD and VA ...
However there are 300000+ people . This fourm may only have a small percentage ..

good luck every one ...

jnathan said:
Chinglun,
I dont think there is any method that PBEC is following.
The only method they have is RANDOMNESS.
They seem to be adjudicating MD and VA cases from 2002 (altough there are 2001 cases from the same states which are not adjudicated).

Meanwhile I did notice that you and I have about the same PDs and same received dates at PBEC (of course that does not mean PBEC will adjudicate them at the same time :) )

Take Action!!

USCISisMockery said:
Its kalitam@washpost.com and she has written some nice articles mentioning our plight.

Regarding awreness, its encouraging seing more and more people are realizing that this is the time.

Instead of suggesting lot of good idea (believe me, all good ideas that you can think of is been thought of and discussed, just not acted upon), we need to think about how to start organizing the ideas and how we can act upon.

First and foremost we need to identify leaders on this forum who are willing to spare some time.

Then we have to form new yahoo group because
- immigrationporal.com sever can't handle the capacity of crowd we are expecting (though ip.com will remain our main forum), yahoogroup will be used to co-ordinate and market our effort.
- we have lot of unrelated waywards talks here (Can I file 140 if visa number are not available, why can't I file 485, my friend filled it, why can't I..). No good effort can flourish in such un-moderated medium.

Once we have yahoo group set up, we can invite opinions and then think about how we will implement it. (though, we need to act quickly and be ready for action by end of this month)

Now the question is who will tie the bell and form the yahoo group. Because of internet policies, I couldn't take the lead, but I am ready to be in the NJ team and also willing to contribute time and money.

Hey Mockery,

What Internet policies? Can you be more specific? I can create the Yahoo group but what is the purpose. I don't think its going to help. What action plans do we have?

Instead why can't we hammer our individual representatives or people like Mrs. Chao and Stephanko of BEC. Why can't each individual in this Forum write a letter and post it to the above reponsible people, CC: state senators.

I can't think of a better acttion plan than this. Just keep your name and address anonymous, just in case.

Please let me know if it makes any sense

congrats

Hi ,

Congrats. Did you get any screenshot from PBEC before? Do you have your case received date?

Thanks

w8in4gc said:
Friends,

Received approval from PBEC unexpectedly on 9/28th. I had received 45 days letter back in Dec 2004.

This is a proof that PBEC is still approving cases on daily basis.

This forum has been great help and provided guidence to me. Wanted to thank you all for your good work.

Wishing you all good luck with your labor approval, I hope you all get approvals soon.

w8in4gc

If you look at the Philadelphia approval thread you see that case # Case #: P-05076-xxxxx was approved. This was from VA.
So they are definitely not going in any order.
There is no method to their madness

chinglun said:
We do not know what they are doing ... it is just a mess ...

but if you check people who post their approvals from PBEC , their case number is P42xxx something ..I do not recall I saw P043...something ..

Maybe in this forum, more people are from MD and VA ...
However there are 300000+ people . This fourm may only have a small percentage ..

good luck every one ...

whereismy_gc said:
Hey Mockery,

What Internet policies? Can you be more specific? I can create the Yahoo group but what is the purpose. I don't think its going to help. What action plans do we have?

Instead why can't we hammer our individual representatives or people like Mrs. Chao and Stephanko of BEC. Why can't each individual in this Forum write a letter and post it to the above reponsible people, CC: state senators.

I can't think of a better acttion plan than this. Just keep your name and address anonymous, just in case.

Please let me know if it makes any sense

Thats the best idea....just dart the bulls-eye ..!! rest of the ideas may not be as effective as this...they are the right people to target......!!

making forums...creating websites...we will get drained with all that excersice I guess..!!

I am sure all will agree for this idea...

All we need is an effective letter very well worded explaining all our woes including hanging on to the same job..cant change job...wives cant work shud be mentioned..

Last edited by a moderator:
jnathan said:
If you look at the Philadelphia approval thread you see that case # Case #: P-05076-xxxxx was approved. This was from VA.

I can imagine the PBEC only as a 'warehouse' with all our files... Whatever box they find before 2003..it must be 'chalo... data entry karo...'
Only we can wonder which box our files are hiding...

I saw that one ...however

The PD is earlier than both of us ...

jnathan said: