Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

cpallapothula said:
Congratulations.I guess, you can still file for 485 and get your EID before Sept 30th. Also, Cna you provide us your state of filing, EB Category and DOT code. Mine is March 2002, EB2 and filed from California. I am still waiting for mine.

Have you checked your case status recently? Mine is June 2002, also filed from CA and case status was RIR when I checked last time. Also, does anyone know when Philly is going to start adjudicating CA cases?

No he cannot since EB3 dates are already retrogressed. If he had been EB2 then he could have done joint filing and would have saved years of wait. Anyways keep your hopes up and enjoy while the fun lasts. :)

cpallapothula said:
Congratulations.I guess, you can still file for 485 and get your EID before Sept 30th. Also, Cna you provide us your state of filing, EB Category and DOT code. Mine is March 2002, EB2 and filed from California. I am still waiting for mine.

mjossan said:
Finally I got the news I have been waiting for so long. But now it has made me even more depressed because its not of much use now. My labor was approved today.

Details

RIR - EB3 - MD
PD: 04/24/2002
RD: 09/2004
Approved by PBEC: 09/19/2005
Case Number: P-04289-2xxxx

Congrats mjossan !!! Good luck for the rest of the process :)

Did you get the hardcopy, or you check it from PBEC?

---------------
MINE: VA PD 4/19/2002 REGION RIR EB3

mjossan said:
Finally I got the news I have been waiting for so long. But now it has made me even more depressed because its not of much use now. My labor was approved today.

Details

RIR - EB3 - MD

Two approvals

Today my friend's lawyer received an approval for his case.

EB3-RIR, Jan 2002, MD. (Maryland). Received hard copy 9/19/2005. He never checked his status via e-mail.

There was another friend whose status was in 'Final Review' 4 weeks ago, checked his status again today. And it is 'Certified'. Vine5050.., this is the one you have in tracker.

EB3-RIR, Jan 2002, MD. (Maryland) Certified 9/19/2005

wrong PD on screenshot

Virat said:
Gurus,

Sometime back i sent an email to get my case status to H1B7YR, I got my screenshot with details. Most of the things looked fine except the priority date. My case was filed in Jan 2003, and it was transferred to PBEC from NJ SWA on Jan 14th 2005.

The priority date and case received date both show up as 14th Jan 2005, where as my priority date should be 14th Jan 2003. I am not sure if its a typo or something they are assigning to the T cases.

I was assigned a T case id.

I talked to my lawyer, he told me that he will take up the issue with PBEC after he gets the 45 day letter and things are still messed up at that time.

Anybody had similar issues. Please share your views.

I had the same problem (as well as other people in this forum), but they fixed it after my lawyer emailed them (using the h1b address), requesting the PD to be fixed. I don't know exactly how long it took them to fix it, but I checked the status today (3 weeks later), and it's correct now ... for the 1st time, I've felt good about something the PBEC did. At least it proves they are processing the emails our lawyers send them, which, considering the overall chaos, is an achievement.

Another Approval

I reported "final Review" case of mine and my friends, however my friends case got approved whos PD is one day later than mine. Looks like PBEC finally woke up and start approving cases like there is no tomorrow.

mdgc2001 said:
Today my friend's lawyer received an approval for his case.

EB3-RIR, Jan 2002, MD. (Maryland). Received hard copy 9/19/2005. He never checked his status via e-mail.

There was another friend whose status was in 'Final Review' 4 weeks ago, checked his status again today. And it is 'Certified'. Vine5050.., this is the one you have in tracker.

EB3-RIR, Jan 2002, MD. (Maryland) Certified 9/19/2005

Please get someone to edit your letter

When you write to a Dpt. of Homeland Security official, it would woudl be very important to make sure your letter is written in good English. It presents a certain good image, and it has more impact. Studies have shown that most natives have an immediate reaction to people who can't speak their language well: "He must be stupid". Why do you think they make fun of immigrants from India on The Simpsons!!! :)

worriedEngineer said:
Hi All:
I send the following email to cisombudsman@dhs.gov <cisombudsman@dhs.gov> to complain slowness of philadelphia BEC.
Please send your complain to cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Dear Sir:
I applied my labor certification to Department of Labor on June 11, 2002. I wait for my labor for more than Three years, no result by now. My labor certification was transfered to philadelphia backlog reduction center in Nov 2004, the case is still pending by now. I suffered a lot for the slow and inefficient labor certification process.
Dallas backlog reduction center and philadelphia backlog process center work on the labor certification for more than one year, How many cases they processed?
DOL don't want to give the number, but from our estimation it is less than 20000 case, with total more than 200 persons in two BECs and one year process time, It is average less than 0.5 case per person per day, it is unbelievable slow. Philadelphia BEC is even slower than Dallas BEC, so I suffered more because my case is in philadelphia BEC.
DOL said it will take two to two and half years to finish all the 345000 pending labor certification, it is impossible to achive this goal with such a slow speed. So I encourage DOL labor certification backlog reduction center to speedup to achieve the promise given by DOL which is finish 345000 labor certification case in two to two and half years start from March 28 2005.

mjossan said:

Details

RIR - EB3 - MD

Congrats jossan!!
Questions, how did you get to know it was approved?? did you receive the hard copy or thru the status email to 7thyr email id??
bcos, i saw some letters where the approval date is sep1st, but the lawyer got the copy 2 weeks later(meaning around sep15th).
just some more clarification...

Thanks

cpallapothula said:

Mr PP,

As far as i know, all Ca cases with your PD were cleared at CA last year itself. r u talking about march 2003?? or was your case remanded back to state, from where it came to phili?? if it is really march 2002, eb2,rir, then you should seriously talk to your lawyer....

On more thought I guess your case was non-rir...

I-140 question

Hi gurus,
I know it's too early to ask for I-140 question(see my signature below for detail), but as there is a new rule for submitting it in 45 days after labor approval, I want to prepare in advance.
here is the situation, my daughter lives in China now but I want her get the GC with me ( if possilbe I can get in the future), when do you think I have to bring her here?
Thanks for your advice. I know I could ask the lawyer but he will laugh at me because I even didn't get my 45 day letter yet.
Thanks again.

Mine is a PD Mar, 2002 and RD May 1, 2003. And it went to Philly BEC. I have recieved the 45 day letetr and recenlty(More than a month back) I got a screen shot from the PHilly BEC with the statis of RIR.

csrini1 said:
Mr PP,

As far as i know, all Ca cases with your PD were cleared at CA last year itself. r u talking about march 2003?? or was your case remanded back to state, from where it came to phili?? if it is really march 2002, eb2,rir, then you should seriously talk to your lawyer....

161 said:
Hi gurus,
I know it's too early to ask for I-140 question(see my signature below for detail), but as there is a new rule for submitting it in 45 days after labor approval, I want to prepare in advance.
here is the situation, my daughter lives in China now but I want her get the GC with me ( if possilbe I can get in the future), when do you think I have to bring her here?
Thanks for your advice. I know I could ask the lawyer but he will laugh at me because I even didn't get my 45 day letter yet.
Thanks again.

I think dependants will be included only in I-485 stage. Stay cool.
Cheers.

Friends labor approved

One of my coleague got his labor approved today from PBEC.
PD: 6-2002
State : MD
Category : EB2 RIR

My other coleagues with PD 4/2001 and 2/2002 from MD are still waiting.

csrini1 said:
Mr PP,

This is my case:
ETA P-0432X-XXXXX
PD 10-8-02
EB-3 RIR, California
45 day letter: 3-14-05
mailed: 3-21-05

I'm not under H1-B. Do you think they overlooked mine too? I thought they haven't started on CA cases yet. Please... does anyone have any feedback?

some CA cases were approved in the last two months

PD Octoer ... it will be some time later ... my guess !

so far, we are stilling seeing only 3,4/2002 cases ... at least, in this forum.

cramm said:
This is my case:
ETA P-0432X-XXXXX
PD 10-8-02
EB-3 RIR, California
45 day letter: 3-14-05
mailed: 3-21-05

I'm not under H1-B. Do you think they overlooked mine too? I thought they haven't started on CA cases yet. Please... does anyone have any feedback?

chinglun said:
PD Octoer ... it will be some time later ... my guess !

so far, we are stilling seeing only 3,4/2002 cases ... at least, in this forum.

Those cases with PD 3-4/2002 that were approved are not from CA. Haven't seen any yet from CA. So I think we have to wait a long time. But whether it gets approved today or next year doesn't matter anymore because of the huge backlogs.

Hello my friends,
Finally my lawyer received yesturday the hard copy oy my case cetification.
Remember that he told me a month ago that was cetified but they wait a month to send the hard copy.

Congrats!

Congratulations Choclito! If you are EB-2, you should file I-485 ASAP. So that you can take advantage of EAD, AP. That way you don't have to worry about H-1 anymore.

Good Luck on your future stages!

All others in Final Review, check your status at the end of this week and let us know if there is any change.

Choclito said:
Hello my friends,
Finally my lawyer received yesturday the hard copy oy my case cetification.
Remember that he told me a month ago that was cetified but they wait a month to send the hard copy.